• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#30961 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,022 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:27 AM

Ah yes, the Islets are by far the strongest case toward this in my opinion. The game would have quite a plot hole if there were no docks.

#30962 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,741 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:34 AM

The islets.....So we cant walk or swim there? Wut? When was this?As for the 'skin' thing, I personally think of skin in the BZPRPG as the 'Biological+Mechanical body', and then with armor on top of that.

GT: Jl1223 X  -  Anyone playing Destiny or Halo on the Xbone? Add me!

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#30963 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:38 AM

The islets.....So we cant walk or swim there? Wut? When was this?

Posted Image

As for the 'skin' thing, I personally think of skin in the BZPRPG as the 'Biological+Mechanical body', and then with armor on top of that.

That's more or less my view on it.

#30964 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:38 AM

The islets.....So we cant walk or swim there? Wut? When was this?

Yeah sure, why don't English people just swim to Ireland!

not a lot of things match my avatar

#30965 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,741 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:40 AM

Maybe if it were that far. But this is game time.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#30966 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,129 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:46 AM

More like swimming to the Isle of Wight, but I agree with Wotz XD

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#30967 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 02-December 10
  • 7,744 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:49 AM

As for the 'skin' thing, I personally think of skin in the BZPRPG as the 'Biological+Mechanical body', and then with armor on top of that.

Right, I forgot that some or their oragnic muscles show through that natural armor, so I'd imagine a sort of skin covers that.

signature.jpg

#30968 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 04-November 10
  • 1,515 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:56 AM

The islets.....So we cant walk or swim there? Wut? When was this?As for the 'skin' thing, I personally think of skin in the BZPRPG as the 'Biological+Mechanical body', and then with armor on top of that.

You can't swim the distance to the Kumu islets. Otherwise they wouldn't be islets. It would just be part of the mainland, seperated by broad rivers. Looking at the map should make things clearer.And yeah, I sort of agree with you about the bodies. That seems to be how most people play. I think its how bionicle canon works too- theres some sort of scene in one of the Mahri books where their big sub thing takes off their armor and repairs it for them.But you can play them as human or robotic as you wish.

#30969 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:08 AM

My opinion on the skin situation is that BZPRPG characters have the robotic parts and skeleton with organic organs, muscles, and blood, etc. in that same area. Over that is the layer of tissue, or "skin", and then over that is the natural armor every biomechanical being has. I consider that like the standard "Clothes" for Biomechanical beings, because they haven't really developed a need for random cloth clothes like humans have. On top of that you can wear extra armor, robes, clothes, backpacks, or any custom clothing that players who play their characters more humanlike usually make their characters wear. That's how I play my characters. I don't have much an opinion on the romantic sides of this, since I usually try to stay away from my characters being in those situations, but I guess any of you could support a deviation of my opinion in which the top layer is removable.And I'm still looking for someone who wants a matoran gladiator slave.

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#30970 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 02-December 10
  • 7,744 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:24 AM

My opinion on the skin situation is that BZPRPG characters have the robotic parts and skeleton with organic organs, muscles, and blood, etc. in that same area. Over that is the layer of tissue, or "skin", and then over that is the natural armor every biomechanical being has. I consider that like the standard "Clothes" for Biomechanical beings, because they haven't really developed a need for random cloth clothes like humans have. On top of that you can wear extra armor, robes, clothes, backpacks, or any custom clothing that players who play their characters more humanlike usually make their characters wear. That's how I play my characters. I don't have much an opinion on the romantic sides of this, since I usually try to stay away from my characters being in those situations, but I guess any of you could support a deviation of my opinion in which the top layer is removable.

I'd always imagined something like this, the natural mechainics/armor are a intergated part of their body and none-removable, similar to our skeletons, while having orgainic portions where needed. Lungs, muscles, etc. More mechanical with a few "organic components" than anything else.

signature.jpg

#30971 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm just going to attempt to avoid being condescending and say this:If you want to get large amounts of supplies and what not and carry them by yourself overland, be my guest. In the meantime, I'll use the faster, easier route that is a boat.As well, something that was mentioned earlier about Dock Villages being silly:Have you ever been to an actual coastal town? They pretty much always start off as docks...seeing as, y'know, we can't drink salt water, so it's not like a foundation society, springing up near a river.

#30972 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:36 AM

Adding to Kal's point: most famous cities were near large bodies of water or rivers to establish cheap and easy trade by boat which is faster that land caravans. New York City. Boston. Saint Louis. Savannah. Etc.So trading by boat makes you more money.

Edited by Bulik, Oct 13 2012 - 11:36 AM.

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

#30973 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 02-December 10
  • 7,744 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:52 AM

So trading by boat makes you more money.

And who doesn't like that?

signature.jpg

#30974 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:57 AM

So trading by boat makes you more money.

And who doesn't like that?

I rest my case.And does anyone want their character to own a gladiator matoran slave?

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

#30975 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, the docks were kind of bombarded with cannonballs. Some intact ships are still there, anchored to the part that wasn't hit. After all, the pirates weren't aiming to shoot Matoran or cause random mayhem, but to take down their attackers and get away unscathed with a profit.They just didn't care much if they did hit Matoran. XD

The Toa Daedra repaired the docks after Dorian v. Anthyn, and defended it from the pirates' attacks. The docks should still be in pristine condition.Also on the subject of docks: I've always assumed that Ga-Koro is home to a good deal of fishermen/women, and their fishing boats need a marina to anchor in. So the docks are not merely for housing travelling ships, although that is one of their purposes.

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#30976 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 28-October 10
  • 2,726 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 01:28 PM

I've written too much backstory with that thought as well. Lets not change pages of a word of a word doc please

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#30977 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 01:33 PM

On a completely un-related topic, what if next year, Ga-Koro is somehow underwater? o-o

#30978 Offline Rucks

Rucks
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 08-June 12
  • 3,681 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 01:51 PM

On a completely un-related topic, what if next year, Ga-Koro is somehow underwater? o-o

What, so a Kaukau/Faxon becomes a prerequisite for any non-water visitors? Sounds... intriguing.Also, hi everybody, I just joined the bzprpg, looking forward to my new, "Zork"-style adventures.

BZPRPG Profiles

Ferron-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Korru-Mar-Wherya-Helios-Melna-Colx-Trava-Zelvin-Corex-Mako

My blog, where I talk about stuff.

#30979 Offline Joseph Cooper

Joseph Cooper
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,896 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 01:54 PM

Welcome KopakaMidak. Last time the hate wagon was used couldn't possibly be me. Right?

The Ihu-Koronan Highlanders are always looking for more recruits. I have four positions that I need filled, PM me for information.

BZPRPG Profiles

#30980 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 28-October 10
  • 2,726 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 02:13 PM

WELCOME KOPAKAMIDAK.I, Kughii, shall be your helpful tour guide to the wonderful world of the BZPRPG. As one of the few remaining who carry the light of CRANE, I look forward to watching you blossom into a powerful and potent writer, whose words speak both wisdom and comedy in times of crisis! Or no, perhaps they speak both action and wisdom. Or no, perhaps sanity while I go on typing sprees!Anyways, I digress.Welcome dear player, and let me know if CRANE can be of any service.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#30981 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 03-October 10
  • 3,376 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 02:31 PM

About the anatomies of biomechanical beings:There is no set standard. Each player can choose how they portray their characters, anywhere on the continuum from humans in armour up to MNOG-style mechanical near-robots.Part of this comes from the fact that BIONICLE canon doesn't say much on the subject. Really, it can't even make up its mind whether muscles are mechanical or organic, and shows both. This ambiguity means that as far as BZPRPG canon goes, things are even less clear, and each player's decision becomes more important. You make a choice and play like that, and that's fine. There is no right or wrong way to fo it.

#30982 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,129 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 03:15 PM

WELCOME KOPAKAMIDAK.I, Kughii, shall be your helpful tour guide to the wonderful world of the BZPRPG. As one of the few remaining who carry the light of CRANE, I look forward to watching you blossom into a powerful and potent writer, whose words speak both wisdom and comedy in times of crisis! Or no, perhaps they speak both action and wisdom. Or no, perhaps sanity while I go on typing sprees!Anyways, I digress.Welcome dear player, and let me know if CRANE can be of any service.

Way ahead of you, Kughz ;)

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#30983 Offline Rucks

Rucks
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 08-June 12
  • 3,681 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 05:03 PM

Way ahead of you, Kughz ;)

Kughii beat you to the punch though; already reviewed my first couple posts in Onu-Wahi.

BZPRPG Profiles

Ferron-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Korru-Mar-Wherya-Helios-Melna-Colx-Trava-Zelvin-Corex-Mako

My blog, where I talk about stuff.

#30984 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,022 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 05:37 PM

About the anatomies of biomechanical beings:There is no set standard. Each player can choose how they portray their characters, anywhere on the continuum from humans in armour up to MNOG-style mechanical near-robots.Part of this comes from the fact that BIONICLE canon doesn't say much on the subject. Really, it can't even make up its mind whether muscles are mechanical or organic, and shows both. This ambiguity means that as far as BZPRPG canon goes, things are even less clear, and each player's decision becomes more important. You make a choice and play like that, and that's fine. There is no right or wrong way to fo it.

This, pretty much. I usually go by set-style, but the shape of said set varies depending on the character. (The Aukati, for example, have as many parts as Titans in appearance, and yet are pretty much normal size.) As for scale, screw it. I like complex MOC's, even if I lack the parts to make them and end up drawing it!

Edited by TNG Prime, Oct 13 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#30985 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 19-July 12
  • 4,098 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 06:50 PM

I tend to follow the 85% mechanical approach

#30986 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,866 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have no idea how I play them.Anyway, Ussal carts.My awesome idea involves ... giant ussal carts with mounted disk launchers.Are there any already?

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#30987 Offline Carson Chambliss

Carson Chambliss
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 15-July 10
  • 5,113 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 07:29 PM

I have no idea how I play them.Anyway, Ussal carts.My awesome idea involves ... giant ussal carts with mounted disk launchers.Are there any already?

The closest to that afaik is ussals with repeating crossbow turrets mounted on their shells.

#30988 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,866 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 07:38 PM

Well then, if we have carts with them, we'll have a giant crossbow train!

ULPxgev.gif

#30989 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 18-October 11
  • 692 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 08:56 PM

^ This should happen

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#30990 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 08:57 PM

Nuju would never allow it.

#30991 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,866 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 09:01 PM

We already have crossbow Ussals. We just have to attach some more carts to Ussals, and get a stronger and more enduring Ussal.Then we add crossbows.

ULPxgev.gif

#30992 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,741 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 09:02 PM

Why not? Nuju allowed an entire new village, coupled with an Element disabling field around it. I don't see why you can't have things like this - You just need the PC's to construct it.Also, just wondering (Directed towards TD more, this question). What is Elemental Transcendence?

Edited by Jl1223 X, Oct 13 2012 - 09:15 PM.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#30993 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 22-May 06
  • 3,197 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 09:13 PM

Because a village isn't a motorized vehicle on a track that would simply be too expensive both resources wise, and money wise.

"People are scratched,                                                                                               

]|aden_scarf_2-bannermaybe.gif|[

not broken."

[BZPRPG Profiles]

#30994 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,978 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 09:25 PM

Why not? Nuju allowed an entire new village, coupled with an Element disabling field around it. I don't see why you can't have things like this - You just need the PC's to construct it.Also, just wondering (Directed towards TD more, this question). What is Elemental Transcendence?

it was a technique taught long ago during peacetimeuntilthe fire nation attacked-Teezy

and again, pathetic confusion.

ghostie.jpg

dorian, you aint changed.

#30995 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 09:28 PM

The fier nashun attaqed, eh?Wee must fite aginst dems.Anyways, an Ussal train sounds like a good idea. Like a wagon train. You know, trading caravans.With crossbows...not so much.EDIT:Hey guys, I just remember why you all are always so afraid of Nuju.

Edited by Kal Grochi, Oct 13 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#30996 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,866 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 10:58 PM

Nah, my fear of him comes from him winning the BZPRPG by eating the Makuta AI.

ULPxgev.gif

#30997 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:00 PM

^^. . .That's reminding more of how obnoxious Kalama was, not how scary Nuju is. . .^That does, though.

Edited by BenLuke-116, Oct 13 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#30998 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,866 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:03 PM

There was also Jianheim too.Less scary and more: OH MY GOD NUJU CAN POP UP OUT OF NOWHERE AND DESTROY EVERYTHING BECAUSE HE CAN.

ULPxgev.gif

#30999 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-July 12
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:05 PM

Uhh... Kalama, rest in peace. Or don't. He seemed rather unfriendly.

I'm scared of Nuju because other people are. It's a fear bandwagon! :P

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227, Oct 14 2012 - 01:03 AM.

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

#31000 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:11 PM

I still remember that big scare that seemed to go about when whatever character of mine was killed.It was funny.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users