Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Yeah, TNG, there are already at least 3 crews going on in the RPG so people are unlikely to want to join another one.Speaking of which, I think we could all do with a Lohkar post...EDIT:Actually, thinking about it, this is a good opportunity to give a little advice to the less experienced members of our RPing community.If you decide to start a group or a plot, people are NOT obliged to be interested in it. RPers Have their own priorities as well; you can't expect people to feel an obligation to join.My advice is, wait. Build up a reputation as a regular and reliable RPer. Get the other players to respect you. Be humble. Join other people's groups and plots, and see how to do it well. Then, when you've got the experience you need, you may be ready to try your hand at making your own.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

So when BZPRPG 13' comes out, what new characters will you guys bring out, what old characters will you revamp, and what plot ideas do you guys have?Personally, I'm revamping most of my characters fighting styles, and also a bit of their personality, killing off 1 or two, perhaps, and introducing 1 or 2.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I need to kill like, 10 of them off. I have WAY too many. However, HWP's gonna carry over, the Band's gonna carry over, and Zaeron and Ira are going to carry over. EDIT: Merla's gonna carry over too. So that would be, 15 that will survive? Still too many... Maybe I should reduce the ranks of the HWP...

Edited by Constructman

"Enough talk of pyromania," Kuhrin interjected. "get back on track, we didn't come here to have a nice little chat over pills."
"Are we -ah- going to get to work now? We won't get anything done just standing here. Right?" Their time had been wasted enough, and Feongulf didn't think Heuani would stop at giving them a stern-talking-to again; A stern execution, other pother hand. . . " I mean, this Pala-Koro place isn't going to burn down on it's own. Probably."
"Yes. Since we aren't waiting for anyone, we should get this show on the road, pronto." he gave a hastening look to Kino.
"Well, it looks like we're all prepared." he turned to Kino and Pae. "Waiting on you."
...I would just like to clarify that Kuhrin exists. There's no need to ignore him.

@ Tyler: Who's Anyanka? Couldn't find the profileOh, my inFamous expies will carry over as well. Or at least, Dyzaera. Norkaron has been frozen in non-plot for more than two weeks now *Coughs. Krayzikk!* and hasn't really gotten any good character development; I just made her as a mirror to Norkaron.

Edited by Constructman

Perhaps, but I have way too many chars (in my opinion) and I can't really think of one that wold join a pirate crew... Wait, would you guys take a female makuta aligned vortixx cook? Jianzha's not been getting any interaction at all.Oh, TNG, if you're still interested in making Aakil, I don't really need you to make him anymore. You can still make him, but I just figured perhaps ToV wouldn't like it so much as he probably would disrupt the Skanohi/Maasi plot too much (like the Mark Bearer fight in Ga did).

Edited by Constructman

I know, but I keep forgetting that some of them exist, and often times, only like one quarter of them get any decent interaction. When you try to manage that many characters, it can start to get hard to give them good character development.Oh, Tyler, Dyzaera's trying to talk to Venedico right now. I know you're busy with Tillian right now though, so you don't have to respond.

I don't have to make Mafia Guy? Awesome, I really was getting confused. I do enjoy expy plots just as much as original plots, but when the source material is something I have never seen in my life...A cook sounds good. Heck, Sorapak would take almost anyone, after pretending to care about their qualifications. So, he probably wouldn't mind if she prayed for the Makuta's blessing on deck. (Not that he'd join the Makuta, but given the chance he might bargain with him for some pirating advantage.)As soon as they get a ship and therefore a deck.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'll use the new year as an excuse to trim down on my character list. I have one or two characters who I think I wish to get rid of. I also have more characters than I would like- I can't really put a lot of effort into them when I have five. Too many just slip into inactivity and I don't use them. I'd rather focus on keeping two or three of them always moving, doing something interesting, then have a bunch who slip out of the RPG's plot and slip back in when circumstances arise. I wasn't around for the pre-reboot BZPRPG. Could someone tell me who Anyanka is?

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I'll use the new year as an excuse to trim down on my character list. I have one or two characters who I think I wish to get rid of. I also have more characters than I would like- I can't really put a lot of effort into them when I have five. Too many just slip into inactivity and I don't use them. I'd rather focus on keeping two or three of them always moving, doing something interesting, then have a bunch who slip out of the RPG's plot and slip back in when circumstances arise.I wasn't around for the pre-reboot BZPRPG. Could someone tell me who Anyanka is?
No one who has yet to come.She has the same name as a spirit of vengeance. She shall arise in 2013, after our world as we know it has ended, to come into power.She may very well be the messenger of our doom. The game shall never be the same.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I have (as far as I remember) 9.3 are active (Merror, Lohkar and Echelon), 3 exist as supporting characters or ones who pop up now and again (Hahkes, Stralix and The Illusionist), 2 are probably not coming back (Lemaku and Krohlen).And the other one is still out there somewhere...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Isn't Anyanka a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or something?
Ding ding ding.-Teezy
Oh no! The ultimate hater of expies is using an expied name! The paradox - it could rip a hole in the universe!*struggles to make the TARDIS sustain the paradox*Argh - it's...too...strong...*slams a lever down*Phew. Be careful next time, Tyler, and when reality implodes, don't come crying to me. Edited by Ghosthands

Using a name from a realm of fiction = expied name now?Someone should inform Oscar Wilde of Dorian's existence, then. Or Caesar of Angelus. Or Napoleon of Choi and Dujour.:/-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Using a name from a realm of fiction = expied name now?-Teezy
Transformers is a realm of fiction. I rest my case.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

But entire characters were borrowed. (Translation: Cloned)Not just names. Everything about them was taken, carbon copied, and used. Tyler is just taking a name. Unlike everyone else who made what the BZPRPG calls "expies", which are really clones. Not expies.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Using a name from a realm of fiction = expied name now?Someone should inform Oscar Wilde of Dorian's existence, then. Or Caesar of Angelus. Or Napoleon of Choi and Dujour.:/-Teezy
Did you already know about the Buffy character when you created Anyanka? If so, then yes, I do consider it an expied name :P

SO are you planning to make an expy of her in 2013?Also, due to the recent revelations that Greg Farhstey has provided, will that info on dead bodies apply? (can't reveal it here)
I doubt it.
But entire characters were borrowed. (Translation: Cloned)Not just names. Everything about them was taken, carbon copied, and used. Tyler is just taking a name. Unlike everyone else who made what the BZPRPG calls "expies", which are really clones. Not expies.
I bolded the part I'm using in this argument. Tyler only said Expied Names not expies themselves.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

But it isn't expying if only a name is taken. Then, it is either an homage, a coincidence, or just plain borrowing a name. The term "expy" doesn't apply in any way is just a name is used.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Anyanka is not an expy. Nuju's seen the profile, he can back me.She's a female character who happens to share the name of a spirit of vengeance from the Buffyverse: seeing as this name is rather apt for Anyanka the BZPRPG character, I decided it would be the best name available for her and used it. EW, for instance, has used Game of Thrones names for a lot of his characters this year. Are they all expies?-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

But it isn't expying if only a name is taken. Then, it is either an homage, a coincidence, or just plain borrowing a name. The term "expy" doesn't apply in any way is just a name is used.
There is no universal definition of Expy. And when most people in the RPG forum think of Borrowing a name, the word expy usually comes to mind. Like how a lot of people say "google" instead of "search", the same is probably used for expies as a slang for borrowing someone/something/etc from another series.