Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I see.On another note, I decided to randomly put the names of my characters through Google Translate and see what their names translated into English would be. Most of them didn't have any translations, except for Septimus and Naona. I knew that Septimus was Latin for 'The seventh', but I didn't expect Naona to be Swahili for the pronoun 'I'.Swahili.

Proditor is Latin for 'Traitor'.Ignotus is Latin for 'Unknown' (or ignorant)Incommodo is Latin for 'Annoying' (or, as Hubert pointed out, 'Inconvenience')Incommodo's name also comes from the verb 'to incommode', though.Those're all the ones with names from languages, though. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

While my characters in this game has what I like to call "syllable mash" names, most of the ones I played in War Zone has meaningful names.Cereah - Like the Psionic element itself, a variation of "cerebral".Lithree - A Toa of Lightning, named after the Final Fantasy spell "Lit-3" ("Lightning 3", later renamed "Thundaga").Toshi - Started out as a mutated lizard thingy, so he was named after Yoshi.Curto - A doctor, named after FF like Lithree. This one was "Cur-2" (Cure 2, later renamed "Cura").But as said, for this game I decided to skip that whole business, ending up with Madrihk, Mevi, Naru, Ferrin and Mita. Apart from Ferrin (named after the Latin word for iron), none of them have any deeper meaning.

This discussion of names is getting a bit off-topic (at least, IMO), so I will be helpful and create a blog post: http://bzpower.com/board/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=1787&showentry=111086

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Laz? Last I checked he's now paste on the Le-Wahi jungle floor. THE LAWS OF GRAVITY MUST BE OBEYED. HEAVY OBJECT DEMANDS TO SQUISH PUNY BATMAN.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Laz? Last I checked he's now paste on the Le-Wahi jungle floor. THE LAWS OF GRAVITY MUST BE OBEYED. HEAVY OBJECT DEMANDS TO SQUISH PUNY BATMAN.

No, that was an auto-hit that arrived a little late. He flew out from underneath the wall of crystal, and I alerted the attacker to that. Laz is in Matau's hut.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Would someone please give an official word on whether Laz survived the attack? It could have a significant impact on how the rest of the battle plays out...

Laz flew out from under the wall of crystal after making it, as I said. The attack didn't take place. Laz is alive, and in Matau's hut.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nope. I checked. He put the wall up and failed to block Kylina's attack which then Gravity and the force of a couple hundred pound Kahu helping the wall along dropped him to the dirt.He's KIA and Rahi bait.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

I have answered that in the Le-Wahi topic. When I said he flew towards Matau's hut, I meant he flew out from under said wall, and towards Matau's hut.If you're angry and still want to try and kill him, he's now in the air above Matau's hut. And isn't killable, FYI.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Please, take all disputes to PM and, if you can't resolve it there, contact game staff. This sort of balderdashery doesn't belong in this topic.

and we all dont EW to cryon other notes, im still at my grandparents house until furthr notice, and will not be active that much. although, i am currently in the progress of creating a filler post on stannis's group getting its much needed rest.on the note of names, my username is based of a matoran moc named bullets (because of its dual cordak blasters) when i was 9 years old. I then changed it to bulik a couple years back. all my charcters so far have names i completely made up on the spot. although, i am thinking about a new character whose name is based off a norse word that early norse colinists in newfoundland called for eskimos, which can be roughly translated into dwarves.and woah, piroks post count has really boosted since i last checked.EDIT: made the filler post. hope you like it *crosses fingers* Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

@Bulik: I see it. I like it. It was interesting how you got the clerk to lower the price.To all members of the Matoran group... I think it's time to really decide what we shall name our group. I propose the name of "The Seekers". Do any of you like it?Hey, Kalama... I was wondering if I could make a BZPRPG character that joins your "Gukko Irregulars Squad"? Your squad looks interesting to me, so may I make a character who joins?

That's up to Ghosthands. He's in charge now. I just play the interesting squaddies.

@Bulik: I see it. I like it. It was interesting how you got the clerk to lower the price.To all members of the Matoran group... I think it's time to really decide what we shall name our group. I propose the name of "The Seekers". Do any of you like it?Hey, Kalama... I was wondering if I could make a BZPRPG character that joins your "Gukko Irregulars Squad"? Your squad looks interesting to me, so may I make a character who joins?

thanks for the support!and i dont entirely like the name "the seekers" I actually like the unofficial "stannis's group"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I'd suggest a separate profile, since they would be, in every sense, two completely different people.As for the group name... I've been thinking about it myself ever since we started, lol. I don't really want to make it sound like Stannis is the sole owner of the group, though, which Stannis' Company makes it sound like. Too bad Island Liberation Squad is already taken. XD

That's up to Ghosthands. He's in charge now. I just play the interesting squaddies.

I'm fine with it ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Quick Question:Can matoran in the BZPRPG become toa? If not then I'll post my guy as a toa.Edit: In the charred forrest there is also a fight between a giant purple toa of gravity (Me) And a 10 foot tall lizard Sherlock Holms (The King of No Isles).

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Well, the change from Matoran to Toa is a big in-story event. Therefore, Matoran character generally stay as Matoran unless involved with staff. If you want a Toa character, you should therefore write him or her in as a Toa. The past of that Toa is entirely up to you, of course, and the main story for this RPG does say that many Toa were created to help save the island. So if you want your character's backstory to mention him/her being a Matoran, that's fine.

So, I haven't checked what's what in Ta-Wahi for a while. Can anybody give me a quick rund-down of the current situation there before I arrive with Sisk?

Not much, just my Ta-Matoran guard (Balaythah) has arrested Fyrinn (Rakata) and then there's the normal healing and emergencies in the hospital. And (like Gravity said) him and King's characters are fighting in the Charred Forest.-Mef Man

Tanuka's another example. She used to be a Matoran but was changed into a Toa prior to her introduction into the game. Staff don't generally award Toa-stones except as a reward for excellence in playing (hence their rarity).

NPC Mystix "soldiers" ... *marks*A magnetized nonmetal (no character here is powerful enough to magnetize a nonmetal)... *marks*Trying to magnetize something to a ground that's over a hundred bios away (no character is powerful enough for that either). *marks*Walking into the most guarded individual in Le-Koro's hut unconfronted... *marks*Very poor defense of actions against a village and its protectors ... *marks*Poor attention to detail ... *marks*

Pirok, you did ALL THIS?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!Emzee just became and awesomist.
Actually, that list was for everyone involved in the fight, not just Pirok (especially the first and last items - tripped up a lot of people).Oh, and the contraption was Friar Tuck's idea. Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I'm kinda disappointed I wasn't part of the whole defending Le-koro thing, since after all three of my characters originate from Le-koro. Especially Skyra, who was practically raised by Matau anyway, and you know how sane Skyra is. :P Totally want to see Skyra and Matau having a casual conversation in the future. Can totally see them arguing over something stupid, like why Skyra doesn't tree-speak or something.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC Mystix "soldiers" ... *marks*A magnetized nonmetal (no character here is powerful enough to magnetize a nonmetal)... *marks*Trying to magnetize something to a ground that's over a hundred bios away (no character is powerful enough for that either). *marks*Walking into the most guarded individual in Le-Koro's hut unconfronted... *marks*Very poor defense of actions against a village and its protectors ... *marks*Poor attention to detail ... *marks*

Pirok, you did ALL THIS?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!Emzee just became and awesomist.
Actually, that list was for everyone involved in the fight, not just Pirok (especially the first and last items - tripped up a lot of people).Oh, and the contraption was Friar Tuck's idea.
Yep, that's the second time one of my villains has been kicked out of Matau's hut that way.And I didn't do the first item at all. I acknowledged as Ignotus that there were only five Mystix. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Is there a Matoran prefix for plasma? If so, what is it?

Swert and I coined the term Pa-Matoran, for Plasma. To preserve a sense of continuity, I'd appreciate it you and any others who use plasma characters would use the same term.
People don't have to use the same thing, but I agree, it would be nice.Speaking of coining things, I coined the prefix CY for anything crystal (like Cy-Matoran). I got this when I noticed that Friar mispelled "crystal" as "cystal".I am also going to coin the prefix BO for plantlife (from the word BOTANY).