Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

From what I hear, the Maasi made multiple blunders in their beginnings, making a bad impression on the general populus. Then they escaped from jail, which is the first crime of theirs I've read of in detail. So, due to their mistakes, they are regarded as exiles. This could have been prevented by making a better first impression. I wonder what their next course of action will be....

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

From what I hear, the Maasi made multiple blunders in their beginnings, making a bad impression on the general populus. Then they escaped from jail, which is the first crime of theirs I've read of in detail. So, due to their mistakes, they are regarded as exiles. This could have been prevented by making a better first impression. I wonder what their next course of action will be....
Quick explanation here.The Maasi started out by attacking a murderous Mark Bearer. Over the course of said fight, they managed to cause more casualties and deaths than any of the Mark Bearers, even more than them combined, through reckless use of elemental attacks. Immediately following that, the Daedra used them to boost their own credibility, and followed the will of the people in exiling them.Then they went to Ko-Koro, rebuilt a small village, and immediately decided it was a good idea to threaten a local shopkeeper. Because he didn't want to sell them a particular item. Then they went to Onu-Koro, went vigilante on a group of criminals, caused damage in the process, and resisted local guards every step of the way. Even when they were simply told to stand down.And then they busted out of jail. Good intentions or no, these guys are seen, correctly I might add, as threats to public safety.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

They'd be better villains than they would heroes. :PAnd it would be pretty easy to do so. They already commit horrible acts believing they are in the right. All it would take is the right manipulation to send them over the moral event horizon before they ever even noticed...

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

That'd actually be pretty cool.
And a first for the RPG. A team devoted to good instead turns to the sway of evil. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

They'd be better villains than they would heroes. :PAnd it would be pretty easy to do so. They already commit horrible acts believing they are in the right. All it would take is the right manipulation to send them over the moral event horizon before they ever even noticed...
I love how we're discussing it as if they're actual people

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Well....I honestly didn't see any attacks save some of Merla's (which were water based, and shouldn't have done much damage to a WATER village) that would have damaged the town that bad. I think it's exaggerated. Also, Kray is throwing all those out of context and not giving the motivation for threatening the shopkeeper, which I might add Kaithas yelled at his team to stop. One other thing: if anyone has actually payed attention to the Skanohi plot, they would know that the Maasi have been throwing order out the window to stop something horrible./endrant.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Well....I honestly didn't see any attacks save some of Merla's (which were water based, and shouldn't have done much damage to a WATER village) that would have damaged the town that bad. I think it's exaggerated. Also, Kray is throwing all those out of context and not giving the motivation for threatening the shopkeeper, which I might add Kaithas yelled at his team to stop. One other thing: if anyone has actually payed attention to the Skanohi plot, they would know that the Maasi have been throwing order out the window to stop something horrible./endrant.
You appear to have not yet realized the true power of propaganda.
And a first for the RPG. A team devoted to good instead turns to the sway of evil.
A first?I'm sure someone has done that before. Pretty common trope and all that.Still, would be cool to see.
I meant in this reboot *facepalm*

I'm assuming when someone attacks a village, breaks into a store, and does other things of misordly conduct, the newspapers don't talk about them kindly.

You think?We aught to really set up a better news system for the villages.
No - the current one is fine. We can just assume certain important articles are in the mata nui daily if we need it for a plot, etc. when Emzee is too busy to actually put them there, I'm pretty sure.

Alright, let's take a minute to analyze these points objectively.In the Ga-Wahi fight, the Maasi were primarily using elemental attacks, while the Bearers used very few. And the ones they did use caused damage limited to one specific person or spot. Whether Merla's attack was the most damaging or not, they are judged as a team. And I don't thin you understand how coastal settlements work.Merla attempted a tidal wave, and when that didn't work, she created a water giant that promptly smashed and disintegrated all over the place. People would have been swept off the pad and into the water, some of them unable to swim to the surface because of the water current forcing them down. So that's some civilians drowned, not to mention untold property damage. As for the shopkeeper, let's put it this way. You walk into a shop, and you see someone yelling at and threatening the owner. You aren't going to think "Oh, he's probably trying to stop some impending doom". You think "Oh karz, there's a robbery in progress". And whether Kaithas was yelling at them to stop or not, they didn't stop. "Well, I tried to get them to stop threatening the guy" doesn't mean much.And that brings us to the last point. No one knows about this "big evil doom" approaching. They see a bunch of renegade Toa, causing damage wherever they go. And no, "We're trying to stop this" doesn't cut it. The Godzilla Threshold, where anything is a viable solution, has not been reached. And the bottom line, is that they've done some really destructive things.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Merla"We may need to diguise ourselves," I said, removing my golden external armor to reveal a slim navy blue and black form underneath. "Anybody want these?" I asked, holding up me chest plate.
...Now that doesn't sound weird at all...

Okay, but you were saying they were villains from at OOC point of view. Now, let's look back. I would like to note that the sheer amount of electricity Iris pumped into the ground would probably kill quite a few people. I would also like to note that I was writing that fight from the idea that they were on land (as common consensus is that it has expanded) and also that those were GA Matoran and that they can hold their breath for a long freaking time. Also, Kaithas was late but when he did yell at them they stopped. Just throwing that out there.

BZPRPG Profiles

Okay, but you were saying they were villains from at OOC point of view. Now, let's look back. I would like to note that the sheer amount of electricity Iris pumped into the ground would probably kill quite a few people. I would also like to note that I was writing that fight from the idea that they were on land (as common consensus is that it has expanded) and also that those were GA Matoran and that they can hold their breath for a long freaking time.Also, Kaithas was late but when he did yell at them they stopped. Just throwing that out there.
Several things here. Ga-Matoran can hold their breath a while, sure. But not everyone there is a Ga-Matoran. And holding their breath a long time relies on the idea that they had time to take a deep breath before they were thrown in.That jolt of electricity Iris sent out didn't kill the Maasi, did it? So why would it have killed anyone else?And whether it was on land or not is a moot point. Ever heard of tidal waves? Those hit coastal cities. And cause a heck of a lot of damage, death, and destruction.And I'm sure that Kaithas showing up eventually to stop them is a big comfort to anyone who might have witnessed the event. Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ya know, I only just noticed something. With a bit more development, the Maasi would make some really good villains.
That's actually what I plan to do with Merla. Have her dangle over the edge of the moral event horizon; like an extremely Gray Jedi. Instead of fighting the darkness, I'd have her absorb it; embrace it, and use it as a weapon against itself.And as for "impeding doom", I'm planning to turn the HWP into an organization like the Peers; pretending to be good while having ulterior motives and maybe even one day developing the "ray sphere" that was so heavily implied in the backstory (unless ToV doesn't approve)

This argument has gone on for three months. That's long enough. Much of the stuff that's happened is because of OOC reasons, namely me and ToV being too busy to think about going to the police. That first fight was when I had just joined and thought things were handled differently. End of story. Now, the Maasi will come into their own during a certain doomsday situation.

BZPRPG Profiles