• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ever had a set that was missing pieces out of the box?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Offline PyroLizard Prime

PyroLizard Prime
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 234 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 06:15 PM

And I mean sets bought from stores, misb, that didn't have all the pieces needed to complete the set, due to an error.

"I am proud... to have called you brother... Vakama..."- Toa lhikan, the best character ever created by LEGO...

"Toa... So dramatic"- Nidhiki, another one if the best characters ever created by LEGO...

Remember them...

enax_the_epic_big.pngENAX WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL... Or your mask... Or maybe both...     :tohu: 

Sprite credits go to Katuko and Strack. Great job, guys!  :D

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#2 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Members
  • pupwa why

• 101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 06:57 PM

Nope, but I always get spare parts. Like when I got my 2007 Jailer I got 3 of the tube things.
123.gif

#3 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,124 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 08:34 PM

Oh yeah. My Piraka Stronghold required two special orders of parts just to be able to build the dang thing. Turned out to be a terrible set, but I was blissfully unaware (read: ten years old) at the time.

farmanimalbanner.png

#4 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,945 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 08:42 PM

No, this never happened to me.

Sometimes I get paranoid when building a new set for the first time, but I always figure that the boxes/bags are packaged by machine, so the chance of it happening is slim.

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#5 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,290 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 08:45 PM

One time, my Breakout Furno was missing some of the handcuff chains. Thankfully, my Breakout Surge had a few spare chain parts so I just used that.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#6 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,926 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 08:47 PM

If I recall correctly, the 2002 Slave I set I got was missing four of the same (small structural) piece.  Couldn't find them in the box anywhere.  I think I ended up using spare parts I had around instead.

stand still, pause clocks

we_can_make_the_world_stop.jpg

We Can Make The World Stop

#7 Offline The Kumquat Alchemist

The Kumquat Alchemist
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 52 posts

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 11:51 AM

Once, with Axxon. If I remember correctly, he was missing the socket pieces to attach his fingers to his hands.

On the plus side of things, I got an extra pair of alien bug wings in a Galaxy Squad set recently.

Get out of my dreams, Freud!

#8 Offline Ldd2000

Ldd2000
  • Members
  • Toa

• 108 posts

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 12:10 PM

Did you guys know that you can send in replacement part orders to LEGO? I have had missing parts in some of the sets I got/bought, and I just sent in an order to replace them, and they did.

One time I had lot my Mistika Tahu's mask(prolbaly fell down a heat vent), and I send a missing parts order to LEGO and they sent me a new one(this was like last year!).

Another time I had wreaked a minifig helmet with some model glue, the kind of glue that melts plastic(don't ask me what I was doing, I don't remeber). I sent in a broken piece report, telling what happened, and they sent a replacement. Except they didn't have the moulds anymore for it, so they sent my the equivalent of the piece that was broken in other types of helmets.

I just thought you guys should know, even if it was 4 years ago, or 10 year ago that LEGO should replace your missing parts.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

#9 Offline Great Being Velika

Great Being Velika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Low brass will rule the world

• 263 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 01:35 PM

The sand crawler I got way back like 5 years ago was missing a 1x1 brown brick. And I think I got a creator set that was missing something, but apart from that, I've had pretty good luck.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

#10 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,439 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'm pretty sure my first Gali set was missing the trans yellow eye piece, and since it was my first Toa set ever, i was a bit confused as to how to put on the head.  I eventually got a replacement when I bought the mask packs back in the day, which originally came with an extra head and eye piece.

My Lewa Phantoka set was also missing the lime green chest armor when I got it in 2008, and for that I was able to call in and get a replacement shipped to me.

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#11 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 03:38 PM

Surprisingly, I've never bought a set that was missing pieces.  Dumb luck, I guess.

#12 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,166 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 03:41 PM

I distinctly remember Hakann was missing a thigh. Got a replacement very quickly, though.

#13 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2014 - 04:00 PM

My Agents truck base thing had a dark blue 2x1 plate rather than a dark blue jumper plate. A small difference, but the breakaway wall didn't work quite as well.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#14 Offline KittehWubbins

KittehWubbins
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 63 posts

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 02:29 PM

In my Star Wars Y-Wing (not the modern one but not the oldest one) that I got a few years ago was missing a white axle. Still missing.

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

I am building Alphonse Elric from FMA!! Please PM me some tips, I really want to make it good.

#15 Offline ---Kopaka Nuva---

---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,145 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 03:55 PM

Only once and that was when i bought my rahkshi lerahk(green) in legoland in billund denmark. After i bought it we were relaxing and eating refreshments and i was in the middle of finishing on the table but one 2 length black plusrod was missing and i got it exchanged for a new one.

Turns out i got lucky in the process, after i got back home to iceland after the vacation i checked a online kraata power level guide and turns out the original had a level 2 kraata but my replacement set had a much stronger level 4 kraata.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---, Feb 23 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#16 Offline Zestanor

Zestanor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 178 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 04:12 PM

Brutaka was missing half of his weapon! We returned him and got a replacement.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

#17 Online Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 769 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 04:41 PM

I know I have, just don't remember what off the top of my head.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#18 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2014 - 02:10 AM

I've got a funny story for this one :D

So I was missing one of Mahri Nuparu's trans-yellow light thingies from his back, so I called in Lego to get a replacement. Sure thing, they sent it over, except the envelope was empty, save a bubble wrap with a hole. I called Lego again, and the same thing happened.

I ended up going to their office to get it personally. Seems there may be some dishonest postmen in my area? It was nice I got to see parody Barraki sets in their office anyway :D

Please do visit:

14903912463_b5945c5bac.jpg
Font by: KC Fonts

#19 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,937 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 25 2014 - 04:59 PM

Not so much a missing piece rather than a wrong piece. We got a system plate with the wrong dimensions in the fire department set from 2007.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui, Mar 25 2014 - 05:00 PM.

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#20 Offline Octodad

Octodad
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,186 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2014 - 05:42 PM

I don't think I've ever gotten a set missing a piece. I did once get a Pridak with an extra Sharktooth Blade though.

#21 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,649 posts

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 12:23 AM

I distinctly recall having trouble finishing one of those mini playset things, forgot what they were called. It was the 2005 Toa's tower thing with the giant gate shaped like Vakama's face. There was one little piece definitely missing, I looked everywhere. 'Twas really frustrating. I may have lost it somehow but I don't recall ever finding it, so...

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#22 Offline dragonzrmetal

dragonzrmetal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 71 posts

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 06:23 AM

The Lego replacement part service thing is really good. I've used it before and they're brilliant. What other company replaces parts from ten year old sets?

Anyway, I got a Power Miners set missing a grey valve type thing on it, the piece that looks like a tap thing. Lego replaced it without question. :D

rw17vBD.jpg

#23 Offline Pranciblad

Pranciblad
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 33 posts

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 11:10 AM

I have only encountered one set with a missing piece in my entire time of collecting Lego. Back in 2004, I got one of the minifig-scale Knights' Kingdom sets and one of the dark grey bricks was missing. I figured that it wasn't that big a deal, since I could just substitute one of the old bricks from my collection. However, looking at it some time later, I noticed that the old brick stuck out like a store thumb in the middle of the new ones. And for the first time, I realized Lego had completely changed the shade of their grey bricks.

Dangit.

Edited by Pranciblad, Apr 06 2014 - 08:09 PM.

This space for rent...
Ok just kidding.

#24 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 241 posts

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 01:25 PM

I once got a Pohatu that was missing his Kakama!!  :D

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

Admin on BioMediaProject, obsessed with finding Legends of Mata Nui, and a Pianist/Organist. 

#25 Offline Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 251 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 10:57 PM

I got an Antroz that had a broken axle once. Also got the wrong blade piece in the click set.

Edited by Flamewing Studios, Apr 21 2014 - 05:24 AM.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to be Flamewing Studios.

The Sky's Scar

#26 Offline danny316p

danny316p
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2014 - 04:12 AM

I've had a few of these over the years. Customer service tends to correct them quickly enough that I usually forget about it - and most of the time I've needed to call them, it's actually been a malformed piece instead of a missing piece.

First set that comes to mind for a truly missing piece is 4554 Metro Station. For malformed pieces, I definitely remember a large plate being wrong in 10182 Cafe Corner, and an anti-stud in a slope not being functional in 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise.

#27 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 639 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:32 AM

Well I have gotten the wrong piece from the Lego Power Miner Granite Grinder and a Broken Piece from Chima Worriz's Combat Lair (that I was going to make a review of i but never made it)

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#28 Offline RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 257 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 12:02 PM

I've had a reverse experience, if you can call it that- an Ikea nightstand I bought was missing a screw, so I made a replacement out of Lego. My brother once had a City set missing a windshield, though.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: :smilelehvak:

#29 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,735 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2014 - 04:15 PM

My Axxon had miscolored parts. Before you get excited, it was minor. Just a couple grey "hand" pieces rather than black. Now his hand has a little more grey than it should. >:( 

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#30 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,480 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2014 - 04:53 PM

Brutaka was missing half of his weapon! We returned him and got a replacement.

My Brutaka was missing the entire weapon. I called LEGO and got replacement parts. I've never 100% trusted LEGO since.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#31 Online ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,190 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 05:53 PM

Can't recall missing any pieces, but there was one time with the Kikanalo set that one of the thigh guards/rahkshi backs was severely misshapen. It looked like it had been run over. 

Though I might have been missing something from my slave 1 set. Can'r remember and I think it was able to just stay missing.

Posted ImageWe do what we must. Because we can.Posted Image these smileys created by Click

Posted Image

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me on any of these.

#32 Offline Vakama-san

Vakama-san
  • Members
  • Toa

• 185 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 01:12 PM

I think the only time this has happened to me was with Toa Matoro back in '06. It was missing one of those blue half-axle/half-circular connectors that attach his neck to his torso. I just took one from a Knight's Kingdom set I had...I'm sure King Mathus won't mind missing his head.
Posted Image

#33 Offline DNZe

DNZe
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,411 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 11:38 AM

Fire hall modular was missing a single gray stud piece. Easy replacement as I have tons 

#34 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 09:30 PM

I've never had a set that was missing a piece, or at least form what I recall. I have however, have had a piece that was damaged when it came out of the package. Thankfully, it was soon fixed.

#35 Offline Great Mask Of Armor

Great Mask Of Armor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 117 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 08:54 PM

My Alien Obliterator (Bug Obliterator? It was an orange Galaxy Squad thing.) was missing one of those pin/axle connectors. Just one. I don't care. I'm not even going to do anything about it.

:hau:

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House
Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.
Current MOCs:
ROTF Ravage.
Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.
This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

#36 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 966 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2014 - 04:45 PM

I don't think I've ever gotten any with missing pieces. I heard from a friend (actually, I think it was LoTR_Nui Madu Cabolo), though, that he got a set that was already built, in the sealed canister. But that's about all the weird experiences I've had with sets, I think.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#37 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,904 posts

Posted Jun 19 2014 - 04:49 PM

I do recall getting a set that was missing a piece, but I don't remember which one it was. I think it was one of my Visorak sets, but I not sure about it.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#38 Offline tahu3.0

tahu3.0
  • Members
  • Toa

• 115 posts

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 10:57 AM

can that even happen missing pieces and if it can what can you do.

#39 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,480 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 11:22 PM

can that even happen missing pieces and if it can what can you do.

It can happen by packaging mistakes, but it's very unlikely. If it does happen, you can call LEGO and they'll usually send you replacements for free.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#40 Online Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

Regicidal Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 3,367 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2014 - 03:08 PM

Never happened to me. Although I did have a twisted melted piece from a Star Wars set.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users