Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Heeeey Smeeeeag what's happenin'?

Also, still accepting applications for the teachings. Probably up until Tuesday. Gonna start reading them pretty soon....

Maaan some of this stuff gets me longing for the OLD DAYS. Oh, the stories I could tell you guys...

Like, remember the time when I created a race of demigods whose sole purpose was to destroy worlds to power their spaceship and reproduce? Or the time I created who literally had up to seven split personalities at one point? Or the one time we destroyed Metru-Nui?

Good times.

D:

Nostalgia activated.

So much for not getting involved. =P

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Heeeey Smeeeeag what's happenin'?

Also, still accepting applications for the teachings. Probably up until Tuesday. Gonna start reading them pretty soon....

Maaan some of this stuff gets me longing for the OLD DAYS. Oh, the stories I could tell you guys...

Like, remember the time when I created a race of demigods whose sole purpose was to destroy worlds to power their spaceship and reproduce? Or the time I created who literally had up to seven split personalities at one point? Or the one time we destroyed Metru-Nui?

Good times.

D:

Nostalgia activated.

So much for not getting involved. =P

YUKI!

This is amazing. :D Hello!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Yeeeeeee Yuki hello there White Rose. :3 Are you going to make an entrance, too?

YUKI! This is amazing. :D Hello!

I didn't expect such a response, lol. I'm glad that I've been missed. Maybe mid-may. (A.K.A. When classes are over.) I'm too swamped with schoolwork now, plus I'm and SS Critic and I'd like to finish a short story series that I'm working on first.

So how's things in the BZRPG? Still no women? =P

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

Yeeeeeee Yuki hello there White Rose. :3 Are you going to make an entrance, too?

>YUKI! This is amazing. :D Hello!

I didn't expect such a response, lol. I'm glad that I've been missed. Maybe mid-may. (A.K.A. When classes are over.) I'm too swamped with schoolwork now, plus I'm and SS Critic and I'd like to finish a short story series that I'm working on first.

So how's things in the BZRPG? Still no women? =P

You never know, at this rate HahliGirl will be back in a second.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

I have to wonder if all the Vets were just hiding under the floorboards this entire time.

Well, they are coming out of the woodwork.

And, knock on wood, there'll be more coming :P

Someone said there were still some ILS members in Le-koro. Could anyone direct me to them? (Besides Ackune)

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Hey guys,

I wanted to post here and make an apology. If you read Tyler and my recent jam in Ta-Koro, you probably noticed that our characters waltzed out of a prison together, which shouldn't be easy, certainly not as easy as we portrayed it. Something like a prison break deserves to be shown with significantly more roadblocks than what we provided through our storytelling. To have broken into and then sauntered out of a highly-protected facility full of competent guards was inappropriate and unrealistic, and violated several of the standards - notably those about bases and about NPCs - established in Friar Tuck's Common Sense Guide.

I assume the blame for this ineptitude on both our parts. I'm the head of the game, and it's my job to be the best example of lawful roleplaying. In this case I failed that duty; in fact, I was a bad example. Tyler followed my lead, and we both RPed below our normal standards. The fact that our post was written on a whim and in a rush is no justification for shoddy storytelling and warped realism, nor can it be an excuse for our condemnable conduct.

Because I try to hold myself to a higher standard than what I demonstrated in that post, I feel pretty ashamed about having played the way I did. I've rightfully lost standing in some of your eyes, but I hope that rigorous lawfulness with my personal characters in future will win back your respect. I'd also encourage any and all good-guy PCs in Ta-Wahi to chase after the miscreants on the bicycle. Thanks.

test2.png

just don't forget that we can shoot you/make you cry with our wicked senses of humor c:

Yeah, but seriously. come at us, bros (and brahs; welcome back, Yuki!) We don't mind.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Pedantic Ghosthands' Spelling advice:'Hoard' is a large collection of valuable objects'Horde' is a large group of people or animals, typically armed and/or dangerousHave a nice day :DAlso, more on topic, I think we can all forgive our beloved GM for his 'misdemeanours'; though it's true that he does need to be the example we all look up to (yes, that's means you too, EW :P) I don't think any one of us can claim never to have RPed less-than-perfectly. Besides, the characters in question are about to be mobbed by most of the characters in the Wahi (and most probably some from outside it as well!).

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Besides, the characters in question are about to be mobbed by most of the characters in the Wahi (and most probably some from outside it as well!).

If Ga-Koro wasn't in the middle of a mass-firefight spawned from the unveiling of basically a conspiracy by one of the conspirators themselves, I would definitely be one of those people who would travel to Ta-Koro just to take a whack at it (and likely get whacked in the process...Ah well, comes with the package.) Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Speaking of which, it just occured to me after I typed that message that I'm likely going to be hammered by the end of this brawl anyway, if I manage to logically find a way to land a hit or contribute to trying to end the whole ordeal. So I guess that's not much different! Except for the fact that this doesn't involve the head of the RP who is apparently considered one of the greatest RPers in the game asking to be attacked for his misbehavior, of course.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

just don't forget that we can shoot you/make you cry with our wicked senses of humor c:

Yeah, but seriously. come at us, bros (and brahs; welcome back, Yuki!) We don't mind.

-Tyler

Bro is unisex. Brah is either a what they call bros in Hawaii or something very close to my heart that I use every day.

=P

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Alright kiddoes, I've got a bone to pick with everyone trying to get involved in the jailbreak fiasco in Ta-Wahi.

So you saw that Nuju Metru fessed up to his crime and took blame for faulty roleplaying and is giving an open invitation for people to chase after them. That's great! You want to be a part of something and score karma points with the head gamemaster and a pretty famous roleplayer. You have the right.

But you're doing it wrong.

I was critical of the jam contents because it was a combination of unrealistic playing and vandalizing common sense guidelines, but what is happening in response to all that in Ta-Koro is just as wrong. Those of you trying to chase after Dorian and Grokk have placed them as at the city gates, outside the jail and in the marketplace when, in reality, they are in none of these places. You've also timed your posts as thirty seconds, fifteen minutes, AND forty five minutes after the initial prisonbreak, which This means the whole lot of you were not only inaccurate in placing the opposing characters where you did but also bunnied them to fit your needs, which is against the rules.

Dorian and Grokk are by the lava river which means they're outside the city.

rebounded off the stony ground, earning us another massive bound forward, sailing clear over the Ta-Koro walls. We soared with all the grace possible for an oversized bubble over the heads of awed Ta-Koro guards and pedestrians alike...Into the lava lake. Whups.

[. . .]So there we were in the lake, bubbles beginning to fizzle and soften with disturbingly more frequent hisses as the lava began to burn away at the Containment Spheres. My mind raced, my eyes flying from the faces of rock that made up the canyon the lava lake was nestled in, to the lava itself, to Grokk. My hand reached up around the disgustingly pink scarf he'd placed around my neck and I concentrated hard, lengthening it into one of my trademark metal bullwhip-rope hybrids. My bubble fizzled away just as I leaped into the air with Calix-level tomfoolery, barely avoiding claiming the title of Ta-Koro's hottest (Geddit, hottest? ...I've spent too much time with this guy.) pile of cinders.

The bike (or whatever they are using) is not in the city at all but on a rocky shore by the lava river itself. As a result, it is fully within Tyler's and Nuju's rights to completely disregard posts that place their characters anywhere other than where they clearly placed their characters.

Yes, they set a bad precedent of roleplaying and were unrealistic in their manner in the jam, but that doesn't give any of you prerogative to bend reality to fit your own personal whims. If you're going to get involved, do it responsibly.

That is all.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Oh crud. :blink:

I guess it's back to the editing screen. Thanks for pointing it out, EW.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I was wondering if somebody was going to notice that.

You could always say that you noticed the large blue balls flying overheard and chase those.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Out of curiosity, are there any PC Marines currently in the whole ordeal at Nokama's Pier? Or is it all NPCs at this point?

"Wrong."

...Should I assume that's a "no" to my question?

"Wrong."

JL, explain a particular detail to me.

How is it that something that you did in a post that was clearly against the rules, namely launching a lightningbolt at the bike, in fact, in a post which I think we all agreed to ignore because of how much it ignored FREAKING COMMON SENSE almost as much as the actual initial prison break jam, still applies in the next post you make?

This question is tearing my brain apart with how much I can't possibly understand the screw out of it.

Ugh. Whatever. You deal with the stuff that Tyler's going to cook up for you as vengeance.

-Dovydas

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

JL, just, like, run, in character.Meanwhile, I give it three days (probably a generous estimate) before Ta-Wahi explodes into a flurry of useless battle, what with how many people are showing up out there now. And, in other news,

IC:"I found your lack of faith in my ability to get us from Onu-Wahi to Ko-Koro... Disturbing."

How dare you.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

JL, just, like, run, in character.Meanwhile, I give it three days (probably a generous estimate) before Ta-Wahi explodes into a flurry of useless battle, what with how many people are showing up out there now.

It's ok.

This is a fun game, and games are fun. For me, more than you know.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I just hope the battle is as fun as the one at the hospital. :P

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur