Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

It's no problem. If life is keeping you busy, that's fine.On one hand, I'm kind of enjoying being known for having a character that everybody knows as the character that nobody remembers.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Well, I would take pride if I can end a fight in a 1 line post - it shows my awesome RP skills.Also, I've realized that fights in this RPG is less about beating up an enemy or putting him into shackles, and more about forcing them into a position where them being able to return fire/do something is immediately a GM.That's probably why Tamaru died.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Your large post count is epic and I see why you take pride in it. Your one line posts, not so much.In other words, what you said is absolutely right.
I can get away with all my one line posts. And they are awesome.
Well, I would take pride if I can end a fight in a 1 line post - it shows my awesome RP skills.Also, I've realized that fights in this RPG is less about beating up an enemy or putting him into shackles, and more about forcing them into a position where them being able to return fire/do something is immediately a GM.That's probably why Tamaru died.
Nah. That's just what you do if you want a guy to die. Pushing someone into a corner is not the point of the fights here. We are more telling a story than playing an actual game.I can end fights with one line.
Character runs away.
Done.

Huh. In my RPG fights, I adopted a new style since the old one always invariably turned to the biggest moddy moddiness ever in the history of modding.Now, I aim to win over a long period of time with careful moves, but keep myself detached from the outcome of the fight, yet avoid lethal hits unless I want the char to die. Taking hits that are realistically impossible to dodge, if they are non-fatal, however, is something I try to make sure to do. That's the hard part, but it works, usually.My old style, if anyone was wondering, was give out a load of hits, take many hits and therefore expect the opponent RPer to do the same, but making my hits heavy-handed, and try to win within six posts. Not a good idea.Though one consistent thing in both styles was never aim for an OOC goal such as making them have to GM. Instead, simply aim to whack the other guy. XD

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yes, an epic battle is important, only a few movies can pull off awesomeness without one. (Holes, for example.)But in an RPG, the epicness of the battle may or may not come. If both players enter for the purpose of epicness (Optimus vs. Megatron in Ko.) it's almost guaranteed, but a standard random fight tends to be a curb-stomp or drawn out and annoying.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yes, an epic battle is important, only a few movies can pull off awesomeness without one. (Holes, for example.)
...You totally haven't seen many awesome movies have you?Epic battles aren't that important. They're just filled with action. Epic battle =/= Awesome story. Edited by It's a Gundam!

An epic battle is basically: "Hey look! We got some people duking it out in a large scale fashion!" It needs no sophistication. No planning. Just, beat up each other. The definition of 'epic' is large-scale. Not, awe-inspiring as most people seem to associate it with.Citizen Kane is an awesome movie. There are no battles. That is all.Anyway, back on topic. Legion, do we have an updated list of Mark Bearers?

I think it depends on the genre. Fantasy and sci-fi movies normally include at least one huge battle, but they don't need one to be awesome.On the other hand, movies set in the real world can be just as awesome without any need for battle or action.Of course, both of the aforementioned types have their fair share of trash too :PBut we're going off-topic here. So, who else is excited about the denouement of the Mark Bearer plot? :D

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yeah, what GH said.I feel like something with just talk needs to be in a just-talk situation.I mean, Transformers: Dotm had epic battles, but the story was supreme ****.Oh, and MB plot? I just want to see its finale quick. Merror and his Toa team are sitting outside the temple, right?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Atleast there are some organizations that I know have no spies.... Or do they? This spy making craze really makes one think about intellegence defence.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Atleast there are some organizations that I know have no spies.... Or do they? This spy making craze really makes one think about intellegence defence.
It's not a craze -- I did it, and then Constructman somehow coincidentally decided to do it as well.- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

It's not a craze -- I did it, and then Constructman somehow coincidentally decided to do it as well.- Austin Powers
*Shrugs* I couldn't think of another way to describe it.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Oh my.Is it true?Am I torturing myself with a brief visit before disappearing again?Did I really leave for good?Did Vorex really change his name to Austin Powers?To the above, yes. It's true. I'm here to check up on the little game that took my life.Have my characters done anything important? Can someone give me a summary?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Oh my.Is it true?Am I torturing myself with a brief visit before disappearing again?Did I really leave for good?Did Vorex really change his name to Austin Powers?To the above, yes. It's true. I'm here to check up on the little game that took my life.Have my characters done anything important? Can someone give me a summary?
No, none of your characters did anything, really. But another one of my characters, this time Aurax died, but for the staff plot. Since he was one of the Chosen, he's getting replaced. The Makuta servants have not done much besides go to Xa-Koro.EDIT: Oh yeah, Yuru died, sorry. :( Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal