Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I concede the Gravity bit, though the Toa can willfully ignore some things and re-do his move again if that fails.He would have to first stand on the shield, because in true Tahu style, the flames rose up from directly under his feet. And then he'd have to pray to Mata Nui the Toa doesn't decide to simply have the flames "burn around" as Tahu also once said, simply spreading around the shield and back to him if the Toa decides it should be so.Not if the spikes come from all around him like a circle/fence.True, assuming he can survive the fire and earth.Also true.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

As though the iron shield is going to be only on the ground? As well, it really wouldn't be that hard to start forming it basically on your feet, have it raise you up a bit, and then have it detach. One thing though:

Picture the ground itself jutting out spikes to stab at him,
Yeah. Iron shield would protect against that, unless, instead of a circle, you mean a sphere, in which case that would be rather odd, though it wouldn't be too hard to just raise the shield up around you.Here, I have an idea: Instead of arguing about this, if you ever get the chance, your characters can fight Dorian. We'll just watch who wins.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Here, I have an idea: Instead of arguing about this, if you ever get the chance, your characters can fight Dorian. We'll just watch who wins.
I'd love to see a smiting by a non-staff character.*grabs popcorn*

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Fine, I guess we could do that. Though for realism, Dorian would have to provoke them. I mean, massively provoke them. Otherwise Optimus would break up the fight. He would have to shoot someone or something.And it would be after the FoM invasion. How are things going on that? Is there a blog, or something? I mean, what's the plan? And how much is Nuju involved?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

...I still fail to see why Dorian must win. :
He is one of the Chuck Norris's of the BZPRPG, along with Hiemalis, Echelon, and all the staff characters, to state it simply.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Because he's intelligent, creative, skilled, powerful, and played well. It's not that he's liked inasmuch as he has proven his combative capabilities to be extremely high time and time again. Look at Brykon V. Dorian, Dorian V. Heuani, or Naara V. Dorian. Not all of those fights were won by him and the last was merely hand-to-hand sparring. But he always did a good job compared to most other characters. Heck, in the Hive Assault, it took dozens of PCs to injure Heuani...Dorian did that by himself and in Heuani's home territory of the shadows.So yes, Dorian does deserve the combat hype. He's earned it. I wouldn't say to the extent that he should be considered capable of definitively winning or holding his own every fight, because there's always a chance that he won't, but he's much more likely to do so than many chars. Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Because he's intelligent, creative, skilled, powerful, and played well. It's not that he's liked inasmuch as he has proven his combative capabilities to be extremely high time and time again. Look at Brykon V. Dorian, Dorian V. Heuani, or Naara V. Dorian. Not all of those fights were won by him and the last was merely hand-to-hand sparring. But he always did a good job compared to most other characters. Heck, in the Hive Assault, it took dozens of PCs to injure Heuani...Dorian did that by himself and in Heuani's home territory of the shadows.So yes, Dorian does deserve the combat hype. He's earned it. I wouldn't say to the extent that he should be considered capable of definitively winning or holding his own every fight, because there's always a chance that he won't, but he's much more likely to do so than many chars.
I suppose. Perhaps because I've only read two of those battles I'm not that convinced. And I really only see him as a trained, Mark Bearing, Toa of Iron. Nothing that special.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

He is one of the Chuck Norris's of the BZPRPG, along with Hiemalis, Echelon, and all the staff characters, to state it simply.
Well then we need a Bruce Lee.Come on, this hype around Dorian is only here because nobody has dared to actually fight full power against him.I mean, lets take TNG's old example. Using a metal shield against the air, I can understand. But fire melts metal, right? Dorian would at least be standing on metal that is being superheated. Gravity guy, how hard is it to stay focused? He's just focusing on a single guy, and I'm sure he can do things like, well, dodge while focusing. If all other Toa can dodge while unleashing barrages of elemental energy and using their masks, I don't see how Dorian can instantly stop the Toa of Gravity's concentration - If it was so easy, Dorian could easily lose concentration with like 6 guys attacking him.Next, lightning. Lets say you Dorian somehow DOES shake off the gravity. He can simply 'dodge' the lightning? But, isn't it that 1. Lightning travels really fast? 2. Lightning would be, in that scenario, attracted to this big metal shield thing, right? Which Dorian oh-so-happens to be standing on to dodge the Fire, Earth and Air?And finally, those 6 guys all have mask powers. I don't see how Dorian COULD logically survive an encounter like that.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well then we need a Bruce Lee.Come on, this hype around Dorian is only here because nobody has dared to actually fight full power against him.I mean, lets take TNG's old example. Using a metal shield against the air, I can understand. But fire melts metal, right? Dorian would at least be standing on metal that is being superheated. Gravity guy, how hard is it to stay focused? He's just focusing on a single guy, and I'm sure he can do things like, well, dodge while focusing. If all other Toa can dodge while unleashing barrages of elemental energy and using their masks, I don't see how Dorian can instantly stop the Toa of Gravity's concentration - If it was so easy, Dorian could easily lose concentration with like 6 guys attacking him.Next, lightning. Lets say you Dorian somehow DOES shake off the gravity. He can simply 'dodge' the lightning? But, isn't it that 1. Lightning travels really fast? 2. Lightning would be, in that scenario, attracted to this big metal shield thing, right? Which Dorian oh-so-happens to be standing on to dodge the Fire, Earth and Air?And finally, those 6 guys all have mask powers. I don't see how Dorian COULD logically survive an encounter like that.
Dorian has friends. Very strong friends.

Dorian has friends. Very strong friends.
We weren't talking about friends here, we were talking about Dorian alone on one side, enemies on the other.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

If you really want to find out what would happen, go for it. it's your funeral, anyways.and good luck thinking of a plausible reason to fight him.

He would only need the shield long enough to block the fire before he could move away-and if you've played this game long enough, you'll have realized that yes, dodging a lightning attack is possible. It doesn't move at the speed of light in here, brah.As well: Dorian is this highly-trained, as well as rather messed up and...Meh, I can't think of the word, because I don't think sadistic works, but you'll get what I mean if you read up enough. His concentration is nigh on unshakeable, he's also got training in Naara's whole "Elemental Transcendence" thing...basically, he's the most proficient killer you'll find in this game after Heuani. If he shakes your concentration for one second, you're screwed-especially if he's bored and wants to have fun. But yeah, what Bulik said:If you have a reason to fight him IC, and see him IC, and fight him, go for it. Have fun dying.Although, what you say about nobody fighting full power against him: Heuani. Brykon. Naara, sort of. If I remember right, one of my characters nearly killed Original!Dorian some amount of months ago. Trust me, any Dorian hype isn't baseless.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Listen to kal. Dorian has escaped death before, and he can do it again. This is a toa who gave heuani wounds to write home about, while several toa ganging up on heuani resulted only in a scratch on the dark toa's armor, with almost half the toa attacking him dead, and most wounded. If dorian can take on this guy and wound him, you won't stand a chance against full strength dorian. Probably the only way you can kill him is be bursting into whatever hospital he is going to and slaying all the people, which isn't going to happen.

Go back and read a lot of the posts where Dorian is actually fighting, Gravity, and you might see it.Really, compared to just about every other character, Dorian is like the Albert Einstein/Stephen Hawking of the BZPRPG.
I have, still not feeling it. :PWhatever, it doesn't matter that much to me; I'm not that likely to interact with him at all, anyway.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

He would only need the shield long enough to block the fire before he could move away-and if you've played this game long enough, you'll have realized that yes, dodging a lightning attack is possible. It doesn't move at the speed of light in here, brah.If you have a reason to fight him IC, and see him IC, and fight him, go for it. Have fun dying.
Dodging a lightning bolt sounds pretty stupid to me.....Whenever it happens, the only reason I don't say "Wut?" is because everyone else says "Nah, its ok to dodge something super fast like that." The only time I feel like lightning can be dodged is if its really far away, you have a way of attracting it away from you, or blocking/Kakama speed running.As for fighting Dorian, I really don't have a reason to do it. Should the chance rise (As in, we actually cross paths as enemies), I'd take on him easily.But, lets say this.Dorian VS Echelon.Echelon repels metal, sends his zombies after Dorian.Dorian, obviously, just trashes the zombies. What now? Echelon can fly, so metal spikes from the ground can't do much, and things sent flying towards him would get repelled.We've already reached a Stalemate - Echelon can't get hit, Dorian can absorb whatever goes flying towards him since its just metal.Dorian isn't an all powerful character, he's nothing more than a character well played.Finally, @Kal, As you've said, Dorian's concentration is 'nigh unshakable.' Well, isn't this really just character backstory? We make a character, we say 'He/She's experienced. Therefore, it takes much more than normal to shake this persons concentration over their mask and elemental powers. He's also trained in a lot of martial arts, fights a lot and as such can predict a lot of common moves.' Well, compare that to 'He/She's a rookie, and is really lacking in control over their powers.' and its already easy to know who would win in a fight between these 2, if you play according to your characters.In the end, you can't really say 'Dorian is powerful, he's trained, blah blah blah' because anyone can be like that. Its only when just about all other Toa are super rookies with no power at all, that you can use that argument. Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Whatever, it doesn't matter that much to me; I'm not that likely to interact with him at all, anyway.
I also try to keep my characters away from the BZPRPG Chuck Norris's, although in the ILF/FoM fight, I think that's inevitable.@Abovepost: He is a powerful character because he is well played. That's the way things work here. And hence why my characters are weaklings. Edited by Bulik

Dorian is just as susceptible to defeat as any other player-controlled character in this game. He does not have plot armour, and he is not more powerful than any other Toa.The simple truth is that Dorian is played by a roleplayer who knows how to play well. It has been said countless times before (including in Tuck's Common Sense Guide to the BZPRPG), and I'll say it again: brains will almost always beat brawn. Someone who knows how to plan and strategize in a fight will almost always come out on top. So, no, Dorian is not "special" by any means. If you cut him, he will bleed. The trick is playing well enough to do so.

He would only need the shield long enough to block the fire before he could move away-and if you've played this game long enough, you'll have realized that yes, dodging a lightning attack is possible. It doesn't move at the speed of light in here, brah.If you have a reason to fight him IC, and see him IC, and fight him, go for it. Have fun dying.
Dodging a lightning bolt sounds pretty stupid to me.....Whenever it happens, the only reason I don't say "Wut?" is because everyone else says "Nah, its ok to dodge something super fast like that." The only time I feel like lightning can be dodged is if its really far away, you have a way of attracting it away from you, or blocking/Kakama speed running.As for fighting Dorian, I really don't have a reason to do it. Should the chance rise (As in, we actually cross paths as enemies), I'd take on him easily.But, lets say this.Dorian VS Echelon.Echelon repels metal, sends his zombies after Dorian.Dorian, obviously, just trashes the zombies. What now? Echelon can fly, so metal spikes from the ground can't do much, and things sent flying towards him would get repelled.We've already reached a Stalemate - Echelon can't get hit, Dorian can absorb whatever goes flying towards him since its just metal.Dorian isn't an all powerful character, he's nothing more than a character well played.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble here, but Echelon is considered in the same tier as Dorian. Also known as the "Almost as Tough as Staff Tier".The reason? There is no one on the island that can use magnetism as well as he can. Contrary to what you seem to believe with Argentum.And Dorian could still win that fight. You are only taking elements into account. Often, the battle is not decided by elements at all. That's why a Matoran could beat a Toa, under the right circumstances. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Whatever, it doesn't matter that much to me; I'm not that likely to interact with him at all, anyway.
I also try to keep my characters away from the BZPRPG Chuck Norris's, although in the ILF/FoM fight, I think that's inevitable.@Abovepost: He is a powerful character because he is well played. That's the way things work here. And hence why my characters are weaklings.
Exactly. The problem here is that people are looking at him and assuming that he is rightfully overpowered. (BZP Chuck Norris....?)In the ILF/FoM fight, the main problem would be getting posts out in time.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble here, but Echelon is considered in the same tier as Dorian. Also known as the "Almost as Tough as Staff Tier".The reason? There is no one on the island that can use magnetism as well as he can. Contrary to what you seem to believe with Argentum.And Dorian could still win that fight. You are only taking elements into account. Often, the battle is not decided by elements at all. That's why a Matoran could beat a Toa, under the right circumstances.
But both are, in the end, just PC's. PC VS PC, Better RPer wins. Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Did I ever say it wasn't the better RPer who won? No? Then I'd recommend you don't put words in people's mouths.I was making a point that Echelon and Dorian are held in similar regard by the players. They are obviously both PCs.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Speaking both as someone who knows what he's talking about in this game and as a player who fought Dorian twice, I think it's time I speak here. See, I greatly admire how we'll made Dorian's backstory is and how he is played, but even considering all that is good about the character and its player, I still don't like how he is treated like the best thing to come to the game since the adoption of grammatical rules. Because he's not. Yes, be is played intelligently, and yes, TD is an experienced player, but Dorian is literally just one of many characters that share those characteristics. Not to mention one of my biggest peeves is that he uses the same bloody strategy almost every time: Manipulate metal bones and wreak havoc. There is no ingenuity in that, but if course it's a winning hand and was used against Heuani. Still, big whoop. While Dorian seems cool, his entire life and strategy is a reuse of the same elements with, arguably, little genuine branching out from the loop. He gets involved with something, beats someone up, then almost dies and somehow lives to see another day because an ally helps him, all while learning a new trick or two so he can repeat the whole motion. C'mon, people, of all the people to choose as an idol and unbeatable foe you pick a repetitive guy who uses the same cheap shot in battle? Really? I will admit, while I dislike how he follows the same vicious cycle, it is a well written cycle at that... But that doesn't mean I need to be a fan of the character. As for actually fighting? It all depends on how the battle is approached. If you think of it like there are levels of character power and estimate that your level is worse than the enemy, you'll lose. There are no levels, and in fact it's in the rules that all player characters are on the same level of power, whether they be matoran or Toa, Vortixx or Valkyr. Any combatant in any battle can be victorious; that is a fact. It's when people think they are "outclassed" before they begin that they falter. There are no differences other than the ones we set ourselves, and I see no reason to think Dorian, Echelon, Hiemalis, Brykon, or any other supposedly good fighter should be counted as in their own class, because there are none. (I know I just ripped on Dorian, but there is no qualm I have with his player. He's a good player and deserves due respect, but I still have opinions on his characters as I would on anyone else's.)

And it would be after the FoM invasion. How are things going on that? Is there a blog, or something? I mean, what's the plan? And how much is Nuju involved?
- It's starting as soon as the FoM launch their initial move.- There is no blog or anything, but I suppose there should be.- At the moment Nuju is only involved in the way that he had Heuani push the FoM into attacking Pala-Koro soon.
Heck, in the Hive Assault, it took dozens of PCs to injure Heuani...Dorian did that by himself and in Heuani's home territory of the shadows.
Heuani is a staff char important to the plot. When he fights one-on-one, he can "be allowed" to get hurt because he can always slip away and recover somewhere secluded. In a big "boss fight", he must dish out damage while taking very little so as to keep going in any realistic manner. Notice how he gets hit a few times, then he throws the Turaga as distractions and retreats. If he had actually been hurt more, he would either have drawn a lot more player ire for being a tank or invincible (some of us were murmuring already, but that's how it goes), or he would have died at our hands. VS Dorian, however, he can get a bit hurt and then walk it off. Notice how Dorian got pinned to a tree, yet he is not dead. If he can do that, Heuani can walk off a kick to the jaw.Just before the whole team engaged Heuani at the hive, he was dueling Amerikos. That did quickly end in his death, but before that they were bantering and fencing a bit. I believe it might actually have been just because more people joined in that Amerikos got offed, simply because if HEuani were to fight on a 1:1 basis it would simply not work with so many attacks. As such, only the joint-attacks (sniper fire while he was distracted, thrown lightstone detonated by laser vision) actually struck him at all.Now, Dorian... in a 1-vs-many case he would be forced into overwhelming odds because he is not a staff chaarcter vital to the plot; as per the PvP rules of this game. While sure, he is good with his element and his sword, he could not fight off 5 people from all directions at once. Ditto for any other character in this game. If he tries to flee, that is usually an accepted outcome even if a lot of people are pursuing, but if he tries to fight he should realistically be dead. See how that works? Good roleplaying is a fantastic thing, and it does give you an edge, but in the end any character is as powerful as any other.
He would only need the shield long enough to block the fire before he could move away-and if you've played this game long enough, you'll have realized that yes, dodging a lightning attack is possible. It doesn't move at the speed of light in here, brah.
Or it does, but it's easy to explain it away like you do a gunshot in modern RPGs: You don't dodge the bullet per se, you just anticipate the shot via the enemy's hand motions or you jump around so that they can't aim well. The lightning is faster than you, but the skill of the shooter to keep track of a moving target is often not as good.
As well: Dorian is this highly-trained, as well as rather messed up and...Meh, I can't think of the word, because I don't think sadistic works, but you'll get what I mean if you read up enough. His concentration is nigh on unshakeable, he's also got training in Naara's whole "Elemental Transcendence" thing...basically, he's the most proficient killer you'll find in this game after Heuani.
Backstory means pretty much nothing, because even if my character would have spent each and every IC post over the last 2 years training, he would still not be allowed to have more power than any other character unless Nuju took pity on me and allowed it for my perseverance. To take Madrihk as an example: I have described him as such: "Madrihk cannot hold his own in combat for long against more than one enemy at a time. He is a good tactical thinker and duelist, but he doesn't have the sheer strength and stamina needed to stay in combat for extended period of time."Now, this should mean that he is good at one-to-one fights but worse at extended war, right? Well, yes. But the fact of the matter is that even if I describe him as a master duelist, even the noob Matoran with a practice sword should technically be as good as him if written right. Obviously saying "I attack with my sword" is easily countered, but specifying where the sword goes ("in an aggressive thrust towards the abdomen, hoping to exploit the enemy's lack of a shield") and how the character poses ("making sure to keep his free hand behind him to avoid a wild retaliatory blow from injuring it") as well as what he might do next ("mentally preparing for the opponent to sidestep the thrust")
Listen to kal. Dorian has escaped death before, and he can do it again. This is a toa who gave heuani wounds to write home about, while several toa ganging up on heuani resulted only in a scratch on the dark toa's armor, with almost half the toa attacking him dead, and most wounded. If dorian can take on this guy and wound him, you won't stand a chance against full strength dorian. Probably the only way you can kill him is be bursting into whatever hospital he is going to and slaying all the people, which isn't going to happen.
Are you telling me no other Toa could wound Heuani? They can. A good, focused plasma stream would leave Heuani's armor as slag, but the problem here is actually landing a blow in the first place. If Heuani used his Felnas or Shadow-jumped behind Dorian somewhere, his focus on Iron control would be broken. There are lots of tactics that can disrupt people, it all comes down to the RPing. Heuani can not be RP'ed as easily against, because the plot demands he lives and big fights are already hard to orchestrate. Dorian, on the other hand... I do not fear him; nor do I fear Echleon. Like EmperorWhenua said: They are the same "level" as any other player characters. I would not go into a fight with them thinking "they are more powerful". They are skilled, and that makes them dangerous, but they are not invincible or superpowered in any way compared to others.I will say as I said about Heuani during the hive attack: The opponent might be super-powered and control forces of nature, but so does your own character. Edited by Katuko

I agree with Katuko and EW. There's no such thing as 'near-staff power'; only cunning and imaginative RPing. Also, if a character is above-average in any way, it stands to reason that they should be packing an equally below-average weakness.Let's take the example of my deliciously evil Echelon. True, he has in the past managed to fend off multiple Toa at once - BUT note that he did not do so by, say, launching some sort of super-mega-laserbeam. He simply used unconventional applications of his element - controlling people's armour, for example, is quite a powerful agent to the uninitiated.I personally think that part of my success RPing as Echelon comes from my knowledge of science - particularly physics. An example; I think JL once tried to launch a lightning bolt at Echelon. Now, that's hard to dodge or block, right? BUT lightning is made up of negative charge. And a strong enough magnetic field can deflect that charge. Solution: make a magnetic field around yourself to repel the lightning.I would also note another thing. While there is no such thing as near-staff character power, there IS such thing as near-staff character status. Echelon, despite being a PC, is considered a Dark Toa. EW's Peers are apparently even more wealthy and politically powerful than the Cultured Gentry. Madrihk, as leader of the ILS, is practically a Turaga in his own right.And, at risk of restating what has been said so many times, it all comes down to the quality of your roleplay.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I, too, do not enjoy such combat. However, I must contest the first part of your post:

I would also note another thing. While there is no such thing as near-staff character power, there IS such thing as near-staff character status. Echelon, despite being a PC, is considered a Dark Toa. EW's Peers are apparently even more wealthy and politically powerful than the Cultured Gentry. Madrihk, as leader of the ILS, is practically a Turaga in his own right.
Way to compare my character to one that just hobbles around with a walking stick and gives the occasional order when someone pests him for attention. :P
I'd like to point out the fact, "plot armor" or none, all staff characters (Daedra, Ancora, Dorian, Oceanic Six, Heunai, Echelon, Heimelas, Madrihk, Utu, and every other "important character) are Over-Powered. They're all nigh indestructable, have powers beyond the imagining of our puny little characters.
Only Heuani is a staff character. Madrihk has never been portrayed as indestructible; in fact his fights have gone as follows:- VS NPC traders/criminals: Killed a few Matoran, got thrown through a dock by a Pakari-wearer. Narrowly escaped.- Fought some Rahi; had minor trouble with Fikou.- Witnessed Jianheim's destruction, got knocked unconscious.- Fought Ferrin, got wounded. Did not do much compared to his teammates.- Stalemate with enemy Toa team.- Kept back during the hive assault, issued orders but did not fight much directly. Got wounded by Rahkshi and could/would not do much against Heuani.- Froze Skaarn solid at his player's choice (I threw the ice but did not RP any effects).- Did nothing against Nemesis Prime during that fight.- Briefly dueled Verak when he attacked, and required some help from everyone around him.Madrihk's power comes from being in charge of a team of PCs that have willingly gathered under his (semi-)command. His own power is no more than that of any other Toa. He stomps around, gets a bit angry and gives orders, but it is because people follow him that he has power. I do not use NPC zombies or fantastic sword skills or extreme elemental control. I just let Madrihk waltz around, talk big, and let other players do the work for him. Edited by Katuko

Dorian's weakness is his scarf, of course. And the fact that if you manage to break through his shell he's actually going to seem like a rather good guy, and one could exploit that if they were smart enough, and--Before I go into a long list with surprisingly few jokes based on what I have inferred from previous posts and conversations with Tyler, let's just say that yes, Dorian still has his weaknesses, and they could possibly prove worse than those that other characters seem to have. It's just that through experience and familiarity with his character, Tyler's got a good idea on how to exploit those weaknesses, as well as what weaknesses Dorian would be able to exploit with his character. In character, Dorian's smart, and it's been proved over time through RPing that he's one of those types that can't be shaken too easily-or, at least, not in the middle of a battle. It's not just some hyped-up backstory thing.So, basically, I'm going to step back from an IC, in battle idea and look at this from the big picture: Good RPing and Writing does a pretty good job of winning against just about everything but plot armour/particularly stubborn RPers. Anybody more experienced willing to testify/expand on that?

profiles i guess

I'd like to point out the fact, "plot armor" or none, all staff characters (Daedra, Ancora, Dorian, Oceanic Six, Heunai, Echelon, Heimelas, Madrihk, Utu, and every other "important character) are Over-Powered. They're all nigh indestructable, have powers beyond the imagining of our puny little characters.Personally, I hate it. Everthing has a weakness, there is always a bigger fish, and the fact that you could gather all the other characters together and barely SCRATCH one of these characters before through some dark magic (which magic ISN'T supposed to exist in this game, according to the rules) or "the thousands of years of time-honed training" kicks in, and that character blows all his opponents to ###### and back ticks me off. I find major fault with this.Opposite of our resident ghostly hands, I'm pretty sure there is a staff power, and it's only available to a certain cadre of players who have through some means or another, gotten involved in the staff plot, or just claimed the character is a god among men really gets to me. It really ruins the experience for me, with at least twenty persons of mass destruction walking around the island all the time.
Auron, I'm sorry, but that is just plain ridiculous. For reference, each paragraph of my post lines up with each paragraph of Auron's.First off, the only character on that list that is a staff character is Heuani. Second of all, none of them are OP for what they are. Heuani is a plot device. Which means his powers are always going to be greater than any PC he faces, simply because he has to survive every fight he gets into in order for the plot to progress. As for the others, you will notice a pattern here. Every character or group you named is played by extremely good RPers. Some of them have unique powers. But they were approved, and they can still be beaten. It's just that the people who play them know how to use them effectively. ANd the Ancora haven't even done anything yet.I already outlined this with Heuani. And you're right. Everything does have a weakness, which is why these PCs can be beaten, if you are clever enough to figure out how.Every PC except for Matoran are Persons of Mass Destruction. Deal with it. And the idea that these players receive special powers, or favoritism? That's just plain insulting. To them, and to Nuju.

fK5oqYf.jpg