Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC: Tekro

Frostelus? What was it doing in the middle of Ta-karda? He then realized why the Kavinika attack was so well-organized, right before the towering half-rahi bellowed a deafening screech. It had thrown the Toa of Ice further into the middle of the fray -- seemingly effortlessly -- and the Toa was now busy recharging his powers. To buy the Toa time, Tekro bent down to make a snowball and landed a well-placed throw right onto the Frostelus's snout.

"Come on!" he shouted at the Frostelus. He pointed his dagger, but by himself, he would be torn to shreds. He tensed to run back into the shambled building.

sig8.png

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda]

"Yes, well..." the Matoran said, as she stood up. "I've never been much for choosing the smart option. This was far more... exciting."

"Yeah, that's a word..." she thought to herself, as she wiped off her weapon. "I must be getting slow or something. I should have been able to take out the lot of them" Ridiculous, of course. Most Matoran would have difficult with just one large Kavinika, and even she didn't believe she could have dealt with the group on her own. But she always figured a good reassurance after a defeat was important.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Zinyn

Frostelus, smaller rahi housed within larger armor suits. Intelligent, fierce, and strong. The most famous defeat of a group of Frostelus was achieved by a mere two Toa, using a cyclone of lava.

It's too bad we don't have an Air Toa, Zinyn thought as he lifted his arms from the damp soil beneath him. It would quickly refreeze, but the layers of snow, ice, and permafrost (relatively thin here in the city) had done wonders to replenish his powers. He deactivated his mask and moved to the Toa that had been referred to as the White Wanderer. He spoke quietly, "Wanderer, how about you freeze his right arms, I'll freeze his left, and we leave it to these others to punch through the armor? It'll need to be thick."

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC:

One issue for the defenders was that a Frostelus wouldn't be caught so easily. A snowball and three blasts of ice weren't enough to take it out of commission, and it would prove that to those around it. Whipping its arms about and moving as the two Toa of Ice tried to freeze its arms up, the Frostelus easily stopped that attack from working - everything landing on it cracked and fell away before it could become a serious impediment. And, as it moved to the two Toa closest to it, those attacking, they would learn just how much of an impediment that it would prove to be for them.

Swinging out two large claws, the Frostelus moved to smash the two into each other. It was an easily dodged attack...though the amount of limbs a Frostelus had meant that those Toa would have to be careful not to run into another assault.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tekro

He was relieved that distraction of the snowball proved unnecessary as the two Toa railed blasts of frozen air onto the Frostelus. Unfortunately, it seemed to brush off their ice attacks with relative ease.

For the moment, there was little more he could do as a matoran with a simple dagger, but he was an opportunist. As the Toa dodged the Frostelus' charge, Tekro turned around and ran behind the buildings lining the street, returning at a vantage point with a clear view of the back of the multi-armed rahi. He waited in the shadows for an opportune moment, knife ready.

sig8.png

Seeing the Frostelus run at them, Zinyn threw himself into a back-handspring, taking himself far away from the Frostelus' attacks. It made no sense that a Rahi would be able to just shrug off the concentrated attack of two Ice Toa.

The Rahi here are ridiculous, he thought. Reason number 247 I shouldn't have come.

He briefly looked behind him at the mountains where Ko-Metru stood before locking his eyes onto the field of battle. Not a signal, not a messenger, not an errant blizzard at the peaks of those mountains. Ko-Metru must be dead or something. Maybe the city of Ta-Karda should relocate there.

Grimacing, Zinyn reverted to his usual style of ranged attacks, striking the ground with a fist. Ice power surged along a path: tall, thick, sharp spikes erupting in a ring around the Frostelus, thrusting to tear at the armor.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Let's see how this goes...

IC: Zinyn (Ta-Karda Streets)

After unleashing his attack, Zinyn retreated to the icy half-shell where the Turaga of Air stood, obviously calculating something to do with the current situation. Perhaps he could rely on the Turaga's shrewdness.

"Turaga, what is something that Ta-Karda has that the Frostelus would want? We have to go out there for food, there's shelter in caves, and plenty of space for territory. What does this city have that the majority of the island doesn't?"

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

OOC: Yay action finally, evil senior project...

IC: [Ta-Karda Streets]

Frostelus. Man, those creepy stuff. I remember how hard it was to deal with 'em when all ye Toa in ye Toa team's of Air and the Green... 'em good ole days.... Novvah collected his shattered concentration and place his mind back in the past, when centuries ago he and his team members had to strike down two (or one, he really can't remember) of these Rahi for travelling merchants. He recalled how long it took for someone to finally triggered his Kanohi of Fire to distract....

" Heat. Must be 'em heat!" the Turaga of Air exclaimed, while making up a small air wall against incoming fragments, "Ye Toa o' Ice and Fire gotta think 'em methods to absorb 'em or get 'em outta 'ere!"

The Toa of Ice nodded, and turned to the White Wanderer.

"We need this city to be as cold as we can get it, and for the Fire Toa to draw him away." If they could just get the Frostelus, and whatever friends it had in Ta-Karda, walking away from the general populace, they could launch an attack from behind and make sure the Rahi didn't have a chance to return, or leave for that matter. "We may have to upset the townsfolk and cause a snowstorm."

OOC: Somebody please tell me we can plant a bomb on his back to punch through and destroy the Rahi within the armor.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Taken aback by the Fire Toa's acute hearing, Zinyn fumbled over words for a moment before responding. "Just wait for the storm to being." Zinyn placed his palms together and began to summon his power over ice and snow. Frost appeared on his armor as the air around him began to grow cold, the power circling through his arms. Swinging his arms wide, Zinyn funneled his power into the air, causing an icy chill to descend on the area as snow-laden wind began to blow in all directions. Soon, the intense chill would spread throughout the city, but he could not hold it long as a single Toa.

"GO!"

OOC: I edited this so that action could continue even though Falcon has been out for two weeks.

Edited by Zox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

• 3 weeks later...