otter

Well whenever "Team Shake-Things-Up" really forms in earnest, it's ironically not a Ta-Longwordimnotgoingtotype that I have prepped, but a Ga-Thisissilly. Though admittedly, Ga-Peoplefolktypesvarietypackfromwalgreens probably have just as much reason to hate the cold.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

You asked for this. :P

Name: Salah El’Ain

Species and Gender: Steltian (Sidorak's Species), Male

Appearance: Salah is the very picture of a Steltian of Sidorak’s ilk. Tall, well-muscled and with a regal bearing that conceals his abilities as a warrior. His primary color is, fittingly, a deep royal red, with a dark black serving as a secondary color. His eyes shine a much brighter red, staring into them is not unlike looking into the heart of a warm forge. While he prefers thick furs for clothing, with a cap to match them, underneath this he wears a set of simple chainmail. Just in case. He does sport quite a few scars about his body and one across the eye, a product of various close encounters.

Kanohi: None

Weapons: Salah wields a protodermis sword, a last throwback to the days of warmth and fire, in his words. Emblazoned upon the hilt is a red jewel carved to resemble a flame. The blade itself is curved, though not as curved as a scythe. The hilt is made of bronze and can typically be seen sticking out of his thick furs, just slightly. It is a high quality weapon, but it is clearly very old, as it’s somewhat battered appearance can testify.

Gear: Salah travels lightly, beyond that which has already been mentioned, he has a few books, some survival equipment and many quills and inkwells to his name. Why quills you ask? Because pens are expensive.

Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Salah is an accomplished speaker, debater and writer, something like the last holdout of the intellectual in these dire times. So long as he can speak, so long as he has a quill, he is dangerous. As a consequence of his lifestyle, he also gotten very good at running from the law, from rabid Rahi….just about anything really, he’s developed a respect for running regardless. He does know how to fight, as almost all must these days, though it is not the focus of his skills. For the most part he tries to get by on brute strength and clever tactics, in a prolonged duel a more skillful enemy could take him down. He is also something of an accomplished tracker and hunter, as a result of his past.

Personality: Salah is a firebrand, a revolutionary, a conspiracy theorist and last, but certainly not least, a perpetual thorn in the sides of the powers that be. He tends be genial and friendly to those who support him, or to those who prefer not to fight. But he has nothing but contempt for the rulers of this frozen land, and he isn’t shy about letting them know that. He prefers to fight with his pen, but he is not one to abhor violence. When the revolution comes, or when the long arm of the law finally catches up with him, he will fight to the end. He draws power and strength from conviction and determination, one might say he has truth with a capital “T”.

Weaknesses: Salah, as noted above, cannot match professional warriors for very long. He also isn’t very fast, his size means he has trouble fitting into tight areas. He isn’t a graceful fighter, he isn’t a lithe or quick fighter, he relies on his strength and wits to carry the day. If his enemy is faster than he, then all that wit and power is worth nothing.

Biography:

“Tyranny, like the cold, is not easily resisted. Yet there is some small comfort in even this stark fact. For though winter stretches on, the sun will one day melt it away. Be it tomorrow or a thousand years from now. The cold can quench many fires, as can the tyrant….but none can quench the fire that exists in the heart of every being. Each of us has, beating within their chests, a heart of pure starfire. The tyrant cannot quench that, the ice bows to him, but fire blazes and rages its defiance. Each and every one of us should be like the starfire in our chests. For what can ice do against a firestorm? All it can do is melt and die.”

“They say I preach revolution, in my defense, all I speak is simple common sense.”

Salah, once a hunter and mercenary of some renown, has transformed himself into a revolutionary. He was not always the erudite writer he is today, once he was like any other hunter in the frozen wastelands, merely trying to survive, not thinking about the future. During his travels however, he encountered an old library, hidden away from the ice and snow in a cave system. He spent years there, teaching himself to read and hunting what Rahi he could. The words, the ideas contained in that old library changed him on a fundamental level. When he emerged he did not think of merely settling for survival, he dreamed of a glorious future, of a future where the island was once again free of the curse that plagued it.

He had become convinced that the Toa, Matoran and Turaga of Ice were responsible for the current state of the island and, by the same token, he became determined to throw off their rule however he could. So he spoke out, again and again, always vanishing before the forces of the law could arrive. He left letters nailed to the doors of various structures; he made himself a friend to the disenfranchised Ta-Matoran, hiding amongst them and whispering words of freedom and revolution.

He knows change is coming, he can feel it in the air and he’s determined to do everything he can to help it along.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Name: Kahi

Species and Gender: Su-Matoran, male
Appearance: Shorter in stature, but no less commanding. A dark maroon mask, body and feet cover his starkly contrasting white arms and legs. He has bright yellow eyes that always seem to be gleaming, and his smile always has a hint of a smirk.
Kanohi: Calix, inexplicably always shiny. He has a saying, "This mask has almost a religious symbolism attached to it. Matoran wear it say that they are guarded by destiny, that fate protects their minds. I wear this mask on my head as my own symbol. Fate should be honored that it has my mind to back it up."
Weapons: Twin half-circle blades, about hand-width in size, which can expand and fit together to form a frame for an energy shield. He has several electric "grenades" that he keeps for backup, and a one-time-usage EMP stake that he can implant in the ground. He also has a close-range projectile plasma discharger. All of these weapons are collapsible and are built to be concealed.
Gear: He wears a distinctly noticeable suit, specifically layered to keep in body heat. He carries a small, collapsible pickaxe. He also carries a wireless computer device, which takes the form of a rounded piece of metal and machinery about the size of a palm. Through this, he is able to access his companies' database and/or hack devices.
Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Kahi is a very savvy individual. He boasts a keen business-centered mind, as well as deductive and reasoning skills. He has a captivating charismatic ability around him, and is able to twist around arguments and debates in his favor. He was a well-sought after lawyer for most of his career, doing everything from patent law to murder trials. He has a very natural inclination towards technology. He is also very wealthy, due to both his legal career and the recent bequeath of his friend's ownership stock in his company, Generation Electronica.
Personality: Kahi is a very eccentric individual, but keeps a general sense of intelligence around him. He has always been quick to argue and easily takes advantage of whatever opportunity presents itself to him. He is overly ambitious, always looking for something more and willing to do whatever it takes to get it. If asked, he privately would think himself to be above the good majority of people, but instead prefers to let others think otherwise. He loves taking challenging cases, and likes to win as much as possible. Kahi is opposed to any sort of corruption or gain by other individuals, but he is opposed to it because it does not benefit himself. In a world where the wealthy and bullying sat on the top of the pyramid, he would not want to abolish it, but merely put himself at the top.
Weaknesses: Kahi is addicted to success and money, and his moral compass is generally centered around himself. He views life mostly like chess; there are a small group of individuals that he values and remains loyal to, but the rest are merely pawns in a very grand scheme. He is always in pursuit of whatever route would gain him more money, often playing both sides to increase profits. He has an obsession with always winning, one that he takes often to the extreme.
Biography: Kahi was always a lawyer by trade, but joined up with his friend Mavra, a Vortixx, in a venture for an engineering and technology company named "Generation Electronica". While he kept out of most of the engineering that Mavra did, but sunk a very large amount of money into investment for the startup. His legal skills and keen business sense soon proved invaluable and he managed to keep them one step ahead of other businesses, bolstered only by his Mavra's genius inventions. The both of them grew very wealthy, and he kept on the frontline of the company even through the beginnings of the winter by landing one high profile case after another. Due to Mavra's untimely death, he was given the entirety of Mavra's stock and ownership of the company. This, combined with the stock he already had, made him the CEO of GE. He is having some trouble adjusting to this ownership, however, and feels more at home back in his law office, but plans to use the company's assets to secure himself in the grand scheme of things. He also has suspicions that Mavra was murdered and is privately investigating this. He also wants to eventually get rid of the winter, but not before he sets things so that he'll be able to be on top once the change goes over.

Name: Emalyne

Species and Gender: Ce-Toa, Female
Appearance: Sharp and sleek armor, very modern, very aerodynamic. She bears a clean, white armor look from top to bottom, with glowing lights bored into each joint segment. She often carries a blank look on her face, but her eyes search everywhere. Once she locks onto you, her blue-eyed gaze burns deep into your soul.
Kanohi: Suletu, in the shape of a Nobel Ruru
Weapons: A plethora of throwing knives, multiple grenades, a collapsible short sword.
Gear: Emalyne has numerous pieces of gear attached to her at any point in time. She carries a satchel full of equipment and papers, and also boasts a very strong rope-and-grappling-hook combo. The hook, when locked together, provides her primary weapon as a ball and chain. It can also be launched and projected in order to hook onto or grab ahold of an item.
Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Emalyne has a wide array of mental and telekinetic powers, and has devoted most of her time to developing her mental powers. Her telepathic powers allow her a lot of room for corporate espionage, and she is able to peel back mental blocks and access the memories of many individuals. She cannot control people with her mind, but she can engage them in mental warfare. She is also a skilled martial artist, preferring to use her fists instead of any weapon she can come across.
Personality: Emalyne is a very stoic individual, viewing life with a heavy dose of snark. She has gleamed a lot of passing information from people, and her personality is no longer really her own after assimilating with so many other people. She longs for her old individuality, but instead has resigned herself to just living as she can. She had a stronger moral compass back in the day, but her consistent presence around Kahi has made her more accepting of morally questionable decisions.
Weaknesses: Emalyne has surely but slowly started to lose grip of herself because of her over taxation of her telepathic abilities, often hearing thoughts or voices that aren't her's. While she was able to block them out initially, the consistent use of her powers has started to wear herself down. If she were to lose concentration, she would eventually cave in and be suppressed by all of the thoughts going around her.
Biography: A younger Toa trying to find work as a bodyguard, Emalyne was handpicked by Kahi who saw potential in the impressionable Toa. Under his guidance, she soon expanded her skill with telepathy and worked as both a personal secretary and bodyguard for the Matoran for several years. Over time, she has noticed that she has noticeably changed and had gone from a crusader of justice to a much more placid and compromising mindset. She would have left Kahi's employ a long time ago had she not glimpsed at all of the plans and ambition he had stored inside his mind. She has resolved to stick it out, and does have the distinction of being one of the people that he trusts implicitly.

Hmm. I like the two profiles - especially how you've got a Toa of Psionics starting to go off the deep end - but I'm afraid I don't like the whole high-tech vibe I'm seeing. Similar to something I told Lev a little while ago, tech just isn't going to be common on this island. Partially because it was a mainly rural island before all the stuff that did happened to it, and partially because the high tech just wouldn't fit the feel of the RPG - after all, if they had good enough tech, they wouldn't have to worry so much about the cold, would they? - and that's ignoring the fact that the island wouldn't be particularly abundant in the sort of resources necessary for making such technology, anyways.

I hate to have to try and limit you like that, but I'd much prefer it if you manage to alter your characters' company and gear and such a bit, to reflect what I just said.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name: Ildes

Species: Male Steltian (Krekka's)

Appearance: Mainly dark blue Armor, except for lighter, almost translucent, areas of blue around the hands, feet, shoulders, knees, and elbows. His face is white and he has eyes that are about the color of the lighter sections of his armor. Larger than average for his species.

Weapons: His main weapon is a simple, but well made club. He also has a rarely used ranged weapon named Bo. Bo sits on the ground, similar to a turret, and can be used to fire arrows that can deal more precise damage than the club. These arrows are coated in a toxin that causes the eyes to dilate, which can be crippling during day, but beneficial at night.

Gear: Most of his pack is dedicated to holding food, but Ildes usually makes sure to pack a small length of rope and a pad to write on.

Abilities, Powers, Skills: Has extreme tolerances of both cold and pain. This allows him to take quite the beating when he needs to. To further adapt himself to this cold climate, he has learned to walk on ice without losing his balance.

​Personality: Despite being somewhat intelligent, he prefers to just smash his problems. This policy of smashing applies to combat situations, too. He despises those who would use daggers and other such small, concealable weapons. His speech patterns can be sometimes cryptic, requiring varying amounts of pointless knowledge to decipher. As of late, he has taken to asking opponents, "Where are the arenas?"

Weaknesses: Ildes is slow, really slow. Pretty much anyone can outrun him. He also runs into trouble with communication due to the speech pattern mentioned above.

Biography: Ildes's immense defensive capabilities have allowed him to earn a living guarding locations. Most of his jobs are small time jobs, this shop or that. Before coming to Ko-Nui, he had befriended a muaka cat he called Orchid. When Orchid was killed by a popular hunter, and that hunter was killed by Ildes, he fled to this island. Ildes sees this cold weather as a sort of blessing from Orchid, and he wishes to keep things the way they are.

Edited by Cryophile

...Bo confuses me. I take it that Ildes actually has to put his hands on Bo and aim the turret and everything to make it work? Because autoturrets really aren't much of a thing here, for the same reasons I was against giving Kahi all the technology he wrote in. Also, how do those arrows give people such enhanced low-light vision that get hit by them?

Once you explain the arrows and make sure that Bo isn't just an automatically / radio - operated turret (both to me and in the profile), Ildes will be approved.

profiles i guess

I made two profiles for this game yay. Hopefully, the first one never sees the light of day.

Name: Tiraam

Species and Gender: Masculine Toa of Stone

Appearance: Unassuming and average in appearance, Tiraam is most definitely not one that would immediately draw attention to himself in a crowd. Though suitably muscled, he's not particularly large or athletic, nor does he possess the heroic, ramrod posture of the more "noble" of his kind. His natural armor is mainly a hard brown color, with various portions having amore beige coloration. What additional armor he wears is a dusty grey. His eyes and heartlight are deep orange, and he is normally dressed in a number of cold-protecting garments.

Kanohi: Great Rau

Weapons: A pickaxe with an artificial Rhotuka Launcher build into the business end.

Gear: A pack with basic survival gear, such as rope, a lightstone, and first-aid equipment. Trapper's tools. A pack with a number of red flags. His left gauntlet has a heatstone imbedded near the back.

Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Tiraam has the Elemental Power of Stone, allowing him to manipulate, generate, and reform stone per his whims. His ability to do so is limited by the amount of Elemental Energy he has at the moment, which he regains at a steady pace as well as when he absorbs stone. As a Toa of Stone, Tiraam also possesses the great strength that is associated with the power, making him quite physically capable despite his appearance. His Kanohi allows him understand and communicate in any written or spoken language. His Rhotuka disrupt the target's perception of time and motor control. Combat wise, he's no veteran of a thousand battles, and mostly does what he thinks will work best at the moment.

Personality: Tiraam is a laid back and relaxed individual, albeit one who probably has his head in the clouds far too much of the time. The novice Toa is a dreamer and an optimist, though one who doesn't put any credit into the high and mighty virtues normally upheld by Toa kind. Not particularly selfish or narcissistic, he nonetheless puts his own survival above that of anything or anyone else when it comes down to it. He prefers not to converse specifically with any one person, instead finding comfort the isolation found in large crowds or when alone. Believes that things can't be bad that much longer, and wants to be around when it does eventually get better.

Weaknesses: Tiraam attempts to make up for lack of skill with his knack for improvision and physical strength, though this compensation can be exploited by those who rely on technique. Similarly, he's not one to plan ahead very far, thus is noticeably lacking in foresight even if he can react to the moment fairly well.

Biography: Tiraam isn't a particularly experienced Toa, nor does he have a particularly large number of stories under his belt, that much is clear. Before the big freeze Tiraam was no more than a Matoran worker, living a somewhat simple life as a farmer in the fields. He quite enjoyed his vocation, the physical labor itself wasn't too difficult for the Po-Matoran, and it allowed him quite a bit of time to think on whatever captured his fancy. All in all, he was living happily in his uneventful world. Of course, that fate had it that it wouldn't last. The first disruption was his transformation into a Toa, an event that even he's not entirely clear on how it came about, which was immediately followed by the rapid drop in temperatures. Tiraam was then forced rather quickly into the role of a protector, a role that he had no desire of having at all. As such, it wasn't long until he abandoned the position society had created for him, spending much of his time out in the stark landscape as a hunter and trapper.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I've never tried this game up to this point, so I think I'll try my hand at it here. This looks pretty fun.

Well, here goes:

Name: Full name Tekronos (Tee-cro-nos), known only by Tekro

Species and gender: Male Su-Matoran (Plasma)

Appearance: His appearance is a virtual clash with his personality, but he considers it a yin to his yang, so to speak. He is alarmingly tall for a matoran, sporting clean and bright orange armor alongside a secondary color of dark purple. His unusual Kanohi Oncaii, bearing a short single horn and two antennae-like attachments, almost completely obscures his eyes at certain angles, but the bright green glow beneath his brow is inescapable. He wears thick layers of dark thermal material that he currently specializes in crafting, with a snow camoflauge-patterned cloak on top, a garb often worn by elitist Ko-matoran guard. He won't say where he acquired it.

Kanohi: He dons a Kanohi Oncaii. The mask was rare before many of his tribesman disappeared in the advancing ice, and he now believes that he is in possession of the only one left in existence. It has no powers aside from the supernatural tales woven behind it by his now deceased tribe elders. Despite its seeming uselessness, he takes much pride in the mask.

Weapons: Tekro never needed much aside from his Su dagger with a matching sheath. The thing is an antique, made with more aesthetic appeal than function, but it has served its purpose on multiple occasions with rahi skirmishes. He won't accept keeping it any less than razor sharp.

Equipment: Tekro has a relatively fit build to match his height, enough to carry a full emergency pack that will keep him sustained for several weeks. The bulky backpack is nearly spilling over with various dry foods, tools, and other survival equipment. He likes to think of it as preparedness, but he knows better than to deny that he just wants to mess with essentials as little as possible. He also wears an articulate metal necklace, a gift from Sarie before her disappearance.

Abilities, Powers, Skills: None other than his ingenuity. Tekro was the mind of his tribe, and it's how he managed to outsurvive them all. That, and he also ran the fastest. He thinks of unique solutions to problems, and sometimes implements his ideas into primitive contraptions around his household. Unfortunately, the only thing that has lasted longer than a week was his manufacturing technique for thermal cloth, so that's where he set his focus.

Personality: Aside from his rather bright appearance, Tekro fits well with the Ko-matoran. He only speaks when spoken to, and he has never managed to keep up a good conversation for long. He is even known by many as a peacemaker. Underneath the facade of silence, however, is a well of emotion -- he loves being around people, and very few know that the main reason Tekro won't talk much is because he is actually not that good at it. Nothing has made Tekro nervous for years except the idea of just talking to any stranger for any extended period of time because he knows that before long, he will start stumbling over his words like a Muaka on a treadmill. He usually spends his time just thinking instead. Despite his withdrawn personality, he will not show fear when danger rears its head.

Weaknesses: Being one to end a fight before it begins, he isn't that great of a fighter, though quick he may be. Also, he is normally keen on his surroundings, but under stress, he immediately gains a "tunnel vision" of sorts -- he can become so focused on one objective that he will completely miss everything else going on around him. He may also have communication problems at times.

Biography: Despite his village's initial confidence, Tekro knew the Su-matoran could never last where they were with the neverending snowstorm continually growing stronger. The weird thing was that he was never one you'd expect to survive so easily, being known by everyone as a dreamer and, by some, a teddy bear. That side of him, however, crusted over with a somewhat dark demeanor as quickly as his friends deceased one by one alongside the disappearance of a close female Su-matoran friend named Sarie. Not that he could withstand the cold any more easily than others -- he hated the cold with every ounce of his being. He was just lucky. He was also alone.

Despite his dire upraising, he has grown to be one of the kindest and most generous matoran among the Ko-matoran villages. Being a rather mobile salesman, he has heard of rumors about their government and of how corruption within could habe caused the onslaught of ice. Tekro is not one to believe rumors, however, and he has even gained a heart for the Ko-matoran. Tekro always raised his ear for two certain rumors, though: one, the notion that some Su-matoran may still live somewhere in the island has never left the back of his mind. Two, the possibility that the ice could be eliminated always provided the hope that kept Tekro's heartlight beating. He would give anything to avenge the loss of nearly his entire village and destroy the source of the icy maelstrom.

He currently runs a quiet life within Ko-metru and makes his living from selling his special thermal cloth in a local marketplace very close to the Senate House and to the few newcomers that appear. Tekro has always kept one eye out for any opportunity for adventure, however. He may be quiet, but an unquenchable fire has slowly built up within him through so many years of silence. And once he would find out that there may be a way to reverse the cold weather that killed his brothers, only his dead body would keep him from pursuing that end. His conscience, when it comes to it, may provide a different obstacle entirely.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

Tapio - You're about three words short in the "Abilities, Powers, and Skills" section...where you really don't describe much. What all is he good at? You got the cold resistance, slightly enhanced strength...what else?

Edit:

Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Increased heat resistance due to being a Ko-Matoran. Tapio also has Po-Matoran heritage, making him slightly stronger than average Matoran, but not as strong as a Po-Matoran. He is also a very analytic thinker and hard to fool. His cold exterior may be difficult to interpret, making him an unpredictable opponent in a conflict.

Gravs: Tiraam is approved, though that's assuming that his Rhotuka's effect is limited to a short time.

TBK: Tekronos is approved, though I dunno whether or not you might want to change tribe to village. I never thought of Matoran of Plasma in general as being particularly scarce, aside from the fact that few people seem to want to make them. =P

Tapio: Tapio's approved.

profiles i guess

Okay, I get the whole lo-tech vibe thing. Is it okay for me to keep the whole company/invention angle without making the technologies high-tech in nature?

Also, what level are we at with the technology? Are we strictly no computers medieval tech, steampunk level tech, early ninety-sixties computer tech?

It's really just no highly advanced tech. Computers and stuff like that are out of the picture, but most everything else can go, so long as you have a good explanation for it.

Also, yeah, I'd say you can keep a company, though don't expect to use NPC workers and such much, except as background description stuff, pretty much, people to throw in in a post...but you can't, y'know, use them for battle or particularly much other stuff. That's when you'd have to get PCs in there for you.

profiles i guess

It's possible.

Don't worry, it should be over by the time the revolution is starting up and the fun stuff begins. Just a nice walk down the coast... lots of fun, sun (maybe not sun...), and then some.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Okay, I get what you're saying. Let me change up Kahi for a bit (I believe Emalyne is good as is?)/

Name: Kahi

Species and Gender: Su-Matoran, male
Appearance: Shorter in stature, but no less commanding. A dark maroon mask, body and feet cover his starkly contrasting white arms and legs. He has bright yellow eyes that always seem to be gleaming, and his smile always has a hint of a smirk.
Kanohi: Calix, inexplicably always shiny. He has a saying, "This mask has almost a religious symbolism attached to it. Matoran wear it say that they are guarded by destiny, that fate protects their minds. I wear this mask on my head as my own symbol. Fate should be honored that it has my mind to back it up."
Weapons: A silent gun, powered by compressed air. It holds three bullets and is made for maximum close range impact. He hides it under the sleeve of his right arm. On his left he carries a extendable blade.
Gear: He wears a distinctly noticeable suit, specifically layered to keep in body heat. He carries a small, collapsible pickaxe and a set of goggles, with a mini wielding torch for sticky situations. He also wears a monocle, which he insists is cool despite protests from basically everyone.
Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Kahi is a very savvy individual. He boasts a keen business-centered mind, as well as deductive and reasoning skills. He has a captivating charismatic ability around him, and is able to twist around arguments and debates in his favor. He was a well-sought after lawyer for most of his career, doing everything from patent law to murder trials. He has a very natural inclination towards technology. He is also very wealthy, due to both his legal career and the recent bequeath of his friend's ownership stock in his company, Generation Electronica.
Personality: Kahi is a very eccentric individual, but keeps a general sense of intelligence around him. He has always been quick to argue and easily takes advantage of whatever opportunity presents itself to him. He is overly ambitious, always looking for something more and willing to do whatever it takes to get it. If asked, he privately would think himself to be above the good majority of people, but instead prefers to let others think otherwise. He loves taking challenging cases, and likes to win as much as possible. Kahi is opposed to any sort of corruption or gain by other individuals, but he is opposed to it because it does not benefit himself. In a world where the wealthy and bullying sat on the top of the pyramid, he would not want to abolish it, but merely put himself at the top.
Weaknesses: Kahi is addicted to success and money, and his moral compass is generally centered around himself. He views life mostly like chess; there are a small group of individuals that he values and remains loyal to, but the rest are merely pawns in a very grand scheme. He is always in pursuit of whatever route would gain him more money, often playing both sides to increase profits. He has an obsession with always winning, one that he takes often to the extreme.
Biography: Kahi was always a lawyer by trade, but joined up with his friend Mavra, a Vortixx, in a venture for an engineering and technology company named "Generation Electronica". While he kept out of most of the engineering that Mavra did, but sunk a very large amount of money into investment for the startup. His legal skills and keen business sense soon proved invaluable and he managed to keep them one step ahead of other businesses, bolstered only by his Mavra's genius inventions. The both of them grew very wealthy, and he kept on the frontline of the company even through the beginnings of the winter by landing one high profile case after another. Due to Mavra's untimely death, he was given the entirety of Mavra's stock and ownership of the company. This, combined with the stock he already had, made him the CEO of GE. He is having some trouble adjusting to this ownership, however, and feels more at home back in his law office, but plans to use the company's assets to secure himself in the grand scheme of things. He also has suspicions that Mavra was murdered and is privately investigating this. He also wants to eventually get rid of the winter, but not before he sets things so that he'll be able to be on top once the change goes over.

Is that better?

TBK: Tekronos is approved, though I dunno whether or not you might want to change tribe to village. I never thought of Matoran of Plasma in general as being particularly scarce, aside from the fact that few people seem to want to make them. =P

I'll go ahead and change it :P I actually didn't mean so much to present the Su-matoran as being scarce as I did mean to present them as having one of the most difficult setbacks with the oncoming cold out of all the other villages.

And also, I was wondering the same as Garnira said above.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

...Bo confuses me. I take it that Ildes actually has to put his hands on Bo and aim the turret and everything to make it work? Because autoturrets really aren't much of a thing here, for the same reasons I was against giving Kahi all the technology he wrote in. Also, how do those arrows give people such enhanced low-light vision that get hit by them?

Once you explain the arrows and make sure that Bo isn't just an automatically / radio - operated turret (both to me and in the profile), Ildes will be approved.

Yes Bo is meant to be hand operated. I've also edited the profile with an explanation on the arrows.

For the currency, we basically do the same thing as regards established shops or such as most other Bionicle RPGs do; we use widgets. Like in the MNOG's. Of course, most player to player stuff I imagine would be more barter than anything. Really, though, currency - and what you can buy with it - doesn't much matter.

Anyways: Kahi, Emalyne, and Ildes all approved. Anyways, TBK, they (the Su-Matoaragakdi) would have about the same trouble the Ta-Matoran do. xP

profiles i guess

New character! Huzzah!

Name: Teclorus

Species and Gender: male, Matoran of Iron
Appearance: A well built gunmetal grey and burnt orange matoran with a mechanical claw instead of a lower right arm. His armor is scarred and rusted as if it's been through a few battles and a year of disrepair.(armor is rusted due to almost constant exposure to moisture, scars are from... well, just what they look like.) His mechanical claw emanates a neon green light and has a caution tape-esque pattern along parts of it. Otherwise, it's bronze and silvery. His mask has a prominent scar running over the left eye. His left eye is a faded greyish-green. His right eye however, is a shocking bright neon green (same color as his claw glows.)
Kanohi: Gunmetal grey Noble Kakama. (Photok's version)
Weapons: Elemental enhancement glove. (It's the claw thing). Basically gives him access to his locked elemental abilities. This is still limited, and is nowhere near the power of a Toa's, but it still makes him formidable. As well as that, he carries a small retractable blade and a package of shrapnel bombs (and matches to light them).
Gear: some small ice picks for climbing and cutting. a heavy coat with pockets to store all of his stuff.
Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Well,he has limited control over iron, he is pretty strong for a matoran, and is trained in various "martial arts" of the matoran universe. As per Otter's request, the specifics of "limited iron power" are that he can manipulate armor through direct contact, can detect veins of iron hidden or underground, and mold iron into shapes.
Personality: He tends to be rather hopeful. In his opinion, if something good can happen, it will eventually. He has a certain hate for the current situation, and is radically in support of anyone who challenges the status quo. However, he has an underlying depression that has a tendency of showing itself in the worst of times.
Weaknesses: First of all, he is a Matoran, and can let his courage get ahead of himself. This often gets him into predicaments that he can't get out of because of his size and lack of full elemental abilities.

Biography: Teclorus has lived on the island for as long as he can remember. Before the coming of winter, he lived a simple, happy life working at the smelter and on a Vuata Maca farm. The work was hard, but he was paid well and enjoyed himself both at work and on break. When winter struck, the tropical Vuata Maca trees couldn't make it in the cold weather, and didn't grow indoors, so the farm closed. Not too long after, the smeltery, which used power from the Vuata Maca fruits, was shut down from lack of power. Teclorus was devastated; everything he had ever worked on was gone within a year. Depressed and unemployed, Teclorus needed someone to blame for his misfortune, and a reason to live for. When Ko-matoran began exploiting the Ta-Kardans, Teclorus found his scapegoats. He decided that the wintery conditions MUST have been their fault! Teclorus decided he was going to start a revolution. It started with a neighborhood meeting in his section of Ta-Karda. Teclorus explained that the Ko-Matoran were benefiting way too much off of the other groups' misery and seeing as many others had similar doubts, that rallied with him. after a year or two of preaching and spreading the word, he led a riot on the Administrative Palace. Unfortunately for Teclorus, his little revolution was short lived seeing as the rioters were predominantly matoran. Teclorus was put on trial and ended up being banished from Ko-Metru.(this states that if he is found anywhere within city limits, he will be apprehended, and can be killed if necessary.) In the following years, he's supported whatever little revolts brew up and has done his best to help the people of Ta-Karda.(within this time frame, his elemental enhancement glove came into his possession) Currently, he expects the government to simply allow Ta-Karda to be attacked head on by the Frostelus.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Hmm...

I don't know that I'm too keen on giving him a Fe-element version of the Earth claw, but if you can explain what control it gives him better (like, what he can do with it), and put that in the Abilities, Powers, and Skills section, I might bite. As it stands, that section mentioned is a bit short...And, without knowing just what all control it gives him, again, I'm just not keen on approving it.

profiles i guess

Hmm...

I don't know that I'm too keen on giving him a Fe-element version of the Earth claw, but if you can explain what control it gives him better (like, what he can do with it), and put that in the Abilities, Powers, and Skills section, I might bite. As it stands, that section mentioned is a bit short...And, without knowing just what all control it gives him, again, I'm just not keen on approving it.

Ok, I can do specifics. He can manipulate relatively small amounts of iron (so, he could potentially turn someone's sword into scrap), he could potentially weigh down small portions of iron armor, he can detect veins of iron in the ground, and he can easily mold pieces of scrap iron into certain shapes. If that much is accepted, then I will copy and paste that into the abilities section. If not, PM me what I need to change.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

I need to get in on this. Just looks to good.

Name: Vokahi (Pronounce: Vōk-ähe)

Species and Gender: Male toa
Appearance: Tall and slender, Vokahi stands a little over six inches tall. His armor is tough and dented in many places, yet it is still sleek and elegant. He has two green slit-like eyes that seem to stare into your soul.
Kanohi: Vokahi wears an odd looking kanohi Hau with three deep ridges cut into the top. Looks though are deciving, in actuality the mask is a Kanohi Riven, or mask of elemental Cancellation. It allows him to prevent someone from using their elemental powers by spending the same amount of energy. The only way to escape this "lock" is by out spending the user.
Weapons: Vokahi weilds a simple syth and shield. Though the shield is ornately made, they are relatively simple. The only strange weapon he carries is a incindiary bomb that he calls, 'the spinner'. When thrown, it will wait a few seconds on the ground, before spinning as if it where a top, and spreading fire everywhere. Though mostly ineffective in the cold environment, it can be very against an unsuspecting victim.
Gear: Vokahi carries little with him save his money and a small gold pocket watch.
Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Vokahi is a toa of smoke, with the ability to create, move, remove, and breath smoke. Though at first this rare power seems vast, it is mostly ineffective in largely offensive battles, only allowing him an assured smog screen for his escape. Other than this, he is relatively strong in both a mental and physical sense. Though he can take the cold, he is not fond of the ever continuing ice age.
Personality: Though is appearance gives off the aura of vileness, at heart Vokahi is a well meaning person. Though he does follow the toa code, he does interpret the ends to justify the means, and will do only as he feels right. At heart he is a misunderstood person.

Weaknesses: Vokahi will suffer from intense cold. He also cannot easily dodge ranged attacks without his shield.
Biography: Everyone has seemed to know this odd toa for as long as they could remember. An early member of the onu-koro guard, he was well respected with the koro's until the ice age. He then became a part of the miners guild, helping to find small amounts of the ever finite protosteel supply. When the Rahi attacks stepped up, he helped his fellow miners to escape by confusing the Rahi with his smoke. After this, local knowledge of him increased, and he became a respectable member of the guard, helping to catch some low profile thieves and would be murders. He is a natural leader in spirit, and is not fond of the government, but not hateful. He lives in an underground home in ta-karda, finding that it was much warmer there than above.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Approved, Aurora, though I'll be watching closely to be sure those powers aren't abused...and I hope he can find fuel for that incendiary bomb. Also, there wasn't ever really a specific Onu-Koro...I mean, numerous small villages and camps, but none large enough to require names or such. This place doesn't really care much for elemental separation, which is why even Ko-Metru has had a lot to do with Onu-Matoran aid, hollowing out the mountains and living there and such.

profiles i guess

Name: Talik

Species and Gender: Male Vo-Skakdi

Appearance: Talik is a tall, slender Skakdi. His armor is colored dark blie and gunmetal. A main difference from other Skakdi is the fact that his natural spines are not as pronounced, and are shorter than normal for a Skakdi. His eyes and heartlight are a light blue coloration, which increase in brightness whenever he uses his eye powers.

Weapons: Talik carries an arm brace that can eject a blade starting near the wrist, which is only good for close ranged stabbing. In addition, he has a small gun that can fire off a net, with small, heavy metal balls attached to the corners, with can hold down a prey long enough for Talik to kill them.

Gear: Talik carries his hunters tools with him, which he uses to trap animals. He has a variety of traps, with several different forms of trapping. Finally, he has sown small heatstones into his coat, which is warmer as a result.

Abilities, Powers, and Skills: Talik has the ability to use Toa level lightning powers in conjunction with another Skakdi. His vision power is heat vision, allowing him to detect when creatures are near him by seeing the traces of heat that they leave behind. He uses this power in his hunting.

Talik's third power is the ability to bound a Rahi to him through hand contact - however, he can have only two Rahi at a time. Currently, his Rahi are Havoc and Calamity, Brute Kikanalos, which are smaller but bulkier than a normal Kikanalo, as well as lacking a horn. In addition, neither can unleash a sonic blast as a weapon. Havoc and Calamity is used by Talik to pull a sleigh which Talik carries all his supplies on.

Personality: Talik was rather friendly and kind, but this has changed recently. Since the island has been engulfed in ice, Talilk is now distant and aloof, caring only for himself. He is still generous to those he finds injured in the snow, and takes them back to settlement or the like, but does not care for them overly.

Weaknesses: Talik does not have powers good in combat, and does not carry good weapons for fighting.

Biography: Talik washed up on the island an amnesiac a few years before the ice came over the island of Ko-Nui, never talking about his past before he came to the island to anyone. He does know, but he does not talk about it, with the only thing he says is that he didn't even believe it when it happened to him.

When the ice hit, Talik became a trapper, taming his two Brute Kikanalo to pull his sled.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Well, first, you'll want to make sure to edit his two animals to be either Kikanalo or Tahtorak. They can't be both at the same time. That's just breakin' the laws of the universe, man.

Also, I hope you don't expect that wire to do much, unless you're going to be carrying around a big battery. For the wires with electrical energy running through them to be able to heat him, it would take quite a bit of energy for it to be useful agains the cold. You'd be better off sewing heatstones into a thin coat.

Regardless, approved.

profiles i guess

Any ideas where to drop in? I'm finding it hard to find a place and situation to start from. Anyone need interaction?

Are you disappointed with social discrimination? Are you disappointed with the Ko-people handling everything? Are you tired of those racism remarks and prejudice, and want to make there be balance among different races?

Join the Phantoka, we're, erm, honest people who wants to make the world a better place for the minority, to put a voice for those who were under-represented in the society. We welcome everyone, especially wise and considering Ko-Matoran! The best candidate to put a voice against the unfair treatment from Ko-people IS one of those Ko-People! I am sure you're making the best choice to help us, to restore world harmony and peace, free from discrimination! :3

If you're interested, please talk to that annoying Turaga of Air in the Icicle Inn :D

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

Any ideas where to drop in? I'm finding it hard to find a place and situation to start from. Anyone need interaction?

I just dropped my character off near Ta-Karda and I'm going to see what happens as he goes in. I haven't done this before, so I'm pretty much relying on the supposition that if I go certain places I'm bound to run in to other characters, with many thanks to Dr. O for that interaction there at the start ^_^ .

I note that your character is a cleaner, you could try dropping him at the Icicle Inn as part of a job and see what happens...

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

I just dropped my character off near Ta-Karda and I'm going to see what happens as he goes in. I haven't done this before, so I'm pretty much relying on the supposition that if I go certain places I'm bound to run in to other characters, with many thanks to Dr. O for that interaction there at the start ^_^ .

I note that your character is a cleaner, you could try dropping him at the Icicle Inn as part of a job and see what happens...

He's at the inn even now, though talking to a different person. We'll see what happens.

I'll change the warming system into the heatstone coat idea that you suggested.

Also, the Tahtorak thing was just a typo. Havoc and Calamity and Kikanalo.

EDIT:

What is going on ingame right now? Where can I jump in?

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?