Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC: Tekros

He nodded toward Mairu and Salah. "The pleasure is mine." He remembered the thermal cloth. "So, uh, before you go... where are you all heading out to? I'm selling some excellent thermal clothing, and, well, I have, er... I got... " There he goes again. He paused a moment and continued. "I have a rather wide selection that I'm positive that would fit every one of you. You wouldn't regret it." He found his confident smile again, for the moment being.

sig8.png

IC: [icicle Inn]

"Why, that shall be extremely, extremely helpful, Mr. Odrek. I suppose I'll aid with your recruitment for a while, for the better good of the Phantoka and my fellow Spirits of the Air." The Turaga exclaimed with half-made up joy. He doesn't really have any choice at the moment. First thing's first. Gotta get an access to resources before persuading them to join in his path of ambition. When Toa come in for the business, Novvah figured he'll have better access toward possible Phantoka additions.

"Mr. Odrek, please consider me as your ally for the time being. I'll give you a hand on yer searchin' of 'em essentials." Novvah passionately shook the Skakdi's hand, even though he didn't really reach them out. Just at this moment, a Toa-like figure entered the inn, a Toa of an unknown element that Novvah had never seen in his entire career as a Toa (after all, being in a Toa team with three other Toa of AIr and two Toa of Plantlife) or a Turaga. But then again, a Toa is still a Toa, no matter whatever element bolt his hands can shoot or whatever Kanohi he can trigger. And the Phantoka needs someone like this.

"How about this nice Toa-lookin' fellow, Mr. Odrek? He seems useful."

OOC: Interaction offered to Vokahi. Let's get a business (pronounced: rebellious-political-ambition) started! :P

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC: Teclorus

"Me? twist? Why I don't know! I just assumed you all had gotten to like the weather and figured that I'd 'spread the love'!" *that was all sarcasm* He pauses, then looks up at Tekro "At least somebody is trying to do something about it!" *that wasn't*

OOC:Sorry that I'm slow to reply. Took a shower.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda] - [The Icicle Inn]

"Right then, we'd best get a move on. Perhaps we'll meet a fourth man on the way." she said with a nod to the two companions. She gave one last glance to the salesman on the way out, saying, "Sorry guy, but I already have some clothing and I probably can't pay for much else. I might see you when we get back if you're still around, though. Here's a penny for the thought, though."

She reached into her coin purse and pulled out a small widget, flicking it to Tekros as she headed out of the inn.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Odrek

The Skakdi's head turned to allow him a look at the Toa. This one was a strange one. He couldn't be sure of his element, or if it might or might not be useful.

Deciding he would be more likely to find help if he took an active role in searching, he downed the rest of his now lukewarm drink and put his feet on the ground. "We'll never know unless we try."

He worked his way toward the Toa and put on a slightly less arming smile. "Greetings, Toa."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Tekros

Teclorus's outburst knocked away the confidence that Tekros had regained. He caught the matoran's stare.

"Eerrr yeah, I'm not actually a fan of that cold either." He chuckled nervously. He had obviously gained some interest from this Matoran of iron. Was he talking about the thermals?

He heard Methroda's reply and caught the widget she tossed to him. At least he wouldn't have to resort to his dry food stash now. "Thank you! Have a good trip!"

Tekros turned back to Teclorus as he called out to ask where they were going. The ache twinged again at Teclorus's question to the exiting trio, and Tekros almost asked the same. He would give almost anything to go on any sort of venture out of this city into the unknown... but his life is here.

Working a dying business.

Alone.

"I, uh..."

He bit his tongue.

OOC: As no one replied yet, I slightly tweaked my last line of dialogue.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC Psyzhran (open market [if there is one...])

A familiar individual set up shop in the market. It had been two weeks since the townsfolk had last seen him; not that they really noticed him, as he was just the ghost that followed the wheelbarrow of furs and other goods around. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

The Toa of Ice wordlessly arranged the goods he had brought with him, laying them out for all to see. Separating the carefully packaged food from the rest of the goods, he placed labels in front of every category of merchandise; this way, he wouldn't have to talk. His preparations finished, the Toa sat down on a stool he ad pulled up for himself and waited.

OOC open for interaction... Not that you're gonna get much.

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC:

Kova - who had been about to take another bite from his steak - frowned, his eyes still on his food. After a moment he set down his fork, coolly pushing his plate away from him. Folding his hands in his lap he sat back, looking up to Inicara, finally.

"You know, corruption is a big issue in the government. I've been accused of it myself."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Laer'dus

Laer'dus walks down the street glancing at the seemingly abandoned buildings. He knew that anyone with money or governmental weight resided inside the mountain, and despite that, it still intrigued Laer'dus. And then he saw it. Among various abandoned market tents sat a Toa of ice with furs of varying shapes and sizes. Laer'dus blinks. A mirage? A hallucination? could my eyes be deceiving me? He stared at the enigma for a moment, then figured he'd humor it.

The steltian approaches the market stall.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC:

"Yes, but it touches a nerve to hear that joke applied to my taking part in politics, rather than just my relationship with you - mainly because I know that there are quite a few who are just in it for the power, or for the bribe money, or something like that." Kova shook his head. "I'd have a much easier job were it not for people like them."

profiles i guess

IC: Zinyn

As Zinyn neared the location cynically called the shore by the people who used to have functional boats, he saw a Ta-Toa take shape. They wouldn't cross paths, but he certainly hoped the Toa would change his course. This area may have been known as the Ice Sheet, but centuries years of snow had long since buried the original ice layer, and the stability of the snow of yesterday was questionable at best. Trackers always renewed their path markers, and Toa of Ice always made new ones. By Zinyn's guess, this Toa wasn't following tracker flags. He paused, shook himself, and called out,

"If you move a few feet to your right, you can use the path I've made. It isn't very..." he'd meant to continue with 'safe out here,' but his voice petered out with his meager social courage.

IC: Dracax (Ta-Karda Harbor)

Dracax stopped, the rustling of his armor and weapons ceasing to announce his presence to the surroundings. The muscular figure's chest expanded, and shrunk again before the Guardsman turned to look at the Ko-Toa.

"I know my way hereabouts well enough" he half-lied, his voice shaking with barely contained indigence.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Dracax stopped, the rustling of his armor and weapons ceasing to announce his presence to the surroundings. The muscular figure's chest expanded, and shrunk again before the Guardsman turned to look at the Ko-Toa.

"I know my way hereabouts well enough" he half-lied, his voice shaking with barely contained indigence.

"O-of course," Zinyn stammered. "I-I just thought you might find a sure path helpful." He clenched his fists underneath the cloak. "It leads straight out to the first islet in the bay." Looking askance at the Ta-Toa, as he spoke, Zinyn became more and more appreciative of the weight his knives hanging on his arms. The Toa was literally steaming, and he was easily too close for Zinyn's comfort.

When he finished speaking, Zinyn reached up beneath his cloak and moved the discs keeping it closed so that it would hang more loosely on his shoulders. "I'm Zinyn, by the way."

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

"I've got no use for your help navigating" Dracax replied bluntly, his hot pink eyes flashing as he turned the face the comparatively diminutive Toa of Ice.

"However," he continued reluctantly, "I could use any information you may have on the recent Rahi movements. We're working in preparing our defenses in the event of an attack, and any bit of information can be helpful"

He said it in a strikingly different tone; efficient, business-as-usual was the order of the day now.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Oh, don't be," Kova said, waving off the problem - and reaching a hand across the table to Inicara. "Besides, you can actually help with that. Just look at whatever records you can and make sure there are no odd financial transactions taking place. You can be my own personal spy, if you want."

profiles i guess

He thought for a moment before responding. He'd heard during his last stop that the Rahi were moving closer to the city. "There have been some Kavinika packs roaming beyond the first islet, a few loners going for the small rahi closer in. More than there used to be." He paused, processing his thoughts, "And a week or so ago I nearly ran into some Frostelus on the Eastern Shore but," he decided to leave out the fact that he'd switched on his Volitak as soon as he saw their back, "they didn't notice me. They don't come onto the ice in large groups. No cover to hide their bulk during hunts, I suppose."

Zinyn swept some snow off his ice path with a nervous foot. "Speaking of information, I'm in need of some supplies, particularly food. What's the situation in Ta-Karda like?"

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

"Relatively stable" Dracax replied as he looked in the direction of the closest islet, where Zinyn had told him Kavinika where gathering.

"We all realize that getting panicked isn't going to help anyone, so everyone's been told to simply keep doing their job. If you are looking for supplies and shelter, Ta-Karda will have it"

Dracax spoke no further as he reluctantly made use of Zinyn's path to make his way towards the first islet, driven to investigate the Kavinika gathering further.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Zinyn watched as the Toa moved off on the path. After a moment, he called out, "Thanks. And make sure to stay on the path at least for another hundred yards. Things that far have been more stable this week." He turned away himself and hurried towards Ta-Karda, away from one uncomfortable encounter towards more.

"I'd say 'Out of the frying pan and into the fire,'" he thought, 'but it isn't nearly warm enough for the first to even be dying coal-embers."

The change from being on the Ice to being ashore was marked mainly by the unused docks and bright-red signs warning people about the dangers of travel on the Sheet. Zinyn hunched his shoulders under the looks of some city residents, and strode quietly towards the Icicle Inn. His main supply store was near there, and he needed something warm to drink.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC Tapio

(Icicle Inn):

Tapio walked into the icicle inn, glancing at his surroundings and looking for a Turaga of Air. He had heard of an organization dedicated to justice and equality. Naturally those two words had meant a lot to Tapio.

Spotting a Le-Turaga in the distance, Tapio walked over to him. "Excuse me, I don't know if I'm talking to the right person... but I'm looking for someone associated with a group called Phantoka."

OOC: Here he comes, LewatheChickenNuggets.

IC: [icicle Inn]

The Turaga of Air stayed behind, watching his newly-made Skakdi ally approaching that newcoming Toa of Whatever-the-element-was from behind. So far, things have gone well. While he failed in persuading that female Le-Matoran and Toa of Fire (to be honest, he's much more interested with that Toa; after all, Fire hates them Ice) to join his organization, he did managed to make a possible source of income to sponsor his political campaign. He sips the little cup in his hand, hoping the Skakdi would persuade the Toa to join them.

"Excuse me, I don't know if I'm talking to the right person... but I'm looking for someone associated with a group called Phantoka." A voice rang behind him, out of seemingly nowhere. Novvah was surprised; after all, he had never expected someone to approach him voluntarily; most people he'd talked to deemed the Phantoka too naive or too idealistic. After all, who's gonna listen to a small organization composed of a Turaga, his old teammates, and a handful of Le-Matoran?

It surprised him even more when he turned around, finding that stranger to be a Ko-Matoran. Most Ko-Matoran tend to throw whatever they got in their hands at him when he preaches about the Phantoka. Retreating back to reality, Novvah picked up his other personality again.

"Why, hello, Ko-Matoran stranger. I believe you're 'ere to ask me them importance of the Phantoka? Let me introduce myself a bit, eh? My name is Novvah, Turaga of Air, leader of the Phantoka. Go on, ask me anythin' you'd in doubt of."

IC Tapio

(Icicle Inn):

Tapio gave a polite smile. So this was the right place, after all.

"Nice to meet you Nowah", he said. "I'm Tapio. I heard about your organization and was wondering what you do to bring equality back to this land. I may be a Ko-Matoran, but many of my friends are not... and I've grown quite annoyed at the fact that they're being discriminated. Perhaps I could help your cause as well as theirs?"

OOC: Funny, I made a character named Nowah once too. Only he was a Toa of Smoke.

OOC: It's actually Novvah, with two v's. It looks cool :3

IC [icicle Inn]: "Why, all them worthy men are welcomed to the Phantoka. We've currently just startin', and havin' ye, a nice Ko-Matoran who knew what's right and true, would be a fantastic addition! The Phantoka aims to bring back balance among all races; I created this mainly for my fellow Spirits of the Air, but I'm pretty sure what the Phantoka did would eventually help all them other Matoran races regain balance of justice." Novvah said, with passion and emotion. "There can be no blizzards without them winds, there can be no hail without them air bringin' 'em. No other race shall be neglected, no matter what. The Ko-people does not deserve to have everythin' and reside upon the tip of the hierarchy pyramid, not to mention 'em discrimination and social injustice!"

Novvah puts an arm around the Ko-Matoran, showing as much friendliness as possible. "Ye see, though, there's one tiny problem: I am mere Turaga of Breeze. No one'll take us seriously, my new friend. I need them men, stronger individuals that can serve for the Phantoka. You know, sometimes we need some... 'persuasion' for the better good, isn't it?"

IC [icicle Inn]:

"Sometimes justice is achieved through... "convincing the stubborn", I'd like to say.... But no worries, I sure ain't believe that'll be ye concern, my young friend. You being a Ko-Matoran would be a great representative for the Phantoka to spread awareness to the Ko-Matoran. After all, those Ko-Matoran of Ko-Metru trust their fellow brothers only. I need someone that can inform the general crowd of the truth. About how the government had been discriminatin' other people outside the city. Persuasion is most effective when it's from one of ye kind, eh?" the Turaga of Air said, sounding as casual as possible, but with a darker tone.

IC Tapio

(Icicle Inn):

Tapio was relieved that Novvah didn't mention a revolution, but at the same time knew he had it in mind. Tapio was a strong believer of non-violent conflict resolution. He would not have violence. Any of it.

"Indeed my word may have stronger value than yours", he answered. "But I'm just a cleaner. I'm not one of the higher castes of Ko-Matoran."

IC [icicle Inn]:

Novvah can feel that the table is turning for his favor. This cleaner may not be much significance on the path toward his ambition, but it is a good beginning.

"Mr. Tapio, need not worry. As them Great Beings once taught, an avalanche be started by a mere pebble, a storm be started by a mere drop. A man of the society is far more efficient than those Ko-Matoran of higher caste, I'll assure ye. The crowd would rather listen to a man who's one of them. After all, none of those corrupted officials can ever feel how hard it was to survive in this long long winter... only the ordinary do, isn't it. So what says ye? It may be ye chance to probably make eh difference."

OOC:

OOC: Funny, I made a character named Nowah once too. Only he was a Toa of Smoke.

There are more toa of smoke? Dang, I though my idea was new. :/

IC: Vokahi

Seated at the bar the black toa turned to join the conversation.

"I know who you are. Aren't you one of those activists, called the Pan, Phan... Phantoka? Am I pronouncing that correctly?"

Edited by Aurora the cat

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

OOC: Yep, I made a Toa of Smoke in 2008. But I just realized it wasn't actually Nowah, but Newhu. Nowah was a Toa of Wood. :P

IC Tapio

(Icicle Inn):

"I guess you're right, Turaga", Tapio said. A black Toa nearby joined the conversation. Tapio simply nodded a greeting to the strange Toa.

IC [icicle Inn]:

Seeing the Toa of Mysterious-Element approaching, Novvah waved at his newly made Skakdi friend, telling him to come back to the bar. Novvah is rather pleased with the progress so far: he's got a potential business partner, a Ko-Matoran representative, and now maybe a Toa to his aid.

"Greetin', stranger, yes, I am them leader of the organization ye've just mentioned. Name's Novvah. I've got a Skakdi partner who's in need to 'em Toa to 'elp 'im run his business," Novvah pointed at the flyer Odrek posted a while ago, with enthusiasm. "Any interest to earn them few widgets, stranger?"

OOC: Looks like you missed Odrek talking to Vokahi. Could we tweak this so that he said that to him instead?

"Not exactly," he said, glad they had an angle to start the conversation from. "I've got a business understanding with their leader, though. But to get that done, I need some help with a project."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: He just greeted Vokahi, nothing more.

"He helps me, I help him. I need his funding to get a company settled, he needs backers to help his political campaign. In order to get my company off the ground, I need help opening a hot spring. Manually. I'd need engineers, miners, and Toa with elemental powers that could help the project. Could you help, and would you be interested?"

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I have no clue what I'm doing

"Ah the weight of food," Zinyn thought as he approached the Icicle Inn. Though it had cost him dearly in the widgets saved from the occasional oddjobs he'd done over the past weeks--he'd need to do some more guiding and stock up before he could fully stock his bags again--Zinyn knew having food on-hand was worth the expense out on the Ice. He fiddled with a few of his remaining widgets, standing outside the door. All he had to do was open it, step inside, and go to the bar, right? Only one person to talk to, right? He could ignore anyone else, right? Right, he only needed a warm drink from the bar.

Zinyn undid the right side of his cloak and hooked it behind his shoulder, exposing his uniform to the cold air. With his hand now unencumbered, Zinyn turned the handle on the door, and entered the Icicle Inn.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda] - [House]

Upon approaching her house, Methroda pulled out her key with a flourish. "Give me a moment..." she said as she inserted it into the rusty lock, forcing it in as hard as she could and growling a number of times until she finally got the old thing to turn. Her initial push didn't open the door, so she did a fully body slam to force it open.

"Home sweet home!" she declared, introducing the place - dismal, with a bed, some wicker baskets, a few supplies and stuff piled around, and a rug. The locked up windows allowed in no light, with all illumination coming from a small lightstone affixed to the ceiling. Still, she stood produly, marveling over the humble shack as though it were a mansion.

(Though she really needed an interior decorator...)

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)