Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Well, someone's attacking The Fearless Leader's Aexias, where I have a character heading, who she will subsequently hire to even the odds.So if your character is a bounty hunter, (s)he could hunt Aexias, like a half dozen others.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I'll be starting a faction. I am not at liberty to give details at this moment, but I can assure it will be good. If you feel like you'd like to take part, and are capable of joining forces, reply or fire me a PM. This offer will not last long.

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

ATTENTION ALL BZPRPG PLAYERS This is a general announcement concerning the use of elemental powers. Today's topic: SUB-POWERS Before I begin, I would just like to comment that, as many of you are finding out, I am being a lot more lenient on abilities, weapons, masks, powers, etc this time around. This is your character, your game, and you should be free to make and do as you please, and rightfully so. But there ARE limits, and in the spirit of bionicle, powers should be limited to ONE; characters should not be able to use two elemental powers in any circumstance. Now, there are obvious exceptions, the two most prominent being elemental masks (such as the mask of gravity) and sub-powers. In both cases the user of these additional powers does have full control, but do not have as much ability or sheer force of will with them as say a Toa of Gravity; the toa's skill would easily trump the one wearing the mask. In regards to sub-powers, what are they exactly? Definition is as follows: - A power that involve(s) manipulating only a certain portion of an existing traditional Elemental Power So in other words, with unusual or creative applications of some powers, you can end up exhibiting others, almost a duel-power. There are several in canon that are mentioned, and other that well follow the logic train very well. In that sense I will allow SOME sub-powers, but not others. Now I know many people have approached me with rather well-put arguments for one power to be used as another, and according to logic and physics completely possible. I am however deciding to stick with canon on this, and with one exception the only sub-powers allowed will be the ones that follow: Heat - Allows the user to create, control, and absorb heat; a Fire/Plasma-based power Vaccum- Allows the user to create and control vacuums; an Air-based power Cyclone - Allows the user to create a whirlwind of air; an Air-based powerCold - Allows the user to make the temperature drop ; an Ice-based power Silence - Allows the user to generate a field of silence; a Sonics-based powerElectromagnetism - Allows the user to create and control magnetism via electricity through metal; an Electricity-based power Examples of sub-powers that are very much possible but are not allowed would be using are to manipulate Air molecules to move so fast that they cause objects to burst into flame, then manipulate the air (particularly oxygen) to control the flame. This is but one example, but I'm sure you get the idea. Now I've been asked/seen a few "temporary/situational" abilities in regards to powers, and just because I can, I'm going to pick on The Captain because he's the best example. In his profile he states: Ultan is a high-caliber elementalist in Fire, in that, under the correct circumstances, he can create enough heat and friction in the air around him to create lightning. He cannot control lightning, but can launch it and direct it on heat flows in a direct line at a target. This I WILL allow, as long as it is a situational, temporary, non-controlled and HIGHLY DANGEROUS maneuver. Sometimes thing happen (either at random because the right ingredients are there, or out of knowledge/sheer will as above) that are interesting application of powers, and I see no reason to ban that. If however these additional little abilities turn into "Aha I can now control THIS power too gaaaaarrrr!" I will take them away. Thank you capt'n for volunteering, you may sit down now :P (BTW welcome back buddy!) This is just a clarification that will be put in the profile pages. I understand that this might limit a few things, but on the other hand I am giving permission for "additional" powers in the right circumstances. I hope you all understand and enjoy this little change! :D

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

A serious concern of mine is that there is seemingly no clear, direct villian now that Xa-Koro is gone.Because we can't just go blow up Makuta (we see what happened to those that tried) I don't see a clear threat, besides Rahi behavior being dangerous.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Well, if it's any consolation, I'm planning on having my character, Decaia, cause quite a bit of trouble in an unspecified village when I get around to posting, so you could go fight him... :P (Especially once he takes over the Kumu Islets and starts some random big war on tiny islands muahahahaha.....)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

A serious concern of mine is that there is seemingly no clear, direct villian now that Xa-Koro is gone. Because we can't just go blow up Makuta (we see what happened to those that tried) I don't see a clear threat, besides Rahi behavior being dangerous.

The whole point of a sandbox-style RPG is that we create our own villains and problems. You're correct about one thing, though: there is no clear threat. However, that can all change any day now. Plus, if history is any indication, there are already some top-tier villain-producing players in the game right now, so it is only a matter of time when major enemies are brought to the table.

I'll be starting a faction. I am not at liberty to give details at this moment, but I can assure it will be good. If you feel like you'd like to take part, and are capable of joining forces, reply or fire me a PM. This offer will not last long.

Guys seriously, take this to heart -- CJ's stuff is always awesome, and he's an amazing RPer to RP with. [if you can survive him. =P] But seriously, he's one of the best RPers around.

A serious concern of mine is that there is seemingly no clear, direct villian now that Xa-Koro is gone.

I personally prefer it that way. Now, anyone and everyone can be your villian. Also, don't worry, there'll be groups and organizations popping up soon enough; some good, some bad. Edit: Yeah, EW explained it better. newso1.png Edited by Toa_Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Well Toa_Velox I followed your advice, I was already interested. I'm thinking of creating a faction based off Project Freelancer from Red vs. Blue. I'll probably have a character being the Director (probably not exactly to the T). However, I need to know if there's any interest in it in the first place.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

wooooooot... sub-powers.... yeah! Haha, can't wait to -- oh snap, my character doesn't use elements. :P As for the whole "villain" thing EW mentioned, I completely agree: there are a LOT of players who like to do the villain (including moi, but that's tmi). And to The Captain: WELCOME BACK!!! --Kughii

Edited by Kughii

Would it be considered.... extreme or not allowed... if someone were to purposefully try to drown part of Onu- or Ga-Koro? Also I am a bit sad faced at the lack of any water sub-powers; but oh well. I'll live.

Hmmmm, let me think.... Ahhhhh... Eeerrrmmm... To drown a part of a village... The answer would be a definite "Duuuuuhh!"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

EW... I don't think Tuck would care... just do it and see what happens. :P (Make a toa go Nova.) At whoever mentioned a "lack" of water sub-powers: THE ARE WATER SUBPOWERS. It's just hard to think about how blood is largely WATER, or that all living things have WATER in them... as well as the fact that H2O is a pretty common substance in the air, as well as the ground. --Kughii

Yayzerz Alright, thanks Tuck. Can't wait for Hau to discover electromagnetism :devil: ...Eventually ;P And yeah, I have to agree with Kugh. Water can be controlled in many different forms. I mean, c'mon. It's probably the most common substance on Earth apart from air, and it's essential to life. Why wouldn't it have easily-abusable subpowers? ;P -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

That would be interesting to see... Drawing water from your surrounding isn't a sub-power, though. And I'm not sure the blood thing would be allowed, at least if used against another person. Though it would make a good back-up attack... I'll have to take note of that... EDIT: hm... Actually the ground thing could work; semi-instant quicksand and whatnot... I withdraw my previous claim. :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

BUT I LOVED what EW did to the storyline: It flushed a TON of players to other areas. :) Also, the Quicksand thingy isn't original at all... It's actually in a 2009 Bionicle comic. Gali sinks her Makuta foe into the muddy swamp bank. TO NEW(ER) PLAYERS: Please pay attention to, and play along with, other people's posts. If someone attacks you multiple times with something which would HIT, let it HIT, but play with it. If you don't want your character HURT, either RUN or PM the player to settle the score OFF the boards. I've seen a few fights already like this, as well as quite a bit of OOC only comments in the forums. Please just shift these OOC postings to a PM, it's really not that difficult and it makes the reading of the game so much easier. THANKS!! --Kughii

Edited by Kughii

besides a tryna? See about scavenging, fear, hunger, shape-shifting or even corrosion. A jutlin is a beautiful mask, if available. If known of those fit your taste, then I'd say a mask of shielding, since a "big bad" usually cares about self-preservation.--Kughii

Also, the Quicksand thingy isn't original at all... It's actually in a 2009 Bionicle comic. Gali sinks her Makuta foe into the muddy swamp bank.

I am aware of this; it was just an example that came to mind -- I never claimed it as an original idea, so... Aaanyway, Decaia's wandering around Le-Wahi if anyone feels like interacting. Free for a conversation or an argument or a fight or something......I'm not picky. :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

The Great Mask of Laser Vision (a custom mask approved by Tuck; you can see its full description my profile here) is a decent villainous Kanohi. However, do note that as stated further down in the profile, it requires people to be able to see to shoot lasers ;P As well, it's probably not as typically villainous as the aforementioned Jutlin. -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have 2 approved masks from before the downtime that I was told I can keep and I was going to set up a group of 7. So the 5 most evil masks. Tryna, I would use but I remember that it is/was used a lot in this RP, so I might avoid it. The Laser vision one might work out. I don't remember what all the masks Kughii mentioned do so I'll have to look those up.

My RPG character profiles :D

It's so great to have BZP back. :3

Well, things in Le-Wahi are getting, interesting, the first staff character was seen there too, this Vidar guy, speared a matoran in the back of the neck, ouch. Anyway, I have a sick feeling with that guy Vidar heading toward Le-koro, and my guy is about to take a different character to Le-koro for a grand tour, things might get, messy...if we run into each other. Ya, this will be fun.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

A serious concern of mine is that there is seemingly no clear, direct villian now that Xa-Koro is gone. Because we can't just go blow up Makuta (we see what happened to those that tried) I don't see a clear threat, besides Rahi behavior being dangerous.

The whole point of a sandbox-style RPG is that we create our own villains and problems. You're correct about one thing, though: there is no clear threat. However, that can all change any day now. Plus, if history is any indication, there are already some top-tier villain-producing players in the game right now, so it is only a matter of time when major enemies are brought to the table.
I think Nuju Metru is a good example of this. Unfortunately I don't think that char's coming back. :P Edited by Phauxx
phauxxblack2.jpg

While I have no problem with a sandbox RPG, will the staff still occasionally give us stuff to do? Like missions and quests?I ask because I HAVE been part of an RPG in the past where the players were left to their own thing and the end result was...not every good.

Don't worry. The thing is, the Friar probably has the big guns still in the reserves. I wouldn't worry about major things happening. Plus with the early phase of any RPG things would move at a ludicrous pace with a lot of things to do.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

While I have no problem with a sandbox RPG, will the staff still occasionally give us stuff to do? Like missions and quests?I ask because I HAVE been part of an RPG in the past where the players were left to their own thing and the end result was...not every good.

Don't worry. The thing is, the Friar probably has the big guns still in the reserves. I wouldn't worry about major things happening. Plus with the early phase of any RPG things would move at a ludicrous pace with a lot of things to do.
Vezok is right; while this IS a sandbox, there are/will be background events that keep the island moving, or at least moving a good direction. Besides, if things get out of hand I can always play The Makuta card and get things back to where they were, not that I would of course... :rolleyes: As for Quests I have been doing them for the past year: go and see a canon character (say a turaga or the like) and after some dialogue I'll give you a quest, and myself or my staff may or may not play the obstacles in your way. I'm not going to hand them out, seeing how most players are fine without them, but I will give them to you if you ask and seek. Best way to do it is to PM a staff member when and where your character is, to whom he is speaking to, and when we get a moment we will begin RPing with your character. DON'T ask in the GD or in-game, because we will NEVER see it, or see it as bad taste :P

Has your best friend been murdered? Did you come home to find your family killed, and not a clue as to who to destroy in your attempts for revenge? Then you need the help of an expert, someone with centuries of training in the ways of solving murders, you need...

DARK C INVESTIGATIONS

​Now open for business in Onu-Koro.

"We solve any crime, any time. As long as the crime is murder."

Also: Now hiring Lackeys Assistant investigators!

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles