On nutrition

Okay, here's the thing:

How do matoran get their energy? do they eat? do they recharge with the sun? how?!

We have seen rahi trying to eat people, and ga-matoran selling fresh fish in onu koro, but is this canon?

Someone knows anything? Any greg quotes?

Edited by skratchR

To quote BS01:

Matoran have the ability to eat by coming into physical contact with an energy-bearing object such as a fruit, berry, or fish.

As for Rahi, BS01 only states that they act 'out of a desire for basic needs such as food and shelter.' So I believe that they eat fruit and/or each other like real animals do.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Matoran/Toa can eat through their mouths in a way similar to humans and animals. Nokama did so in Maze of Shadows, and she also showed they have a sense of taste.

Eating through the mouth is seen as primitive and repulsive to most MU species. Skakdi (Piraka species) usually eat through their mouths and this annoys other MU species.

The main way they eat is through recharging with their hands. So Matoran hold some food with their hands, and absorb energy from it. Apparently it needs to be edible, so I guess there's some nutritional value to it. Or/and, the food in question must have been alive, be it a plant or Rahi/animal, so it has traces of Life-Energy, though this is just a theory.

They can also recharge like batteries, there was a place in Metru Nui that Matoran would go to once a year for a major recharge. I imagine they put their hands against a machine and absorbed energy.

Yes, the fish stalls are canon.