Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC: Frieza - Xa-koro -"Well, I must leave you two then...I just remembered I have important business elsewhere." And with that Frieza walked away.After a while we found a small raft, he decided to just take it, the little matoran who it belonged too could stop him anyway. He began to sail down the river and toward the ocean, keeping to the shore line. OOC: Frieza to Ga-Wahi.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Yep, we need to go somewhere wtih action. Nothing much happening here.IC: Rockosis simply stared at the mass of fire and ash that was Xa-koro. "Okay, we need to find another repair port. Doesn't Po-koro have one?" he asked. "We're doing fine for now, but we really need repairs."-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Yep, we need to go somewhere wtih action. Nothing much happening here.IC: Rockosis simply stared at the mass of fire and ash that was Xa-koro. "Okay, we need to find another repair port. Doesn't Po-koro have one?" he asked. "We're doing fine for now, but we really need repairs."-Bane

IC (Tooroko): "Right you are. agreed Tooroko and swung the ship around, givingnthe burning village a wide berth. "Po-wahi is at the other end of the island" the Vortixx thought out loud. "We might be able to get there, or we might not. Its a very long way to sail. Le-wahi would be the closest, and short of going back to Ga-koro, they're probably the best with boats. I've heard that its almost as wet. Is there anything special you would like to do in Po-koro?"IC (Pukena): Pukena doused yet another burning house before sitting down on a treestump, exhausted. Looking back towards the destroyed docks, she saw a ship coming in to land, but then veering away. Fair call she thought. I wouldn't want to come to a place like this either.

ppg2.png

OOC: Interestingly enough, I have another char in Le-koro, getting ready to try to destroy the Nui-Rama hive there.IC: Rockosis podered this for a moment, "What was I thinking! Anyway, I like Le-koro. Visiting the treetops is always fun. If it's okay, Captain, I'd like to go there. What do you think?"OOC: Nothing special, just wanting you to reveal your story. Didn't you have a problem with other pirates there?

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Hey, me too! They should so team up. As for your second point, he has a problem with only one pirate, who he last saw in Po-wahi quite some time ago. However, knowing that she has a mask of quick-travel, she could be anywhere by now. She gets angry enough to kill and is kinda her ship they're on...IC (Tooroko): "Le-wahi it is then" Tooroko agreed. "It shouldn't be hard to find some wood there, what with all the trees. There's just one thing though, once we get there - if you see a purple and grey toa with a mask shaped like a hau, let me know, and start running for your life."By now, the ship was sailing steadily towards the mainland, following the plume of smoke coming from Xa-koro.OOC: Tooroko and ship to Le-wahi

ppg2.png

:kaukau: IC: (Laryn, first post)Somewhere out there was a world where the rule of 53 dominated all reason...Laryn shook his head. What was he thinking? The thought faded from his mind as soon as he began to wonder. It was like waking up from a dream and not remembering what it was, even though it was generated from his own brain several minutes ago.It seemed that all of his thoughts were irrelevant lately. How could they be anything else? He had been drifting over the sea for the past several days, stopping only to drink and catch fish out of the water. Life was hazy inside of his hammock, and thought itself seemed to vanish into oblivion.Until now.Land, ho! At long last! He almost rolled out of his hammock and fell into the sea below, but kept his place, anxious to see the land before him. Up north there were a few islets visible, and beyond them was a larger landmass. he couldn't judge how big, since a large mountain in the middle obstructed most of his vision, but it looked like a paradise from where he stood. Luckier still, a village was plainly visible on the islets approaching him, providing for an immediate drop-off point.Then he really did roll out of his hammock and held onto the netting for dear life. He didn't mind, though. It was a relief to strain his muscles after so many hours of sedimentary existence, and to feel motion jiggle through his body and blood through his veins. His mind and body were happy in unison, not connected by any straight though but merely by the pure driving force of sensation. That was too good to put into words. Sensation meant that he was alive. And so long as he was aware that he was alive, there was something worth living for.The breeze kicked into his face, waking him up further. He inhaled, bringing in massive amounts of air. It filled his lungs and burst into storms of energy inside of him, clearing out the murk of inactivity within like magma melting snow. This was going to be a good day, no matter what.When he landed on the islets in the middle of the village, he greeted the first person he met. "Great passionate tidings, I give you!" he said to an overwhelmed Matoran, shaking his hand vigorously. "I am so happy to see you. Do you know how long it's been? I've been out there for a kazoodle of months now, and this is just what I needed is some nice, fresh, air...""Shouldn't me too hard for a Toa of Air," grunted the Matoran."I know, isn't it?" exclaimed Laryn. "I mean, who would have ever thought that a Toa of Air could get sick of breathing? But I'm over it now. I mean, this air, this place! I like it here.""You're on the island of misfit toys, my friend," said the Matoran. "If you want the real action, there's a Nui Rama Swarm coming up in Le-Koro where the Island Liberation Squad is preparing for attack." He began waddling away."Hold on a minute," said Laryn, grabbing the Matoran by the top of his head and turning him around to face him again. "Where's Le-Koro?""That's the southern part of Mata Nui where the jungles are, where Toa of Air like yourself come from," said the Matoran."So this is Mata Nui!" exclaimed Laryn. He looked around and inhaled, holding his arms behind his head, turning in circles a few times, trying to take it all in. He had never seen the island, but had always heard of it. This was the place he had been trying to find for such a long time. This was the place that, after getting side-tracked several times, kept on coming back to him as his driving force, his destined destination. "Aww, man this is good. I don't know what to say. I...I really don't know what so say.""Well if you say so, I'll be willing to sell you a glider so you can see it yourself. I'd barter you one for, say, that giant metal ball you have there. It looks like it could be smelted down."""Well, I don't know, I mean - wait, did you say 'Island Liberation Squad?'" asked Laryn, remembering to look down at the Matoran once the idea dawned on him."Um, yes," said the Matoran."Cool. 'Liberation.' I like the sound of that," pondered Laryn. "How 'bout we make a deal, okay? How about I give you the ball, like you said, for one of those gliders, right? Plus a map of the island.""I don't have a map," said the Matoran. "Although I stay up-to date with the news.""Good, that will do just as well," said Laryn. "What else is there to know? How many villages are there?""Well, there's here, Xa-Koro. Then there's Le-Koro, tree village; then Ga-Koro, water village; Ta-Koro, fire village; Ko-Koro, mountain ice village; Onu-Koro, underground village of Earth; Po-Koro, desert sand and stone village...Turaga Onewa was just kidnapped from there, last I heard.""Excellent!" said Laryn. The Matoran looked around, since the reply didn't come from where the Toa of Air was standing just a minute ago. Then he looked around behind him, and saw, running out from his shop, the Toa running out with a glider already held for liftoff. "I always wanted to visit someplace dry!"And those were his last words before he flew off.Funny guy, thought the Matoran before mentally shrugging. It wasn't the oddest thing that had ever happened to him, although it was still an unconventional customer. Oh well, he had his nice large metal ball now, which would finally get him a successful barter with the Matoral of Metal down the street who sold good silverware. I do wish I got to know his name, but what on Earth is Kazoodle?Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

"Excellent!" said Laryn. The Matoran looked around, since the reply didn't come from where the Toa of Air was standing just a minute ago. Then he looked around behind him, and saw, running out from his shop, the Toa running out with a glider already held for liftoff. "I always wanted to visit someplace dry!"And those were his last words before he flew off.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: So does that mean that Laryn has left the islets, or is he still in the air above them? Oh, and he may want to notice that a sizeable part of the koro is on fire, or has been recently. There was a nutcase toa of fire who got into a fight a few pages back...IC: Pukena watched as a green, four-armed being drifted out of a pillar of smoke, only to leave again, this time on a glider. Not only did the being have more limbs than most, he did seem to be acting rather oddly (to her at least). "So not a from these parts, then" she muttered to herself. "The locals round here may do some strange things, but I haven't yet seen anything like that".Wondering what else other unusual events might follow this unususal being, she prepared to follow him into the sky. Where she had been standing one moment, tall and imposing in her spiked armour, was now nothing but a cloud of dust drifting on the breeze. The many grains of sand left by her departure followed after the glider like a swarm of insects until they had caught up to it."So, how's it going?" she asked, her voice emnating from all around. "The name's Pukena. That was quite an entrance you made into Xa-koro."

ppg2.png

:kaukau: OOC: I sort of imagined it acting independently of time in this RPG, but since you initiated an interaction, I guess I'll take it. Although I want him in Po-Koro soon.IC: (Laryn)Laryn looked back at the islets and at Xa-Koro, only just realizing that it had been on fire. Then a voice came from around him, introducing itself as Pukena."Helly Pukena, name's Laryn," he said. "Do you happen to be one of those people who can change into sand or other small particles? I've met people like you on a couple of occassions, so I'm open to the possibility."Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

IC: "Yes, that's me" the dust cloud replied. "Though you don't meet many of us around these days. You must have been to Karzhani and back to see only a few". Pukena was interested that this being might have been on her home island recently. "So, tell me, what news is there of my homeland? I've been a bit out of touch of late".

ppg2.png

Song-BloodbrandIC: A message reverberated across the Bloodbrand."Testing 1, 2, 3. Can anyone hear me?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

IC:"Gutlun... Your angel of death awaits..."The hulking Vortixx whirled around at his name, to find a hooded, Toa sized being. He instinctively lunged at it, but they were faster, slicing through his side, then grabbing a broken piece of wood and driving it into his wound. He fell to his knees, on the brink of destruction.An unconscious, likely drunk Skakdi lay nearby with a pistol, which the being took, and used to shoot Gutlun in the throat, twice, finally killing him. The being threw the empty and therefore useless pistol away, and marched off into the shadows, disappearing as quickly as they had appeared.No passer-bys cared about the bleeding corpse of a short and bulky Vortixx, for most of them would probably kill him themselves.OOC: Three down.

:kaukau: IC: (Laryn, in the air)"Well, let me think," said Laryn. "I've met three different people who could turn into sand and stuff like that. One of them was a corrupted mutated Po-Matoran. The other was a Skakdi, then there was a species that I'm unfamiliar with. I forgot to ask. I found them in Karzhani, which, as it happens, I literally went to and back. Which description do you fit?"He paused, then it occurred to him. "Wait, you meant Karzhani in the literal sense, too?"Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

IC: "That's right" Pukena smiled (or she would have if she had had a mouth. As it was only her tone of voice smiled). I'm in the third group, and we hail from the literal Karzhani. Where are you headed now? If you don't mind. I'll tag along and talk on the way."

ppg2.png

:kaukau: OOC: Actually, I did a time split and had him jump out to another place ahead of time while this conversation was taking place. Even those posts were in the past, I imagine that they were in Laryn's personal future. So yeah, I wrote those without Pukena in them. Just something to keep in mind.IC: (Laryn, in the air)"Yeah, it wasn't such a good place," said Laryn. "They were angy and didn't seem to like Toa, or at least that was the impression I was under. It must have been a prejudice that's acceptable over there. You seem to be cool with it, though."Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

OOC: I'll have her leave when lhey arrive in Po-wahi then.IC: Pukena agreed that Karzhani was not at all a nice place. "That's why I left" she explained. "Even this island is better than living there. As for not liking toa, I sort of learned to live with you guys. There are a lot of toa around this place, so I had to learn to get along. 'When on Mata nui, do as the Mata Nuians do'"Now, the two of them were flying over the strait that separated the Kumu Islets from the mainland, Pukena letting her grains drfit along in the wake of Laryn's glider.OOC: Pukena to Le-wahi

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

:kaukau: IC: (Laryn, in the air)"Yeah, I learned that lesson myself," said Laryn. "There was this one island, and it was all Ice Matoran, and they didn't take too lightly to all my talking. My friend Buzzy adapted easier, though. Speaking of which, you should meet him. He's a really great guy."Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

OOC: I hate to do this but I'm going to kill off many of my characters in the blink of an eye.IC: NPC SkakdiA lone Skakdi strode in the lonelier streets of Xa-Koro, brandishing a knife under his cloak with the savage desire to shed blood, to see the crimson liquid swim before his eyes, flowing from corpses he killed. Suddenly, he sprung out and attacked people left in right in a blur, using the confusion and speed to his advantage before being shot with an arrow in the heart.Unfortunately, as he fell dead and rejoined those he killed, seven people were dead.OOC: Laviha, Fostol, Walker, Nost, Morik, Mufik and Vilok are now dead.

IC:Compared to their trip from Po-Wahi to Ga-Wahi, the ferry-ride from there to the Kumu Islets had been especially long, a fact that had made Agni a bit anxious. He was worried that if their criminal had already known of their actions in the other villages, he might very well have somebody keeping eyes on them now, and Agni did not want their bird to flee the nest before they even got on the small islands off the coast of Mata Nui. Especially here it would be hard to track or find a criminal, as he did not know the terrain very well. That's what you get for being a city-officer, a voice in his head chuckled. Ignoring the rogue thought, the Toa of fire stepped off of their boat and onto the landing. This was not the main-island though. The ferryman had diverted straight here, due to a fire having broken out in Xa-Koro.Agni held out his hand and helped the female Toa of gravity behind him off the boat as well. They took a few steps forward, before Agni spoke: "Here we are then. What's our next step?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Valria from Kini-NuiIC: (Valria)Valria took a deep breath as she looked around, pulling her hood down as well. Part of her wished she never would to walk on this accursed island again. Telric was still out there though. As long he was still free, he would cause suffering. As she took in the island as she got used to her bearings, she thought for a few seconds."If I am guessing right, we should head northeast from here, Telric's fortress is on that end of the island. He's smart enough to keep the villa hidden despite it's rather large size. I think we should infiltrate it under the cover of night. Since there is only really two of us and I don't remember how many men and slaves he might have on hand to protect himself."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:Agni nodded. "Sounds like fun." he said, trying to add something light-hearted to the grim prospect of going up against who knows how many guards alone. "I assume Telric will have gotten news somehow of Vester's demise. Or if he hasn't he surely will know something is up if his Vortixx hasn't replied to him yet." He shrugged. "Infiltration seems like the best plan of action." The Toa of fire covered held his hand over his eyes, to get a better look at the far side of the Island. After a few seconds, he turned back to Valria. "It'll be quite a bit of walking. If we're going to do this tonight, we should start walking. If we're lucky, it'll be dusk by the time we get there."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ultra MagnusFighting. Blasts of elemental powers flying across the battlefield. An age-old war.Ultra Magnus did not want Mata-Nui to suffer the same fate as Polyhex, or Iacon, or... Or anywhere he had fought. But deep down he knew the horrors of battle showed no remorse. If it exploded on to the mainland, and full-scale war, then no one would be spared of it's fire.Both of the Toa he had been fighting with had been killed in battle against five black armoured Skakdi who wasted no time in showing their allegiance to Zeltroth and the Phantoms. Magnus had just finished dousing the flames the small village was already in, when they had attacked. Two of them remained, and it wasn't long before one was frozen and the other had pretty much every bone in his body shattered.He had to find the other Toabots, Xanthium, Wreckers, anyone. But if he went out looking for him here, would they miss him if he left for the mainland?After a few seconds of deep thought, he chose to remain in Xa-Koro. Here he could set up a small base and help rebuild the annihilated city.OOC: Ultra Magnus open for interaction. And yes, I did just put out the fire. Shoot me.

IC: Ultra Magnus"Great! Follow me then, and I'll show what I need help with."Several minutes later they arrived at a clearing on one of the other islets, one that was largely uninhabited. In the middle of the clearing stood a half-finished hut that was large enough to hold many, many Toa. Several Matoran and Toa workers stood around lifting planks and the like. These were being paid by Magnus to do this, and weren't particularly good at fighting."Behold... Tranquility Base! Actually, I'm not sure about the name. If you can think of a better one then please tell me. Anyway, I need some help building this because despite being a hut, it's pretty darn big."OOC: NPCs are for flash only, and will do nothing in a fight other than flee :P Also, sorry for the wait and slightly anti-climactic post.