Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

This is an island, in the middle of the never-ending ocean.

I'm not sure if you guys have realized this, but there isn't anywhere to run.

ell, not so long as Makuta lives in Mangaia undefeated. When you think about it, that's probably why the first three years of the Bionicle line had the highest stakes, even moreso than when they fought for Mata Nui's life.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I concur with the wall issue. I'm confused about most of the defence systems since I never played things like the MNOLG. I just assumed Le-Koro was a treetop village armed with Gukko armies and bamboo disk throwers.

I concur with the wall issue. I'm confused about most of the defence systems since I never played things like the MNOLG. I just assumed Le-Koro was a treetop village armed with Gukko armies and bamboo disk throwers.

Aye. In either MNOLG, Le-Koro had no defenses but disks and gukko forces.

I'm sorry to all you Le-Koronan patriots, but your village is completely indefensible. If we don't evacuate, all the civilians, everyone is doomed.

-Dovydas

Le-Koro is actually pretty defensible. Since I doubt the Rahkshi will use the elevators to get to the village (If they do, you'd just have to cut the cables.). The Gukko Force would be able to fly sorties around the village to prevent them from flying up.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

How do you see the Le-Koronan Gukko Force push back a hundred Rahkshi with sorties?

These aren't Toa we're fighting, House. This is an army that you need precisely six times as many Toa to defeat in an open field.

This field is depressingly open, because if the Rahkshi want to, they can tear down the tree.

-Dovydas

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

Aye. In either MNOLG, Le-Koro had no defenses but disks and gukko forces. I'm sorry to all you Le-Koronan patriots, but your village is completely indefensible. If we don't evacuate, all the civilians, everyone is doomed.-Dovydas
How do you think Ga-Koro feels?We have our backs to the sea. Karz, our backs ARE the sea. We live on LILY-PADS and inside SEAWEED HUTS. Albeit very very sturdy lily-pads and seaweed, but we ARE facing an army of Rahkshi with the power of two Toa combined per Rahkshi.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Aye. In either MNOLG, Le-Koro had no defenses but disks and gukko forces. I'm sorry to all you Le-Koronan patriots, but your village is completely indefensible. If we don't evacuate, all the civilians, everyone is doomed.-Dovydas
How do you think Ga-Koro feels?We have our backs to the sea. Karz, our backs ARE the sea. We live on LILY-PADS and inside SEAWEED HUTS. Albeit very very sturdy lily-pads and seaweed, but we ARE facing an army of Rahkshi with the power of two Toa combined per Rahkshi.

Heh, you have backup you don't even know about.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

this conversation is quick-circling. I suppose you can't expect much when the wait for a Rahkshi response takes too long. Didn't we already have an argument about which villages were lost causes already?

But will the evac of Le-koro cause retaliation from the Rahkshi?

-Elrond

I honestly hope so. I'm dying for action/

this conversation is quick-circling. I suppose you can't expect much when the wait for a Rahkshi response takes too long.

Perhaps you're just impatient?I recommend using this time to prepare and get some character development in.

profiles i guess

If we want to be completely honest, if these Rahkshi are as powerful as we make them out to be (namely as powerful as Blokfase makes them out to be)...10 Flying/Gliding Rahkshi of Shattering vs. Two Warships = Shipwreck of a Shipwreak and a demolished village.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

If we want to be completely honest, if these Rahkshi are as powerful as we make them out to be (namely as powerful as Blokfase makes them out to be)...10 Flying/Gliding Rahkshi of Shattering vs. Two Warships = Shipwreck of a Shipwreak and a demolished village.

You're implying there will be a ship left for there to be a shipwreck.

WIP

EDIT: Weird double post, blast it.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Yeah, dying

That's something I don't plan on allowing Atox to do. Not yet, anyway.

But the personal development sounds good. It might be time for Atox to join the army...

I'll admit I am impatient. Can't be helped when I have ~0 things to do IRL. Let's see...development...development...Ah! I know just the thing. My good friend self-doubt.

As to the first part, that's why you make 30+ characters like Blockfase, set them lose to wreak havoc, then focus on the characters that survive.

Check Po-Wahi of February before last or Le-Wahi of that March if you want to see how powerful these Rahkshi can be.

And what happens when you break the rules big time in the latter case.

Yep. Looking back, I question my sanity allowing Amerikos to face off with Heauni. Although he now stands as a legend, something that I hoped for him to be.

How do you see the Le-Koronan Gukko Force push back a hundred Rahkshi with sorties?

These aren't Toa we're fighting, House. This is an army that you need precisely six times as many Toa to defeat in an open field.

This field is depressingly open, because if the Rahkshi want to, they can tear down the tree.

-Dovydas

Good point.

Perhaps we can evacuate as many Matoran as possible to the swamps. Maybe Pala-Koro for a while.

Pala-koro would be a good temporary base, if you ignore the giant hole in the wall :P

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

As to Amerikos: Who? As well, you realize I'm not talking about the hive battle at all?

As to my seeming multitude of characters: You realize I haven't used hardly any of them in months and don't plan to?

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

Which is why I am sticking to one character, maybe two at most when the new year starts.

"Wrong."

Amerikos...Sounds more patriotic to me. *shot**back on topic*So point is, when the Rahkshi attack, we're in for some interesting events no matter what Koro you are in.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

Ta-Koro's not gonna fall. Neither is Onu-Koro. And the Infernavika and Fowadi will try to make sure Ga-Koro doesn't.

We're gonna pull through this, people. Think of it as a new exciting challenge. Think of it as the final test, where everything you have learned over this season, every little RPing ability, talent, nook and cranny that you know of will finally be put to use.

-Dovydas

Ta-Koro's not gonna fall. Neither is Onu-Koro. And the Infernavika and Fowadi will try to make sure Ga-Koro doesn't. We're gonna pull through this, people. Think of it as a new exciting challenge. Think of it as the final test, where everything you have learned over this season, every little RPing ability, talent, nook and cranny that you know of will finally be put to use.-Dovydas

Which, for Voutok, is basically a splitting headache from uncontrollable and so-far-inexplicable "visions" and a fancy headset.This should be interesting XD

"Wrong."

As to Amerikos: Who? As well, you realize I'm not talking about the hive battle at all?

As to my seeming multitude of characters: You realize I haven't used hardly any of them in months and don't plan to?

1. I'm thinking about the hive battle, not you. And, although I know you're playing with me, one of your characters made a giant statue of him. :P

2. That's my point. And I was being serious: it does work, I've tried it on other forums (which I cannot mention here).

We'll probably end up making some mega village near the center of the island, after all this.

I'm guessing someone will try and build the city on top of Mount Ihu. Snowcones, anyone? :P

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

We'll probably end up making some mega village near the center of the island, after all this.

I'm guessing someone will try and build the city on top of Mount Ihu. Snowcones, anyone? :P

-Elrond

That, that would be epic.

Next season: City On Mount Ihu.

WIP

Considering how 'well' the Megacity worked on Spherus Magna on the official canon, I get the feeling a megavillage won't go to well on Mt Ihu if we have to do that. Besides, there'd still be a major discord between everyone because of the attacks, with only Toa to enforce order and few to no Turaga to guide the Matoran. Starts sounding like a cross between the Toa Empire and Kingdom.

Generally, I tend to think of it a bit more rationally. If the villages are destroyed, new ones will simply pop up. Not a huge megacity.

A megacity would require that someone bring all the refugees from all the villages under one authority.

Under these circumstances, that will never happen.

-Dovydas

Generally, I tend to think of it a bit more rationally. If the villages are destroyed, new ones will simply pop up. Not a huge megacity.

A megacity would require that someone bring all the refugees from all the villages under one authority.

Under these circumstances, that will never happen.

-Dovydas

Maybe that's the plot for next season. Some sort of 1984-ish plot.

WIP