Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

As much as we are all hoping that it will start at midnight, I don't think it is going to happen. The new season is probably going to start midday or evening, hopefully on Saturday.

My guess as to why it is the taller version of the Boxor is because it got made out of rahkshi parts, which are all rather long.

Edit: Matoran types other then the normal six are about as common as any other kind of Matoran on the island. As far as the Marines and Guard. Making a character that is a part of them is fine. Lots of people have characters that are a part of one of the different Guards.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

As much as we are all hoping that it will start at midnight, I don't think it is going to happen. The new season is probably going to start midday or evening, hopefully on Saturday.

My guess as to why it is the taller version of the Boxor is because it got made out of rahkshi parts, which are all rather long.

Edit: Matoran types other then the normal six are about as common as any other kind of Matoran on the island. As far as the Marines and Guard. Making a character that is a part of them is fine. Lots of people have characters that are a part of one of the different Guards.

Not entirely correct, as most Matoran (let's not forget this means NPCs as well) are of the six standard types. But Matoran of other elements are not exactly rare, just not as common as the main six.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

It is pretty open-ended, as you say, but there is (or used to be) a recommended skeleton that you can copy and paste as a template. I'll edit it in if I can find it.

Other than the recommended profile fields here, you are pretty much free to put whatever information you want in the bio..

BTW, a little late, but welcome anyway.

-Elrond

A 'recommended profile' template of sorts would be most convenient, if it's not too much trouble for you to find it. If it is, don't worry about; I can get along well enough on my own.

Thanks for the welcome, also.

I hope it starts late Saturday. I've got a camp to go to. :DI can't wait to post my character, I'm already working on how his story may develop. BTW, could someone PM me if they want to help in his introduction? It'll just be something simple, but preferably in Po-Wahi.

Dear All,

I’ve been sitting at home typing my small finale post (posting it now), and thinking about this game and what it means to me. Before all the topics are refreshed, I’d like to post some thoughts for the end of “level one.”

For me, BZPRPG has become an incredibly personal experience since I began tentatively dipping my feet (lies: I dove head first into the Kin plot), in 2010 near the end of the Durrem Cycle. Each reboot has shown who I am as a person and a writer, flowing directly into my everyday life in a positive (and sometimes negative) role. My posts have steadily become stronger, though maybe not longer. I found this year to be the real catalyst for my writing with the creation of so many unique individuals. It’s been an amazing experience to write with such talented players (Dorian can take that either way), and I feel I’ve become tightly knit in a close group of digital friends. Even if I don’t know anything about you save your name and the few conversations we’ve had on this site or another, I hold you all dear in my heart, because without all of us there would be no BZPRPG. That’s what makes this game so special. Sure, Nuju could keep up the fabulous job of being Grand Master of this universe (and you’re doing an incredible, mind boggling job burning the torch, Nuju), but without all the people to play its denizens the game soon becomes just another fan-fiction novel written by an incredibly talented person who should go off and publish something original. I guess that’s why I love this game so much: it exists because we create it.

I love the general discussion topic and the main themes we speak on: biology, canon-ology, and immature-ology. My favorite mass discussion was without a doubt the Biology discussion that ended in an official (thought later discontinued) contest. Second up was probably the chain of moving picture postings that went on for a page or so. I will always remember the elemental discussions fondly from way back in the Pala-Koro assault, and I love how everyone pulled together to plan in GD for the Rama Hive assault, as well as in personal blogs for smaller units. Such unity and duty brought a happy chuckle to my lips.

My favorite villain of the year was Kohra. Somehow, this twisted terrorist portrayed the goodness of evil in a way I could wholly believe, and with a style and grace hard to find in other villains. Her smooth dialogue, careful planning, and eventual downfall all flowed in a way I could only call symphonic. Thank you Veef for creating such a well rounded and thought out character. The next closest for me was probably Echelon, whose cold countenance made for some excellent late-night reading.

If I had to pick a hero, My first thoughts run to Joske. Although played by the ex-GM and therefore reasonably given free rein to do whatever was cool and amazing, Joske showed a level of character development unseen in any other characters I read. The thoughts and actions so vehemently portrayed by our good Friar Tuck’s writing left me satiated, bloated, and begging for more.

For best grammar, I have to look at Emperor Whenua, who always seemed able to find a way to contrive incredibly complex sentences without breaking or bending any “rules.” He really is a master architect.

My favorite quote from this season came from a character I was surprised to find I held no true sentiments for. I neither loved or hated Heuani, rather simply viewing him as a narrator for greater works. It’s not that I didn’t love the writing, but I felt no compassion for the character. Perhaps that’s what Nuju wanted. Anyway, here’s the quote that will illicit a genuine, absolutely non-stop ROFL:

“No unlicensed portraits.”

My favorite Admin of the season is (Turaga?) Nuju Metru. When Friar Tuck and Emzee would fly away on broomsticks to wage clown war against the might of Twilight fandom Nuju Metru held the fort during their absence, managing with such astounding brilliance I couldn’t help but give a shout of pleasure at his Game Master coronation. He’s taken on the immense task of satiating the imaginations of the player base, keeping us running in loops around the plot (when Tyler isn’t there to tie the knot first), and producing professional works of literature for a fan-fiction game at a mind-boggling speed and length every time. As a side note, you all should check out his MOCs on Flickr. He has a certain flair.

Now, since I still believe in CRANE even though there are no more occult meetings in the basement of this website (aka: the blogs), I have to say a couple things to those who’ve just recently arrived, those who’ve been here a short time, or those who’ve stayed around but never really pushed themselves to write beyond their comfort zone.

“GO FOR IT,” Kughii says.

There’s nothing more exciting than watching some new to the game grow and develop in their writing style. For example, I pull Construct Man to the stage. Construct Man, when you first started out I had thoughts of tearing your characters’ fingernails out with pliers. The writing was a whole color-coded mess (the only character color worked for was Oreius and Inu in my opinion), filled with grammar and spelling errors, and never original. After countless hours spent wondering how to help, I gave up. Now, several months later I find your writing attractive, if not eye-catching. Your prose is flowing so much better, the dialogue more natural, the characters seem more than just measly caricatures of another (not discontinued) toy-line. You’ve claimed your place as a member of this game, and I adore that fact. I can’t wait to write with you next season.

The second thing I say is; “BUTT INTO THINGS.”

One of the greatest ways to improve one’s writing is to feel immense peer pressure. For example, go find Joske. I’m serious. Anything you write in response will automatically have a minimum length of one page in a word document. Finding large plots with well-developed (and ever-improving) players helps funnel your creative potential into a higher realm. To those veterans out there who write like professionals: Don’t ever step down. Let us less experienced writers step UP.

I’d would like to take a moment to share some words to and about a few members of this community. These are in no standing order of preference, simply coming as I wrote my thoughts.

First, Emperor Whenua. The past few years have been an immense learning curve for me. At the beginning, and especially earlier this year, I found you to be incredibly stuck up and needing to be pulled off your white stallion and back into the muck of normal players. However, I realized this was simply my own jealousy and made peace. Now I truly admire your talents, which are many, and look forward to what the next season brings between us. Your plot with the Peers has been an intriguing read, even if on occasion I find you use of George R.R. Martin “disturbing,” to quote a certain evil villain.

Vezok’s Friend, you are perhaps one of my favorite players to roam across this island with. Mariko was one of the more touching characters for me, as he was a central figure in DJ’s plot for this season. Since 2011 I’ve been enjoying your company, and look forward to many more seasons of comradeship.

Gravity. OMG. Gravity, you’re writing has become so beautiful, it makes me cry manly tears. I remember reading some of your work earlier this season wondering; “who is this guy?” Now I know. Ackune and Liikyra are some of my runner ups for this year’s favorite characters. You really know how to structure dialogue, and I keep reading some of your posts like a textbook when I get stuck myself.

Whether you’re a drunk, giant, teddy-bear of titanic muscle or an ussalry guard, you’re an amazing man, Krayzikk. Keep up the fabulous writing, and I look forward to being able to interact with you again next season.

Francis. My dear Francis. Remember 2010 when you picked my first character up from a fight and carried him to the hospital? You were the first player I got to RP with, and ever since I’ve held a special place for our collaborations. This season started with Kriigata and Hau tearing each other to bits, and it ends with you getting a staff-approved matoran-to-toa transformation and so much more. I’ve always enjoyed your constant stylistic metamorphosis. When I feel I need something new to inject into my writing I immediately ask; “What would Mango do?”

Tyler... Keep writing Reordin. Thnxluvbai. No, okay, really. You seem to have mastered the art of “1st person ego” style. It’s your forte, along with waiving plot-devices in front of your face like a red bath towel during a bull fight. Everything you post conveys a sense of purpose and dignity, even if the character’s dignity comes from a bottle. I greatly enjoy Reordin, but one word of warning: please don’t be cliche with Leah. That said: make an awesome romance. If not for the world, then just for me.

I look forward to RPing with you Eyru. I don’t think I ever have.

Oh yeah, Bane of No Isles: Kriigata post coming next season is gonna’ be awesome. Get yer’ Sucogu to Ga. PRONTO.

Friar for whom the bell perpetually tolls. I love you, even your clown-sized shoes. When not personally writing, I have had no more fun than traipsing about the island’s topics following your fire-breathing toa (in all his versions). Although you come and go as the wind blows (that’s life and I forgive you my friend) you always return in the end to offer some fabulous comedy and action.

In all, it’s been a great year, and I’ve seen so much improve in everyone, including myself. I don’t consider myself a fabulous writer by any means, but I do enjoy what I have to offer.

See you on LEVEL 2,

Kughii

I'm pretty sure that is longer then most people's farewell posts, which I though it might be at first glance.

As it is, flowery (and not so flowery) speeches at the end of such a long arc are hardly out of place.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Okay, so I informed word that the members of the Horde are going to have their characters from that join my characters group, the Skakdi Liberation League. Here is a description of it for them:

The Skakdi of the SLL feel threatened and oppressed by Toa. They are trying to 'liberate' Mata Nui from the Toa for the Skakdi by killing them. It's led by my character Vhohan, and a good portion of them wear masks altered to appear threatening so they can hide their identities and to make a statement about how Toa are threatening to them. They are friendly to Matoran and Vortixx. They are neutral to Turaga, seeing as how they were once Toa, but gave up their power to become Turaga.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Guys, Nuju is currently viewing this forum! Maybe he's about to post Season 2. :begging:

Impatient much? :P

I seriously doubt the new stuff will come until tomorrow. Some of us are still finishing our wrap-ups, and while I'm sure it'll start on time, I really don't think it'll start early.

Q2TtLEz.png

I thought that Kughii's speech was long, that wrap up post was massive. It might be the biggest yet, certainly one of the most interesting and well written.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Friar Tuck's been viewing the topic for hours, maybe he's writing the start of mid 2013-late 2015 aka BZPRPG 2013? :P

Or he's been on and off looking up information, taking stock of the current game, figuring out final details on what needs to go, be modified, etc for the new arc. A lot of live chatting with players and friends alike regarding mostly about the weekend reboot.

Speaking of, what is the link for the most CURRENT/POPULAR Wiki regarding the Bzprpg? I have one in the Rules and Index topic, but that seems to mostly refer to the old game. I'll be keeping that one for reference, but is there an updated one? One that focuses on the last two years and this game? If someone could get it to me that would be great.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Friar Tuck's been viewing the topic for hours, maybe he's writing the start of mid 2013-late 2015 aka BZPRPG 2013? :P

We're all excited about the start of the next season, but there is little point to guessing when it's going to start. A better use to all your excitement would be in making characters for the new season. :)

EDIT: And there's Tuck, explaining away.

Edited by thebeggerpie

WIP

Or he's been on and off looking up information, taking stock of the current game, figuring out final details on what needs to go, be modified, etc for the new arc. A lot of live chatting with players and friends alike regarding mostly about the weekend reboot.

Speaking of, what is the link for the most CURRENT/POPULAR Wiki regarding the Bzprpg? I have one in the Rules and Index topic, but that seems to mostly refer to the old game. I'll be keeping that one for reference, but is there an updated one? One that focuses on the last two years and this game? If someone could get it to me that would be great.

Talk to Ghosthands or Snark about that, they seem to be the ones in charge of it.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Encyclopaedia_of_the_BZPRPG_Wiki

Also, Wander?I have about as much authority on the Wiki as I have here. :P Ghost and Mango are the admins.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Or he's been on and off looking up information, taking stock of the current game, figuring out final details on what needs to go, be modified, etc for the new arc. A lot of live chatting with players and friends alike regarding mostly about the weekend reboot. Speaking of, what is the link for the most CURRENT/POPULAR Wiki regarding the Bzprpg? I have one in the Rules and Index topic, but that seems to mostly refer to the old game. I'll be keeping that one for reference, but is there an updated one? One that focuses on the last two years and this game? If someone could get it to me that would be great.
On the off-chance I have not been ninja'd, here: http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Encyclopaedia_of_the_BZPRPG_WikiEDIT: Called it >_> Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

@ Tuck: Or that :P

@beggerpie: For all you know I could be making new characters. But I probably shouldn't, considering I was in the RPG less than a month.

Edit: New char idea: Name: Guy who pestered Tuck, wears mask of eternal shameness :P

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Thanks Snarky; this way I can get a head-start on the Rules and Index updates. It's already in the process of being torn down, but I can't do the major overhaul until the minor rule editions are ratified and the new topics are up so I can link them.

But every little bit helps :P Thanks again.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

Ok guys, you're the one reading this stuff, so I want another perspective: is the layout of the Rules and Index alright? I'm not speaking of the details or specifics within the posts, I mean the way it's put together. More specifically, would it make more sense to have the index to the regions/playable locations INSIDE the first post with the rest of the quick links, or should it remain hidden two posts down? The other option is to leave it as is but simply add more detail and flavor to the region link post, a sort of cliff note to the region so that post is NOT hidden as much between the FAQ and the Common Sense Guide.

Thoughts?

EDIT: hey, look at that. Broke 4k post. Woot... finally.

Edited by Friar Tuck

I think a lot of people have been going through BZPRPG withdrawals this week.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Well, uh... Just putting this here...

"Sleep, little brother. Sleep well..."

so yeah. Chekov's Gun, randomly bringing back a character from earlier this year, overused tropes, and sappiness to the max... Hardly my best post, but whatevs, y'know?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Well, uh... Just putting this here...

"Sleep,little brother. Sleep well..."

so yeah. Chekov's Gun, Chokov's Gunman, randomly bringing back a character from earlier this year, overused tropes, and sappiness to the max... Hardly my best post, but whatevs, y'know?

yay, Nokth doesn't have to bury Decaia yet. xP

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

@Tuck: Maybe this is just me being impatient, but I prefer whatever gets the RPG up quicker.

Edit: Okay, I just looked at it and I think its fine. I wouldn't quite call it hidden and its pretty easy to find the topics without going there anyways.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Ok guys, you're the one reading this stuff, so I want another perspective: is the layout of the Rules and Index alright? I'm not speaking of the details or specifics within the posts, I mean the way it's put together. More specifically, would it make more sense to have the index to the regions/playable locations INSIDE the first post with the rest of the quick links, or should it remain hidden two posts down? The other option is to leave it as is but simply add more detail and flavor to the region link post, a sort of cliff note to the region so that post is NOT hidden as much between the FAQ and the Common Sense Guide. Thoughts? EDIT: hey, look at that. Broke 4k post. Woot... finally.

Last I checked it was ok the way it is. Let me take a quick look just to be sure...EDIT: Well, coming from a guy who's barely been here since December, I'd say it looks ok as-is, but if you see any way to improve it who am I to say no? Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

Ok guys, you're the one reading this stuff, so I want another perspective: is the layout of the Rules and Index alright? I'm not speaking of the details or specifics within the posts, I mean the way it's put together. More specifically, would it make more sense to have the index to the regions/playable locations INSIDE the first post with the rest of the quick links, or should it remain hidden two posts down? The other option is to leave it as is but simply add more detail and flavor to the region link post, a sort of cliff note to the region so that post is NOT hidden as much between the FAQ and the Common Sense Guide.

Thoughts?

EDIT: hey, look at that. Broke 4k post. Woot... finally.

I quite like the current layout of the Rules and Index. I do think that including links to the regions in the first post would probably work quite well, though they re not the hardest of topics to find. Leaving them on their own in a separate post means that only those directly looking for it will find it, but for those a little lost, it might be missed.

I think that adding more detail and flavor to the post about the regions seems the best idea to me, it would increase the visibility, but still remain unobtrusive for those just looking for the rules.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles