Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Bahokosar made Decaia's remaining armor grow inner spikes, and this time they were faster and more vicious. Every metal part of his body did this, stabbing the organs and soft tissue.
So, even with the battle ended, I never got to respond to this, and as I just saw it. I also will not be able to make another Decaia post until much later today.That being said--can someone explain to me how this is not an instakillshot, considering Decaia's remaining armor would basically be the rest of his body?
More like instant incapacitation. He can survive it, provided his armor is removed entirely, fixed, then put back on.That said, I won't do it to that degree in light of what Kray said.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Bahokosar made Decaia's remaining armor grow inner spikes, and this time they were faster and more vicious. Every metal part of his body did this, stabbing the organs and soft tissue.
So, even with the battle ended, I never got to respond to this, and as I just saw it. I also will not be able to make another Decaia post until much later today.That being said--can someone explain to me how this is not an instakillshot, considering Decaia's remaining armor would basically be the rest of his body?
More like instant incapacitation. He can survive it, provided his armor is removed entirely, fixed, then put back on.That said, I won't do it to that degree in light of what Kray said.
After reading this, something I wanna know:Toa of Iron VS Anyone else except another Toa of Iron. What stops him from simply ripping out the other persons Mechanical (Metal) parts, or just mash it, and generally cause immense pain to that other person?And, I don't think a "Because the other person would have responded" case would work here.....

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

It's because doing something that devastating and unblockable would be placed firmly in the category of god-modding. It would be like a toa of gravity crushing an enemy into a black hole with a flack of their thoughts. Technically, characters do have that ability, but from an out-of-game perspective, we just don't do it.

ppg2.png

It's because doing something that devastating and unblockable would be placed firmly in the category of god-modding. It would be like a toa of gravity crushing an enemy into a black hole with a flack of their thoughts. Technically, characters do have that ability, but from an out-of-game perspective, we just don't do it.
Actually, in-game as well but it would require A LOT OF mental focus, not to mention controlling a black hole and using A LOT of that Toa's EE. I mean, black holes are killer stuff, both in games and in real life, so creating one is really, really taxing. Therefore, kiddies, god-modding has its cost, namely, your characters must be taxed, or at least a drawback of some sort, if you want that action to be even considered legit. That, and the staff and half of the BZPRPG population will be on you FAST.

^ Lorax speaks truth.Autohitting is bad kiddies.*This is a lesson from your local Gundam.*
*This is a lesson from your local Gundam.*
your local Gundam.*
More towns need to do this.Anyway, the Kavinika Crew are standing outside Ta-Wahi if anyone wants to interact with them.Or if they want to move themselves along, either one's fine. Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

Well, I did say I won't do the iron spikes trick with that intensity anymore.Still, at low intensity (like the first time I did it, which was slow and only on extra armor, not the natural armor or mech parts) that's a fair move, about the strength of the age-old since '01 move of stabbing the ground and letting flames rise up from under the opponent's feet.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

... Now that I now who the winners are, I feel like I shouldn't have entered the contest. Ever had a moment when you're surrounded by people ten times better than you at whatever? Yeah...

Eh, just keep trying. Practice makes perfect. And with the amount of characters you have, you're getting a LOT of practice.

:P

DORIAN MUST BE SUBJECT TO JUSTICE. HE MUST BE SKINNED ALIVE, AND LEFT OUT HANGING FROM A POST IN THE DESERT WITH NO SKIN. ALL WHILE STILL BEING ALIVE.

I would love to see you send a character to try that. It would be fun.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Aye, it'd take some good RPing to take down Dorian for good. Unfortunately, I can't seem yet to find the line between "creative attacks" and "cheating", so I end up playing it safe (aside from the spikes trick, which I now cannot repeat on anything other than external extra armor) by shooting anything that attacks my chars. A lot.Of course, if you somehow surrounded Dorian alone with a whole bunch of united chars without metagaming....Ah who am I kidding. The guy's never alone.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

What you fail to take into account is that there are a lot of people in game and out that want to keep Dorian alive.And most of them are good RPers, with a character near Dor 24/7.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That's quite a lot of fear for one char. I recognize that a good RPer can beat a Toa with a Matoran, but let's say 3 of Constructman's Toa vs. Dorian with no backup. XD
I just pictured that. The simulation ended in seconds, with Dorian the victor.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That's quite a lot of fear for one char. I recognize that a good RPer can beat a Toa with a Matoran, but let's say 3 of Constructman's Toa vs. Dorian with no backup. XD
I just pictured that. The simulation ended in seconds, with Dorian the victor.
I would have to agree here.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Er, why?...Three Toa vs one Toa.Am I missing something here?
Poor, poor, Gravity. It'd be, instead. One Dorian vs. Three Toa. Obviously, we know who'd win.

Yeah, three on one would be slaughter. How about 6, maybe 7? That would probably be at least a fight.

Riiight. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Oh, to go back to the old discussion about BZPRPG 2013:I think I'm only going to bring three characters back at first: Raxa, Praggos (I'm so sorry, Tyler), and Jaron.Unless the last is still impossible, in which case: Meh.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Oh, you know you loved him.For the first week.

Slightly more powerful than a normal Toa? Only way you could do that is by making him a heavily armored, experienced char.I highly doubt Dorian would survive the encounter by any means other than you-can't-kill-other-chars-without-permission.
Ha. Ha.Hahaha.
Most of the Matoran seemed to think she was, in fact, an "angle";
Is she acute angle? xP Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

I'm probably only going to start with my favorite characters so far,Onuzek, Zauk, Aelynn, and Dehkaz.

Oh, you know you loved him.For the first week.
Slightly more powerful than a normal Toa? Only way you could do that is by making him a heavily armored, experienced char.I highly doubt Dorian would survive the encounter by any means other than you-can't-kill-other-chars-without-permission.
Ha. Ha.Hahaha.
Most of the Matoran seemed to think she was, in fact, an "angle";
Is she acute angle? xP
er my-...*runs over to topic*

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Picture Dorian with his gravity raised to a level where he cannot stand, the most basic Angry Gravity Toa feat. Then, picture flames rising up from the ground at him while he cannot move because some Fire Toa stabbed the ground Tahu style. Picture the ground itself jutting out spikes to stab at him, while lightning rains down from above. To top it all off, a wind blade was thrown at his neck.I picked Aukati elements since they came to mind first, but really any Toa of those elements, especially Toa with better RPers than the Aukati have, could pull that off.I would like to ask for a specific explanation of how he gets out of that.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

... Now that I now who the winners are, I feel like I shouldn't have entered the contest. Ever had a moment when you're surrounded by people ten times better than you at whatever? Yeah...
That's how I feel all the time.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Picture Dorian with his gravity raised to a level where he cannot stand, the most basic Angry Gravity Toa feat. Then, picture flames rising up from the ground at him while he cannot move because some Fire Toa stabbed the ground Tahu style. Picture the ground itself jutting out spikes to stab at him, while lightning rains down from above. To top it all off, a wind blade was thrown at his neck.I picked Aukati elements since they came to mind first, but really any Toa of those elements, especially Toa with better RPers than the Aukati have, could pull that off.I would like to ask for a specific explanation of how he gets out of that.
Imagine how easy it would be to disrupt an angry Toa of Gravity's attention.Imagine he brings out a shield of iron to block the fire, a common enough tactic.>Metal shield protects against spikes, whilst he brings out spikes against the other person, and the Toa of Gravity.>With the Toa of Gravity's concentration disrupted and the effect no longer upon him, he can move away from the lightning.>Iron shield > Rasengan.

profiles i guess