Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

The off-topicness... it hurts...To make this post on-topic, I need more people to be in my anthropophagi plot. A mahiki user will turn cannabilistic (if a toa eating a matoran is considered cannibalism) and make himself look like a Blemmy. I need some adventurous Toa that follow the toa code, a phycyitrist/doctor (with egor-type assistant), a sneeky matoran that can spy on someone, and some matoran victims that nearly got away (only some NPC matoran will be eaten).PM me if your interested

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Of course that's the first question you ask... the answer is Green Eggs and Ham. Obviously. I was going to make a master plot page for the 2012 year prelude on the BZPRPG wiki, but then I remembered that I couldn't copy/paste from my own personal documents because there's still more you guys don't know in them, and I was too lazy to edit that stuff out. :)

test2.png

So umm, how do genetics work here? Like, is a Toa only born of other Toa, or what?
Since bio-mechs don't reproduce like humans do and in canon they come into being fully grown, it's a futile effort to try to figure out what would happen. This RPG is just humanizing everyone. If you're writing a character as being related to another one, it's better to just start off where everyone has already been around for a fair while.

So umm, how do genetics work here? Like, is a Toa only born of other Toa, or what?
Since bio-mechs don't reproduce like humans do and in canon they come into being fully grown, it's a futile effort to try to figure out what would happen. This RPG is just humanizing everyone. If you're writing a character as being related to another one, it's better to just start off where everyone has already been around for a fair while.
On the other hand, the BZPRPG FAQ states that 'ingesting food and reproduction' are bits of anthropomorphization to count as BZIII canon. So the question isn't totally irrelevant. That said, it's possible Nuju might have changed his ruling on Earth realism and whatnot...Making that a question that need not be asked after all.Personally, I would say it's up to the player (ie aging). But my advice should be taken with a grain of salt considering I'm not staff. Edited by World's #1 Dad

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

On the other hand, the BZPRPG FAQ states that 'ingesting food and reproduction' are bits of anthropomorphization to count as BZIII canon. So the question isn't totally irrelevant. That said, it's possible Nuju might have changed his ruling on Earth realism and whatnot...Making that a question that need not be asked after all.Personally, I would say it's up to the player (ie aging). But my advice should be taken with a grain of salt considering I'm not staff.
Let us just leave it at "somehow new Matoran/Skakdi/Vortixx/Whatver are made" and leave it at that.

I'm very certain that Matoran, Toa and Turaga are all the same species, technically, and so reproduction is possible for them, with baby Matoran assumingly being the result. Skakdi and such would only be able to produce offspring with their own kind.. . .Now excuse me, I need to go renew my Brain Bleach prescription.

Edited by BenLuke-116

Alright, an image of a Kakama has been nailed to a wall in Ga-Koro, with the following below it:Name: ElaxAlias: XerovWanted on suspicion of Murder. Contact Tarrhus in The Unfortunate Fikou, Onu-Koro, if you have any information, no matter how little -- all help is appreciated.If your character has seen Xerov and is in Ga-Wahi, or if your character would want to be involved in a search for a murderer and is in Ga-Wahi, feel free to get involved. :)- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I'm just not seeing why everyone have to make their characters more and more human when there are so many fascinating things that can be written about a non-human species. Most of what drew me to BIONICLE was the fact that the characters were sentient robots of sorts, except not quite. They are robots with squishy parts. I had never heard about anything like it, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that comes all that close either, apart from maybe Grievous in Star Wars.

Sorry, sir, but Tyler took the last of it a few days ago. You're going to have to wait until the next shipment.
Wouldn't have used it if you weren't such a freak.
I'm just not seeing why everyone have to make their characters more and more human when there are so many fascinating things that can be written about a non-human species. Most of what drew me to BIONICLE was the fact that the characters were sentient robots of sorts, except not quite. They are robots with squishy parts. I had never heard about anything like it, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that comes all that close either, apart from maybe Grievous in Star Wars.
See, you're speaking subjectively, though. There are a lot of RPers who feel the same way as you, but at the same time, there are a lot of RPers who have always been drawn to the more social, human-like elements of Bionicle that weren't really touched on in the canon. There's a balance somewhere, but the point of having a balance is that both sides are pretty much equal, so...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I think it makes sense.Even in canon. In the canon, they were created. But the Matoran didn't know how to do that, do they relied on higher brings to do it.If the Great Beings were smart, they would include a backup method for bringing new members if the species into being. Why not reproduction?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Reproduction can happen in the BZPRPG. Just try to avoid asking the how and the why, and we'll be fine. :P Personally I try to avoid it, but since many characters this year have backstories related to families and etc., reproduction will certainly remain a part of this world at least until the start of next year.

test2.png

Reproduction can happen in the BZPRPG. Just try to avoid asking the how and the why, and we'll be fine. :P Personally I try to avoid it, but since many characters this year have backstories related to families and etc., reproduction will certainly remain a part of this world at least until the start of next year.
You have no idea how happy this makes me.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

So are you saying that this stuff might be outlawed next year? Not that I'm against it, just curious. :P

Sorry I haven't been around much. I now have cross country practice until 4:30 five days a week, though I have to hang around school until 5:30 when my sister's volleyball practice ends. Plus there's meets most Saturdays, which are in the morning and if my first one yesterday was any indication they take most of the day to recover from. Plus there's the added workload of sophomore year, which isn't pretty. As such, most of my highly limited free time is spent trying to get as much rest as I can. And it only gets worse when cross country ends, as that's about when soccer starts, which is even more time-consuming...So yeah. I'm busy. I'll still try to post when I can, but it's going to be even less than usual - which is saying something. :P I do apologize to the groups I'm part of - specifically the Daedra, Horde, and Mark Bearers - but that's just the way it goes, I guess.And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

Q2TtLEz.png

Yay, the staff are back to normal!I still think that reproduction is over the line. I mean, they're cyborgs; 85% robot
Where are you pulling this number exactly?
I've heard that 150% of all statistics are made up on the spot. xPBut meh, I honestly don't mind. This is the BZPRPG, it's going to deviate from canon just because we aren't Greg.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Well, I read somewhere in storyline and theories that glatorian are 15% mechanical and 85 organic and that MU beings are basically the opposite of that; can't find the specific thread that says the exact figures for matoran though.Changing the subject: Is Takua an Av-Matoran in-game? And are there any other Time Slip Av Matoran among the population?

Yay, the staff are back to normal!I still think that reproduction is over the line. I mean, they're cyborgs; 85% robot
In the BZIII, it's more like 85% organic. Biomechanicals are basically treated as humans in armor for realism purposes. I mean, if their constitution was the same as it is in canon, then people would have to develop a comprehensive biomech anatomy accounting for movement/injury/whatever. So reproduction can make sense.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Frankly, I do wish people would treat things with more of the alien atmosphere that make BIONICLE interesting. The fact that some otherwise excellent roleplayers (*cough*Tyler*cough*) seem to think Mata Nui is basically modern day Earth with Human wearing funny hats has been something that irks me for a while now. Coming up with a compulsive biotech anatomy actually doesn't sound so bad.

Frankly, I do wish people would treat things with more of the alien atmosphere that make BIONICLE interesting. The fact that some otherwise excellent roleplayers (*cough*Tyler*cough*) seem to think Mata Nui is basically modern day Earth with Human wearing funny hats has been something that irks me for a while now. Coming up with a compulsive biotech anatomy actually doesn't sound so bad.
That sounds like way too much work for a head staffer with no formal training in physiology. To write, or even approve, such an anatomy from scratch would be something that'd only cause more disputes and more problems on this subject between players. It's far more practical and fair for the sake of the game to use human biological structure as a baseline for characters' bodies. I think I've said several times why this is my stance, but if you guys need me to go over it again, I can go find and copy/paste my points once again... Bottom line is that we're not going to invent a new anatomy for BIONICLE beings. But I agree that Tyler's characters wearing coats and scarves is rather silly. :P

test2.png