BIONICLE Mafia: Karda Nui Nightwatch

Art Vandelay

BIONICLE MAFIA: KARDA NUI NIGHTWATCH

As usual, all was silent in the Stalactite Village of Karda Nui. My, how boring, thought Tanma.
Suddenly, a ferocious screech disrupted the silence. The sky turned dark as a winged warrior dive-bombed the village, landing with a thump in the town square. A vicious stinger adorned her warped Kanohi, perfectly complimenting her four sharp claws, which dripped with acid.

The Av-Matoran scrambled for cover as Gorast arrived. She folded her wings and cackled manically. From a pouch attached to her armor, the Makuta retrieved a glowing orange pod, which she hurled towards a nearby building. Tanma dodged out of the way, and ran for his life. The pod shattered on impact, releasing four squirming blue Shadow Leeches. Immediately afterwards, Gorast withdrew another Tridax Pod and threw this one as well. Eight Shadow Leeches now attached themselves to Matoran around the square. All was going as planned.

In a hut nearby, Tanma grasped an ancient Toa Stone and closed his eyes. He knew this was the time. The villagers needed him, and it was his chance to be a hero.
The Av-Matoran yelled as his body became surrounded by energy, which whirled up and expanded around him, then dissipated all at once. Gone was the little Matoran; in his place stood a tall and regal Toa, clad in armor of green and gold, wearing a Great Miru and holding a mighty sword. Tanma ducked through the door of the hut and walked past the guards, returning to the village square, where he heard the screams of his fellow Matoran and the cackles of Gorast, who turned towards him as he approached.

"Ah, a Toa? Fantastic, a real fight for once!"
Tanma didn't speak. Instead he replied by turning around and firing a few beams of light towards a group of Av-Matoran that had Shadow Leeches on them. The Leeches squeaked as they shriveled and burnt, falling off of the Matoran, who scrambled for safety once more. However, five other Matoran across the square had already been converted by the Leeches, and they ran off into the shadows behind Gorast.
Tanma stepped forward. The Makuta ahead of him smiled and poised her claws to strike.
The new Toa of Light grinned and raised his sword. This was going to be fun.

Gorast charged, firing a blast of laser vision at Tanma as she ran. The Toa blocked the attack with his blade, then swung his sword, batting back the attacking Makuta. The strikes and parries continued; Tanma dodged a few blasts of plasma, then lunged forward with his sword outstretched, knocking Gorast back. He then took a defensive stance as his mask began to glow.
The new Toa of Light rose into the air as he activated his Miru. He gritted his teeth and dropped his sword, charging up a ball of light between his palms.
To counter, Gorast summoned a series of illusions; there were seven Gorasts surrounding Tanma. They all chuckled evilly, looking up at the weaponless Av-Toa.

Before Gorast could finish creating the illusions, however, Tanma fired a concentrated laser into the center of her chest. The six illusionary Makuta flickered out of existence as a sizzling hole appeared in the original's armor.
Tanma's feet reached the ground as Gorast's armor fell empty to the dirt. Antidermis swirled from the hole in the armor, but was quickly destroyed by the Toa's beam.

Not far away, Icarax and Mutran watched as Gorast was defeated. The former growled and pounded a fist into the wall. "How could we allow this to happen?"
Mutran simply shrugged. "I don't know."
"What else is new?"
"Funny. Although I may not how he managed to kill Gorast, I do know how to deal with him, and the other Matoran..." He then explained what he was planning in a hushed voice.
Satisfied with his insane assistant's intent, Icarax nodded. "Excellent." The village would be nothing beneath the force of the Brotherhood.

In the night, Mutran landed in the town square. Five Kra-Matoran walked out to meet him. He tapped Vican on the shoulder, then Kirop, then Gavla. Mutran then began to walk away, and the chosen three followed him. Radiak and Vultraz began to follow as well, but Mutran turned and stopped them.
"No, no... you stay here."
"Why? Are we not chosen to serve you?"
"Quite incorrect, actually. You are simply chosen for something a little more interesting than the other three." Saying this, the mad scientist raised a hand towards the two red Matoran, and his eyes began to glow. They screamed as their minds were altered, then fainted. Mutran and the other three Matoran took off into the night.
Later, when Radiak and Vultraz awoke, they remembered nothing of the previous twenty-four hours. The two definitely normal Av-Matoran glanced at each other and hurriedly scrambled out of the town square.

Elsewhere, Tanma sharpened his sword, preparing for the battles ahead. The guards might fall. He might even die. He didn't care. The skies are dark, but we will not surrender.

Story

A trio of Makuta recently descended on an innocent village, transforming five Matoran into their own dark minions. Two of these Matoran had their memories wiped and believe that they are still normal villagers, while the other three have joined the Makuta in their lair. The rest of the Matoran are wary and nervous in light of these new threats. Luckily, they have three defenders: the guards, stoic defenders of the village, and the recently-transformed Toa Tanma, who immediately proved his worth by killing Makuta Gorast. This struggle of light and shadow, good and evil, takes place in one of the universe's most vital locations: Karda Nui.

Players

1. Punished Snake Guard ("Kane-Ra"); killed on night 8 by Mutran
2. XONAR
3. A Vox in a Box Matoran; lynched on day 7
4. Zakaro Radiak
5. MaliceGhost Matoran; lynched on day 2
6. Toa Lhikevikk Gavla
7. young sinatra Mutran
8. Pupwa21 Matoran; killed on night 7 by Mutran
9. Canis Lycaon Matoran; killed on night 5 by Vultraz
10. Norik of Gielinor Kirop; killed by Tanma on night 6
11. Pulsating Explosive Matoran; killed on night 1 by Vican
12. -JL- Matoran; lynched on night 8
13.1. Unit#phntk#1 Matoran; killed on night 6 by Radiak
14. Onarax Matoran; killed on night 8 by Mutran
15. Ehks Icarax
16. Dapper-Kun
17. Baltarc Guard ("Muaka"); lynched on day 6
18. -Blade- Matoran; killed on night 8 by Radiak
19. Rahkshi Guurahk Matoran; lynched on day 3
20. Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons Vultraz; killed by Tanma on night 5
21. Falcon Lord Tanma; killed on night 7 by Mutran
22. Zero: Maverick Hunter Vican; killed by Tanma on night 4
23. Sinclair
24. Taka Nuvia Matoran; lynched on day 6
25. Regenerated ShadowVezon Matoran; killed on night 3 by Kirop

EDIT: To avoid confusion, I should probably explain the day/night cycle. The introductory scene is Day 1. The first night in-game is Night 1. The first in-game day, therefore, is Day 2. Hopefully this doesn't confuse you too much.

Rules

1. Regular BZP Rules apply to this game.
2. One change in vote is allowed per round. When changing your vote, you must say who you are changing from, to avoid confusion.
3. Roles will have two days to PM me each night. Likewise, two days will be given to vote upon each scene.
4. It is expected that all players work towards the goals of their own faction, not betray their sides. If you do not follow this rule, I shall be very disappointed in you, and might be inclined to enact revenge upon you in later games.
5. As I am not a Premier Member, all group PMs will need to be created by you folks. If you're not Premier and you want a group PM, you'll have to get someone outside of the game to do it. (I still recommend that you add me to these PMs, in case you need to ask me questions or offer cryptic and deliberately misleading hints, et cetera.) My apologies for any inconvenience.

Roles

Matoran (15) - These are regular Matoran, trying valiantly to survive the constant attacks by the Brotherhood each night. They have no special powers.

Guards (2) - A pair of brave Av-Matoran who watch over the village alongside the Toa of Light. Together the guards act as a Detective, and can investigate one player each night. (If one guard dies, the other carries on the job by himself.) However, the guards must be careful: if they investigate a Sleeper Agent, then the Sleeper Agent is automatically activated, joining the Brotherhood. (If the guards investigate a Sleeper Agent, it will still be activated regardless of whether or not the Brotherhood chooses to kill or activate that night.)

Toa of Light (1) - Formerly an average Av-Matoran, Tanma gained the power of a Toa and became the strongest protector of the village, destroying Makuta Gorast prior to the start of the game. The Toa of Light acts both as a Pyro and a Medic; each night he can choose to either kill or protect one player.

Icarax (1) - Possibly the most powerful player in the game, this Makuta is the leader of the Brotherhood in Karda Nui, sending the corrupted Matoran out to kill each night. Icarax himself cannot be sent to kill until all of his allies are dead (including Sleeper Agents), and is invincible until that point. Each of his votes counts for two during the day.

Kra-Matoran (3) - Kirop, Gavla, and Vican used to be noble Av-Matoran, but were corrupted by Shadow Leeches at the hands of Gorast. Now they serve Icarax, sent each night to kill one of their former allies.

Mutran (1) - This insane Makuta is Icarax's right hand in the Brotherhood. Mutran can be sent to kill like the Kra-Matoran, but he can kill two Matoran a night and receives a shortened suspect list. (Mutran's two-kill ability does not include or allow Sleeper Agent activations.)

Sleeper Agents (2) - These Av-Matoran, Radiak and Vultraz, were subconsciously reprogrammed by Mutran prior to the start of the game, and believe themselves to be regular Matoran. At night, however, the Brotherhood can choose to activate a Sleeper Agent instead of killing someone. Upon being activated, the Sleeper Agent becomes a Kra-Matoran, joins the Brotherhood, and begins acting as a regular Brotherhood member. If Mutran and the three normal Kra-Matoran are dead, and a Sleeper Agent remains unactivated, they will be activated automatically.

Roles will be decided by random number generator, so there will be no favoritism in terms of who does or does not get which roles. :)

Good luck, play well, have fun. Let's hope I don't screw this up. ;)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Betting that means I still get a medic-related role somehow. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

25. Also, technically, I'm one of the Kra-Matoran no matter what side I'm on, due to backstory related stuff. It'd be hilarious if I was a Sleeper Agent.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Wait, I have the Necronomicon? Since when?

EDIT: If you mean I can have an AU version, though, I accept your gift.

Edited by Regenerated ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

You might be thinking of Canis trapping me in the Necronomicon back in Southern Retribution. Said Necronomicon is currently as far away from real me's location as it can be moved to. Currently, I have another black magic powered necromancy item. It's a bit bigger though, a bit more Cauldrony.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy