Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC: Odrek

"There and there," Odrek said to Novvah, indicating two buildings with Kavinika behind them. "Let's get clear before that guy does whatever he's about to do," he called, referring to Teclorus. His eyes then fell on the Toa of Ice that had joined in. "The White Wanderer?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Tekro

It took a moment for Tekro to reorient himself after the blast before he noticed that the Fe-matoran was about to hurl another sort of grenade. Ears still ringing, he picked his knife back up and scrambled toward Teclorus's shelter, tumbling through the window.

"Pardon me," he sputtered. As he fell into the building, he swore he saw a Kavinika standing on the roof on the shack they were hiding within.

"We, uh, have a slight problem," he said as he pointed out the rotting wood ceiling start to slightly bulge downward. "I'll take care of him, just concentrate on throwing that thing." Tekro ran to a ladder on the other side of the room and climbed to the roof.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

OOC: Methinks it's time for the Ko-Metru side of this conflict to get some love.

IC: Rezha (Ko-Metru)

My arrow flew straight and true, embedding itself in a Kavinika skull even as another one came at me from the left. I seized the Kavinika I'd already killed and threw it at the other one, seeing the two tumble down the paved road like Hapaka in a mock-battle.

The second Kavinika never got a chance to recuperate thanks to my Laser Vision.

"If anyone's going to do something extremely stupid, then get yout butts in gear"

IC: Dracax (Ta-Karda)

His flames roared, his blades glinted in the warm glow, and his large frame was highlighted by it. Dracax said nothing as he, now using his sword, swung the flaming blade at another Kavinika, slicing its jaw clean off.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zinyn

The Toa heard the old Turaga asking for marksmen, and began to really regret how much power he'd spent on making paths in the sheet. But as long as "knocking them off" was restricted to wild kicking, he might be able to oblige them there.

"Fe-Matoran," he said to one of the ones who had originally been around him, "see if you can lob some of those on those rooftops." He pointed at the low buildings the Turaga had been looking at. "I'll join your friend in getting some down off others. Ko-Toa!" He shouted at the newcomer. "This Matoran is going to be lobbing some grenades, can you shield the Turaga, or, better yet, immobilize some Kavinika on the roofs?"

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC: Teclorus

The Fe-Matoran took a moment to acknowledge the scratching sound coming from the dip in the roof, then nodded to Tekro and Zinyn. "I really suggest you get under something then!"

He dashes out of the shelter and lights a match.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC:

Skald nodded,

"I can do both."

He quickly turned to the Turaga,

"I'm going to make a wall of ice to shield you from the blast, stay behind it."

He then proceeded to form said wall of ice. Next, Skald formed a pillar of ice to hop up on the roof and immobilized as many Kavinika as he could, blasting their legs with his powers.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

As his fellow Ice Toa began his work, Zinyn nodded to the Fe-Matoran and ran in a direction opposite the house toward which the Matoran darted. Mid-stride, he activated his mask, and on the next step, leapt for the edge of another rooftop. The Kavinika that hid there, crouching, sniffed at the air as he silently pulled himself up. Not waiting for them to figure out exactly where he was, Zinyn delivered as strong a kick as he could muster to the side of the nearest beast. The wolf rolled back into its allies, and their combined weight collapsed the section of roof on which they stood.

Unfortunately, this weakened the part of the roof Zinyn stood on and he fell down on top of the three wolves. He quickly lodged a knife in the back of one's neck, and one in the shoulder of another. As he tugged the knife out, he could feel the grinding of the gears in the Kavinika's shoulder as it's leg began to fail. A wolf sensed where he was, and pounced. Zinyn dropped a knife and threw a wild punch. It was largely ineffective, and the Rahi fell on his regardless. Zinyn grasped at the back of it's head, pulling it back by one ear while stabbing at it's underbelly with his remaining knife. When the Rahi began to relent, he shoved it off, grabbed his other knife, and ran out of the shack while he had the chance. The fourth Kavinika ran after him, a hitch in its step from a leg injury cause by the weight of three wolves and a Toa falling on him, it's companion with the wounded shoulder limping along behind them.

OOC: This district of Ta-Karda is going to be wrecked by fire and bombs, isn't it?

Edited by Zox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

He poked his head out of the open trapdoor leading to the roof where the Kavinika stood. It appeared to be watching someone approach the building and preparing to pounce.

He heard Teclorus's warning from under the roof. He needed to take shelter from the oncoming blast, but he also need to kill this hound before he reached his prey... then an idea hit his brain. Tekro hopped climbed out of the trapdoor and shouted to get the attention of the Kavinika, which immediately spun around and charged toward Tekro on the other side of the roof. At the same time, Tekro ran to reach the beast as quickly as possible. Right before the two met, Tekro jumped and forcefully slammed down with his feet as close to the Kavinika as he could. With their combined weight, the roof collapsed in that spot, bringing both the contenders with it.

You know, this could actually turn out to be the stupidest thing I've ever done, he thought as he fell.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC: Teclorus

The gunmetal grey matoran scanned the area, and it seemed like everyone was in an appropriate shelter. Teclorus met the fuse to the match and tossed the bomb. He then tears the nearest door off of it's hinges and shields himself with it.

The morning star shaped explosive flies up until it reaches about 5 feet above most rooftops, plummets three or so feet, and pops. The initial blast is strong enough to throw many Kavinika off their feet, but that's not the end of it. Small black particles fly everywhere, tearing through thin armor, exposed organic muscle, and hitting the surrounding walls and roofs with a sound similar to machine gun fire(except everywhere at once). Kavinika in the area that are directly in the blast radius are either dead from the blast or cuts in unlucky places or in extreme pain.

OOC: You guys may have gotten tiny black splinters even if you are in shelter, so factor that in.

Probably, Zox. :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC [Ta-Karda Streets]

"Keepin' ye alive, Mr. Tapio!" Novvah bellowed behind the ice mantlet, his voice rocking through the chaos. The explosion seemed rather far away, blowing up nearby Kavinika, even though there's still more of those wolf-like Rahi anxious to hop into the fray any moment. Novvah triggered his analyzing gaze, scanning through the battlefield. Vokahi had went missing through the battle, and Novvah ain't really sure whether his ally had died. Odrek, meanwhile, is still consumed in combat with a couple of Kavinika. The so-called "White Wanderer" is hopping onto a make-shift ice pillar, attempting to knock down Kavinika behind those buildings according to Novvah's request. A building to the west and another to the east both collapsed to his dismay, which he assumed caused by one or two Matoran or Toa from the inn a while ago (time seems to be running very fast and very slow simultaneously, Novvah is rather confused). The Kavinika are still pouring in from all four directions like heavy rain, making Novvah rather worried about how long they can last in this fight. It might be more wise to change their location to somewhere with better defensive potential but then, how about the civilians? If only someone can evacuate them out to somewhere safer, then the team could probably retreat to somewhere with... lesser towers and buildings.

Novvah's mind springs back into his memory, digging for the candidate. All of a sudden, he remembered that female Le-Matoran that hastily dissed the importance of the Phantoka and looked down upon his abilities. Novvah snorted, disgusted by her utter ignorance on her fellow Le-people, not carrying what is most important, not to mention that stupid personality.... He does found him convinced that she'll be the perfect person to herd those who can't fight out from the scene... and then perhaps, it'll in turn be of great benefit for the Phantoka. All things aside though, there's just one problem.

"Mr. Tapio," Novvah said, pulling the Ko-Matoran cleaner and Phantoka to-be speaker closer. "you got 'em fast feet, eh? I need you to do something. Find this female Le-Matoran that knocked on 'em inn door not long ago, tellin' us them Kavinika pourin'. She, well, coulda been in vast danger! I believe yer man of justice and courage, so I put 'dis important task upon ye shoulda. Roger that?"

Before Tapio can said anything, Novvah gave him a big shove away, and triggered his Noble Miru, soaring into the air. A few Kavinika saw the Turaga, and ran toward his position. Novvah unleashed a thin gust, rising up the snow before the wolves. He turned back at the confused Ko-Matoran cleaner and yelled loudly. "Whatcha waitin' for? Go right now!"

OOC: I was bored. :/ Sorry for the wall :P

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC: [Ta-Karda Streets]

Novvah can see the Matoran's frustration from behind, but situation is too serious for him to calm the Ko-Matoran down. There's a bunch of Kavinika to deal with right over here, and he can't be bothered to care about one Matoran. After all, the Phantoka merely seek to restore peace, but never did it promised that there's no sacrifice. Right after he called out his orders to Tapio, a debris from the explosion hit his left leg as he hovered in the air, knocking the Turaga off balance and falled back toward the ground.

OOC: Maybe Tapio can find Methroda now...

IC: Talik

The Skakdi ordered his two Brute Kikanalo ahead, and arrived at Ta-Karda. He looked at the canvas bags of pelts and meat he had collected over the past few days, and hoped to sell them. Then, he heard sounds of commotion coming from the Koro. Warily, he popped the arm blade he had and went into the Koro.

He looked around for someone, and when he found them, asked, "What is going on here?"

OOC:

Open for interaction.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Ildes (Ko-Metru)

Today, Ildes was doing his usual, standing guard over a small time shop, this one specializing in lightstones. Rahi were swarming through the city, but his obligation was to this one building, and that was an obligation that he was going to fulfill. Ildes doubted that his foes would understand, much less respond, but he would give them a fair chance nonetheless.

"Where are the arenas?", Ildes bellowed at the nearest Kavinika, drawing his club.

IC [Ta-Karda Streets]

" Thanks Mr. Odrek, and I'm alright. I'm just makin' sure Mr. Tapio went to seek that Le-Matoran," Novvah said, with gratitude in his tone as he hopped off Odrek's arms. "I ain't like her atitude, but she's still one of them Le-people who I sworn to protect. I merely pray that we've got most of the Kavinika's attention 'ver 'ere, else Mr. Tapio might have some difficulties.... " Novvah noticed the entrance of another stranger with two Kikanalo by his sides.

"Hey stranger! We need ye help! Them Kavinika pourin' like 'em rainin' season centuries ago!" Novvah shouted back in response to the Skakdi's question. "We're currently bein' surrounded by 'em canine. Maybe your Kikanalo'll be able to help break through their circlin'?"

ooc: Interaction offered, Canis.

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC: Psyzhran

Sounds of commotion drew Psyzhran's attention. Apparently, it drew his customer's attention as well, as the steltian had gone off in that direction. Putting a tarp over his cart, the animalistic Toa bounded off towards the source of the noise, eventually coming upon a group of strangers.

OOC: That would be Tapio, Novvah, Odrek, and the rest of them.

IC: Laer'dus

The steltian watches with an air of peculiarity as the Toa he encountered at the market stall bounds by him. Strange fellow, but not a very good puppet.

Once again, Laer'dus is dumbfounded by another bizarre sight. A fellow Steltian lumber by him, shouting "Where are the arenas!?" Laer'dus stops and turns to him.

"I may know of a place. There are many enemies, wolves to be exact, but they are very large wolves; Strong and tough. The audiences are are fleeting, and you may see them flee occasionally. Also, I'm afraid nobody is keeping track of whether you win or lose, but the fighting is intense..."

Edited by ~garnira returns~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

OOC: Okay, so we have a ton of fighters in Ta-Karda, and only a few in Ko-Metru. No wonder nothing is happening in there. Also, I do believe Ildes *is* in Ko-Metru, Garnira.

That had to be the most idiotic thing I've done, Zinyn thought as he threw himself into the snow. The frag explosion ripple through him, but he was protected from most of the shard by the Kavinika, who attempted to get at his neck. Who knew he'd owe one to an enemy? The two Kavinika were now half blind from the shrapnel, so Zinyn put them out of their misery with deep cuts along the back of their neck, severing their spines as completely as he could.

The approach of another Toa of Ice brought his spirits up a little bit more, as did the sensation of Ice energy flowing noticeably back into his limbs. He heard the Turaga speaking to someone, a Skakdi with two Kikanalo. As seemed to be the Turaga's usual, he was putting a whole lot of words into a simple idea. When the old Le-Turaga finished, Zinyn called out, "We're clearing out wolves."

OOC-2: I'm new to this, do we just keep fighting the Kavinika until GM says they're gone or... ?

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

OOC: This is my first one, I was honestly wondering the same thing myself =P

It seemed he hadn't landed well from the fall. He could barely move his arm without pain slicing throughout. It wasn't until he looked at his shoulder that the cause of the pain happened to be several small metal spikes, one of which had penetrated his cloak and armor into his flesh. What...? As he excruciatingly pricked it out, he noticed the Kavinika had suffered a worse fate: it had landed flat against the edge of a large rusting sheet of metal that had fallen with the wolf from the roof, nearly severing the Kavinika in half. I am getting way too lucky today, he thought. Still, with the metal protruding from its abdomen, it started crawling on its side toward Tekro, and for a moment, he felt a tinge of pity for the bleeding creature.

"You're like me," he whispered. He retrieved his knife, walked over to and bent over the dying Kavinika, and quickly slit its throat. After carefully stepping over debris, he swung open the door and stepped outside.

sig8.png

OOC: That's often how it works, yes.

After being forced to cover for the bomb, Dracax went back to attacking the Kavinika. And even as he disposed of another one with his sword, in the orange glow several gashes and scratches were clearly visible on his person, and he was limping.

He switched back to his staff to get more leverage, and swung the bladed tip in wide arcs that. He did so while activating his Kanohi Huna, fading from view to make it easier to play whack-a-Kavinika.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Odrek

Using his thermal imaging, Odrek barked out warnings to his fellow fighters. "Two hiding behind that shop! Toa of Ice, Kavinika at 3 o'clock!" All the while keeping an eye out for any that had gotten close enough to hit.

OOC: That could be any old Toa of ice he's yelling at, you decide.

Also, for this fight, feel free to put instructions and warnings into Odrek's mouth as you see fit, especially if your character has a tough time seeing in a snowstorm!

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC [Ta-Karda Streets]

Novvah snorted loudly in protest after the Toa snapped, an attempt to hide him beneath a mask. Switching his attention back to the action, Novvah summoned his power over air, while amplifying with his staff. Novvah focused, controlling most of the debris resulted from collapsed buildings through the air current (As a Turaga, he can't manage to move any of the bigger chunks). With a swing, small bricks, stones, and dust went pouring upon the Kavinika that Odrek had pointed out. Though not strong enough to knock them down, they managed to cause some damage and brought great distraction. Hopefully some Toa would then blast them down with their elemental powers while the Kavinika are occupied trying to dodge those little projectiles.

OOC: Sorry I haven't been to active.

IC: Vokahi

The toa of smoke turned the corner of a block, motioning for anyone, everyone, to enter the buildings. He paced down the city block to see the turaga he had recently befriended attempting to throw rocks at a lone Kavinika. Vokahi quickly manifested his power over smoke to make a cloud of thick smog over the lone rahi. It became confused, circling around, trying to find a way out of the fog that was surrounding it.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

He beheaded another Kavinika, revealing flames dancing around his blade. Suddenly he felt a strong weight on his back as he was pushed into the snow by another wolf knocking into him from behind.

He faded into view lying there, face down, struggling with the Kavinika.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Zinyn heard the Skakdi's call about the Kavinika and had turned to see if he could deal with them when the Skakdi shouted "Toa down!". He spun about, and saw the Kavinika standing on the back of the Fire Toa. Zinyn broke into a run, throwing himself at the large creature as its teeth descended to bite at the Toa's neck. The creature rolled off, and Zinyn tumbled after it, falling beyond it. The number of wolves seemed to be growing fewer and fewer now, and there were Rahi bodies lying all over the place. Zinyn had ended up landing on one, and he hauled himself up as the Rahi he'd tackled sprang to its feet.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

GM IC:

While the Kavinika gave the defenders trouble, a larger and more dangerous force stalked into the cities. The Frostelus, the large, hulking creatures situated somewhere between Matoran and Rahi on the intelligence scale and somewhere between Skakdi and Steltian in height, they were large, strong, and knew that right here was a powerful source of warmth - and it was warmth that they wanted. Concealed by the same snow-white furs that concealed the Kavinika, they carefully made their way into the cities, creeping in slowly and quietly like a glacier flows across a continent.

in Ta-Karda, it was the advance group that made it in first - the smaller, younger warriors, coming in behind their Kavinika packs they had sent in. In Ko-Metru, an elder of his tribe - his armour scratched and pitted, creaking with age as he moved and seemingly supported by a pair of large Kavinika - directed the attack, sending his warriors and those of other tribes in to assail the walls of the city, to try and break them down in weak areas, climb over them where it was safe, and remove the Matoran and Toa and such from the area.

When Kova turned to find Inicara still following him, and he frowned. "You know, Ini, it really isn't that safe he--" he stopped speaking, turning to see a quite large beast jumping out from an alley, four clawed arms waving menacingly in the air as it glared at him. "Yes, it definitely isn't safe here," he said, pulling out his sword. "We should probably run now."

In Ta-Karda, the besieged Methroda soon found herself aided by tongues of fire licking at the Kavinika near her, the flash of a steel blade biting into one of the Rahi's bodies letting her know - for sure - that help had arrived, in the form of the Toa she'd recruited to help her earlier. Reaching over and scooping Methroda - and her weapons - up in one arm, Maira quickly ran out from the area, shooting flames back at a few of the wolves to keep them away before running down a clear alley.

"You know," Maira growled, "You really should've gotten some help with you from wherever it was that you were last."

And in another part of Ta-Karda, where the largest group was that was defending the town from Kavinika, the Frostelus who had first called the attack stepped into the fray. As Zinyn prepared to fight the Kavinika he had just tackled, a clawed hand reached out - almost out of nowhere, though as the furs worn by the Frostelus rustled and moved its shape became more visible against the snow-covered streets and buildings - and grabbed him by the shoulder, picking him up and tossing him back to the rest of the group he'd been with without any seeming effort, while another was brought down to grab the Kavinika that had so nearly begun fighting with the Toa of Ice he'd just thrown off.

The Frostelus quickly raised its head, letting out a shrill cry that would be heard by other Frostelus nearby - those that would first repeat the call to the larger group lying out on the frozen plains, telling them for sure to come to the city, and those who would then come to his aid for this battle.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Like a towering omen of the chill winds, the cloaked Frostelus stood before him, its shrill cry like a gong in his ears. The stress proved too much for him, and he faded back into the visible spectrum, attempting to stare down the old Rahi in the biting cold. Like before, flames were drifting around his blade, but not with the same fury as before, he was weakened and battered... but he was not giving up.

OOC: Yeah, turns out I'm still here :P

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Zinyn pulled himself up from the snow, nursing the shoulder he had landed on. Frostelus! What in the names of Karzahni, Artakha, and Mata Nui were Frostelus doing this close to Ta-Karda? This was not an enemy he could help with, not de-powered, anyway. Zinyn activated his Volitak and assumed a crouching position, placing his hands on the snow and ice covered ground.

"Skakdi," he said, just loud enough to be heard by the group near him, "I'm recharging my powers. There's another of your kind coming up behind us with two Kikanalo." He kept his eyes on the Frostelus ahead of him, and began to concentrate on absorbing the Cold, the Ice, beneath his hands.

OOC: Canis, I think Mj. Spoilers could use your help!

~~-BS01 Histories-~~