Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

On the whole 'Vika/Fowadi subject, we could go with Silvan's original plan, with Gunner deviating due to the fact that he wasn't actually present when things were decided.

And then Lohkar comes up and smacks some sense into him.

I like this plan

let's go with this

sounds the most fun

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

He sighed.

This is my unofficial last post of the season, unless any of the people I pointed out in the post want to interact. I'm also quite proud of it, as, compared to my earlier material in this RPG, it's certainly an improvement on my general writing style, in my mind. Hopefully it's a good read :)

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

To Cage a Kotore

A little break away from my week long hiatus. Still not totally back yet, but I had access to the forum for a bit and decided to get started on this. I had written the first draft for this almost 6 months ago now and I figured I'd go ahead and start on making it.I present to you the Origin of a Sin. The Utu Kotore story. I'd love to hear what you guys think. I realize I don't ask for feedback enough. This will be a bit of a ride, but I'll be trying out a couple new things here and would love to hear your guys take on it.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Hi all.

After I missed so much RPing over the last few months, I took a good look through the profile topic to check what (if anything) had changed. I got to thinking, how many PCs are there in here (lots :P ) and who are they? Anyway, I counted them all up in types, looked at the numbers, and thought the results might be worth sharing.

Just as a clarifying note, I ddi not count profiles that were clearly made without even a cursory look at the game and rules. Characters like Glatorain, dual-element toa, somehow-sentient bohrok etc. I did count dead/disregarded characters. I did not count NPCs, dead or otherwise.

In total, there were 1,082 PCs.

By species:

Toa 663 61.28%

Matoran 234 21.63%

Vortixx 69 6.38%

Skakdi 65 6.01%

Turaga 8 0.74%

Custom 49 4.53%

Total 1082

Toa by element:

Fire 102 15.38%

Lightning 64 9.65%

Iron 63 9.50%

Air 54 8.14%

Ice 52 7.84%

Sonics 41 6.18%

Stone 40 6.03%

Magnetism 37 5.58%

Plantlife 36 5.43%

Water 36 5.43%

Plasma 34 5.13%

Gravity 32 4.83%

Earth 31 4.68%

Crystal 22 3.32%

Custom/None 18 2.71%

Shadow 1 0.15%

Matoran by element:

Water 57 24.36%

Fire 37 15.81%

Air 33 14.10%

Ice 24 10.26%

Earth 23 9.83%

Stone 16 6.84%

Iron 13 5.56%

Plasma 10 4.27%

Sonics 7 2.99%

Lightning 6 2.56%

Gravity 5 2.14%

Plantlife 2 0.85%

Crystal 1 0.43%

Magnetism 0 0.00%

Custom/None 0 0.00%

It should be noted here that 30 Jaliax sisters skewed this one a bit.

Skakdi by element:

Gravity 10 15.38%

Fire 7 10.77%

Plasma 7 10.77%

Ice 6 9.23%

Earth 5 7.69%

Stone 5 7.69%

Iron 5 7.69%

Lightning 4 6.15%

Plantlife 4 6.15%

Water 2 3.08%

Air 2 3.08%

Sonics 2 3.08%

Crystal 2 3.08%

Magnetism 2 3.08%

Custom/None 2 3.08%

So yeah, consider it a Mata Nui census of sorts. I'm not sure that anyone else will be interested at all, but here it is.

EDIT: Ergh, looks like my tables didn't come out too well. Working on it.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

That's both funny and partially to be expected - naturally people would rather play Toa since you can be cool (not that Matoran can't be useful, just look at what Ahkmou got up to in the canon). The breakdown of the Toa and Matoran by elements was interesting, though. Looks like a Matoran of Magnetism should crop up soon.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Lorax, you genius! :D

I've wanted a census for a very long time, and the fact that you did it single-handed...is very, very impressive. I think those statistics should be very interesting to every player in the RPG, and they're certainly very revealing. I think we could all guess that there are more Toa of Fire than any other element, but the numbers are fascinating to look at.

Excellent work! How did you do it, with a spreadsheet or database? If so, do you still have it?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

That's both funny and partially to be expected - naturally people would rather play Toa since you can be cool (not that Matoran can't be useful, just look at what Ahkmou got up to in the canon). The breakdown of the Toa and Matoran by elements was interesting, though. Looks like a Matoran of Magnetism should crop up soon.

Yeah, I expected there to be a lot of toa around, but I dithered on whether or not they would outnumber everyone else combined (they did).

Fire being a popular element was to be expected, since a lot of important beings in canon use it, and its characteristics are well known. Lightning, though, surprised me. Maybe people who like to stick with the canon gender-element specificity prefer it to water? Iron shouldn't surprise anyone by being in the top 3 for toa - its so useful for so many things.

Whoever makes the first magnetic Matoran gets a cookie.

Lorax, you genius! :D

I've wanted a census for a very long time, and the fact that you did it single-handed...is very, very impressive.

Also, all in one day.

I think those statistics should be very interesting to every player in the RPG, and they're certainly very revealing. I think we could all guess that there are more Toa of Fire than any other element, but the numbers are fascinating to look at.

Excellent work! How did you do it, with a spreadsheet or database? If so, do you still have it?

Spreadsheet. Got it open now.

ppg2.png

24-19 to the Chiefs at halftime.

If it helps, Hubert, there were 2 turaga each of iron and lightning, and the others were sonics, fire, gravity and no element. I ddin't bother putting those ones into a table because there were so few.

EDIT: Full time score of Chiefs 37, Sharks 29. Hubert is happy, Lorax is happy. :) Comiserations to any South Africans on the forum.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

lorax is now officially the GOAT everyone else can stop trying might as well end the staff plot now nothing else is going to top this

seriously this is amazing i'm hype to see this

thought for sure iron was gonna be second most popular element kinda glad to see it's not overused yet

just

yeeeeeee

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Lorax, well done. I wouldn't have the patience for that. Wasn't surprised to see some of the results, like that much Toa.

That's why I picked a Matoran as my second character, to prevent flooding the profile pages with Toa. But still, I agree with you, I looks down the profiles and see a bunh of Toa, which is quite a lot.

Indeed. Turaga should well be needed considering the whole assassination thing. You would think the Matoran would be clambering over anyone they find for guidance. But based on the amount of Toa PCs it's probably no wonder the shoes haven't been filled.

Toa by element:

Fire 102 15.38%

Lightning 64 9.65%

Iron 63 9.50%

Air 54 8.14%

Ice 52 7.84%

Sonics 41 6.18%

Stone 40 6.03%

Magnetism 37 5.58%

Plantlife 36 5.43%

Water 36 5.43%

Plasma 34 5.13%

Gravity 32 4.83%

Earth 31 4.68%

Crystal 22 3.32%

Custom/None 18 2.71%

Shadow 1 0.15%

So yeah, consider it a Mata Nui census of sorts. I'm not sure that anyone else will be interested at all, but here it is.

I find it interesting that crystal seems to be fairly present, despite it being non-cannon. Is it because people like shiny things?

Yeah, I expected there to be a lot of toa around, but I dithered on whether or not they would outnumber everyone else combined (they did).

Fire being a popular element was to be expected, since a lot of important beings in canon use it, and its characteristics are well known. Lightning, though, surprised me. Maybe people who like to stick with the canon gender-element specificity prefer it to water? Iron shouldn't surprise anyone by being in the top 3 for toa - its so useful for so many things.

Lightening has considerably more of a butt-kicking image than water does.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

[...]Fire being a popular element was to be expected, since a lot of important beings in canon use it, and its characteristics are well known. Lightning, though, surprised me. Maybe people who like to stick with the canon gender-element specificity prefer it to water? Iron shouldn't surprise anyone by being in the top 3 for toa - its so useful for so many things.

Personally, the reason I picked Lightning as an element for one of my characters is because it's flashy and clearly powerful. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the aforementioned

'Wow' factor of the element is the reason people apply it. Lightning bolts are, pun intended, shocking. They look cool and they can mete out a lot of damage by frying things. In that respect, Lightning is similar to Fire. They're the two most striking elements of all, hands down.

Conclusion? People like cool stuff. And crisping stuff.

Edited by Mr. Peanuts

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

That is incredibly impressive, Lorax. The one problem is a large percent of those profiles are no longer being played. Still, I'd imagine the percentages are similar. Makes me sad I have a Toa of Fire.

I'd guess the reason for so few Turaga is that not only are they rare- a matoran would have to find a stone and then fulfill their destiny within the past 100+ years- but they are also not powerful and bad at fighting. Even more frail than matoran, even.

I find it interesting that crystal seems to be fairly present, despite it being non-cannon. Is it because people like shiny things?

This is because crystal is one of (possibly the only?) pre-approved custom elements. It's BZPRPG canon.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Lightning is awesome because it's like magnetism except if can pulverize you, I guess.

Wait, what?

How, in this game-world, is lightning anything like magnetism? And how, exactly, can it pulverise you? And since when is magnetism unable to pulverise you?

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I strongly advise you NOT to get into that Lightning vs. Magnetism argument again, we've had quite enough of that during the Pala-Koro battle and it does not need to be revived. Seriously.

Also, thank you Lorax, I had no idea Rhow and Iraanus were the only Skakdi of water in the game!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I strongly advise you NOT to get into that Lightning vs. Magnetism argument again, we've had quite enough of that during the Pala-Koro battle and it does not need to be revived. Seriously.

Also, thank you Lorax, I had no idea Rhow and Iraanus were the only Skakdi of water in the game!

Hm? Sounds like something interesting happened. And what's a Pala-Koro? I can't wait for the Wiki to be fully up-to-date...then I might have a basic grasp of some of the more interesting things.

Hi all.

After I missed so much RPing over the last few months, I took a good look through the profile topic to check what (if anything) had changed. I got to thinking, how many PCs are there in here (lots :P ) and who are they? Anyway, I counted them all up in types, looked at the numbers, and thought the results might be worth sharing.

Just as a clarifying note, I ddi not count profiles that were clearly made without even a cursory look at the game and rules. Characters like Glatorain, dual-element toa, somehow-sentient bohrok etc. I did count dead/disregarded characters. I did not count NPCs, dead or otherwise.

In total, there were 1,082 PCs.

By species:

Toa 663 61.28%

Matoran 234 21.63%

Vortixx 69 6.38%

Skakdi 65 6.01%

Turaga 8 0.74%

Custom 49 4.53%

Total 1082

Toa by element:

Fire 102 15.38%

Lightning 64 9.65%

Iron 63 9.50%

Air 54 8.14%

Ice 52 7.84%

Sonics 41 6.18%

Stone 40 6.03%

Magnetism 37 5.58%

Plantlife 36 5.43%

Water 36 5.43%

Plasma 34 5.13%

Gravity 32 4.83%

Earth 31 4.68%

Crystal 22 3.32%

Custom/None 18 2.71%

Shadow 1 0.15%

Matoran by element:

Water 57 24.36%

Fire 37 15.81%

Air 33 14.10%

Ice 24 10.26%

Earth 23 9.83%

Stone 16 6.84%

Iron 13 5.56%

Plasma 10 4.27%

Sonics 7 2.99%

Lightning 6 2.56%

Gravity 5 2.14%

Plantlife 2 0.85%

Crystal 1 0.43%

Magnetism 0 0.00%

Custom/None 0 0.00%

It should be noted here that 30 Jaliax sisters skewed this one a bit.

Skakdi by element:

Gravity 10 15.38%

Fire 7 10.77%

Plasma 7 10.77%

Ice 6 9.23%

Earth 5 7.69%

Stone 5 7.69%

Iron 5 7.69%

Lightning 4 6.15%

Plantlife 4 6.15%

Water 2 3.08%

Air 2 3.08%

Sonics 2 3.08%

Crystal 2 3.08%

Magnetism 2 3.08%

Custom/None 2 3.08%

tumblr_inline_ml4d6hbkwo1qz4rgp.gif

Wow, huge props to you for putting both the time and the effort in doing all that work.A++tumblr_mk6s3dzjlf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

-Snipe

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Hm? Sounds like something interesting happened. And what's a Pala-Koro? I can't wait for the Wiki to be fully up-to-date...then I might have a basic grasp of some of the more interesting things.

A Pala-Koro is a place of death and destruction, of betrayals and anger. It was once a prime example of how strong a player-made faction could be.....but it became a symbol for how heavy it is when one falls.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Island_Liberation_Front#Followers_of_Makuta

That should answer some of your questions. If there is anything else you can think of that you wish was on the Wiki, I'd be glad to add it.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

i feel bad for not being that impressed so i'm going to do some lying

Lorax you beauty! *forehead kiss*

Also since I appear to have a life now I'd just like to tell everyone that I'm leaving forever not to be expected to respond as often as I once did, but of course anyone interacting with me is probably accustomed to my current Scarce Posting regime so this is pointless but I just like to talk to people because I don't talk enough on here anymore and I just don't know what to do with myself and and and and

:smash:

*enters the fray*code-13.gif

...I don't wanna creep you out, but I think I like you.

Edited by Navy Nutter