Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC: Odrek - Icicle Inn

The door slipped out of his flimsy grip in the wind, causing it to bang open. He quickly shut up. Several heads looked up at him. Good, he needed some attention.

As he made his way toward the bar, he slapped a piece of paper on the wall. It was hand-written, but legit.

Tired of the cold? So is everybody else.

Want to do something about it? Odrek has a job for you.

Capable hands and investment needed:

Engineers, Toa of Earth, Stone, Iron and diggers/miners are essential.

Toa of Water and Fire, and funds would be appreciated.

Payment will come from the profits of the finished product.

People will thank you when Ta-Karda's first indoor Hot Spring opens up.

As will your wallet when you become a stock owner for OdNai Thermal Heating Co. (Patent pending)

Odrek can be found at 13 Fireside St. or the Icicle Inn. The entry room is open, but ring the bell first. For the house, not the inn.

That done, the Skakdi stood by the bar and waved the tender over.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC [icicle Inn]: "What you two barely fail to understand, is that I can put on a good fight. Yes, I can't go in all melee, I agree. But I do know how to aim my daggers with proper accuracy. After all, I managed to travel all the way here from my Koro. The sight ain't pretty." Novvah said with a dark tone, a very different person from that jolly fool half a minute ago. As a demonstration of agility, a dagger was drawn out from seemingly thin air, in lightning speed, penetrated into the wooden wall right behind to the Toa of Fire, a few inches close to his mask. " I have enough money to pay you, Matoran. I have a village of loyal Matoran that I ought to protect, and I am quite aware that I might even save more people than you ever did, Toa of Fire. You know what, forget about the offer. I pray to the Great Beings that the winter snow does not devour you two alive. I suppose I shall step my foot back into the snow again then... and seek for the better. Do keep in mind though; I heard about them news and talks about wild Rahi roaming around near cities. May you two young ignorant people survive."

With a dark chuckle that sounds like a scream of Muaka cats, Novvah turned away from the two and walked toward another corner of the bar, knowing that there must be eventually a man worthy for his ambition. Toying with his pouches of widgets, he draws out a few and ordered a drink. He's got time.

OOC: open for interaction, of course. I do realize there's not a lot of Icicle Inn people... On the other hand, how long would it take to travel to different places?

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda] - [The Icicle Inn]

"So..." Methroda said, giving an uncomfortable chuckle and almost forcing a smile. She hadn't meant to offend the turaga that much, but she supposed whatever. "That happened."

With a shrug, she turned back to Maira and asked, "I take it from your words that you're in, though?"

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: I'd like people to have a healthy respect for the distance between the two cities and for the conditions along the route they would travel - it'd certainly take at least a few posts. Also: Like what you see so far, B6? =P

IC:

Quickness meant nothing if one's intentions were shown as soon as their first twitch was made - something Maira had learned quite well as a Toa. As such, he didn't even flinch when the dagger flew over and landed in the wall by his face - he could tell the Turaga wasn't going to hit him, so he wasn't worried at all. He simply scowled at the Turaga of Air as he walked on by, reaching up and pulling the dagger out of the wall - tossing it about two or three inches away from the Turaga's feet as he walked away. "Yeah, I'm willing to help you out. So long as you're willing to help me with something in return."

The bartender, meanwhile, gave Maira a glass of whisky in return for a few widgets, while he went off to help with the other two near the bar - aside from all the others inside, that was.

Kova smiled slightly at Inicara's words. It was nice to see somebody who retained a sense of humour on the cold, energy- and strength-sapping island. "I suppose, then, I'll probably suffer more from you by the time the night is done?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Laer'dus

The Steltian begins to pace. "pacing..." He, once again, thinks out loud "Helps me think, but more importantly, fuels my kinetic energy converter..."

Where is Kova? For such a distressed leader, he certainly isn't prompt. Pausing as if he reached a conclusion, Laer'dus stops pacing. Perhaps he isn't distressed! I wonder where he is now...

A few council members arrive early and Laer'dus greets them. The guards then open the doors to the main hall and all of the early arrivals (including Laer'dus) enter.

OOC:

I have a slight curiosity that was never truly explained in the OP. When and where exactly is this set? Is it in the MU? is it somewhere in the ocean that was Aqua Magna (after the reformation)? Is it just out on Aqua Magna before the events in Karda-Nui?

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC (Salah, Ta-Karda, Icicle Inn)

In the back of the inn, as out of sight as someone of his size and bulk could be, Salah was crouched over some parchment, tapping his quill on the table absentmindedly. This inn was nice enough, built as it was on the backs of the disenfranchised and oppressed, but he kept a nervous eye on the exits nonetheless. He liked crowds, liked large groups; they were easier to hide in. Despite all his minor worries, what filled his thoughts right now was how to continue his latest letter. Fighting with a blade against the bringers of this icy hades was folly for the moment. He smiled slightly, but they had learned that Salah El’Ain was just as deadly with ink and feather. He eyed what he had written so far:

“It is time we had a chat, you and I. I have written much in these past months, written of the injustices and conspiracy upon which our world is built, written of the need to tear down those ancient walls, of the need to storm the gates of tyranny, of the fire that exists in each and every one of us. Let us now turn our eyes to the truths of this world, the logic behind my words. Look out into the frozen wastelands beyond your furnaces and fires, look at who has gained from them and look at who suffers because of them. It is fairly easy to do. Who has gained more power than ever because of this seemingly endless winter? Who has become more wealthy and fat than ever before in history? The Ko-Matoran, the Ko-Toa, the Ko-Turaga, they have gained from this, they have grown fat and wealthy. Who then, suffers because of it? All of us, my dear reader, those of the elemental ice have built an empire of lies and deception, an empire built on our bleeding backs….”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"Ooh, a catch. Well then, name your price." she replied. Any attempts she was making to restrain her glee were gone, and she was openly smiling at this turn of events. Hopefully, his request was nothing too off-the-wall...

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC [icicle Inn]: Novvah was not happy that he let his true self slipped out a bit. After all, they're just tools for him for his political ambition... too bad that his status as a Turaga doesn't really sell out all convincing. The Phantoka, his people, rely upon his shoulders, and it won't be wise to allow possible hindrance to know him well. He's got a group of well-trained Le-Matoran by his sides, but he need much more in order to pursue his goals. Allowing people to see through him won't be a good idea. The failure of persuasion does got him thinking, however, as he allow his mind to flow.

Novvah doubted the possibility of disposing all Ko-people completely, but he is not afraid to stir up something to restore balance. He doesn't wish to be a king or a conqueror, not does he wish to purge those of the Ice. He just want to show those ignorant Icy-Heads what many years of discrimination and social injustice against other races can lead to. It is all done according to the wish of a better world, a world of equivalent rights. He doesn't wish for any chaos... but sometimes chaos is required to achieve justice. While other anti-Ko activists or revolutionaries may have a different goal, but Novvah knows he's got no choice. He need more people. After all the failed approaches trying to persuade people peacefully to join his political petition, Novvah concluded that he might just have to try a different attempt to this matter. Thank the Great Spirit that he's got quite a wealthy widget saving.

It may be just the perfect time to start a rebellion.

​OOC: Any revolutionary here? Let's stir up some mess.

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC (Salah, Icicle Inn)

“Ah!” Salah smiled as the next part of his letter came to him. He would have to move soon, he knew that, it was only a matter of time before they found him again. Thankfully, he’d gotten quite good at running.

“Let us apply some more logic then, my faithful readers. These tyrants knew that they could not hope to take our dear island by force, they knew that they could not hope to stand against the mighty strength of the people, against the combined forces of all creeds and tribes. So these cunning rakes took by trickery that which they could not win by force of arms. Through some dreadful device or dark power they forced an endless winter upon this land, knowing that they could play the hero, the savior, thinking so little of our intellects that they dreamed this state of affairs would persist evermore. That is where they made their mistake dear reader, for we, the people, are not deaf, dumb or blind. We know that they have tricked us. We know what they have done….”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"It's simple, really. I just need you to help me get on my feet outside of Ta-Karda." Maira smiled, slightly...grimly. "And make sure to help me out if you're able whenever I ask for it, and I'll make sure to do the same for you."

Kova, now sitting at the table, rolled his eyes, as a waiter come over. "I'd like a cup of hot chocolate, please," he said, quietly. "And I'll be paying for whatever my friend here orders, as well." Hot chocolate...it was one of those products that had gone up in cost, recently, as the cacao plant was rather susceptible to changes in climate, and not many of the indoor farms could handle growing it anymore. That was another thing that needed working on, the heating system, both down in Ta-Karda and up in Ko-Metru...Kova shook his head. He was trying to keep people alive, and it was getting harder and more costly with every month that went by.

profiles i guess

"Wasn't that already sort of implied? One doesn't make it long out in the wastes on their own, else I'd already be out there." she replied.

She stopped a moment to think, before saying, "Yeah, we have a deal. Though that's really only the first step. We'd be a lot safer and a lot happier with at least one other person to watch out. You being a toa might be a huge asset, but... well, having more eyes is always better."

IC:

"Of course, a third person would be useful...But when I say 'get me on my feet,' I don't just mean for this little quest of yours. I mean so that I don't ever have to come back to Ta-Karda," Maira growled. "I'm tired of this place, but at the same time I've got little ability to live outside of it. That's what I'd need your help for."

profiles i guess

"I'm not quite sure if I understand. Ta-Karda is hardly a great place to live, but it's still got folks and..."

She stopped herself, and said, "You know, your motivations, that's on you. Whatever your reason is for wanting to get away, I can help you. Though let me tell you now, it won't be easy."

OOC: Lewa, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep OOC-only posts in the RPG's discussion topic, rather than clogging up this one. Please and thank you. <3

IC:

The waiter nodded at the pair, before walking off to go retrieve the drinks. Kova, meanwhile, turned back to the girl sitting just across from him, lacing his fingers together and resting his chin upon them. Elbows up on the table, but, well, he wasn't eating yet; it was okay.

"So, Ini, just where is it you're planning to go, if you don't want to stay in Ko-Metru?"

"It's not easy staying here, either," the Toa of Fire replied to Methroda. "But thank you."

profiles i guess

OOC: Depends on how the interaction goes I suppose

IC (Salah)

Salah rose from his seat, brushing the parchment and various other objects on the table into his great fur coat. He could not linger here any longer, no, he would need to move once more. He would spread his words to every corner of the island. From ever street he would preach the truth, he would nail his letters to every wall, he would fight whoever he had to….until the island was free. This was the life he had chosen for himself and he did not, for one moment, regret it.

Slowly, he began to maneuver his hulking form through the crowd.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Inicara

"I don't know." I admitted. "I mean, besides here and Ta-Karda there isn't really anywhere to go on this frozen ice cube, though I was thinking of exploring the rest of the island, I mean who knows what's out there. Maybe I'll find tribe of yeti."

Kova was looking at me funny. "I've heard stories okay! They could be real."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Perhaps you'll find a tribe of Frostelus, a pack of Kavinika, or a couple annoyed Frost Beetles first," Kova replied, frowning. "And as I said earlier, I'd rather not lose anybody else to the wastes outside, nor would I wish to have to conduct yet another burial." The Toa of Ice sighed. "I do hope you'll be careful if you do leave."

profiles i guess

IC: Odrek

When the tender came to him, all Odrek ordered was hot water. His wits were sharp for a Skakdi, and he wasn't about to dull them with liquor. That, and water was cheap and one of the best thirst quenchers. With his current project, he had to economize.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

"You worry too much, of course I'll be safe! The cold doesn't bother me any, it does what I tell it too." I said rather proudly.

"And you know...if you're so worried about me..." I twiddled my thumbs under the table, maybe you could come with?"

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"You know I can't do that, Inicara," the Toa of Ice said, more quietly than usual. "There's too much happening now for me to do so...I might be able to stay with you to travel down to Ta-Karda, if you start off that way, but with how things are..." Kova raised his hands, palm-up, in a gesture of helplessness. "I can't just leave indefinitely."

profiles i guess

I had been expecting that answer, it still hurt to hear it though. I sighed. "I figured..."

"I've never been to Ta-Karda." My parents barely let me leave the house much less go down my own block when I was younger. Being cooped up in there had made me rather thirsty for new scenery.

Speaking of thirsty, I wondered where the hot chocolate was.

IC:

Just as Kova and Inicara began wondering where the hot chocolate was, the waiter arrived again with the two beverages. Noticing rather easily that neither Kova nor Inicara were ready to order, the waiter headed off again, to take care of a few other patrons in the place. Kova, meanwhile, after taking a sip of his hot chocolate, resumed his conversation with Inicara.

"Well, Ini, as I said - I could go with you as far as Ta-Karda, though I could go no farther." He hesitated, slightly, before letting out his next few words - in a voice that was somehow quieter still than how he had spoken just a little bit ago.

"We could go alone, if you'd like."

profiles i guess

IC:

Kova smiled at Inicara's quick outburst. "It's settled, then," he said, returning to a more normal tone of voice. "We'll travel to Ta-Karda, together; I've been needing to make a trip down that way, anyways." Looking over towards the waiter, and then back down towards his menu, the Toa of Ice pursed his lips.

"So, have you thought particularly much about what you want to eat?"

profiles i guess

IC:

Kova nodded, looking down at the menu. He already knew what he planned to get - steak and eggs - but now he figured he'd look through and try to find something Ini would find palatable.

"Well, they have a venison and vegetable soup," he said, shrugging. "Doesn't look too bad."

profiles i guess

"Alright then." she said, looking about the inn. "That settles in our plan of action. Head south, grab the goods. I can show you most of the tricks of the trade on the way. A Ko-Matoran would probably be a better teacher, than I, but... well, I get the feeling you wouldn't be much up to that sort of tutelage. Not to make any assumptions."

"I don't suppose you have any names for people we could convince to join us?"

OOC: Anyone else out there wanting to explore beyond the city limits?

The Skakdi's eyes fell on an unlikely due of a Toa of Fire and a Matoran of Air. The former could be a useful addition to his team, though not a vital one... He would wait until he'd found more essential members before looking for supporting ones. The Matoran reminded him of the possibility of a cave-in, however, and the fact that he would need a Toa of Air to keep them oxygenated to work themselves free. A very real possibility. He had to make some revisions to his flyer.

He also realized he hadn't put his appearance on the paper. Anybody looking for him here would have to ask around to find him...

OOC: Nope, nobody here.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Kova nodded, looking up and waving the waiter over - normally he wouldn't want to do such a thing (most considered it impolite), but as things were relatively slow at this time of day, he doubted anybody would care much. Quickly giving the orders - steak and eggs, eggs over easy, ribeye steak medium rare, and a nice large bowl of the venison soup - Kova sat back contentedly, relatively comfortable in the warm building.

"So, Ini, how have things been with you?" he asked, just to make conversation. "Other than restless."

"Not sure," Maira said, shrugging. "The last person I knew of who'd be willing to come along with us died a while ago...and I wouldn't have wanted to bring him along as it was."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

"You know, you remind me of this one guy I met back when I was a carriage driver." she said. "He was an older fellow, one of them Primes I think. Didn't talk very much, but when he did, his voice was a lot like yours - the tone more than the actual sound, of course. Used to be a soldier, and once I got him talking, all of his stories seemed sad. Not to pry, but it seems like you have more than your share of sad stories."

OOC: Oops, sorry, my bad.

IC: Noticing the Skakdi posting the flyer, Novvah approached the big fellow from behind.

"Looking for someone to help run your business, oh mighty Skakdi? I got an offer for you: I got a handful of widgets back from my village that you can probably use for a period of time." the Turaga of Air said, with a carefree voice. "But, there's a problem; the village is by the foot of them mountain ranges of Ko-Metru. If you can take me there, and stop at The Senate House for a few hours for my, erm, peaceful petition, I'll provide you the payment you need."

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC: Laer'dus

The meeting commences and no sign of Kova. (one of the council members sends a messenger to find Toa Kova, but he isn't at his dwelling.)

Ideas are tossed around, but little conclusions are drawn. I might as well keep my ideas to myself. Laer'dus thinks to himself... Nothing will become of this meeting unless Kova shows up.

OOC:

I'm pretty much talking to myself at this point. :(

Nobody but Otter and Yoko are with the Ko-Matoran Government, and they are off in their own sidestory. I suppose I'll create a new character to get in on the action at the Icicle Inn. :P

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

"No, not really." he replied. "I'm quite fond of rahi - true rahi, and not those creatures such as Frostelus. But there's more to it."

"It's just not natural for us. See, our species can all survive on plant life alone. The Vuata Maca and similar fare, those are all one needs to survive. I've even heard rumors that in Metru-Nui, work was done on a way to draw energy without even expending fruits and the like. When that's the way things are, it's obvious that Mata-Nui doesn't plan to hunt these creatures. It's stuff like this that keeps the island cold."

IC: Rezha (The Senate House)

"Don't go waking philosophical on me, mr." I retorted with a glare. I'd never had much use for that kind of thing, and wasn't about to start now.

"I like the taste of meat, and I can assure you it bloody well feels natural enough to me" I continued as I stood up.

"So, then. Be a good boy and eat your veggies, and maybe mommy won't ground you. I'm out"

I turned on my three-toed heel, and set my clawed feet in motion towards the exit.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Xaron

Man, the cold was really getting to me now. I shouldn't be walking round as much as I have been. It doesn't matter though. I had gotten to the Senate House, which was heated unlike my apartment (Seriously, did the heater freeze in my apartment?). I stepped inside, and almost immediately ran into a Skadki that was clearly angry. Uh-oh.

OOC: That would be you, Geardirector/Dr. O.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: Hey, no problem.

He turned around to face the Turaga of Air behind him, softening his face as much as he could to avoid scaring anyone. An investment? Excellent, he could use one. Unfortunately, the conditions...

He sighed when the Turaga finished. "I am more than willing to go that far, but I'm afraid that until I've gotten all the essentials, I can't leave Ta-Karda."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC [icicle Inn]:

"Ain't a problem, stranger, I hope you wouldn't mind havin' ole geezer stickin' with ya in this inn, while waitin' for your "essentials". People ain't much friendly around here, y'know." the Turaga paused, taking a sip while shooting the two he talked to a few minutes ago a look of sympathy, as if those two have become brain-less monkeys that required much medical care. "These people are way too foolish or ignorant to understand this dire situation of imbalance, nor do they care about the discrimination roaming around the valley of this long long winter."

The Skakdi may simply be an average man, trying to make a living, but Novvah can feel that he's not a fan of this winter. Sticking with him for now won't be a nasty idea, and who knows, he might just be able to see a few Toa of Fire who had a thing against those Ko-people attracted to the Skakdi's offer. By then, he'll be able to tell them of the importance of the Phantoka.

"Allow me to introduce myself first, Mr. Skakdi. My name is Turaga Novvah, and I'm the leader of the Phantoka. I've traveled this afar to preach them truths about injustice."