Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I'm surprised no-one was angered when I revealed that the massive amounts of people joining in the fight against Echelon and Vidar was my fault. :P

...WHAT?! :censored: :spank: :upset: !!! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif :burnmad: :wired: :OMG: :evilmad: :headbonk: :bah-sign: :smash:
Well, you see...Pulse kinda walked into Kini-Nui, and walked out.It turns out, as soon as I was outta Kini-Nui, everyone else decided to leave too...And they followed me...And I went to the fight...And they followed me...Then I joined in...Then...Well, I think you get the picture.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

It wasn't entirely Pirok's fault. Everyone else chose to follow Pulse and Mataiti (I believe my one of my chars suggested it), and just ended up getting in each other's way.

Well my character follows Nitro's characters who followed your characters who followed Pirok's characters... :lol:

Basically, it was the domino effect, and I knocked over the first domino. :P

... :censored: :spank: :upset: !!! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif :burnmad: :wired: :OMG: :evilmad: :headbonk: :bah-sign: :smash:XD It's OK, I don't really mind ;)However, it did seem awfully convenient at the time...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

It wasn't entirely Pirok's fault. Everyone else chose to follow Pulse and Mataiti (I believe my one of my chars suggested it), and just ended up getting in each other's way.

Well my character follows Nitro's characters who followed your characters who followed Pirok's characters... :lol:

Basically, it was the domino effect, and I knocked over the first domino. :P

... :censored: :spank: :upset: !!! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif :burnmad: :wired: :OMG: :evilmad: :headbonk: :bah-sign: :smash:XD It's OK, I don't really mind ;)However, it did seem awfully convenient at the time...
Well, convenient to us heroes, but somewhat inconvenient to Echelon.BTW, I've made pages for Proditor and Pulse on the wiki.I would have emoticons here, but quoting you has made it impossible. WHY, GH, WHY? :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Trust me, you'll be back and you'll keep adding more stuff. Yoooou caaan't resissssist the call of the wiiiikiiiiiii...On another note, I seem to have lost my group to inactivity. <_< Oh well. Most I can do is forge on ahead.Sticking to that note I've noticed that a lot of player's who've posted profiles don't really seem to be playing. Do we need a springboard location for the Rookies to make it easier for them to dive in? Personally I'm not against opening up the Marines to players to craft their own groups similar to mine and using "Marina" as a springboard for new players to make their first post. It's that first one they seem to have trouble with, kind of looking for something they can join in on.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

-proceeds to landslide activity in Ga-Koro to get Kalama's attention-Seriously though, what happened to the group there? Seems like its only Rakata and TFL.Game on, Kalama.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Okay I have a question for all the people in the topic that this is being posted in right now.Do you have the ability to inspire Fear/Hope in others?Do people Run/Flock to your characters for Fear of Their Lives/Guidance?Is your favorite food Waffles/Muaka Blood?Then you might have what it takes to become the next member of the Emotional Spectrum Group!Now, I know what you're thinking. Nitro, you handsomely handsome man, how can we join?I'm glad you asked random BZPFan. The ES is a group partially based on the Emotional Spectrum from DC's Green Lantern comic books. We have almost all of the positions filled up, except for Hope and Fear. This offer only goes on for a limited time, so act now!To order, PM Nitro Frost/Skarloth/Infinitus/The Mask/King of No Isles/Nitro Frost at their BZP account, and you could be the proud owner of a character in the ES!We are not responsible for any mortal blows your character takes while under the influence of Love Indigo. No, seriously. Whatever she says, don't listen.

Okay, so, in Le-Wahi:Our group teamed up against Echelon and Vidar, and then a whole lot more people from the Kini-Nui came, then I kept trying to do smart things and freeze Echelon and some cool dude kept hitting him with fireballs, and un-freezing him.Then Echelon escaped, so JL trapped Vidar. Then Vidar escaped, and then The Shadow walked in.And, no, I didn't write cool dude, I wrote cool dude.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Hello, chaps.As y'may have noticed from the lovely liddle picture at the bottom of me signature, Lohkar has finally made his long-awaited (well, by me, anyway) arrival in MOC form. As Lohkar has interacted with a goodly number of your characters, I would suggest takin' a look...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

....Exactly what kind of attention are you trying to elicit from me there KNI? I'm in Ga-Wahi several bios Northwest almost to the Po-Wahi border nowhere NEAR inside Ga-Koro. Only attention you'll get is that of the Marines. :D

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Just so those of you in Le-Wahi interacting with The Shadow, Pirok, Pulse, Proditor, and Invisible know, Pulse has been revealed to know The Shadow's name.Would someone please post. (GH, this means you! :P)EDIT: Sorry, GH, only just got a notification saying you'd posted. :P

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

....Exactly what kind of attention are you trying to elicit from me there KNI? I'm in Ga-Wahi several bios Northwest almost to the Po-Wahi border nowhere NEAR inside Ga-Koro. Only attention you'll get is that of the Marines. :D

Exactly. >:]

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

wow, alot has happened in po-wahi overnight. im ready for a fight, but make it quick, because im leaving for vacation this afternoon.EDIT:EW, are you going to make a page in the new wiki for stannis's group?double edit:anybody in stannis's group can RP as nichou from now on until i get back from my vacation on sunday, m'kay?

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

For personal reference when using the Faxon, I have made a list of Rahi abilities and organized them roughly after environment. If will post it here for anyone who cares. Note that some of these abilities are guesswork based on the Rahi (I went through the whole list and tried to judge what was an innate ability and what came from body shape and/or tools) and some of them are quite obviously "overpowered" if not used with the utmost discretion.For example, when we were fighting a Mana-Ko at Kini-Nui, I had Naru copy its disintegration beam. She could only do this because she saw the Rahi using it right there, and when she used it she had no idea of how it would fire (eyes, hands, the kick-back, etc). Also, the fight was dragging on and using the beam at that point was just a drop in the bucket compared to all the elements that were flying around. If I were to use it in a more "normal" fight, it would be lame and unfair. As such, anyone using a powerful ability should take care not to misuse it.Some powers also duplicate other mask powers. I would advise against using the Faxon for this, simply because it would sort of conflict with the "only one mask can be worn at a time" rule. If done, you should come up with a pretty darn good reason and/or suitable downside to the power. For example, the Fader Bull has the ability to teleport, like a Kualsi. It leaves an after-image, but that's hardly a problem. The real downside may be that barely anyone has ever heard of these bulls, or it's very short-range and not "wherever you can see" as the Kualsi does. Or it gives you a headache that prevents you from using the mask again for a short while. Who knows? As said: at your discretion.Also remember that your character must actually know of the Rahi copied. You can't go "I need a laser" and use the Crystal Serpent power, because no-one on Mata Nui has heard of Arthaka's island. Even Vortixx and Skakdi would only have heard legends. Thus, not every Rahi on this list is even eligible for this RPG, but I have included them for the sake of completion. You can also invent a new Rahi, I guess, but again: take care not to go all deux ex machina with it.Now, without further ado, here's the list:LIST OF FAXON-POWERS BY ENVIRONMENTSome environments, like jungle and swamp, may overlap. Some of them obviously fall within the generic "land" category as well. Only a Noble Faxon really needs to worry about anything but the very general environment, though.Plains, mountain and other general land areas:- Intelligence and cunning (Artakha Bull)- Sharp claws (Ash Bear)- Weak elemental blast (Burnak, Gafna, depending on type and environment)- Energy blast causing vertigo or loss of balance (Cable Crawler)- Amphibious (Chute Lurker)- Produces nutritious energy (Colony Drone)- Turn sunlight into lasers (Crystal Serpent)- Paralyzing venom (Dagger Spider)- Consume inorganic Protodermis (Devourer)- Extremely toxic breath; resistance to own poison (Doom Viper)- Consume metallic Protodermis (Dust Darter)- Track energy signatures (Energy Hound)- Teleport with ghostly after-image (Fader Bull)- Acidic saliva (Fenrakk)- Strong webbing (Fikou)- Project smaller image of self while staying invisible (Gate Guardian)- Cloak opponent in shadow, making them unable to see or hear anything from outside the field, though anyone inside can still be seen and heard (Kahgarak)- Automatically build up and fire concussive force, with danger of exploding if not periodically discharged (Kardas Dragon)- Heal poison (Keetongu)- Accuracy (Kinloka; note: no extra strength or speed of the projectile, unlike the Sanok)- Long leap (Kirikori Nui)- Grow larger by absorbing kinetic energy (Kraawa)- Shapeshifting with power mimicry (Krahka)- Disintegration blast (Mana-Ko)- Brute strength (Manas)- Sedative venom (Metru Mantis)- Immunity to stasis (Muaka)- Sing even after death (Necrofinch; note that this power would be impossible to use properly)- Ghost-like form that "phases" through solid objects (Phase Dragon)- Sense elemental energy (Rahi Nui)- Change colors and camouflage (Roporak)- Light webbing laced with paralyzing venom (Silver Chute Spider)- Feed on anger (Spine Slug)- Absorb and assimilate any power or energy type when struck by it, for better or worse (Tunneler; note: body actually transforms into the material)Lava/heated area:- Poisonous shell (Fire Mahi)- Expel great amounts of heat (Hoto)- Increase skin temperature to the point where it melts metal when upset (Lava Eel; note: depends on mood, apparently)- Completely lava-resistant shell (Lava Hawk, Ranama)- Immune to being burnt by fire, self-ignition (Lawa Rat)Desert:- Shoot hardened magma ball (Catapult Scorpion)- Great stamina (Dikapi)- Powerful kick (Fusa)- White-hot hair when angered (Rock Lion)- Hide beneath the sand (Sand Tarakava)- Tunnel through sand and loose ground (Tunnel Stalker)- Hardened shell while charging (Votharak)Underground:- Natural instinct for cooperative action (Archives Mole)- Great sense of smell (Blade Burrower)- Perfect voice mimicry (Oohnorak; note: limited telepathy, but only for copying the voice)- Electric blast (Rahkshi-Headed Serpent)- Chameleon color (Rahkshi-Headed Serpent)- Naturally poisonous (Rock Worm)Water/swamp:- Petrifying sonic blast (Boggarak)- Water skating (Boggarak)- Self-inflation via water inhalation (Cave Fish)- Sense weather (Dermis Turtle)- Musical cry (Dermis Turtle)- Flight (Hoi)- Solid air bubble (Hydruka)- Bright body glow (Lightfish)- Naturally poisonous (Makika, Water Wraith)- Venomous bite (Niazesk, Venom Eel)- Shrink target (Sea Spider)- Life leech (Sea Squid)- Alluring appearance (Shallows Cat)Flying:- Acid spit (Air Serpent)- High speed with glowing electric field (Avohkah)- Terrifying screech (Cliff Screecher)- Swiftness (Kahu, Kewa)- Sonic scream (Klakk)- Slippery skin (Lohrak)- Absorb liquid protodermis (Nui-Rama)Jungle:- Venom (Bog Snake)- Frenzy (Brakas Monkey)- Blinding venom (Nui-Jaga)Snow, ice, cold areas:- Night Vision (Crystal Climber)- Absorb/copy intelligence (Frost Beetle)- Absorb heat from other beings (Frost Leech)- Earthquake (Ice Vermin)- Slowing down own life processes to almost nothing (Suukorak)

Edited by Katuko

There's no way I'm going to let people wear Kanohi Faxons if they can do all that.

They can't. I've got a character with a Faxon, so I've looked into this. It can only bestow powers the user knows about, which means any creature unknown on Mata Nui is right out thanks to that whole amnesia thing. That knocks out most of the creatures on Katuko's list.The mask is also limited to actual powers, so stuff like 'natural cunning' or 'naturally poisonous' are also eliminated.By my count the Faxon allows these powers-Cave Fish: growth through water retentionDermis Turtle: Weather PredictionHoto: Heat RadiationKikanalo: Sonic RoarLava rats: Spontaneous combustionLightning Bug: Electrical shocksMakika: Acidic venomMud Crawler: Acidic breathNui-Jaga: Blinding venomProto Drake/Ranama: Heat resistanceShore Turtle: FlightVatuka: Stone BlastsThere might be a few others I could add, looking at the list. I'm not sure whether Fikou webbing would count, I had no idea Muaka had any kind of stasis immunity, and Spine Slugs might count if they were brought to the island with the Skakdi Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Also, Katuko listed a lot of things that are not powers, but rather simply abilities or things the Rahi has. Like the claws. Otherwise it'd be like looking at a human and saying that you can now use opposable thumbs because "it's a human power."Bull twits. Doesn't work that way. Only true and real powers can be duplicated, not abilities. TPI has a far more accurate list of that.

The reason I listed things like "naturally poisonous" are that Hahli seemed to be able to copy those kinds of things. Mantax poisoned her, and she borrowed the "power" of a sea creature immune to poison. Hence, a Faxon would likely be able to copy such things.But please, read my disclaimer before the actual list. I clearly wrote that many of the powers wouldn't be available due to a lack of knowledge about them, and that if you were to use one you should be careful with it. Krahka, Keetongu, Avohkah, Rahi Nui and the Crystal Serpents are obviously examples of this. I put them on the list because I wrote it not specifically for this RPG, but fanfics in general.Finally: Remember that these powers can only really be used in the same environment that they are found.TPTI's list might be better for this RPG, though it's pretty short. Of course, that's because Mata Nui didn't have half the Rahi on the list anyways. :P