Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I bet the part of my prediction that was wrong was that you'll all die at once.Which was basically what I meant in that post. The rest of the sentence I just assumed would happen.
I'm not so sure. Would Makut really need to truly show his great power just to stop a few guys tresspassing into his lair? You'd get a fraction at best. Otherwise, a few infected rahi would do the job. It would take more than that to get a look at what Makuta can really do.

ppg2.png

The only time Makuta would use full power is if the Toa returned

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Still who will defeat the Makuta? That destiny is unclear, we have to see what the fog covers. In front of our paths is a fog that prevents us from seeing we're we are going, we can guess, but it wont be exact. Who will be picked? Only fate, (and the staff) will tell.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Still who will defeat the Makuta? That destiny is unclear, we have to see what the fog covers. In front of our paths is a fog that prevents us from seeing we're we are going, we can guess, but it wont be exact. Who will be picked? Only fate, (and the staff) will tell.
There is a prophecy, you know.

test2.png

There is a prophecy, you know.
Where can I see it?
Well, we all know what kills the Makuta.His worst enemy.A Moon.
HAHAHA! Edited by Zacax

At the darkest hour,In unrivaled power,The greatest foe will stand.His servants grim,They flock to him,Shadows grip the land.Yet hope has remained,As goodness ordained,A light must spread anon.New heroes unite,The darkness will bite,Still the truth will awake at dawn.Tests they must face,Dark foes give chase,All places the heroes shall look.Enduring their strife,Mortality’s knife,The heroes will find what he took.The Wanderer’s tread,Leads to what lies ahead,A place of shades and deceptions.To seek hidden lines,And follow the signs,Will make them the only exceptions.At the darkest hour,In unrivaled power,The greatest foe has stood.United as one,The foe is undone,His malice defeated by good

test2.png

New heroes unite...Servent will flock...The wanderer...The rahkshi and the infected rahi...everyone who is good I believe...but who is the wanderer?

I must note that most people don't know about the prophecy, Zacax.
And if they do, they die via Psychic Nosebleed.
I believe you asked for this?They never actually had an extended conversation, but Dorian saw her/knows who she is/knows she used to be with Onuzek. For all intents and purposes, she's sloppy seconds.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Dorian's mark is active as of right now, thanks to Pirok: his senses and mental functions are all attuned. He'd remember her as the chickadee who hung around with the giant.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Depending on the level of control, the Bearer can use it to sharpen his senses to a Calix-like ability. Utu, Dorian, and Yuru all did it at various intervals, but that's a rare ability.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I always intended Praggos to have a level of control over his mark, but I'm too lazy to have him need to do something like that.I would love to see what happens when Praggos' mark needs to force feed, though.It would be no different than he normally is.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

In real life, Kal, I have the utmost respect and admiration for individuals of the female sex. In fact, I respect and admire them so much that I can almost never convince myself that I'm worth their time. :lol:The fun of this game is being able to play personas very different from ourselves. Grokk is a prime example of that. He has... let's say, very different morals than I do. Everyone, please don't think I'm actually as horrid as my characters.

test2.png

I'd disagree. As long as one is still able to separate between their characters and themselves in real life, I'd encourage people to really lose themselves in the characters when they write posts. It produces far more realism, honesty, and enjoyability in the character if you derive them organically and uninhibitedly from yourself.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

That's because you have way more characters than you should. :PBut really, like I said, it's important to keep that separation. I do. Do you think I'd actually go up to a girl after writing a Grokk post and call her a broad, or tell her to get me a drink, or think of her as an object? Or that after writing as Heuani I feel the urge to rip somebody open, or kill in cold blood? No. I understand that my characters, while they draw much of themselves from me, are absolutely not a model for how I should or would behave in real life.If you have a problem keeping things separated yourself, then I'd suggest taking a step back, or perhaps distancing your characters more from yourself - not in their derivation, persay, but in their extremism. If you're playing a "type," then it's easier to see how they aren't you, even if you're imbuing their action with yourself.

test2.png

Nuju, when you rely on them to help you maintain a relatively normal semblance in society as a whole as I do...Yeah. :PAnd I know they aren't models for how you would act in real life, you'd have to be on depraved creep to do that. But I generally keep my characters from being classified in types. To me, if you classify them as a 'type,' it just isn't real enough.Hey, wait, I've found my problem.

It just isn't real enough.
Welp, I'll see you all in therapy.EDIT: I must say, this does explain how breaking my moral event horizon, even in character, in a video game RPG, even, makes me physically sick. :notsure: Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I don't mean you need to play the cliche, I mean you should play the type. If you can describe the character in a few words, then that's a type: motormouthed, sarcastic mercenary, for instance. As long as you can keep your characters easily definable (but of course still mutable), then you should have an easier time separating them from the jumbled mess of adjectives that is the self.

test2.png

Zacax is my self moc and Bionicle alter ego so he is based off me, except y'know more Bionicle. However I am able to differentiate from characters like Deusui who take in too much pride, though my characters have good qualities and three are based off of people I know in real life.Deusui is made up, Zacax is basically the only character based off me