Flappy Bricks

jamesster

chrome_2014-02-17_16-30-43-64.png

chrome_2014-02-17_16-30-50-99.png

chrome_2014-02-17_16-33-42-59.png

Play here: http://jamesster.itch.io/flappy-bricks

I'm sorry.

Made for this: http://itch.io/jam/flappyjam

It technically takes place in 3D space, but the camera is orthographic to make it look 2D.

Also, at the front end, you can press R to wipe your saved high score, and I to enter a cheap invincibility mode (though it won't save any scores you make while invincible).

Edited by jamesster
  • Upvote 4

:shrugs: I tried this out for fun. I keep dying on the first obstacle, though. I like the invincibility mode, because it looks cool and allows me to listen to the amazing music without it getting interrupted every five seconds.

And when in doubt, hit the spacebar.

Edited by fishers64

I keep dying on the first obstacle, though.

Try harder, my high score is 16 and a friend got 22. :P

To be honest, I don't really care for the original Flappy Bird or these sorts of games in general - I just did it because it sounded funny and was a nice but brief change of pace from larger projects (took like two days to make).

Edited by jamesster

I've never played Flappy Bird before, so this was a new experience for me.

First, I like how I didn't have to download anything other than Unity to play this, that's just a minor thing, but it's still nice. The graphics I like, even if they are really simple, but this is where simple is good.

The gameplay is both addicting, simple, and (for me at least :P) challenging, although once I got the hang of it, I could start to see people getting past the third or fourth obstacle. I don't have anything to say about the sound or music, because I had to play in silence or not at all.

Like I said, I don't have any experience with the original, but this game you made is pretty great; I give it 3/5 out of 5 stars.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty good re-imagining of flappy bird. My high score is 27, can anyone beat it?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!