Review: The LEGO Movie - A Second Look

I wasn't the only one to attend an early screening of The LEGO Movie. BZPower Blog Assistant Ta-metru_defender has also seen the movie and has a lot of thoughts to share. In case you're still on the fence, he's provided another take on the film to help you decide if you should head to the theater on February 7th. Read on!

View the full article

I don't think I've read one bad review about this movie. (Though this is only the third review I've read on it, but oh well) I'm really glad that this movie is good. I may go see it if I get the chance.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Thank you for another great review, Ta Metru. My youngest brother (also a lego fan) has demanded I take him to the movie this weekend, and since I am just as psyched to see it as he is, we may end up seeing it on opening day.

I don't think I've read one bad review about this movie. (Though this is only the third review I've read on it, but oh well) I'm really glad that this movie is good. I may go see it if I get the chance.

I think at this point a final score in the 90+ percentile on Rotten Tomatoes is very, very likely. You heard me right, not just the best score of a movie based on a toy that isn't Toy Story, but critical acclaim of such a level that most films would kill for.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Likewise, I've been keeping an eye on Rotten Tomatoes and such, eager to see what other outlets thought about it. Thus far it's been overwhelmingly positive. Score.

SO MUCH HYPE I HAD BETTER GET TO SEE IT FRIDAY

YES YOU MUST BECAUSE I WILL TOO YES YES YES

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Thanks for this review, I'm really glad to hear it actually is everything I could hope for. What do you think the odds are for a sequel?

Got my ticket for my local Thursday night showing, my one wish is that it were also available in IMAX. 3D's gonna have to do, I suppose.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Thanks for this review, I'm really glad to hear it actually is everything I could hope for. What do you think the odds are for a sequel?

A few sites are reporting that Warner Bros. is interested in developing a sequel, but it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Most likely the box office will tell all.

Wait so, there's a Bionicle reference? What is it so I know what to look for?

From the other thread:

Okay fine, spoilers ahead...

There's a part where Vitruvius is describing how the LEGO world used to be until Lord Business put up walls between the different lands to separate them. At one point, he starts listing different lands and one of them is Bionicle. You briefly see one of the classic pictures of the Toa Mata before he moves on to the next land.

It may be noted that

it is VERY brief. I would estimate around 1/3 of a second. So make sure you don't blink.

Thanks for the review, TMD! Glad to see the film's getting such a positive response from fans and critics alike.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Great review though, TMD. Looking forward to the movie and the inevitable rants essays that come out of it. =P

There's one up now, next week's should touch on it, one I have planned for a couple weeks for now is gonna explore The Hero's Journey through it.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

One was greenlit, which kinda bothers me because it doesn't really leave room for one that could match its magic.

Wait so, there's a Bionicle reference? What is it so I know what to look for?

Don't blink during Wyldstyle's infodump.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky