Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I was thinking something similiar earlier today, but with a different player for each Toa, and the standard six elements. Kind of like replacements of the Toa Mata, if that makes sense.

Why is it that nobody had ever made a Toa team using six of the less-common elements? Like:-Iron-Gravity-Jungle-Magnetism-Plasma-CrystalWhy does nobody do that? I mean, really. The above is just a possible example.
There was once a Toa Team which was led by a Toa of Lightning, and possessed a Toa of Plantlife, Toa of Sonics, Toa of Plasma, a Toa of Water, and a Toa of Fire.It was mostly made of secondary elements.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

...Crystal's an element? o_OWouldn't that just be another variation of rock, like earth?

Only in the BZPRPG.Actually, no. Its the same thing as stone and earth. Both are similar but different. Stone controles stones/rock. Crystal controles crystal. For example: a Toa of Stone could create a wall of rock, while a Toa of Crystal could make a wall of crystal.They're two completely different elements.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I also believe that crystaline creations would be stronger and lighter then stone creations.So, it's like stone only a different material. Although, one of the disadvantages would be the lack of natural crystal to absorb for EP. Lots of stone around, but not so much crystal.EDIT: Well, maybe because there are many different types of crystal, not just frozen water.

Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

There are special uses for crystal. Diamond, Obsidian and Sand have been used under the banner of a Toa of Crystals, and it serves as a unique counter to Earth, Stone and Ice in that it combines the strengths of all of them with none of the weaknesses. It is subterranean, has the structure to shatter Stone, and does not conduct energy like Ice does. In most cases, it comes out on top.

And I might be making a Toa of Plasma sometime... Once I stop being so lazy... Ok, that's never gonna happen... But the Toa of Plasma is coming!EDIT: Wait a sec. I keep on forgetting Nuju isn't the only staffie now. :POK, so maybe not a Toa of Plasma... But a custom element if it gets approved.

Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I've got a Toa of Plant-life named 'Tuxedo Mask'...He might be interested in joining said team.

Whatever happened to him? He ran off and I never did follow your posts after that. :P
He ran off to Ga-Wahi, he sensed his 'destiny' is somewhere around there... :P

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I like the idea of using secondary elements. Although there is some controversy over crystal and some of them don't have prefixes, I would totally be in on a Toa Team like that.Although I think you should replace Crystal with Lightning to make it all canon.Any premier guys around to make a blog post?I call dibs on Crystal. If it's changed to Lightning, I call dibs on that.

...There's gonna be like three Toa of Crystals on the team...

Two, I'll surrender my Toa of Crystal in favour of magnetism. That should be fun too. :P
I have a Toa of Magnetism.His name is Incommodo.Also, I call dibs on the Toa of Sonics, if there is one. Edited by Paradoxophobia

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

There are special uses for crystal. Diamond, Obsidian and Sand have been used under the banner of a Toa of Crystals, and it serves as a unique counter to Earth, Stone and Ice in that it combines the strengths of all of them with none of the weaknesses. It is subterranean, has the structure to shatter Stone, and does not conduct energy like Ice does. In most cases, it comes out on top.

Indeed- and crystal obviously has a repeting pattern of atoms. That's why its called crystal. Technically anything that comes from the ground with this repeting crystal structure would fall under the control of a Toa of Crystal, like obsidian.

Indeed- and crystal obviously has a repeting pattern of atoms. That's why its called crystal. Technically anything that comes from the ground with this repeting crystal structure would fall under the control of a Toa of Crystal, like obsidian.
The expert has spoken.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I'm going to work...first day on my new job...No clue when I'll be back....bye!

What you need is a smartphone, so you can browse BZPower when you're meant to be working. Oh, and an absent boss. And a very quiet, uneventful, rainy day.Not that anyone here does that...:P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I was thinking something similiar earlier today, but with a different player for each Toa, and the standard six elements. Kind of like replacements of the Toa Mata, if that makes sense.

Why is it that nobody had ever made a Toa team using six of the less-common elements? Like:
:kaukau: I thought of doing that, but I suppose they lack that prototypical personality that goes with that that comes with the other, more classical elements, which to me better personify the characters I plan on making someday. But not today.By the way, I'm thinking of having a Toa called Dimensioneer. Would that be blasphemy? Because it's a name I tossed around before ever joining BZPower.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

:kaukau: No, I mean that the username for one of this site's administrators is the venerable Dimensioneer.It's a bit of a pity that the Olmek isn't an allowed kanohi in this game, because it would have been the perfect mask power for that character.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

So... I can just cover myself in a thin shell of diamond, then? If any of you have seen Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist... it would be kinda like his super-shell, except with some gaps around the joints.

@Katuko: Pretty much. However, although diamond can only be scratched by diamond, it can still be shattered by a hammer, unfortunately.@Tyrannosaurus Kraggh- they're only called gemstones because they come from the ground and are hard like stones. However, there is a difference- crystals have a repeting structure in their molecules, called a crystal structure. Stone molecules have no definite pattern.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Due to extensive research done by the Fourchon University of Science, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows.Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed.They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine.They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors.They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours.They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond and the resulting explosion shifted the Earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the Earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards midwestern Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour.They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive.Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles, and the result proved that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

:kaukau: At first I didn't know where you were going with your humor there, Automoton, and then for a moment I thought you were having a number of terrible typos in a row, but near the end I must say that I was laughing. Although I already told somebody else that they had made my day, so no cigar for you.Saying that Crystal has an edge over Stone and Earth, okay. That makes sense (although I still say that crystal falls underneath stone), although I don't get what edge it has over Ice, other than that they can often be shaped similarly. The element of Ice is also about cryo-kinesis, which can be used in a ton of different ways, most important of which is making sure that your lemonade never gets warm on a hot summer day.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh