Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, powers actually don't matter. We're playing a role-playing game, but the RP bit is far more important than the G, chaps and chappettes. We're writing a collaborative story here, nobody actually gets to win.

Unless you're Nuju Metru. :P

Edited by Javert

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, powers actually don't matter. We're playing a role-playing game, but the RP bit is far more important than the G, chaps and chappettes. We're writing a collaborative story here, nobody actually gets to win.

Running the game =/= winning the game.

In fact, defeating the big bad =/= winning the game.

It's just continuing the story.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Okay, enough with the talk of advantages in battle. Anyone with Marines members in Ga, please make use of them.

This. We aren't getting any more secure...compared to Ta-Koro who seems to have overhauled the defenses overnight (Game Time).

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

did someone invoke my man's name in a casual conversation?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Sweet!*realizes the Rahkshi might attack now*...Oh Karz. Ga-Koro hasn't even prepared besides two ships showing up off the coast....This should be interesting.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

That was epic. Also wraps up the crazy mask quite nicely, since he can't call anything from a story without letting the Makuta go first.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That was epic. Also wraps up the crazy mask quite nicely, since he can't call anything from a story without letting the Makuta go first.

Two things.First, wrong. He doesn't have to let anything out of the legend to summon anything. I asked Rene about this weeks back. Two, we're all forgetting one very, very important part of Stannis' mask.

It's a two way street. Nothing comes out, without something going in. And nothing goes in without something coming out.

So what came out when Makuta went in?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

But with no Makuta, everything is boring and peaceful.

That's not how I remember it the canon. Without the Makuta, there were still Bohrok, Piraka, Barraki, and different Makuta. And who says Nuju isn't going to introduce an entirely new villain this year? You're being silly. :)

But with no Makuta, everything is boring and peaceful. It may be fun for Matoran NPCs but it's no fun for the RPG.

Matoran NPCs? How can it really be fun for them? NPCs are no different from PCs, apart from the playability, and I doubt that it would be fun for any Matoran, NPC of not.

Man, I'm having SO much trouble keeping up with the storyline right now...

But with no Makuta, everything is boring and peaceful. It may be fun for Matoran NPCs but it's no fun for the RPG.

As well, like previously stated, it's like in Inkheart; when something goes in, something of equal/greater value has to come out. And since a malevolent deity/titan/antidermis entity got sent in...

Uh-oh.

That's not how I remember it the canon. Without the Makuta, there were still Bohrok, Piraka, Barraki, and different Makuta. And who says Nuju isn't going to introduce an entirely new villain this year? You're being silly. :)

Barraki can't show up without Metru Nui, and Makuta needs to be alive to wake up the Bohrok. And we have plenty of Skakdi already.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Barraki can't show up without Metru Nui, and Makuta needs to be alive to wake up the Bohrok. And we have plenty of Skakdi already.

Who says the Barraki can't show up without Metru Nui, and that Makuta needs to be alive to wake the Bohrok? You're confusing the BZPRPG with the canon storyline. We do not follow the canon storyline here; if we did, the Toa Mata would have defeated the Makuta instead of being defeated themselves. We're already far outside of the canon storyline.

Or, in other words: we're not in Kansas anymore.

Edited by Half a Cup of EW

I don't think you realize how blatantly wrong your statement just was, Kap.

Because, in case you haven't noticed, this is not canon. If Nuju wants the Barakki to show up, he can have them show up; if he wants the Bohrok to show up, he can do that too.

There's no sequence of events that has to happen, no islands that have to be found, for anything to happen. It all depends on what Nuju decides will best further the story.

Or, in other words: we're not in Kansas anymore.

I am.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

Makuta isn't even needs to wake the Bohrok. A De-Toa could do it, but the cause could be something we don't even know about(if Makuta didn't make Mata Nui sleep). The Barraki already existed, even without Metru Nui. They could of been planning/doing their own things on their own.

But the Barraki are aquatic. They can't breathe on Mata Nui. And how else will the Bohrok wake up?

I don't think you get this.

I'll be nice and sum up for you:

This is the BZPRPG, it's going to deviate from canon just because we aren't Greg.

profiles i guess

Why do you think it will happen at all? We had an entire five year game wherein not a single canon event happened. I don't think we need to worry.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Mainly what my comrade-in-arms there just said.

You used to seem so promising.

There's also the fact that, for all we know, we'll have another dimensional wormhole opened.Where did you screw it up?

Or not.

I'm rather disappointed.

Probably not.

profiles i guess

Why do you think it will happen at all? We had an entire five year game wherein not a single canon event happened. I don't think we need to worry.

You guys don't. What's in store for next season should definitely keep back any inklings of boredom. Things will be different, but not so different that it's alienating. It's gonna be great!

Also, great post, Maru-players. I knew NM chose the right people. ;)

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I'm kinda against the whole "canon-based story" thing. This year's story (so I see) was something unique: they set in in an alternate dimension wherein the Toa Mata failed, and showing what life was like as a result.I would HATE for the result of that turning into "The Bionicle Saga RPG, Staring the Toa Mata-I mean Maru!"I think they've deviated enough to the point we can make our own original story now. Just take some of the "canon" ADs for example, where usually only one change was made and it completely overhauled life as they knew it.EDIT: Karz it, I'm slightly late...again.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."