Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

The islets.....So we cant walk or swim there? Wut? When was this?As for the 'skin' thing, I personally think of skin in the BZPRPG as the 'Biological+Mechanical body', and then with armor on top of that.
You can't swim the distance to the Kumu islets. Otherwise they wouldn't be islets. It would just be part of the mainland, seperated by broad rivers. Looking at the map should make things clearer.And yeah, I sort of agree with you about the bodies. That seems to be how most people play. I think its how bionicle canon works too- theres some sort of scene in one of the Mahri books where their big sub thing takes off their armor and repairs it for them.But you can play them as human or robotic as you wish.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

My opinion on the skin situation is that BZPRPG characters have the robotic parts and skeleton with organic organs, muscles, and blood, etc. in that same area. Over that is the layer of tissue, or "skin", and then over that is the natural armor every biomechanical being has. I consider that like the standard "Clothes" for Biomechanical beings, because they haven't really developed a need for random cloth clothes like humans have. On top of that you can wear extra armor, robes, clothes, backpacks, or any custom clothing that players who play their characters more humanlike usually make their characters wear. That's how I play my characters. I don't have much an opinion on the romantic sides of this, since I usually try to stay away from my characters being in those situations, but I guess any of you could support a deviation of my opinion in which the top layer is removable.And I'm still looking for someone who wants a matoran gladiator slave.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

My opinion on the skin situation is that BZPRPG characters have the robotic parts and skeleton with organic organs, muscles, and blood, etc. in that same area. Over that is the layer of tissue, or "skin", and then over that is the natural armor every biomechanical being has. I consider that like the standard "Clothes" for Biomechanical beings, because they haven't really developed a need for random cloth clothes like humans have. On top of that you can wear extra armor, robes, clothes, backpacks, or any custom clothing that players who play their characters more humanlike usually make their characters wear. That's how I play my characters. I don't have much an opinion on the romantic sides of this, since I usually try to stay away from my characters being in those situations, but I guess any of you could support a deviation of my opinion in which the top layer is removable.
I'd always imagined something like this, the natural mechainics/armor are a intergated part of their body and none-removable, similar to our skeletons, while having orgainic portions where needed. Lungs, muscles, etc. More mechanical with a few "organic components" than anything else.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'm just going to attempt to avoid being condescending and say this:If you want to get large amounts of supplies and what not and carry them by yourself overland, be my guest. In the meantime, I'll use the faster, easier route that is a boat.As well, something that was mentioned earlier about Dock Villages being silly:Have you ever been to an actual coastal town? They pretty much always start off as docks...seeing as, y'know, we can't drink salt water, so it's not like a foundation society, springing up near a river.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Adding to Kal's point: most famous cities were near large bodies of water or rivers to establish cheap and easy trade by boat which is faster that land caravans. New York City. Boston. Saint Louis. Savannah. Etc.So trading by boat makes you more money.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So trading by boat makes you more money.
And who doesn't like that?
I rest my case.And does anyone want their character to own a gladiator matoran slave?

Yeah, the docks were kind of bombarded with cannonballs. Some intact ships are still there, anchored to the part that wasn't hit. After all, the pirates weren't aiming to shoot Matoran or cause random mayhem, but to take down their attackers and get away unscathed with a profit.They just didn't care much if they did hit Matoran. XD
The Toa Daedra repaired the docks after Dorian v. Anthyn, and defended it from the pirates' attacks. The docks should still be in pristine condition.Also on the subject of docks: I've always assumed that Ga-Koro is home to a good deal of fishermen/women, and their fishing boats need a marina to anchor in. So the docks are not merely for housing travelling ships, although that is one of their purposes.

On a completely un-related topic, what if next year, Ga-Koro is somehow underwater? o-o
What, so a Kaukau/Faxon becomes a prerequisite for any non-water visitors? Sounds... intriguing.Also, hi everybody, I just joined the bzprpg, looking forward to my new, "Zork"-style adventures.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

WELCOME KOPAKAMIDAK.I, Kughii, shall be your helpful tour guide to the wonderful world of the BZPRPG. As one of the few remaining who carry the light of CRANE, I look forward to watching you blossom into a powerful and potent writer, whose words speak both wisdom and comedy in times of crisis! Or no, perhaps they speak both action and wisdom. Or no, perhaps sanity while I go on typing sprees!Anyways, I digress.Welcome dear player, and let me know if CRANE can be of any service.

About the anatomies of biomechanical beings:There is no set standard. Each player can choose how they portray their characters, anywhere on the continuum from humans in armour up to MNOG-style mechanical near-robots.Part of this comes from the fact that BIONICLE canon doesn't say much on the subject. Really, it can't even make up its mind whether muscles are mechanical or organic, and shows both. This ambiguity means that as far as BZPRPG canon goes, things are even less clear, and each player's decision becomes more important. You make a choice and play like that, and that's fine. There is no right or wrong way to fo it.

ppg2.png

WELCOME KOPAKAMIDAK.I, Kughii, shall be your helpful tour guide to the wonderful world of the BZPRPG. As one of the few remaining who carry the light of CRANE, I look forward to watching you blossom into a powerful and potent writer, whose words speak both wisdom and comedy in times of crisis! Or no, perhaps they speak both action and wisdom. Or no, perhaps sanity while I go on typing sprees!Anyways, I digress.Welcome dear player, and let me know if CRANE can be of any service.
Way ahead of you, Kughz ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Way ahead of you, Kughz ;)
Kughii beat you to the punch though; already reviewed my first couple posts in Onu-Wahi.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

About the anatomies of biomechanical beings:There is no set standard. Each player can choose how they portray their characters, anywhere on the continuum from humans in armour up to MNOG-style mechanical near-robots.Part of this comes from the fact that BIONICLE canon doesn't say much on the subject. Really, it can't even make up its mind whether muscles are mechanical or organic, and shows both. This ambiguity means that as far as BZPRPG canon goes, things are even less clear, and each player's decision becomes more important. You make a choice and play like that, and that's fine. There is no right or wrong way to fo it.
This, pretty much. I usually go by set-style, but the shape of said set varies depending on the character. (The Aukati, for example, have as many parts as Titans in appearance, and yet are pretty much normal size.) As for scale, screw it. I like complex MOC's, even if I lack the parts to make them and end up drawing it! Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have no idea how I play them.Anyway, Ussal carts.My awesome idea involves ... giant ussal carts with mounted disk launchers.Are there any already?
The closest to that afaik is ussals with repeating crossbow turrets mounted on their shells.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Why not? Nuju allowed an entire new village, coupled with an Element disabling field around it. I don't see why you can't have things like this - You just need the PC's to construct it.Also, just wondering (Directed towards TD more, this question). What is Elemental Transcendence?

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Why not? Nuju allowed an entire new village, coupled with an Element disabling field around it. I don't see why you can't have things like this - You just need the PC's to construct it.Also, just wondering (Directed towards TD more, this question). What is Elemental Transcendence?
it was a technique taught long ago during peacetimeuntilthe fire nation attacked-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND