Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

On the matter of the Fowadi and Co, can we wait until the massive battle is over? I just feel like showing up now would confuse everything and make it take longer.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I disagree with the Turaga idea, 'cause everyone's going to make one(well not everyone, but you get the idea) and soon there will be too many Turaga. I mean, Turaga are pretty rare, rarer than Toa, but there are like 600+ Toa anyway. Ok, call me dumb, whatever, just listing my opinion.

On the matter of the Fowadi and Co, can we wait until the massive battle is over? I just feel like showing up now would confuse everything and make it take longer.

Speaking of which...it's been awhile since an Anthyn post has been made. I'll make the assumption that EW's busy. That's fine and all, I'll just sit here behind this table that I dove behind for cover from a potential explosion that may come as a result of the barrage of zamor spheres that were just shot at her. Nothing to worry about.[if I got those names wrong, please shoot me >_>] Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Turaga are supposed to be really awesome Toa...so what if there was an Evil Turaga? Then, he'd have had a Destiny of evil. ???

Good point. Since one of the requirements for becoming a Turaga is for a Toa to achieve his/her destiny, it stands to reason that they must have accomplished something extraordinary to achieve that status.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Well, there's also, somehow, the possibility they turned evil after becoming Turaga by some means (but in an RP where Shadow Leeches don't exist it seems highly unlikely such a thing would happen).

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Well, there's also, somehow, the possibility they turned evil after becoming Turaga by some means (but in an RP where Shadow Leeches don't exist it seems highly unlikely such a thing would happen).

Why assume that beings turn evil because they are physically forced to do so? People go bad for all sorts of psychological reasons. If the only way a good being could turn evil were by physical corruption (shadow leeches, infected Kanohi etc), then there would be a darn sight fewer villains in this game.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Why assume that beings turn evil because they are physically forced to do so? People go bad for all sorts of psychological reasons. If the only way a good being could turn evil were by physical corruption (shadow leeches, infected Kanohi etc), then there would be a darn sight fewer villains in this game.

Ah, touché'. I think I was using the logic of "evil can't achieve destinies" although that is a far stretch.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I think the issue is that you're all misinterpreting the word "destiny".

There is no grandiose goal implied in that statement. People like the Maru have tremendous destinies laid out before them, and many things that they will have to do before they reach them. But for the average citizen, their destiny might not be anything so glamorous. It may simply be something like interfering in a fight at just the right moment, so someone else in that fight will live to accomplish their own destiny. Plus, once they had accomplished their destiny, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll become Turaga. The Mata in canon accomplished theirs, and they stayed Toa.

Second, accomplishing one's destiny isn't the only way to become a Turaga. Technically, the only physical requirement to becoming a Turaga is to use up all of one's Toa Energy. Obviously that doesn't always do the trick (Like Joske, but Joske is a special case), but that's the technical requirement.

Between both of those things, it would be quite easy to assume a reasonable number of Turaga on the island.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

From BS01:

"After completing their respective Destiny, a Toa can sacrifice his or her Toa Power for the greater good and become a Turaga."

Both completion of Destiny and a loss of Toa Power are required to create a Turaga.

I believe that closes the debate.

Edited by Mr. Peanuts

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

So what happened to that Marine "Captain Iraira" character of Kughii's? Is that squad still in the battle at Ga-Koro? Or did they just fade into temporary obscurity until the 2013 arc?

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

That seems a question best answered by Kughii. In a PM.

But since you asked here, I will take a moment to explain. Kughii's activity is somewhat limited, as he himself has stated. If they entered the battle, they are still there, but it may be a bit before they have another post.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I mainly asked here because I know there is supposed to be a couple of people with him, but Kughii was the only username I knew for sure. Plus, if Kughii's activity is as limited as you say, this was the quickest way to get closure on the question.Regardless, thanks for the info.

"Wrong."

Wait, has anyone made a Matoran of Magnetism yet?...BRB, making homeless lonely Matoran now.(Also Construct I swear I've got a post ready I've just been really busy lately)

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Wait, has anyone made a Matoran of Magnetism yet?...BRB, making homeless lonely Matoran now.

...I see what you did there.

"Wrong."

Wait, quick question for the general populace: should the first Fa-Matoran be a lonely, homeless wanderer or a former vagabond who is now on the up-and-up? I've narrowed it down to those two options and come up with good personalities for both, but I can't seem to choose between the two.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Wait, quick question for the general populace: should the first Fa-Matoran be a lonely, homeless wanderer or a former vagabond who is now on the up-and-up? I've narrowed it down to those two options and come up with good personalities for both, but I can't seem to choose between the two.

I like the semi-pun of the first option (Matoran of Magnetism, lonely, would rather not be lonely so they might want to *puts on sunglasses* ATTRACT attention! YYEEAA-*shot*), but I can see more room for story with the former vagabond thing. I guess it depends on how seriously you want to take it.Of course, I'm leaning more towards the latter of the two solely because this will likely be the first Fa-Matoran in the RPG, so might as well make it a good impression.

"Wrong."

I like the semi-pun of the first option (Matoran of Magnetism, lonely, would rather not be lonely so they might want to *puts on sunglasses* ATTRACT attention! YYEEAA-*shot*), but I can see more room for story with the former vagabond thing. I guess it depends on how seriously you want to take it.

That was really bad.

Anyway, who needs a therapist?

Because I have one in Onu.

That was really bad.

...yeah, I know. It sounded better in my head. I had a much better pun somewhere in my mind, but right when I began typing I lost it >_>Oh the joys of having the closest thing to ADD that isn't.

"Wrong."

Hey, you know what would be a really good joke?If we were on topic. I don't feel like dealing with the crying EWs that off-topicness causes.

*Stifles a full-blown guffaw*

On-topic (or more so), I'm going to try and write up a few characters/places for the wiki. PM me something you want edited in, and I'll try editing it in.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

I mainly asked here because I know there is supposed to be a couple of people with him, but Kughii was the only username I knew for sure. Plus, if Kughii's activity is as limited as you say, this was the quickest way to get closure on the question.Regardless, thanks for the info.

I love how you immediately assume I'm male IRL. Anyways, yes iraira is active but you may want to notice the actual timeline is significantly before the current daedra incident

I love how you immediately assume I'm male IRL. Anyways, yes iraira is active but you may want to notice the actual timeline is significantly before the current daedra incident

Your profile says you're male... :unsure:

Back on topic, I wonder if the Battle For Ga-Koro will end anytime soon?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Well, Nuju's been busy...

Does this attack take priority over other current events (ie Daedra fight?).

You should certainly factor it in, but feel free to keep fighting. The Ga-Koro docks are far enough away from the beach (where the Rahkshi are in Ga) for you to maybe risk still slinging elements around.

test2.png

A hundered Rahkshi at each koro, that makes 600 total. There's more toa than that in the game, so plus Skakdi, Vortixx and Matoran, we could take these armies if we all worked together. There would be losses, yes, but theoretically, these Rahkshi armies don't have to be unstoppable. :sly:

Too bad so many of those characters are inactive. And the characters likely won't work together, even when confronted with such a strong, common enemy. And even then so many would be killed by Rahkshi. And so much damage would be caused in the batles that there wouldn't be anything left of the villages to live in afterwards.

Yeah, forget what I said before. Maybe we can't take them. :giveup:

Anybody got some golden armour handy?

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png