PIRAKA COMICS

Nathan Evo

This looks interesting and generally funny. :D Do you have any longer story arcs in mind or they will be more of a one-timers?

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Oh my gosh, this is awesome. I like the really tight casting decision, too; it's so much easier to keep track of characters when there are fewer of them! And adding onto what Stroxx said, I would love to see some longer arcs develop! :) Keep at it! I can't wait for more!

Edited by mk7.13

My reaction to this beauty has my mind gravitating towards a famous passage from internation New York Times bestseller, The King James Bible, specifically John 11:35: "Jesus wept."

Now, I may not be a middle-aged first-century Jewish man recognized by future religions as a messianic and deitic figure, but the tears I cry at the majesty of this masterpiece are as strong as Yeshua's. The wit, the mastery of form, the framing, the impeccable "hip-hop rap" style banter so popular with the kids these days - it's breathtakingly sharp. BAC is the dadadist darling of comic art; this is the pointed pastiche of the piraka phenomenon. That you could so deeply tap into the corporate an cultural underpinnings of the whole subculture is astounding.

I nominate you as the voice of this, the Year of Our Lord 2006. May you comics continue their beauty well into 2007.

• Upvote 11
bring back "an cool dude"

Hey, another Photocomic! And it features Piraka! And the third comic is a funny parody of the Voya Nui Online Game!

I think I may have to keep reading this series as new comics are made.

Also, you have Irnakk. I think I may have to come to your house and steal it from you. :P

• Upvote 1

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Gerlicky is back! I always liked your old picture comics.

Anyway, these comics are great, humor is good, artwork (the photography I mean) is nice and nice alternative to sprites; the episodic nature of the comics is cool enough.

Hope, PIRAKA comics becomes more popular on BZPower and that you keep on making them.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the best thing in this board, hands down.

Wow some high praise for this very high not that they aren't good but what makes them in your opinion the "Best In The Board"

Erm, you might want to be a bit less...caustic.

Especially considering something that you yourself posted:

These Are Really Good I Like The Fact Its All Skakdi It Makes It More Interesting Then Toa Photo Comics Keep It Up Mate!

People are entitled to their opinions. You can't really say someone is "wrong" when it's something objective.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

These are awesome. I don't think I can describe how much I like these with out gawking in awe at the pure awesomeness before me. Here we go.

I've love comedies centered around the Piraka. As the first medium-scale set villains who were individuals instead of a whole army it gave them time for character development and I freaking love their characters. They're so chaotic that they usually always lend into a perfect comedy, which this is the epitome of.

It's quite nostalgic to see these sets again. Especially Hakann, my first Bionicle set.

Oh, and that 'Toa of Anarchy' reference XD. I still love that.

This is the best thing in this board, hands down.

Wow some high praise for this very high not that they aren't good but what makes them in your opinion the "Best In The Board"

Erm, you might want to be a bit less...caustic.

Especially considering something that you yourself posted:

These Are Really Good I Like The Fact Its All Skakdi It Makes It More Interesting Then Toa Photo Comics Keep It Up Mate!

People are entitled to their opinions. You can't really say someone is "wrong" when it's something objective.

i was afraid i might have worded that incorrectly Sorry :( don't get me wrong there very good i was just curious as to why he said that was all again i'm sorry i didn't mean for it to be rude, Gerlicky has done a great job with his PIRAKA COMICS and i as a person have no objections to Sarrcen's comment i was just curious as to why he said that i'm sorry if i have offended you Sarracen. And i most surely agree with you on that Kopeke.

-Tahukan TTVM

:voyanui:

• 1 month later...

Quite possibly my favorite of the group. The jokes are still as fresh and hilarious as ever. The part with Dekar/Hydraxon was a stroke of pure genius.

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of the few funnies which actually made me chuckle. High praise, coming from me.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

These are pretty awesome.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge