The Legend of the Thirteenth Island!

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Rilvi (Deserted Island)

"Well, I guess there's no harm in telling you" I replied with a noncommittal shrug.

"I've always been living here, out on the fringes of society and such. I used to be a fisherwoman, you know. It wasn't a lot of fun but it put food on the table. I'd always enjoy swimming, though, and one day I found a Toa Stone at the bottom of a lake" I told him.

"I'd always been the helpful sort, I guess, for it didn't take long for me to figure out this little business venture I have now. You can't imagine what it's like, to run across the endless blue expanse out there, with the sun in your neck and land on the horizon..."

I trailed off, smiling.

"That's the life"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Haki (Deserted Island)

Haki took a thoughtful swig at his water-rum bottle. "I see." He said. "Ye' be' one of them freed'em lov'in types. I understand that quite well indeed. Ya' see, most persons seem ta' think that a ship be nu'thin but wood and sails. But I know bett'ar. Ya' see, a ship gives ya' ta' 'bility ta' go any wheres ya' des'ars. That me girl, is freedom, and that be what a ship is. Freedom. Although one can't have freedom stuck on this car'sed little islet. Can ya' git me ta' a more respectible place, needess to say, with rum?"

Edited by Toa of Anarchy
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

IC: [Zarrick]-[Off the coast of Dalarii]-[The Gauntlet of Order]

Zarrick did not know how much damage the second volley did, but Zarrick let go of the mist-ball and manipulated the gravity of the water around the ship, increasing it. Half the Nightmare's projectiles suddenly plummeted into the the water surrounding the Gauntlet.

The half of the remainders missed due to the odd angle of attack, but several rockets hit. The Gauntlet lost control for a few seconds, pushed by the explosive force of the rockets, but the helmsman Rahkshi managed to get under control again.

Zarrick controlled the mist by increasing gravity on s straight line from the mist-ball to the area between the two ships, allowing the mistvto spread like a wall. Zarrick ordered the ship to get underway and it pushed forward behind the screen, and swung outwards, starboard facing to prow of the Nightmare.

"Fire!" A third volley screamed through the air towards the Nightmare.

OOC: I hope More Fierce than Fire remembers that he hadn't registered damage fr the second volley yet. :P

Speaking of him, where is he?

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

Speaking of him, where is he?

I was giving Zakaro a chance to post. If poor old Kras is going to be stuck on the ship I feel I should give him something to do :P

IC: Zarrick's decision to try and halt the Nightmare by putting the Gauntlet in its path was perhaps not as well-thought out as he believed. It meant his bulkier and less manoeuvrable ship had to both turn the ninety degrees needed to present its side guns and then push forward to block the pirate vessel. Meanwhile the Nightmare, simply trying to flank the Gauntlet, just needed to push forward. And for all its deceptive crags and angles the Nightmare was the much more agile ship. Zarrick's second round of projectiles flew wild, missing their target as the Gauntlet span futilely in its circle even as the Nightmare surged to meet it.

Zarrick's second volley, from the starboard, met a similar fate, through a combination of the Nightmare's movement and the mist wall obscuring his own gunners' aim. There was a reason LaYarteb had illusions projected to give his men something to aim at after all.

Speaking of the good captain, he was at the helm of his vessel, thinking his next moves through. It was clear his opponent was a bit headstrong and over-confident. Probably thought he had to advantage in firepower, given how he'd rushed to try and bring it straight to bear. But that was his undoing as he'd failed to take into account the fact that his enemy might move, and had lost the advantage of positioning. The Nightmare was free to run circles round him, steadily gnawing away at his ship until it sank around him. That would be step one: keep moving. The Brotherhood captain was clearly fond of his guns, so there was reason to believe he had enough of them to do some damage, and that he shouldn't be allowed to bring them to bear. which led to step two: take out the sails. No sails meant no power, leaving any ship dead in the water. For this LaYarteb signalled the team of fire Toa that had bombarded the docks earlier. There was clearly someone on the enemy ship with gravity powers, judging by how the mist had been swept up into a vortex, and fire was tricky to foil with that kind of power. It had no mass, so was largely resistant to any chicanery with gravity. You had to use ridiculous levels of power, and use just as much willpower to prevent undue effects like miniature black holes, so anyone trying would exhaust themselves very quickly both physically and mentally.

So as the Nightmare in Daylight pushed through the mist wall several bio from where Zarrick had guessed it would be, emerging at the Gauntlet's stern, the first thing the Brotherhood crew were greeted with were jets and gouts of scarlet fire shooting from the pirate ship at their masts

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Oh, I see. XD

IC: [Zarrick]-[Off the coast of Dalarii]-[The Gauntlet of Order]

If Zarrick had visible emotions, he would have been impressed. But he was not surprised in any case. This was the most powerful captain on the Southern Seas, after all.

The rear Crystal Launchers automatically fired at point-blank range. This close, the Impact Crystal Launchers would not easily miss, and since the fire was directed at the masts the crystals were unlikely to be incinerated before they hit.

Zarrick ordered, "Combat group four! Attack the Toa! Group three, disable their cannons!"

Two of the four Chain Lightning Rahkshi on board scrambled to the rear and fired Chain Lightning at the Toa just across on the Nightmare. One of the Heat Vision Rahkshi on the top deck heard its orders and unleashed twin eyebeams that cut through and burned the Nightmare's masts.

Meanwhile, the Gauntlet's masts were burning as well, but the ship continued sailing, since it used engines and rudder.

OOC: ah, didn't realize you were waitin' on me. :P I'll keep that in mind more. :P

IC: Kras (Gunnery Deck)

Even as the Matoran heard wood becoming splinters around him, perhaps less worse than it sounded, Kras yelled out for another volley and himself aimed for low in the other ship, and yet in the middle, hoping to disable some steering by landing a shot there.

"Poril'o! Cool this down a bit!"

The name was that of one of the few Ice wielders on the Nightmare, specifically the one who resided on this deck for the very purpose Kras needed. Overheating could and would be disastrous.

And yet Kras held his grin. Explosions!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Ah yes, now LaYarteb felt he had the measure of this Brotherhood captain. A man of bombast and brawn, but little skill or intellect in how to use either. Not only was his Rahkshi attack on the Nightmare's sails an obvious attempt at simply mimicking LaYarteb's own tactic, but it had been performed with less actual use. Crystal Launchers were not a destructive weapon, they created growing cocoons that imprisoned and immobilised. Mounted on a ship's stern like that they were probably for stopping any pursuing ship, covering it in a glacier of crystal that ruined its hydrodynamics. Firing them at the masts just covered them in a layer of crystal that made it even harder for his heat vision Rahkshi to burn through them.

The fact that he had done nothing to actually douse the fire on his own masts, even if his lightning had killed or incapacitated the fire Toa causing it, suggested he didn't actually understand the reasons for the attack either. The sails weren't just for catching wind, they were great leaves that gathered energy from the sun. They were his ship's power source. With them rapidly being turned into more ash then leaf, his ship would be left completely immobile. If this was the best Zaverian had to send against them, they were in no trouble yet.

The Nightmare circled round like a two-finned shark cutting through the water, taking up a position diagonally from the Gauntlet to avoid the bulk of its stern and port guns.

"Tell Kras to fire at the ship's hull around the waterline," the villainous Vortixx told a runner, "I want it taking in water. They'll try to get away when they realise their power's running low, and I want them moving as slow as possible when they do."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I don't think the Lorax is going to post.

[iC - Jelarax] - [Dalarii]

Content that his last attack was apparently succesful, Jelarax placed his telekinesis powers on both himself and the Brotherhood ship which was now in the waters. His salvation, it seemed, had come. Succesfully creating a telekinetic "line", he then reeled himself in rapidly towards the ship, creating a telekinetic buffer below and a push behind was well to grant him a rapid speed which dragged him near the water. Once he neared the ship, he slowed down and rose, immediately flashing a sign as a Brotherhood agent to stave any hostilities.

"Hold your attack. I'm the Brotherhood agent stationed here." he said. He landed himself on the ship, saying, "And you appear to be in need of some assistance."

He raised his hand towards the Nightmare, and released a number of powerful telekinetic force bolts meant to grow in power as they travelled, targeted at the hull of the ship.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC:

The fact that he had done nothing to actually douse the fire on his own masts, even if his lightning had killed or incapacitated the fire Toa causing it, suggested he didn't actually understand the reasons for the attack either. The sails weren't just for catching wind, they were great leaves that gathered energy from the sun. They were his ship's power source. With them rapidly being turned into more ash then leaf, his ship would be left completely immobile.

I'm a big fat derp.

IC: [Zarrick]-[Dalarii]-[The Gauntlet of Order]

The Toa of Magnetism nodded to the tall Haeron and turned to his flaming masts. He had neglected put them out at first since he had a secondary but dangerous power source in the form of Plasma. Now that the Haeron was picking up the slack, he shouted, "Rudder left! Bow Gunner aim two blasters for their gunners on deck, fire at their waterline fire on my mark." Both ships were now converging at a 30-degree angle, with the Gauntlet turning inwards.

"Combat Group Two! Put out those fires now!" Four Rahkshi of Hunger surrounded appeared and activated their flight powers. Zarrick used his magnetism to toss several nail-lined barrels to them to collect water and douse the flame.

Both ships were very close now. The Nightmare was bigger and better at ramming, so Zarrick hoped to avoid that by-

"Fire!" The Four Cordak Blasters built into the bow of the ship opened fire in rapid succession.

OOC: Anyone seen Zakaro?

IC: LaYarteb had taken his attack at a skewed angle specifically to avoid the Gauntlet's guns. And it didn't help that Zarrick was trying to hit a ship that was around his rear with guns mounted up front, forcing his ship to go round and round while the Nightmare was hammering away at him. Holes were appearing in the Gauntlet's hull all along its waterline as the pirate ship bombarded it, water flowing in through the breaches.

The captain himself decided to make a move, firing a heavily charged rhotuka at one of the Rahkshi attempting to rescue the sails. Distracted by its firefighting efforts it had no time to dodge or use its abilities to drain the energy wheel, and was hit by its full force. The creature became so charged with opposing magnetic forces that its armour flew apart, impaling the slug inside with dozens of shards.

As a couple of the cordak from Zarrick's mad spin gouged more chunks out of the Nightmare's hull, and the ship rocked from Jelerax's force bolts, LaYarteb decided it was time to start high tailing it. He could probably win this fight, but he'd get beat up in the process and who knew if there were more reinforcements on their way. The Sons of Krim had had their harbour wrecked, and this one Brotherhood vessel would need some serious patching, so overall the day had been a win. LaYarteb could live with that. The Nightmare started moving, putting on full speed northwards. No sense in leading the Brotherhood back to their hideout on Morcka, they could lose them at the Triplets

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:

Don't mind me, just derping about in with my head in the clouds >.<

it's normal

My apologies, I managed to convince myself that I had already replied to the current topic somehow

so yeah

whoops

IC: Kras (Gunnery Deck)

"Good work men, keep 'em ready if need be! Fire off one last blast from the sternmost Blasters and we'll cool 'em down."

The Ta-Matoran himself is grinning a little more than usual, quite happy at the explosions he's caused today. It had been a good run, he decided. A very good day and run.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: The Kaitai sat in the water, between the triplet islands. Aukume sat in it's living quarters, writing down possible ways to get some funds for ship improvements. He hadn't been catching many fish, and no one wanted to have him ship anything. He also hadn't heard of any ships that might have interesting items he could buy or 'acquire'. But he still had some ideas about what he could do. He decided to get his plasma cannon and have some target practice, only to remember he needed to fix it's increasingly worse overheating problem. So he went out on his ship's open deck, and sat there staring at the ocean. He wasn't like some who feared,revered, or even loved it;He just regarded it as there, not an ally or an enemy.

OOC: open for interaction

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

IC: Rilvi (Deserted Island->Triplets)

As I jetted across the water, I wondered how I was going to convince whomever I ran into to come with me to pick up Haki. I wasn't exactly unpopular about the Triplets, sure, but I also didn't know anyone in particular, and hereabouts that usually helps. It's sort of comes with the territory when everyone you know is a pirate.

I arrived at the Triplets, and before I knew it I was abuzz with the activity and noise around me. The three large coastal settlements completely encircling all three islands was a usual one of the mot chaotic things you'd ever see in your lifetime: Rickety, haphazard buildings shot into the sky with no planning, expansions and whole neighborhoods were rapidly slapped together, seeming held together by a combination of mindless optimism, some glue and a stroke of luck, and there were people just... everywhere.

I set a course for the calm lake between the three islands, where I quickly came across a small ship where a Toa in Different Shades of Gray was standing observing the waters.

"Hey," I called to him, "how's it going?"

OOC: That's Aukume

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aukume noticed the toa of water who had shown up by him and spoken to him. "Hello there," he looked at them a bit more, looking to see if they hid a weapon. "I'm okay, but how are you?"

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........

IC: Rilvi (Triplets)

I saw the lenses on his Akaku whirr, telling me that he was checking me out.

Well, probably not, he was probably checking to see if I had anything hidden on my person, not "checking me out" as it were. Shame.

With a quick bout of elemental manipulation I rose from the water and onto the deck of his ship.

"Well, there was something I could use help with. There's a guy stranded on a deserted island out there that I promised to find a ship for. Are you available?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aukume

Aukume, satisfied that she was safe, and fairly nice looking, decided to help. "Sure, just tell me what way I should go. Also, you may want to hold on to something".He then began to focus on the controls of his magnetic steering system. "Ready?"

3018587.png

IC: Rilvi (Triplets)

I winked at him with my one good eye.

"Just try to keep up, will you?"

I ran forth, taking a spectacular dive into the relatively shallow water.

As I broke the surface, I activated my Kakama, channeling the power into my legs as I instantly began zipping across the water.

I didn't run quite as fast as usual, though, so Aukume could keep up.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Aukume went after her, managing to remain close behind. He was more focused on steering, but he did love the fact his boat was mostly hands-free. He wondered if this was a trap, but decided it was most likely not, as she seemed sincere.

3018587.png

IC: Aukume, Deserted Island

He moved his ship close to the shore and dropped anchor. He did another look around with his Akaku, and satisfied it was safe, waved to the new person on the shore

3018587.png

IC: Tahukan [The Valiant]-[Leaving Xeros]

I looked behind me to see the island for a final time, I had stayed there for little over a week but in that time I had grown to be known by many so many as the brotherhood had become more then interested in the blacksmith who's weapons glowed with power. As I sailed farther away I checked my map, I decided on the triplets as a location of Interest. "who knows maybe there will be treasure" I laughed at the idea and threw my arms back, jetting away.

OOC: Open for interaction

:voyanui:

• 4 weeks later...