• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

PBZP V: The Shadow of Reality

PBZP Vortixx Warrior

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 13-February 09
  • 696 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 07:34 PM

This PBZP was requested by Voxumo (Vox in a Box) a while ago. I completed the MOC on the night he requested it. But for some reason, everytime I tried to take photos of it, something would go wrong. And I mean Every.Single.Time!! One time I took over 40 pics, all of which were useless due to repulsive lighting and no adequate backdrop to take photos against. The other time, I had just started Christmas Holidays and was about to head for London when I decided to take photos. Of course, those were rushed, and unusable yet again. This time, however, I would not let the circumstances get in the way. So I bought enough lights, made a reasonable lightbox and took the photos. They're not super-wow but...enough blabbering, I'll take you straight to the MOC!

12259440095_2453faaf51.jpg

< Back Shot (cool pose as well :P) >

< Action Pose! Ready to take you down! >

< Close-up Shot >

< Hand >

< Legs >

The photoset

Voxumo asked for a white and black Vortixx-type character, with accents of gold and some dark grey. He also asked for armblades and an axe-like weapon. 

I really like this MOC. The original version was finished up quite quickly, but had a weak waist construction so I had to revise that part. This, however, involved rebuilding the whole torso, because the way the waist was built had a ball joint that wasn't secured in place, and thus required an axle with an end-stop to seal it in place. This idea only came to me after a couple months of keeping the MOC with a flimsy upper body. Anywho. Apologies for Voxumo, who had to wait ages and ages for me to upload this creation. I hope you like it! 

Let me know what you think. C&C is always welcome!

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei, Feb 01 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#2 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,040 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 09:56 PM

I have to admit this is pretty amazing. I mean it is far better than i had imagined it would be in my mind. I love the use of the gold blades as arm blades and the 'Battle Axe' is rather impressive in of itself. 

At first glance the legs seem a bit wide apart but upon closer inspection they actually look far better. I am also surprised by the sturdiness of the waist as shown in the pictures. Quite great.

Also that is rather funny in a way that something went wrong every time you tried to take pictures... That seems to happen alot when i am indirectly involved. But none the less the wait was well worth it and i thank you again. Now to find a place for this in the BZPRPG, Since that was my original plan for it.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Darvin-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Self-Proclaimed Lord of Ice Picks

#3 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 13-February 09
  • 696 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 09:59 PM

I have to admit this is pretty amazing. I mean it is far better than i had imagined it would be in my mind. I love the use of the gold blades as arm blades and the 'Battle Axe' is rather impressive in of itself. 

At first glance the legs seem a bit wide apart but upon closer inspection they actually look far better. I am also surprised by the sturdiness of the waist as shown in the pictures. Quite great.

Also that is rather funny in a way that something went wrong every time you tried to take pictures... That seems to happen alot when i am indirectly involved. But none the less the wait was well worth it and i thank you again. Now to find a place for this in the BZPRPG, Since that was my original plan for it.

Quite ironic. I am so relieved that you like it. Thank you, and sorry again for not posting it sooner. 

:tohu:

#4 Offline Kimiko Kusanagi

Kimiko Kusanagi
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,813 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 07:40 AM

This is a pretty nice MOC. It carries the same proportion problem as Sevla (legs too long for the torso) but to a lesser extent, so it really doesn't look too bad here at all. :) Good work on the color scheme too.
Voxumo, will this eventually be your Bionifight avatar? :P

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#5 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,040 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 08:08 AM

This is a pretty nice MOC. It carries the same proportion problem as Sevla (legs too long for the torso) but to a lesser extent, so it really doesn't look too bad here at all. :) Good work on the color scheme too.
Voxumo, will this eventually be your Bionifight avatar? :P

Hmmm.. i never thought of that actually but maybe.. I know it will definitely be a BZPRPG character of mine. Thing is i am a bit partial to my current avatar given this one's lack of tail.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Darvin-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Self-Proclaimed Lord of Ice Picks

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users