Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC: Solaris circled around the Rahkshi. He knew that it was more than a match for him."Come on Kahua," he said. "I can't do this alone.""You have me," Mip said, trying to lift his axe into a ready position.Solaris smiled a moment, "As I said, Kahua, I can't do this alone."The Rahkshi was beginning to make a move. Solaris hoped he was in good enough shape to fight.

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

IC: "You're all about faces today," Solaris said, still smiling. He made a sweeping curve with his longsword, glancing off the Rahkshi's back armor, but nicking one of its spikes. He let loose a brief jolt of electricity, making the beast step back.Mip ran around the Rahkshi in circles, making pathetic attempts to strike the Rahkshi's legs.Solaris noticed the beast was lifting its staff. ZAKK! A bolt of lighting erupted, hitting Solaris, then glancing to Mip and Kahua. Chain Lightning, huh?"Have some of your own medicine!" Solaris yelled, letting another bolt of lightning roll down his sword, hitting the Rahkshi square in the chest.

IC: Solaris kept smiling, despite the painful soreness of his wounds. "Well, a face is a head, and headshots do count," Solaris said. Next, he made a swing for the neck. His sword made a satisfying clunk. He had pierced the armor. Now, all he needed to do was fry the Kraata. There was a crack as more of Solaris's elemental lightning flew down the sword, charging the Iron Sand in the Rahkshi's head.Mip finally got a hit with his axe, severing both the Rahkshi's legs. "I got him!" he yelled, raising his axe in success. Then, he realized the Kraata was dead when he scored the hit. Oh well, progress was progress."We need to get out of here," Solaris said, looking at the body. "Before more of these... things come. You know any places, Kahua?"

IC: "Well, the natural place would be Ga--ah...karz." Kahua formed a sword and shield from Iron Sand. There were two more Rahkshi. One had a spare Kraata. "This isn't gonna be fun. CURSE YOU, MAKUTA!" The Rahkshi of Chain Lightning stood again, between a Rahkshi of Gravity and a Rahkshi of Disintegration. OOC: Yeah, I picked the Rahkshi type just to make this extra fun. IC: The Disintegration Rahkshi shot Kahua's weapons, but it did nothing. They were, after all, already disintegrated. He increased the size of his shield, now able to move freely. "I'll take the blue one!" He used his mask to get in close quickly, then shoved his blade into the Rahkshi's head. He channeled his magnetism so that the parts of the Rahkshi repelled each other, forcing its head and spine to be launched out. He changed his sword into two ropes of metal, then attached the ropes to each end of the Chain Lightning Rahkshi's staff, and to the Disintegration Kraata. "Ok, this one can't attack or it fries the other Kraata! That leaves..." The answer came in the form of gravity. Kahua, Mip, and Solaris were brought to the ground. "SOLARIS! DO SOMETHING!" The Chain Lightning Rahkshi didn't care for the other Kraata, and activated its staff. Lightning had to move to the other Kraata, but it moved through the three Toa as well. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"OOC: Kahua is not losing on purpose. Keep that in mind. XD

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC:"Sorcery?" Anavel leaned back in her chair, not really knowing much of it -- she had always figured it a myth at best, though her feelings were borne from never knowing one who could use it. "I figure it a myth, but..." Anavel looked thoughtful for a moment, "if it actually exists, it'd be... something I'd find fascinating," she added. "Buuuut um, why? Nobody's ever asked that question before, so I s'pose you have... sorcery thingies?"

Ic: "Well... yes and no..." Cersei said slowly. "It is an interest of mine for years, and I've always wanted to tamper with reality with magic, but I can't do it on my own. The only things I have in sorcery are my weapons, but they are emulators and not true metaphysical tools. But sorcery is a gateway, a bridge that can connect the material I work with with the unnatural results I want. With sorcery, I could torture without contact, analyze without extracting, and mold fact with fiction. I could even swap powers and shatter souls, but as it stands, my knowledge is not enough. I yearn for more, but maybe it is someone else who will help me with that task."

IC: Solaris was shocked by the passing bolt of lighting. He knelt on the ground from the pain. When it passed, he jumped onto the Rahkshi of Gravity, who flailed his staff wildly."You can't beat me!" Solaris yelled, his eyes suddenly going wild. "I'm the most powerful being in the universe!"However false that was, the Gravity Rahkshi was preoccupied with the crazy Solaris.Mip took his chance and made another swipe at the legs of Solaris's Rahkshi. It fell to the ground, taking Solaris with it. The Toa of Electricity took his chance to open the head and fling the Kraata out to Mip, who tried to chop it in half in midair. He missed, but after a few more inept swings on the ground, he got the worm."One down," Solaris muttered, helping Kahua up.

IC: "Actually, that's all of them. Seeing how this went, I vote that when we return to the main island, we start a Rahkshi Extermination Service. We're pretty good at it." He sheathed (dissolved?) his weapons back into his can. "Let's get to shore, this place will soon be flooded with Rahkshi." Kahua made it to the shore, but the water for many feet turned green. "Poison. How excellent." He made a flail, perfect for getting around the Rahkshi's staff. "Let's do this!" He waited for his companions to reach him before striking.OOC: I'm serious about the Rahkshi Extermination. XD

Pk57sNJ.jpg

[iC: Darylhii]Darylhii sprinted through the swamps of the region, focusing on reaching his destination by nightfall. One would think that a psychopath would prefer the night to cover their tracks, but he knew of the dangers the island possessed, some of which even he could not take down. There was also the reason of the boat services to the mainland leaving only during the day.A shriek caused him to quickly duck, saving his head from a possibly fatal blow. He turned to look at what had attacked him, and saw a hideous flying rahi. It seemed as if the native mutants were rather hostile, and were also predatory as well. However, the possible predator did not realise that he too was a predator.With a smile, Darylhii leapt at the rahi, using his bare hands to grab onto it, preventing it from escaping. When the plan didn't work, the fowl ascending into the air in order to shake him off, he decided to try Plan B. Grunting, the Toa of the Green pulled as hard as he could, ripping off the creature's monstrous wings.The creature shrieked in pain, its bodily fluids spurting out from the wounds. However, it would have more important things to worry about, and it began to fall along with Darylhii.OOC: Open for interaction.

IC (Traxin, docks): The taxi boat hadn't cost too much. In fact, it hadn't cost anything, it had been stolen. Traxin the assassin saw it simply as a commandeering. As the dealers behind him roared with anger, he chuckled, the boat speeding to the mainland, in the region of Ko-Wahi.OOC: Traxin to Ko-Wahi.

Edited by wotsiznum

IC: [Septimus]The Plasma Matoran shrugged at the other being's question, showing that he didn't know any other places to sleep either. He had merely been exploring the region when he had encountered Darylhii and the Vortixx, so all he brought along was a tent and some food."Don't know any other places to sleep," he said. "But I do have a tent."He paused for a moment."Also," he continued. "My name's Septimus, what's yours?"

IC: Salvinn"Name's Salvinn. Then I guess I'll just take a nap here, I'll be up in an hour." With that Slavinn lied down and rest. During his short nap the Mark deactivated. An hour later he awoke, "So Septimus, you still there?"OOC: Apologies I rushed this post because of some future plans for this Character. Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: You're onto somethin' there, mate! :)IC: Solaris nodded,"I vote Rahkshi Extermination too. And charge." He sent a crack of lightning at the Rahkshi and slashed its chest, making a shallow laceration.And Mip finished the Poison Rahkshi with an axe blow to the back, slicing the Kraata in half."You're gettin' good at this," Solaris exclaimed. Lucky shot, he thought to himself, chuckling in his head."Come on Kahua, get the boat ready!" Mip yelled, running to the shore. Unfortunately, he tripped over his own legs. The screaming of a pack of Rahkshi pierced the air. "Ah, Makuta's backside!" Mip swore. "Move you guys!""We're not leaving you behind!" Solaris yelled back, throwing a few bolts of electricity into the woods. He ran to Mip, helping him up, just as five more Rahkshi burst onto the beach."Hit it Kahua!" he yelled, dragging Mip to the shore.

IC: Kahua had an idea. He shoved some Iron Sands into the Rahkshi, stopping them from moving. Their heads, however, were unafffected, as he didn't want to poison his only weapons. He forced one Rahkshi to turn its staff until its arms broke at the elbows, then carefully picked up the staff without touching the ends. He forced one Rahkshi to shove its Kraata out using its staff, then used the staff he stole to push on the Kraata in the opposite direction, killing it. He did the same to each Rahkshi, and finished off the one he stole from with a staff stab. "Piece of tin." He recollected his Iron Sand and followed Mip and Solaris.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: "Quick Kahua, make a boat!" Solaris yelled, throwing more bolts of electricity at the onslaught of Rahkshi while dragging Mip across the beach. "You all right, Mip?""I think I twisted my ankle," Mip said."We'll get some help once we get to land," Solaris said. "Then we'll have that Rahkshi Extermination service. How's that boat coming, Kahua?"

IC (Ferrin)The Toa of Iron looked grimly down upon the half frozen body before him. It was dripping wet, as was the floor around it. Melting ice and seawater tended to do that. Ferrin hefted his mace off his shoulder and held it with both hands. He looked at his companion with a dangerous glint in his orange eyes."Do we know who did this?" he asked.The Toa besides him nodded."Yes, at least one of them. D, that Toa of Electricity that decided to leave us a while ago. One of the surviving Matoran told me that he was working with some Toa of Ice in black armor; he wore a scarred Kakama. They stole one of our boats and some of the goods after murdering our traders here.""That's it. I'll kill him," the crime lord spat."I know you will, Ferrin, but it might be a bit hard to catch them. The gang almost got them by the dock, but as you know they managed to slip away along with a bunch of other Toa. We got basic descriptions of some of them..." he pulled out a sheet of paper. "Some Toa of Stone in a hat and coat, a Toa of Electricity with a scarf, a Matatu-wearing Toa of Plant Life carrying a scythe, a Ko-Matoran with a blue Pakari and finally another Toa of Ice with spikes on his armor. They headed north-east, but that could be anywhere from Le-Wahi to Po-Koro.""Send a man to each village and have them ask around. Tell me as soon as you got a lead. I'm going on a hunting trip."The Toa left, leaving Ferrin alone to inspect the damage to his boathouse. One of the ships were gone, true, and several of their Matoran lay dead on the ground. The lead trader had been frozen solid, while one of his most trusted Toa had been found -- dead from stabbing -- in the water. Ferrin clenched the hilt on his weapon, looking intently at the spiked club while pondering just which skull he should crush first.No one crossed him and lived. No one!OOC: Yes, he is a PC now. Dun-dun-duuuun!

Edited by Katuko

IC: "The water's poisoned! The boat will melt, not to mention poison anyone who touches it!" Kahua ran to better water. "THIS WAY!" He formed a boat and got in, while hurling spears at Rahkshi. Those closest to Mip and Solaris were hit, but they kept coming. Kahua got out of the boat and ran to them. A Rahkshi thrust its staff at him, but he ducked and grabbed the staff, then repelled it from the Rahkshi. "You picked the wrong island!" He spun and shoved it into the Rahkshi's back in the blink of an eye, using his mask. "Now give me your FACE." He grabbed the Rahkshi's head, keeping it closed so the Kraata wouldn't escape, and repelled it from the body, tearing it off. He shoved a spear of Iron Sand into the Kraata and pulled it out by the spine, leaving a Rahkshi face in his hand. "I gotta bring this as a souvenir. Let's go." Kahua ran to the boat.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Solaris's smile returned to his face as he saw the Rahkshi face in Kahua's hand. "So Ga-Koro, you said?" he asked."I thought you hated Ga-Koro," Mip pointed out, rubbing his ankle.And just for good measure, Solaris sent one last bolt of lighting that set the small jungle on fire. In a few hours, the Rahkshi will have been burned out.

OOC: No worries.IC: [Septimus]Septimus poked his head out of a bush at the sound of his saviour's voice. During the hour in which the Vortixx had been sleeping, he had gone off into the swampland to find something to eat, despite the fact that it was nearing night, which meant that the mutant Rahi of the Isles would soon awaken and begin their search for prey. However, he was fortunate to not have encountered any of them, and had managed to somehow cut a small bird down in mid flight with his shortsword."Yes I am," the Plasma Matoran replied, walking over to the centre of the clearing where Salvinn was sitting. "But anyway, you hungry?"He held out part of the rahi which he killed, waiting for his companion to respond.

IC (Ferrin)Word had returned from the villages. There were traveling groups of Toa all over the island, but none that fit the description of the one Ferrin was looking for. Frustrated with the lack of success in finding them, Ferrin had decided to head to Le-Koro instead, where someone told him the first few members had gathered in the main square under the pretense on going on some sort of "liberation mission". The Toa of Iron scoffed at the idea. According to his undercover agent in Ko-Koro this "Madrihk" fellow wasn't exactly a saint, so the whole deal would have to be just a cover operation for something else.Deciding that this was indeed a revenge job fit for himself, he had called his men back to the Kumu Islets. The crime lord climbed aboard his boat and set course for Le-Wahi. He would find out where these people had gone even if he had to beat up the Turaga to do it.OOC: Ferrin to Le-Wahi.

IC Salvinn Salvinn smiled, Kid fancies himself an adventurer but that bird isn't nearly enough do both of us. "I've got a better idea, how about we head to the Koro to grab a bite to eat. There's bound to be at least some restaurant that serves decent food on this Karz-Forsaken Islet. What do you say my treat." Salvinn smiled.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:Anavel looked thoughtful for a few moments, letting herself lean back in her seat, looking off towards the ceiling. "Weeellll, I s'pose I could help if you need it -- I got nothing better to do, anyways," she said, shrugging and placing her hands back on the table. "How would we start, though? I mean like... can't be easy to find information on it and stuff."

Ic: "It won't, but I believe it's doable," Cersei said, looking a bit more hopeful. "We can't be bringing this up with village elders or the like, since that's just going to get us branded as witches and give us a world of trouble. We have to do it quietly and search in the most secretive places, interrogate the most shadowy figures, if we are to succeed. I do have some theories about magic, but it takes more knowledge for me to connect a few dots and test it out for real."

OOC: Need to resurrect Jild and introduce a new character. Feel free to interact with either. I'm also going to try out a small adjustment to my posts:

IC: (Jild and Alissita)

Jild smiles as his ship docks in the southern port of the Kumu-Islets. His ship had been drifting while he finished his prayers to Makuta for too long, and he decided it was time for the remainder of his slaves to dock the boat. The clanking of their metal chains could be heard throughout the small village and Xa-Koro."Okay, everyone, we're finally here," said the Skakdi in his cold and slimy voice. "You may relax for a few minutes while I scour this wasteland for supplies and information." Nine little voices all sighed at once. This made Jild even more angry than he was. He looks down at the closest Matoran, Alissita, and barks at her, saying,"Except for you." He points at her, almost acussingly as he carries on. "You will walk with me and be ready to help me (if I need it) around this small island."The Matoran of Electricity's moment of relief was over. Instead of rowing endlessly for days, she would be walking around the Kumu Islets, chained to her master. As he unchains her, she looks down toward the chain connected to the wall of the ship. She hoped he wouldn't notice the filing she had done to it. She holds her breath as he unlocks the chains connected to her ankles and wrists before chaining her wrists to his left one."Time to go," he says, wickedly. A large smile on his face.The Matoran could feel his warm breath on her face as he said the words. "Yes, oh Wise One," she replies, remembering the complement she was supposed to say. The two exit the ship and walk on the shore. Talissita immediatly falls down, not used to a steady surface. Jild drags her upward, digging the chains deep into her wrists. "Come on!" he yells in her face. The blood starts to pour from her wrists before they start walking around the Kumu Islets.-Mef Man

IC Salvinn"Don't worry money is no problem for me especially not here." Salvinn stood up and started walking towards the Koro, "You coming or what?" he asked. Without bothering to check whether Septimus was behind or not Salvinn just kept walking.Surprisingly, the Koro was actually pretty near by. Ah Xa-Koro Salvinn thought to himself, Home of thieves and cutthroats and mercs of the worst sort. Basically you take everything wrong with the world, smash it together and voila Xa-Koro A groan from his stomach interrupted Salvinn's thoughts. Salvinn chuckled guess I really am hungry, a few of the locals gave him odd looks, after all he was a stranger who happened to be chuckling in the middle of Xa-Koro. Then Salvinn spotted a rich Skakdi, looks my money issues are solved. Salvinn walked towards the Skakdi, casually bumping into him, 'on accident', while stealing a pouch of widgets. After muttering apologies to Skakdi, Salvinn was gone, with the money. As Salvinn was walking back to Septimus, he noticed a restaurant, one that was actually decent and didn't have it's specialty being rum or ale. Looks I found our restaurant. Salvinn quickly ran over to Septimus, "Hey Sep, I found a restaurant, follow me," Salvinn gestured for him to follow. Before taking off in the direction of the restaurant.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

(Alissita and Jild)

The Skakdi of Air looks around to see a nearby restaurant, an excellent place to seek information and, maybe, some deceint food. He was tired of the fish and other things that were caught from the sea. He was hoping for some fresh vegetables and meat. "Come on. We go here," he says to the girl. He yanks on the chains arouind her wrists before walking in the direction of the restaurant. Now, there was a small trail of blood from the Matoran's wrists that followed them where they went. Alissita clenches her teeth as more blood comes from her wrists. The chains were digging in deep and were very painful. I'll be out of here before long. I mustn't worry. By the mercy of the Great Spirit I'll be able to escape. The Matoran of Electricity smiles as she thinks over this thought. The thought of actually being able to be rid of her cruel and wicked task master was almost too much to comprehend. "Open the door." Her thoughts were interrupted by Jild's wicked and lifeless voice. She nods her head before limping in front of him to open the door. He barges past her and enters first, making the Matoran let go of the door and be dragged yet again inside. "Keep up," said the Skakdi to the Matoran. He couldn't understand how the small ones could be that weak. Jild shakes his head in disgust at the Matoran as he looks around the restaurant for some one to talk to. He turns around to see two beings approaching the restaurant. Maybe these Karz forsaken animals can help me.Jild takes a seat at a nearby table, making Alissita stand up beside the table. He waits for the beings to enter after taking his order. Alissita looks at the plates being served around her. She was shocked to see so much food. It had been so long since she had eaten and when she did it was barely edible. She smiles as she tries to place her order, but the Skakdi of Air pushes his hand against her lips before she could say a word; filling her mouth with the taste of death itself. "She won't be eating," he says to the waitress. "She's already had enough to last her for days." Jild meant those words. He believed that the Matoran would be fine with the few rations she had eaten a few days ago. A little while without eating wouldn't hurt the girl. Jild leans back in the chair as he waits for Salvinn and Septimus to enter the restaurant.OOC: Hope you two don't mind my characters interacting with yours.-Mef Man

OOC: Okay Mef, but you will have to bare with me, because I already had plans to meet with another character at this restaurant.IC Salvinn"Upon stepping inside the restaurant, Salvinn saw that it was quite crowded. Well, this proposes a problem, the only seats left are those at tables already occupied by others. Thus we'll have to sit somewhere where others already are. On the one hand there are a bunch of thugs sitting around all over the place, and while I could probably sit with them and be fine, I don't think the same is true for Septimus. Now what are my options, limited as they may be. Well there's a Skakdi staring at me, which is rarely a good sign, so that's out. After thinking it over he decided to sit with the Toa and Vortixx currently conversing, they seemed the most decent out of everyone here. Salvinn turned to Septimus and whispered, "Now I want you to follow my lead, and keep the talking to others at a minimum. Restaurants, 'specially here are an easy place to get killed." With that said Salvinn went over with Septimus to the table with the Toa and Vortixx picking up the word 'Magic' as he neared, or course they quieted as soon as they noticed he was coming in their direction. Magic like my Mark? I'll keep that information close and use it as a bargaining token in case they try to send me away."Greetings ladies, you seem like far more decent folk then the rest. Do you mind if we sit here, as you can everywhere else it's full or just plain indecent." Salvinn asked, noticing from the corner of his eye that the Skakdi was still staring at him. What does he want with me?OOC: Well EW it took a while but I finally here. Oh and Mef feel free to intrude when you see fit.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

(Allisita and Jild)

Jild noticed that the being was returning his gaze. He could could tell that he wanted to know why he was staring at him.Well. I'll show you what I want now.A waitress comes to their table and sets down his food, but Jild stands up and walks past her, in the direction of Salvinn.Allisita's eyes open wide as she looks at the meat on the table. Mata-Nui, help me.She reaches out toward the meat, but her hands are immediatly yanked away. This, of course, caused the chains to dig even more into her flesh. The Matoran yelps as the blood starts to rush out of the wounds."Pretend to be tough for a second," says the Skakdi to the Matoran. He noticed tears had begun to fall on the ground as well as blood. The tears concerned him more. He couldn't let everyone around him know he had a weak slave. Jild thought about hitting her with his sickle, but thought that this would only cause her to sob and bleed even more.He rolls his eyes before walking toward Salvinn and the others."Please excuse me for staring, but I have a few questions I was hoping you could answer," starts the Skakdi of Air. His voice was as cold as the top of peak of Mount Ihu and as sharp as an icicle. Just about everything was cold about the Skakdi. And this, of course, suited him just fine.-Mef Man

IC:

(Alissita and Jild)

"There will be time for my questions, now," replied the Skakdi, coldly. The Matoran of Electricity immediatly looks up to the being who had talked earlier and says,"Please excuse my master. He doesn't mean any-"Jild strikes the girl with his boot, causing blood to spill out of her mouth. He had cut deep into her gums and she had started to bleed there.When will it end?Alissita tries to reach for her mouth, but the chains were still fixed in their place. All she could do was weep and try to control herself. She thought she was helping her master by trying not to start a fight, but, telling by the bleeding gums, it didn't suit him well."You must learn!" he barks as he raises his foot up a second time, ready to kick all life out of her. Jild didn't care if she died, all her cared about was the job that Makuta had told him to do. Or, so he thought.-Mef Man

Ic: Cercei turned around casually. "I said there would be a time for your questions later. Now take your brutality elsewhere," she said, glancing at the matoran for a split second with eyes that could have been taken as sympathetic. "This is not the time or place for the barbarous likes of you."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

(Alissita and Jild)

Jild stops his kick halfway before looking toward the being who was speaking with him."What?" he growls. "Release her chains? She's my slave and I can treat her any way I'd like. I have orders telling me so."The Matoran looks down at her bleeding wrists as she tries to control herself. She was still crying, but there was a beam of hope inside of her. Alissita was hoping maybe the being could persuade her master to release her. But, she knew this was impossible, so she continued to cry. "I may not have a choice to be bound or not, but it is what is asked of me. I will take the punishment," she says to the being after she stops crying. Jild smiles as he looks down and pats the Matoran's head. She closes her eyes as he does so, fearing more punishment. But none came. He liked the answer she gave the beings."You see? She's alright. She doesn't need to be unchained." (Although the blood surrounding the Matoran said otherwise.) "Now, if you would be kind enough just to answer a few quick questions, I'll be out fo here in no time."-Mef Man