Starting off collecting

Jck

So I want to start collecting Bionicle sets again.

Later today I will be going through my garage looking for my old sets (years 2006-2010) but I don't have any of the older sets.

What do you guys recommend as a "must-buy" set from 2001-2005?

virux4.5-500.jpg

Must buy would be bohrok, Bohrok-va, bohrok-kal, rahkshi, visorak, roodaka, makuta, bahrag, tarakava... and nidhiki

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I like to collect from one village at a time. (get toa, turaga, and tohunga from given village)

Start with whatever one is your favorite! Also, Makuta and Takanuva make one awesome centerpiece, so I highly recommend getting them.

You must have at least one Bohrok.

This is an essential to any good collection as well, as bohrok are possibly the best designed bionicle sets of all time.

Build your swarm!

Edited by PyroLizard Prime
  • Upvote 1

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I like to collect from one village at a time. (get toa, turaga, and tohunga from given village)

Start with whatever one is your favorite! Also, Makuta and Takanuva make one awesome centerpiece, so I highly recommend getting them.

This is an essential to any good collection as well, as bohrok are possibly the best designed bionicle sets of all time.

Build your swarm!

*Pumps a fist in the air*

For the Swarm!

But yes the bohrok are truly simple yet amazing sets.. along with the bahrag

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Must buy? Toa Mata, all of them.

^^

There is really no reason not to own them.

Titan-wise, Makuta, Exo-Toa, Boxor, and all of the '05 titans are superb.

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Yes, at least one, but not all of them. There were 12 nearly identical Bohrok released.

I'd say all the Mata/Nuva, a Rhakshi (those guys were the best!), perhaps a 2001 or 2002 titan (they were all good, so choose your favorite), a Metru or two, a Vakhi, a Visorak, and all of the 2003 and 2004 titans. The '05 playsets weren't bad, either. Maybe Roodaka, but I feel this list is getting kinda long. '03 Teridax and Takanuva are easily my all time favoritest sets.

EDIT: 700 posts in 7 years? Not bad!

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

Just an FYI, I'd suggest looking on a particular online auction site that starts with an "e" starting right now, if you are interested in starting up a collection. I know a lot of people on these boards are a little wary of it, but I've purchased loads of Bionicles, often for less than retail, on aforementioned website.

You'll be able to get them for cheap, just checking periodically every few days to see what's new.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Just an FYI, I'd suggest looking on a particular online auction site that starts with an "e" starting right now, if you are interested in starting up a collection. I know a lot of people on these boards are a little wary of it, but I've purchased loads of Bionicles, often for less than retail, on aforementioned website.

You'll be able to get them for cheap, just checking periodically every few days to see what's new.

You referring to eBay? You can find a lot of them cheap if they don't include the manual and/or box, or if they aren't exactly complete. They can be rather pricey sometimes. Small sets especially strike me as overpriced, moreso than the big ones. I guess if you are patient, you could get them pretty cheap, or mislabeled, that's the best way to win an auction.

Bricklink is also a great site to try.

I've gotten more than 100 sets off of eBay in my life, and most of the time they are listed as complete, they actually were complete. Be wary of any 2001 set with rubber bands (which is to say, all of them 'cept the Tohunga and Toa.) The rubber bands, more often then not, WILL deteriorate and snap just from sitting on the sets, completely unused. My Nui Rama was unopened, and I've almost literally not touched it, and the bands have disintegrated in about 4 years of sitting on a shelf.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

I'm extremely partial to the Toa Hordika. They're fun to build and have a lot of pose-ability(if you're into displaying them). They're also hardier than some other sets. They don't lose pieces as easily and tend not to break where they're not supposed to.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

• 2 weeks later...

I know visorak probably don't look like the coolest sets, but you should own one, and a Rahagah.

Krekka is one of the cooler "simple" titans.

Oh, and they're hard to find, but if you can get one of the Kohlii matoran, get one! I recommend Matoro or Hafu (or, alternatively, the Jaller/Gukko and Takua/Pewku sets.)

I think you should get the Toa Mata first then Toa Nuva and then the Toa Metru because I mean come on you got to at lest get the main 6 of those years.

Also I am starting collecting as well but it mainly not set but the Kanohi Mask.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely say the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva. They're still some of the best Bionicle sets IMO. I also highly recommend the Exo-Toa. That is a really cool set that I would get if I already didn't have it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'd recommend getting at least one set from each year, or if you can afford to spring for it, one set from each wave aka two sets from each year. I think it's nice to have a nice variety, representing the different years and different kinds of builds and characters. Otherwise, I'd say definitely try to get some Bohrok, 'cause they are fantastic and look great, especially as a set... or as a swarm :D Also! As a collector, you'd have a bunch of Krana to start collecting those, too.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I'd recommend getting at least one set from each year, or if you can afford to spring for it, one set from each wave aka two sets from each year. I think it's nice to have a nice variety, representing the different years and different kinds of builds and characters. Otherwise, I'd say definitely try to get some Bohrok, 'cause they are fantastic and look great, especially as a set... or as a swarm :D Also! As a collector, you'd have a bunch of Krana to start collecting those, too.

Ya with me, I say get those Kranas for last because with me, they are mostly the same (don't know why) :blink:.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube