Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Well, even though I could of had Skyra easily inside the shield when it was created...I decided to be nice and have him stuck outside so he can't interfere.But, this is a really awesome twist to the Mark Bearer plot I must say.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Why did Heuani crash the party again?
Because he's going to yell at Echelon for being foolish and trying to get immortality and leaving the other Makuta servants. I think.EDIT: No, Eyru and Tyler, Heuani's too cool for Dorian. =P Kidding, kidding Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I always suspected this would happen XD Tbh, I half expected to be smited the moment Echelon revealed the Master Mark....I can't respond yet as 1) I've got a very important report to write and 2) I want to give Legion a fair chance to post, but I look forward to seeing how this plays out, especially since Heuani has got involved.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Now the last I checked, the only one to ever say Give Me Your Face was one of the greatest movie heroes ever.
Ha ha ha ha-Oh wait, your serious, now I'll laugh harder- Ha ha ha!Regardless of whatever mediocre action movies he's actually from, the BZPRPG version is a villain, last I checked.Anyway, it's been really interesting watching the Makr Bearer plot move towards it's climax. I'm sure this is going to be one of those things we'll remember for a while.
The BZPRPG version isn't a villain. You're confusing Optimus and Nemesis. They were two separate beings. One had an entire backstory of war with an adoptive brother who believed he had the right to start shooting people and the like. He then killed, but exclusively killed only the Phantoms, who are pretty much pure evil without that trace of good that makes us all people.Then he joined the ILS and became a much more peaceful person, like he wanted to be. Then his twin burned the place and ran away.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I was being facetious, but I forget how bad sarcasm carries over the internet, whoops. I do remember the whole evil twin thing, I just like interpreting OPTIMEUS PRIAMEE!!! Tahuva as a smug, quote "justice" unquote obsessed maniac egomaniac who thinks of himself as far more heroic then he actually is.Which is a perfectly accurate description, by the way. :P

Edited by BenLuke-116

You forgot, he never says he's a hero, he says he's a fighter for peace. Never claims a load of good achievements to his name (Though he does have like two or three)but he has never done anything villainous in his life.Calm is more like it. Smug doesn't do it, since he doesn't view everyone as lesser beings, and he does show exasperation when being irritated.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

but he has never done anything villainous in his life.
What about that time he torturing a prisoner solely for the sake of sick kicks (Great, no it's all coming back. . .)? Or have you done your best to suppress that fiasco like the rest of us? Anyhow, this is getting a bit one-on-one-y and flame warish, so we might want to just drop it.

He only killed soulless monsters with no trace of good in them whatsoever. They're so evil they don't even count as people. (By character design, therefore I would know.)He didn't participate in the torture thing.Being overpowered wasn't the char's fault, that was mine. Then again, I stopped doing that a looooong time ago.Ok, I suppose we drop it like you said now, unless someone wants to PM me regarding this post.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Killing other people is, by definition, evil. Sometimes a necessary evil, true, but still evil.
Now this is just more of a tangent talking about ethics than discussion of the game. I'd advise we all stay on topic and drop this subject. Edited by World's #1 Dad

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I just did. Now, back on topic, can anyone here say that on-topic, given the chance at the conclusion of BZPRPG '12 or '13 or whatever year Nuju decides, given the choice between killing Makuta, or sealing him away for a few years then have him re-emerge, slaughter thousands, and establish a dictatorship--or try to--and kill everyone in his path, making the rest bow for all eternity, you would not kill him on the spot and lose not a wink of sleep?EDIT: They form crystals such as diamond, quartz, etc. Except that the crystal is usually unspecified and of such ridiculous hardness that one with a Pakari is challenged attempting to break it.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I just did. Now, back on topic, can anyone here say that on-topic, given the chance at the conclusion of BZPRPG '12 or '13 or whatever year Nuju decides, given the choice between killing Makuta, or sealing him away for a few years then have him re-emerge, slaughter thousands, and establish a dictatorship--or try to--and kill everyone in his path, making the rest bow for all eternity, you would not kill him on the spot and lose not a wink of sleep?EDIT: They form crystals such as diamond, quartz, etc. Except that the crystal is usually unspecified and of such ridiculous hardness that one with a Pakari is challenged attempting to break it.
Well, actually, there is really no crystal that a Pakari can't break. Even diamond, with it's inability to be scratched by anything other than diamond, only has a moderate strength and this thus easily broken.On another note, now that I think about it, if a Toa of Iron and a Toa of Crystal work together, they could possibly create a diamond-edged sword. That would be pretty neat. Someone has to try this. :P EDIT: Yes, Constructman, Crystal is a legit element (even though it's misspelled as "cystal" in the Tuck's post. :P). It works in a smiliar way to stone, yes. Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I've always gone with crystal being able to affect anything with a crystalline lattice structure, to an extent. Obviously, the power would work best on true crystals, such as gemstones and what not, but it would also work similar to the way that all the elements can, to an extent, tie in with other elements-such as, with quite a bit of effort, it could slightly alter the crystal structure of a metallic object, for example.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

If killing makes people villains, you just called every soldier or veteran in every country in the world a villain. There are beings who can never be changed, even in the real world. There are thousands that are either without conscience, or have suppressed it to the point that only in death will they see that they were wrong, and for a fleeting split second. Adolf Hitler, anyone? And we all know Makuta's supposed to be even worse than he is.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And yet we all RP things that aren't suitable for children. And I don't see shows teaching children that the military is evil and psychotic. This game even has an emphasis on realism. (With physics and emotions, of course. No such thing as Toa in real life, that's not what I meant.)That last Mark Bearer post confused me. How did either of them get Master Marks, and did Echelon just die, or what?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

*rolls eyes*I think it has more to do with the fact that you continued that ethics debate, no? But no matter, at least you are commenting on something more important to the game.And I get the feeling that numerous important things are going to happen now. Not specifically for the MB's, either. Not all of them, anyways.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now