Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I can buy a blackness illusion.A rough calculation: the village map is about four inches long on my screen. If from at its widest point it's 200m, that means that there's 50m per inch. The treeline is (eyeballing it) about 1/2 an inch away. That puts the treeline at 25 meters (or for us imperial-using folks, 82 feet) away. Somewhat distant, but someone can cross that on foot pretty fast, not even considering a Toa's average foot speed.:w:

Okay, I'll end this Mahiki discussion with some official guidelines for the mask, which I guess needed establishing.The below description is pulled from BS01, and the important parts are bolded:

The Kanohi Mahiki is the Mask of Illusion. The Great version allows its user to shapeshift to a limited degree or to cast illusions. The user can shapeshift into forms of similar mass and imitate voices, but cannot copy any powers the original has. The Noble version does not let the user shapeshift. Instead, it only allows them to cast illusions. The Kanohi Rode will see through its usage, while a Kanohi Elda will allow its user to sense a being hidden by an illusion.
I have addressed the "shapeshifting to a limited degree" matter twice this week via PMs, and I've said the same thing both times. A Mahiki user, when casting an illusion upon themselves, is effectively visually shapeshifting. Unless somebody tried to touch the Mahiki user, they would have no idea that said Mahiki user was not what they appeared to be; this is the power of the mask. However, when shifted, a Mahiki user inherits none of the powers of what they are imitating, physical or otherwise. This means that when it comes to imitating Rahi, flight, sharp claws, strength, and any other perks of said Rahi, may not be used. This isn't the Mask of Kindred, after all. The Mahiki allows its user to perform visual illusions upon themselves, and only visual illusions. They do not become what they appear to be when their mask is in action. Insofar as invisibility/camouflage goes: you cannot cast illusions that imitate invisibility - the Mahiki also isn't the Huna/Volitak. What one can do to camouflage oneself is imitate an object of similar mass that would not be out-of-place in the setting, or paint one's body with rough, suitable color swatches, like a real-world camouflage outfit. The latter, however, is a very crude technique; unless a Mahiki user was looking behind themselves the entire time and concentrating heavily, they would not be able to "paint" their bodies to directly resemble the setting behind them, and certainly not in a convincing way upon any scrutiny. The power of the Mahiki when it comes to self-illusion lies in its ability to quickly learn three-dimensional forms and let their user recreate them convincingly, not in its ability to turn the user into a veritable scanner for the settings that lie behind them and then impeccably paint those settings onto its user.The Mahiki is the Mask of Illusion, and it is a non-combatative mask. No illusions cast by the Mahiki user can be damaging in any physical way - no blinding. The Mahiki can be used for good or evil, but it is not a weapon. It is a tool of deception, not one of violence; the most damage you could feasibly do would be deeply shock or emotionally damage an opponent by showing them something disturbing. Illusions of this nature, though, are of course cast in the real world and not on the mental plane. The larger and more complex an illusion being cast by a Mahiki user is, the more energy and concentration it will take to maintain. Visual shapeshifting, as described above, does require constant attention by the user to remain convincing, too.Also: in order to imitate another being's body/voice effectively, a Mahiki user must have already actively observed/heard that being. The mask will pick up and memorize images or voices when the user concertedly decides to do so. Without having seen or heard whatever it is they're trying to imitate, the Mahiki will only be able to project illusions as effective as the imagination of its user - in other words, far from perfectly. If you've been playing your Mahiki character in a way that violates any of these new, standardized rules for the mask's use, please begin to adhere to them now. Thanks for your cooperation! :)

test2.png

Alright, I suppose that makes sense. One question though: if the background were nonmoving (say, a wall) and the person had already looked at it beforehand, would they need to keep tabs on it to stay invisible?(I did state that Dail is skilled with her mask and element, so I think it should be okay...):w:

You aren't invisible. You're basically a chameleon, at best. Anybody who looked at the wall from the side would see your wall-colored self standing up next to it. I would say such a tactic would only be effective at distance, and if you weren't moving, and if you had already looked at the wall.

test2.png

Because part of the Mahiki's mask power is being able to imitate beings, not imitate walls. :P
Well, a wall can be a being.... Remember in Bionicle Adventures #2, the creature they encountered in the Archives....[geek/] :P Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So, if you turned into a flying creature, would you be able to fly or would you need to use another already existing power (in my case, gravity control) to fly?Also, I pm'd you about a possible rahi arc.
Using a Mask of Illusion? No, you can't fly. If you were good enough with gravity powers you probably could though.

I am making my first big storyline, and I would like someone to be a part of it. The character is a Skakdi/Vortixx character that has the personality of the head of a mafia. I will provide a small backstory, but other than that, you can be creative. PM me if you are interested. I would make it myself, but I already have too many of my characters involved in the storyline.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

The ones who want to attack Xa-Koro.They aren't on the real target...
I prefer the term "liberation" you see we are "liberating" Xa-Koro from the clutch of common criminals and placing it into the hands of people who know how to maintain order.It's a takeover, not characters throwing Madu Cabolos into every building and lighting the village on fire. That's going against everything Kino said. The purpose is to make the Makuta followers seem like good guys. Or at least people that can provide good security to citizens. Kino would prefer a nonviolent seizure of power, but she knows that's not going to happen. So she's gonna stack the deck as best she can, hide cards up her sleeve and only play them if she needs them.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

The ones who want to attack Xa-Koro.They aren't on the real target...
I prefer the term "liberation" you see we are "liberating" Xa-Koro from the clutch of common criminals and placing it into the hands of people who know how to maintain order.It's a takeover, not characters throwing Madu Cabolos into every building and lighting the village on fire. That's going against everything Kino said. The purpose is to make the Makuta followers seem like good guys. Or at least people that can provide good security to citizens. Kino would prefer a nonviolent seizure of power, but she knows that's not going to happen. So she's gonna stack the deck as best she can, hide cards up her sleeve and only play them if she needs them.
...You completely ignored the rest of my post, and decided to go off on something completely random.Call it "Liberating," sure, but you still have to attack something within the city to get it done, and there's always going to be people who think of it as an attack on them and not the others. It always happens, real life and RPG life.But still.That first part I said has me slightly annoyed. :P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Okay, I'll end this Mahiki discussion with some official guidelines for the mask, which I guess needed establishing.The below description is pulled from BS01, and the important parts are bolded:
The Kanohi Mahiki is the Mask of Illusion. The Great version allows its user to shapeshift to a limited degree or to cast illusions. The user can shapeshift into forms of similar mass and imitate voices, but cannot copy any powers the original has. The Noble version does not let the user shapeshift. Instead, it only allows them to cast illusions. The Kanohi Rode will see through its usage, while a Kanohi Elda will allow its user to sense a being hidden by an illusion.
I have addressed the "shapeshifting to a limited degree" matter twice this week via PMs, and I've said the same thing both times. A Mahiki user, when casting an illusion upon themselves, is effectively visually shapeshifting. Unless somebody tried to touch the Mahiki user, they would have no idea that said Mahiki user was not what they appeared to be; this is the power of the mask. However, when shifted, a Mahiki user inherits none of the powers of what they are imitating, physical or otherwise. This means that when it comes to imitating Rahi, flight, sharp claws, strength, and any other perks of said Rahi, may not be used. This isn't the Mask of Kindred, after all. The Mahiki allows its user to perform visual illusions upon themselves, and only visual illusions. They do not become what they appear to be when their mask is in action.Insofar as invisibility/camouflage goes: you cannot cast illusions that imitate invisibility - the Mahiki also isn't the Huna/Volitak. What one can do to camouflage oneself is imitate an object of similar mass that would not be out-of-place in the setting, or paint one's body with rough, suitable color swatches, like a real-world camouflage outfit. The latter, however, is a very crude technique; unless a Mahiki user was looking behind themselves the entire time and concentrating heavily, they would not be able to "paint" their bodies to directly resemble the setting behind them, and certainly not in a convincing way upon any scrutiny. The power of the Mahiki when it comes to self-illusion lies in its ability to quickly learn three-dimensional forms and let their user recreate them convincingly, not in its ability to turn the user into a veritable scanner for the settings that lie behind them and then impeccably paint those settings onto its user.The Mahiki is the Mask of Illusion, and it is a non-combatative mask. No illusions cast by the Mahiki user can be damaging in any physical way - no blinding. The Mahiki can be used for good or evil, but it is not a weapon. It is a tool of deception, not one of violence; the most damage you could feasibly do would be deeply shock or emotionally damage an opponent by showing them something disturbing. Illusions of this nature, though, are of course cast in the real world and not on the mental plane.The larger and more complex an illusion being cast by a Mahiki user is, the more energy and concentration it will take to maintain. Visual shapeshifting, as described above, does require constant attention by the user to remain convincing, too.Also: in order to imitate another being's body/voice effectively, a Mahiki user must have already actively observed/heard that being. The mask will pick up and memorize images or voices when the user concertedly decides to do so. Without having seen or heard whatever it is they're trying to imitate, the Mahiki will only be able to project illusions as effective as the imagination of its user - in other words, far from perfectly.If you've been playing your Mahiki character in a way that violates any of these new, standardized rules for the mask's use, please begin to adhere to them now. Thanks for your cooperation! :)
Wait, but things like claws and wings etc are not powers. They are physical attributes... :L

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Still not 'powers' though :PBut I see Nuju's point. All I'm debating is his choice of wording.
I think his choice of wording was fine. If you're having problems then you're really splitting hairs on this one. He is one-hundred-percent right and I agree completely.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Guys, guys, guys.The attack on Xa-Koro will have Telric. You have to at least give it that.
We don't have to give you anything. You kids and your sense of entitlement.:3-Teezy
oh you

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

oh you
samberg.gifYou know how I do.On topic: To those involved in the Matoran plot, I've been given permission to bunny Stannis along and Nuju's asked me to get the rest of the team together, so EW's absence isn't going to leave us hanging at all.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND