Hero Factory pieces you really want that haven't been made yet

What I mean is, pieces that we have but colors that we don't have them IN yet.

Also, we're mainly discussing plates to dress your figures up with, not necessarily bone pieces.

For example, for a long while, I wanted to see the size 5 plates in orange on a Nex figure. Nex 3.0 was a big disappointment to me mainly because his weapon was one of the least interesting of the bunch, and he had no orange 5 plates. The use of silver ones just seemed lazy to me. When the 2nd Breakout Wave rolled around and I saw these pieces finally used, I wasn't going to let them be wasted on Bulk, where they'd be almost completely covered up, not when they'd look so much better on Nex who... once again was kind of a disappointment.

With this new line, Invasion from Below, we're seeing some new recolors such as size 4 dark pearl grey plates and size 5 yellow plates, and plenty of them (THANK YOU)! With the upcoming Chima Ultrabuilds, we'll be getting even more recolors, such as size 4 Metru green plates on Chi Cragger! ...But there will always be others that I wish they'd make... such as size 4 red plates. Oh, man... My revamp of Furno's Jet machine would be just right if ONLY they had that size in that color.

I do wish they'd release some sort of... expansion packs featuring armor pieces in various new colors and the underused larger sizes only seen with the likes of Drilldozer and Waspix, maybe along with bone pieces, that could be added to the main sets, in polybags an' whatnot. Hey, that's not a bad idea! Lego, get on it!

All this aside, I believe people can make and order their own new plates with the Hero builder/formerly Hero Recon Team wachamacallit, but if that's the case, it surprises me that no such pieces ever seem to be found on places like Bricklink.

What do you guys want to see? What size/color combos would be that finishing touch you just neeeeed for your own Hero Factory mocs? What pieces have you waited to see for yeeeears?

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

All this aside, I believe people can make and order their own new plates with the Hero builder/formerly Hero Recon Team wachamacallit, but if that's the case, it surprises me that no such pieces ever seem to be found on places like Bricklink

Hero Recon Team went away quite a long time ago; even when it was up, the only exclusive piece to the service was the black/silver 2.0 chestplate, which is quite the rare item these days. The Hero Builder didn't even allow you to order your creations and, to my knowledge, it's no longer hosted on the website either. The Brain Attack website update removed a lot of the old stuff... :(

Regardless, to answer the initial question, some of my most wanted pieces... probably more types of bones, honestly. New armor colors (azure plz lego) are nice, but I feel like the skeleton system could use some new bone types or, at the very least, some more colors of existing ones. This piece in... well, any other color except light gray would be kinda nice.

Alternatively, some new feet would also be welcome. It's no secret that I loathe the 2.0 foot design. It works as far as functionality is concerned but I've never been a fan of its design. The Ben 10/Raw Jaw foot piece leaves a lot to be desired even though it looks cool, and the Piraka feet can only get them so far. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy the IFB line; the Beasts' new feet are much appreciated, and the Chima constraction sets for 2014 provide some recolors for that piece. Now if we could just get some new feet for heroes all would be well with the world (although I do appreciate the re-introduction of the Stormer XL foot for this year).

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Well, dang.

I too look forward to getting my hands on those new golden foot pieces... though I'll probably just get those by themselves online rather than buy a second Laval figure.

Still, though... with the customizability of this system, it's a wonder to me that Lego hasn't released more collectables that encourage kids to fiddle around with the figures and make them even better.

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

• 2 weeks later...

I'll upload a video showing off my revamp of Furno's flying machine in march, when the sets are finally sold in the US and I can complete the darn thing with the pilot's seat. You'll see how they hold together, then.

• 3 weeks later...
Not totally sure what you mean. There are lots of other HF parts, though many of them have similar shapes textures. Are you trying to say you're tired of the same overall look for basic shells?

I don't think we desperately need shells to be redesigned with more specialized designs. If there ever is a new shell design I'd like it to remain reasonably basic, and ideally perform a different function than the existing shells.

For instance, a shell for the lower half of a torso beam that can act as a "codpiece" would be fantastic, since it would mean you could create custom-built armor solutions for the upper body without the lower body remaining so exposed. Plus a symmetrical shell like that could also possibly be used for other parts of a model like arms, legs, and shoulders. But it should have a similar smooth aesthetic, in my opinion, so that the parts remain very compatible with the shapes and textures of System and Technic parts.

Not totally sure what you mean. There are lots of other HF parts, though many of them have similar shapes textures. Are you trying to say you're tired of the same overall look for basic shells?

I don't think we desperately need shells to be redesigned with more specialized designs. If there ever is a new shell design I'd like it to remain reasonably basic, and ideally perform a different function than the existing shells.

For instance, a shell for the lower half of a torso beam that can act as a "codpiece" would be fantastic, since it would mean you could create custom-built armor solutions for the upper body without the lower body remaining so exposed. Plus a symmetrical shell like that could also possibly be used for other parts of a model like arms, legs, and shoulders. But it should have a similar smooth aesthetic, in my opinion, so that the parts remain very compatible with the shapes and textures of System and Technic parts.

I mean they've used that same piece in pretty much every set since the new building system was started. Remember in BIONICLE and early HF series when there were several types of arm and leg coverings, but now it's the same piece on every figure, give or take spikes here and there. I'm sure there are other shapes they can make that fit the same function, but give variety at least.