Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I thought of that, but I think it makes more sense to put it here, as this thread probably gets more traffic.

Perhaps link to your profile from here, but people should be reading profiles when they engage characters anyway. I don't think posting a profile here is necessary at all.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Yes, but this thread isn't really for posting character information, and while I recognize that this is species information, it's not that different. Besides...

Alright guys, this is the General Discussion Topic, or GD for short. Here you can talk about the game in general, catch up on recent events, or just chill out. If you have a specific question to ask staff, please use the provided links above to contact us directly, for any reason.

Nothing about posting information. Just place link to your post on the Profile pages topic in your sig, and if anybody is curious about said spicies thay can go to that post to learn more.Edit: Shoot, took too long. :P Edited by ckmc

Lacertus

So, on the completely different topic of the Emotional Spectrum...The pieces are converging together into a small band of Love, Mardi, Despair, and Yghari. Anyone who has been approved for Emotional Spectrum-ness, could you please add your char. into play?Available Positions are Hope and Fear, unless I got something wrong there.

Or you could create a topic on the wiki like Ghosthands did with the Lesterin, then link to it in your sig.

And look how many Lesterin there are running around XD
Geisthaende, that reminds me: I gotta apologize. I was going to make a Lesterin at some point. That species interested me.But 'then' is not 'now'. Now I have seen the true light. My friend, I've presently converted to the one supreme cult:AKRAINISM.Cuz we get regeneratin' amphibious lizards who FIREBREATHE. :smeag: On another note, is there a consensus on where the school'll be yet? I haven't been following the discussion topic that much.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I think the consensus for the location of the monastery would be Ko-koro/wahi. I personally think it needs to be detached from all the villages, but in the land of ice is a great idea... Brings back memories of training aikido in the snow: "for the sake of MARTIAL ARTS I will ENDUREE!!!!"Yes, let's do this karate kid style: "Go clean the windows. Left hand soap, right hand wax. Wax on, wax off. Yes, see? Okay, do it."

Or you could create a topic on the wiki like Ghosthands did with the Lesterin, then link to it in your sig.

And look how many Lesterin there are running around XD
Geisthaende, that reminds me: I gotta apologize. I was going to make a Lesterin at some point. That species interested me.But 'then' is not 'now'. Now I have seen the true light. My friend, I've presently converted to the one supreme cult:AKRAINISM.Cuz we get regeneratin' amphibious lizards who FIREBREATHE. :smeag: On another note, is there a consensus on where the school'll be yet? I haven't been following the discussion topic that much.-The Fearless Leader
At least, those of a certain tribe firebreathe.http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=123&view=findpost&p=1975Follow this link if you wish to know which, my friends.

helo frens

GH [Ghosthands] pointed out to me recently that there were only two Toa in the game who were Tryna-users.I think this is rather strange. Is it just because use of the mask by Toa is frowned upon, or do most people have different favourite masks?In other news, that Vortixx I mentioned is still in Onu-Koro. Please interact. Please! I'm begging you! :crying:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Well you have to remember that most players are often the exception to the rule. While in the Mythos, use of the Tryna was frowned upon, it wasn't not overtly banned from use. That being said with players playing "Corrupted Toa" they can simply not care about the rules simply for the fact that the Tryna serves their purpose. Also yes, People often have certain favorite masks. I enjoy the Miru more for it's ability back when it first came out as well as it's aerodynamic and aesthetically pleasing look. Tanuka carries a KauKau simply because it serves the purpose of breathing underwater. For a Toa that enjoys being underwater it's a necessity. (Though she seems to be staying on land a lot...)

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

TBH, that's not that big a thing. Very few chars in the game have masks like Healing and Biomechanics-I only remember ONE with an Iden (Wraith), and I read through all profiles at least one a week.Of course, though, Kakamas are rampant. It's no surprise that super-speed is so popular. Seemingly easy to use and fitting for many a hero and villain with hit-and-run styles of fighting. -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Pirok, what's your Vortixx's alignment?

Well, that's the strange thing. He's evil, but he's against Makuta.He's convinced the only way to defeat Makuta is to kill every being on the island, and he also believes he knows how to do this. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Then I believe, I might have found a possible solution for your Vortixx. My characters and co. are in Onu-Koro, wandering around but I've scheduled a meeting with Nex once he's done talking with Venen. If you don't know about Nex, he's some turaga who hires people to kill specific targets and leave tablets saying 'Nex' on them. I think you might want to steer your Vortixx in his direction but if you do, my characters could interact with yours since we'd all be heading on over to Nex. Waddya think?

GH [Ghosthands] pointed out to me recently that there were only two Toa in the game who were Tryna-users.I think this is rather strange. Is it just because use of the mask by Toa is frowned upon, or do most people have different favourite masks?

It's probably part that and part the fear that using a Tryna could be viewed as1) an excuse for people to attack the "evil" Toa2) an attempt to get a personal army3) useless, because bodies are actually not that easy to come by.Matoro used his to great effect, but he had a whole lot of fish bones to work with, and there weren't all that many people around to complain about it. If you start using undead servants in a Koro, you will most likely get some fierce backlash by the population. In the end a Tryna might be more trouble than it's worth. :)

You know what I haven't seen done very often with Kakamas?Inertia.

Based on Pohatu's use of his Kakama, you don't need to build up any speed first, you can launch straight into a super-run and have full control during it. If you shut off the power at your own will (and not trip or something), I think you stop pretty much instantly.

Theres also a Matoran with a Tryna. Lampshaded when Naru actually asked about why he wore the mask.

That's not a lampshade-hanging. That's a legitimate in-character question, given that the mask is seen to be amoral. Lampshade hanging would be if the Matoran himself commented on how nobody seems to mind his very odd choice of mask shape. In Matoran society I think it would be like someone wearing pajamas to a formal suit party: even if it does no harm it's just in plain bad taste and sticks out.(Of course, that mask still looks a lot cooler than the Sanok, Elda, etc...) Edited by Katuko

GH [Ghosthands] pointed out to me recently that there were only two Toa in the game who were Tryna-users.I think this is rather strange. Is it just because use of the mask by Toa is frowned upon, or do most people have different favourite masks?

It's probably part that and part the fear that using a Tryna could be viewed as1) an excuse for people to attack the "evil" Toa2) an attempt to get a personal army3) useless, because bodies are actually not that easy to come by.Matoro used his to great effect, but he had a whole lot of fish bones to work with, and there weren't all that many people around to complain about it. If you start using undead servants in a Koro, you will most likely get some fierce backlash by the population. In the end a Tryna might be more trouble than it's worth. :)

You know what I haven't seen done very often with Kakamas?Inertia.

Based on Pohatu's use of his Kakama, you don't need to build up any speed first, you can launch straight into a super-run and have full control during it. If you shut off the power at your own will (and not trip or something), I think you stop pretty much instantly.

Theres also a Matoran with a Tryna. Lampshaded when Naru actually asked about why he wore the mask.

That's not a lampshade-hanging. That's a legitimate in-character question, given that the mask is seen to be amoral. Lampshade hanging would be if the Matoran himself commented on how nobody seems to mind his very odd choice of mask shape. In Matoran society I think it would be like someone wearing pajamas to a formal suit party: even if it does no harm it's just in plain bad taste and sticks out.(Of course, that mask still looks a lot cooler than the Sanok, Elda, etc...)
I said Tryna-users. Matoran's Tryna would be powerless, so they couldn't use them.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Alright here is a rough outline of what the school could be.Location: Ko-Koro, right around the foothills of Mt. Ihu, remote but also not completely isolated.Structure8-10 Regular Teachers who each teach one subject for multiple classes.2-4 Advanced Teachers who take on proteges and teach them multiple things, not every student may become a protege.Traveling guests, who may come for a little bit and teach special classes for a while, before leaving.RoomsSmall Courtyard or Gym in center of monastery, filled with various practice dummies and the like.A couple of classrooms for the teachers, start off small with each room about the size of a bedroom.Library, biggest part of school, filled with books on many topics.Dorms, for teachers and students.Small cafeteria.That's my two cents on the school.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Alright here is a rough outline of what the school could be.Location: Ko-Koro, right around the foothills of Mt. Ihu, remote but also not completely isolated.Structure8-10 Regular Teachers who each teach one subject for multiple classes.2-4 Advanced Teachers who take on proteges and teach them multiple things, not every student may become a protege.Traveling guests, who may come for a little bit and teach special classes for a while, before leaving.RoomsSmall Courtyard or Gym in center of monastery, filled with various practice dummies and the like.A couple of classrooms for the teachers, start off small with each room about the size of a bedroom.Library, biggest part of school, filled with books on many topics.Dorms, for teachers and students.Small cafeteria.That's my two cents on the school.

Sounds decent. But I'd change the location to right near the border of Ko-Wahi with Ga- and Ta-, because one may presume the climate is more mild there and that would recieve more traffic. As well, it would supply users of different elements with more of their element to work with.Otherwise I like your idea. IMHO it doesn't need much tweaking to become the actual stuff on the school.On another note about the school: Seeing as I'm founder of the CRANE, may my character be the founder of the whole shebang? She'd definitely attract people to it, if only because of rep.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

I'm still kinda meh about the books, since I'm a believer in stone tablets and walls instead, and I don't like the cafeteria room, but other than that, it's cool.I think a better idea for starting the "school" is to have a few of the characters meet in-game and decide to create the monastery and be the founding members of it. I have a character in mind and would be glad to be a part of that group.

Sounds decent. But I'd change the location to right near the border of Ko-Wahi with Ga- and Ta-, because one may presume the climate is more mild there and that would recieve more traffic. As well, it would supply users of different elements with more of their element to work with.Otherwise I like your idea. IMHO it doesn't need much tweaking to become the actual stuff on the school.On another note about the school: Seeing as I'm founder of the CRANE, may my character be the founder of the whole shebang? She'd definitely attract people to it, if only because of rep.-The Fearless Leader
I picked Ko-Wahi because I could tie it in with one of my character's profiles. Also considering the mindset of Ko-Matoran in Metru-Nui, they seem more likely to have made a place for traveling scholars to visit. As for founder, I had a dead character in mind, which would give an excuse for one of my characters being there. However your char could be the principle.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

@EW: Lulyeah, I didn't notice the books. But I agree with your stance on them.@Onarax: Yeah, which is why I said it should still be there.About my char being principal: If she is, do not expect her to be a very conventional one. Naara isn't exactly your average teacher.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

@TFL- My bad I thought you said in Ga or Ta-Wahi, I missed the border part.Doesn't have to be conventional, just get the job done. Vernadon sure won't be conventional, he is pretty much a personification of chance.Books just there as a more relatable example, tablets work just as well.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg