Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC:

"Veruus couldn't take the cold," was Maira's simple reply, tossing out the name of the island's old Turaga - one that Methroda would know well. He looked out over the crowd, taking in the appearances of the various people around, and reading their body language and what-not...one person that stood out to him was a large, upper-class Steltian, clad in furs, that was currently trying to make his way outside.

"How about the furball over there?" he asked Methroda, pointing to Salah. "He looks like he wants to get out just as much as we do."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

[iC - Getedor] - [Ko-Metru] - [The Senate House]

Getedor was about to make a move, but decided against it. Instead, he sat silently at his chair as the Skakdi left, sighing. Nobody out there would listen to him. He signalled the waiter over, and ordered a bowl of vegetable soup to keep him warm.

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda] - [The Icicle Inn]

"Perhaps... strange, I didn't seem him in here before. The big ones are usually the easiest to spot when they enter. Oh, whatever, let's at least check him out."

She got up out of her chair, and started moving towards Salah, intending to stop him for discussion. As she did so, she thought on what Maira said. Veruus. If he was friends with Veruus, that meant he must have been something of a big deal before the island froze over. "Tough break..."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC (Salah)

Salah suddenly found his path blocked by a female Le-Matoran. Well, not blocked, but he'd learned at a young age that trampling someone was considered bad manners at the very least. Allowing a friendly grin to stretch across his face he lowered his head to regard her. "Salutations, ah, is there anything I can assist you with? Or are you merely trying to make your way to the bar?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"As a matter of fact, there might be. You look like the type who would perfect for helping someone like me, and my companion there, with a certain job... nothing big, nothing criminal. Just some stretching of legs."

As she said it, she made sure to keep a pleasant tone and smile (the later was just natural; the former was only a little forced - for emphasis). She wasn't sure if a steltian would be as useful as a toa, but he would be worth at least two other matoran. More, if he was already wilderness savvy.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC (Salah)

The hulking Steltian suddenly looked very interested. Traveling with a group was preferable to trying to brave the wilderness alone, more so if this group had experience with the wilderness. "That, my newest friend, is exactly what I was hoping to hear today."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"Well then, welcome to the group... and that makes three."

She turned to Maira and began to speak, continuing to look around the inn as she did for anyone else she might have missed. "That's probably enough to get past anything we run into... but more hands are always better, if we can get them."

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Inicara

"Pretty dull really, my parents are never home and I never have anything to do." Besides shirk my combat training, but I didn't mention that. "That's why I decided to go on an adventure."

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Odrek

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," the Skakdi said, holding his hand out. "You may call me Odrek." He glanced at his paper. "Please, excuse me for a moment." He got up and pulled out a pen to make a few quick adjustments to his flyer. It now read:

Tired of the cold? So is everybody else.

Want to do something about it? Odrek has a job for you.

Capable hands and investment needed:

Engineers, Toa of Earth, Stone, Iron and diggers/miners are essential.

Toa of Water and Fire, and funds would be appreciated. And Toa of Air.

Payment will come from the profits of the finished product.

People will thank you when Ta-Karda's first indoor Hot Spring opens up.

As will your wallet when you become a stock owner for OdNai GeoThermal Heating Co. (Patent pending)

Odrek can be found at 13 Fireside St. or the Icicle Inn. The entry room is open, but ring the bell first. For the house, not the inn. Look for an Orange and Black Skakdi.

Satisfied, he sat back down. "I'm not sure if 'truths' are what the people need to hear around here. The last five hundred years have plunged nearly all of us into a state of learned helplessness that will likely take more than the word of even a Turaga to overturn."

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"Then I suppose we ought to find some equipment and get ready to leave, shouldn't we?"

Kova nodded at Inicara's words, before providing an alternate suggestion. "You know, you could always help out with the governing of the island. Or, y'know, ask before you break down my door. I assure you, I'd be much more social with you if you'd do that."

profiles i guess

"Yes... I've got some extra supplies at my place. You guys should probably come with. Otherwise, I suppose you can just wait here and I'll be back in a moment."

IC: Tekronos (Tekro)

Tekro strolled -- or rather, slid -- down the icy street toward the Icicle Inn. Even after so many years, he had never adjusted to the frozen ground, and his newly stuffed backpack wasn't helping. The bag was nearly as big has he was, and a handful of nearby matoran may have chuckled as Tekro stumbled through the doorway. He normally performed his business of selling his homemade thermal cloth in Ko-metru, but the best source for the cloth's materials were manufactured by a small pocket of fellow Su-matoran located in Ta-karda. A few years ago, he made trips nearly every month, but business has slowly grounded to a near complete halt. He pays a visit only twice a year now.

Tekro heaved an audible sigh of relief as he soaked in the heat inside the inn. He slid the straps off his shoulders and started toward the bar when he remembered that he was out of money to pay for any food with. It was a reality for a few hours now, but the realization just dawned: the trip broke him. He had used his last widget for his stay with the Su-Matoran.

Hmm...

Maybe people in Ta-Karda are looking for some quality thermal cloth?

He turned around to scout for potential customers when he saw a few tall figures and a Le-matoran standing near the. One of the taller figures, a Toa of fire -- how unusual -- just said something about needing equipment for their trip. Some sort of... adventure, maybe? An ache awoke within him that he hadn't felt for a long time. But for now, he needed to eat. And to eat, sell.

He noticed the group was preparing to leave. He eyed the Toa of fire and waved. "Are you guys gonna be warm enough out there?"

OOC: Mind if I drop in on you guys?

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

It was a very tempting offer, one that I wasn't sure I could refuse. Though I did have a few reservations. "I'm not sure if I'm cut out to be a politician...though I like the idea of spending more time around you."

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"..." Kova pursed his lips, looking over at Inicara. This was the reason he didn't make jokes. "Well, you wouldn't necessarily have to sit at a desk all day. You could still spend most of that time with me. I'll just need you to help organize things." And close to me so I can watch you and make sure you don't break my locks, the Toa of Ice thought - though he didn't give life to that statement.

profiles i guess

IC: Xaron

Man, the cold was really getting to me now. I shouldn't be walking round as much as I have been. It doesn't matter though. I had gotten to the Senate House, which was heated unlike my apartment (Seriously, did the heater freeze in my apartment?). I stepped inside, and almost immediately ran into a Skadki that was clearly angry. Uh-oh.

OOC: That would be you, Geardirector/Dr. O.

IC: Rezha (The Senate House)

"Watch it next time, or else"

This sentence was spoken even as I removed my claws from where they'd been wedged against the Matoran's throat. I paid him no further heed as I walked outside. I'd been around other people long enough, I needed some privacy.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC {Icicle Inn}:

"Well, that's why I'm right 'ere, far many miles away from me home, Mr. Odrek. There's far more that was needed to be done in order to restore the old days, I knew that, but I feel that it's a duty for me to speak for my people, what was required to give a change. The Phantoka is more than willing to recruit worthy men to be messengers of our campaign, but so far not many have been interested. Foolish, isn't it... if we THINK like caged Gukko birds, then we will BE that caged Gukko birds. Y'know, the mind is much much more powerful than many can think of... it ain't about how strong them Ko-people are, it's about how strong we are, when it comes to protectin' them equivalent rights. The Phantoka aims out to speak for us Spirits of the Air, that's true, but that never meant we don't seek balance of rights and social status for all other races."

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC:

I gulped. That...really scared me. There's no reason to be scared, I told myself. He let you go. But, I retorted, he could have killed me. Very true, I agreed, but why kill you because you just bumped into him.

This is getting silly, I should stop. i kept walking into the senate house, and looked around. I mainly did that to warm up. It's cold outside, you know?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

Kova smiled back. It was nice, to be able to get out and relax like this. After a moment, though, he perked up, slightly.

"Oh, Inicara, before I forget, I've got something I need to do. You need to close your eyes and lean forwards a bit first, though."

profiles i guess

My heart skipped a beat. I did what Kova asked without hesitation, closing my eyes and leaning forward. Was he really about to do what I thought he was? I hoped so. I felt my cheeks getting hot just thinking about it!

IC:

Kova smiled. Good, it was working so far. He very quietly - and quickly - got out of his chair, taking one large step to get around the table and behind Inicara - all making the least noise possible, and not touching her. He felt cruel for what he was about to do, but, well, Inicara had played enough jokes on him he might play a small one on her.

Reaching his hands out, he poked her in her now easily gotten to and unprotected sides. He knew she was ticklish.

profiles i guess

IC: Xaron

I heard a very loud squeal inside the Senate House. That...was unusual, to say the least. I ignored it, and kept enjoying the heat. I was going to have to talk to the apartment owner about the heater. I payed good money for that heat. Not much. Just an average amount.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

Kova smiled, reaching his arms down and being thankful for the fact that, situated as they were back in a darker corner of the restaurant, the sound Inicara made wouldn't travel far, as he hugged the girl. After a moment of slight hesitation, he leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Might as well be nice once in a while.

profiles i guess

My face was beet red, especially after he kissed my cheek. I sat there looking all hot and bothered for a moment. "That was meannnnnn...." I whined, ending with a pout. I really had been looking forward to that kiss.

IC:

Kova gave a 'cute' smile of his own, though it looked more mischievous than anything else.

"Well, I hope that influences you to choose to stay. You'll definitely get what you want if you do," he said quietly, moving back to his chair and sitting down.

profiles i guess

OOC: I'm launching a new character now thought I'd do everyone here the justice of giving you a spoiler with his profile in it.

Name: Teclorus
Species and Gender: male, Matoran of Iron
Appearance: A well built gunmetal grey and burnt orange matoran with a mechanical claw instead of a lower right arm. His armor is scarred and rusted as if it's been through a few battles and a year of disrepair.(armor is rusted due to almost constant exposure to moisture, scars are from... well, just what they look like.) His mechanical claw emanates a neon green light and has a caution tape-esque pattern along parts of it. Otherwise, it's bronze and silvery. His mask has a prominent scar running over the left eye. His left eye is a faded greyish-green. His right eye however, is a shocking bright neon green (same color as his claw glows.)
Kanohi: Gunmetal grey Noble Kakama. (Photok's version)
Weapons: Elemental enhancement glove. (It's the claw thing). Basically gives him access to his locked elemental abilities. This is still limited, and is nowhere near the power of a Toa's, but it still makes him formidable. As well as that, he carries a small retractable blade and a package of shrapnel bombs (and matches to light them).
Gear: some small ice picks for climbing and cutting. a heavy coat with pockets to store all of his stuff.
Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Well,he has limited control over iron, he is pretty strong for a matoran, and is trained in various "martial arts" of the matoran universe. As per Otter's request, the specifics of "limited iron power" are that he can manipulate armor through direct contact, can detect veins of iron hidden or underground, and mold iron into shapes.
Personality: He tends to be rather hopeful. In his opinion, if something good can happen, it will eventually. He has a certain hate for the current situation, and is radically in support of anyone who challenges the status quo. However, he has an underlying depression that has a tendency of showing itself in the worst of times.
Weaknesses: First of all, he is a Matoran, and can let his courage get ahead of himself. This often gets him into predicaments that he can't get out of because of his size and lack of full elemental abilities.
Biography: Teclorus has lived on the island for as long as he can remember. Before the coming of winter, he lived a simple, happy life working at the smelter and on a Vuata Maca farm. The work was hard, but he was paid well and enjoyed himself both at work and on break. When winter struck, the tropical Vuata Maca trees couldn't make it in the cold weather, and didn't grow indoors, so the farm closed. Not too long after, the smeltery, which used power from the Vuata Maca fruits, was shut down from lack of power. Teclorus was devastated; everything he had ever worked on was gone within a year. Depressed and unemployed, Teclorus needed someone to blame for his misfortune, and a reason to live for. When Ko-matoran began exploiting the Ta-Kardans, Teclorus found his scapegoats. He decided that the wintery conditions MUST have been their fault! Teclorus decided he was going to start a revolution. It started with a neighborhood meeting in his section of Ta-Karda. Teclorus explained that the Ko-Matoran were benefiting way too much off of the other groups' misery and seeing as many others had similar doubts, that rallied with him. after a year or two of preaching and spreading the word, he led a riot on the Administrative Palace. Unfortunately for Teclorus, his little revolution was short lived seeing as the rioters were predominantly matoran. Teclorus was put on trial and ended up being banished from Ko-Metru.(this states that if he is found anywhere within city limits, he will be apprehended, and can be killed if necessary.) In the following years, he's supported whatever little revolts brew up and has done his best to help the people of Ta-Karda.(within this time frame, his elemental enhancement glove came into his possession) Currently, he expects the government to simply allow Ta-Karda to be attacked head on by the Frostelus.

Ok, now, back to the RPG

IC: Teclorus {outside the icicle inn}

*The metallic grey and orange matoran bursts in without closing the door(lets it shut itself.), after receiving a stern look from the bartender, he decides to sit down and order a drink.

-at this point everyone gets a genuine chill

OOC: If you are at the Icicle in, you probably aren't too terribly happy with Teclorus at this point. He's kind of a regular at the inn, but you may or may not know him. Tekro, this is probably a good time to offer some of those jackets! XD

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC: Vokahi

He was cold. To cold for words, though he hadn't minded it. He had grown used to the cold, and it had grown as neutral to him as the sun had in the past. He walked forward. After some time's work, he needed a drink. He opened a small bag of widgets, and counted them out. Yes, he had enough. Tonight, he would dine at the Icicle Inn.

Being a man of meager means, this meant a lot to him, for it was not only his one night a week that he was able to dine in comfort, but his connection to the political side of the island, for normally only rich men stayed at the inn.

After a some time he had reach the place, and entered it's warmth.

OOC: Vokahi open for interaction.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

He noticed the group was preparing to leave. He eyed the Toa of fire and waved. "Are you guys gonna be warm enough out there?"

"Well of course! You'd have to be pretty daft to go out there if you weren't." Methroda replied with a grin, cutting in before Maira could respond. As Teclorous came barreling through the door, she watched him move up to the bar and asked, "What's got him in a twist?"

OOC: Ah finally, a shady customer! =P

IC: Tekro

Tekro was about to answer Methroda when a matoran burst through the door. He was a bit shady and a tad angry, and he made Tekros more than slightly nervous. He finished a prayer in hope of the newcomer not sitting next to him on the bar. Which he did. 2 seats down, but it was close enough.

Tekro's eyes nervously skirted between the counter in front of his lowered face and the new customer. Talking to strangers wasn't his favorite pastime, but this guy just gave Tekro shivers.
I should get out of here, he thought. I should get home. I should be anywhere but here. Tekros tensed and grabbed the strap of his backpack as he prepared to make his way out. He couldn't believe what he did next.

He blurted out, almost shouting, "Would you like some clothing thermal?"

Clothing thermal?

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC (Salah)

Salah merely pulled his coat a bit tighter. "Probably in a panic over the Rahi. I've heard some rumors about them acting up lately. Well, more then they normally do."

"Maybe. I'd like to see some of this rahi trouble for myself, personally. Most of the beasties go down pretty fast when exposed to something I like to call 'mace to the face'. Or 'bolt to the face', which is frankly far more efficient but I find lacks a certain charm."

After giving one final glance around the bar, she said, "Well, I'm out. I'll grab some stuff from my place and then be off to the Southern Gates. My offer to grab something of your own still, stands, of course, if you'd rather come along."

She turned and was about to walk about, but then turned around and asked, "Say, I never got either of your names... it's Methroda, by the way."

IC: Odrek - Icicle Inn

The Skakdi downed half of his water in one gulp. He smiled as he felt the warmth spread through his chest. "That sounds like a worthwhile cause," he said to the Turaga. "If you can help me get this company off the ground, then you'll have my income to back your endeavors." His eyes flicked to the Matoran of Iron who'd made just as loud an entrance as he had. If only it had been a Toa...

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Tekros

Tekro jaw hung open for several seconds after his spurt until he thought about how idiotic he must look. The new matoran must have been weighed down with his own concerns at the moment; he didn't seem to notice Tekro's episode. When he halfway regained his bearings, he noticed that the Le-matoran had asked him a question.

"Huh? Oh, I, uh... I'm Tekros." He gave a nervous smile toward Methroda. "And, um, what may I call you, if you'd allow me that honor?"

sig8.png

IC (Salah)

"Salah El'Ain. A pleasure." He kept the smile on his face, it seemed to more or less be his natural form of expression, at least in this setting. "I believe I'll be coming with you as well. I don't wish to tarry."