Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Considering Nuju declared these things valid months ago, you really should have expected this from someone sooner or later.
Of course. Still miffed that the marvelous setting of BIONICLE continues to be derailed into "humans with powers" rather than all the unique stuff that could be done with the characters.How is pregnancy even going to be written with characters like these? Does their armor expand to fit, I mean? Is the kid a small Toa or a Matoran? How does the metal parts and armor get formed? If it's like chitinous plating it'd stillgraggrghmrbbbrlm! BrghblbbgrgConception?rghgbaarghblaghbrbhbl!...I formally disapprove of pregnancy in this game.

Wait, this has happened before?And guys, besides having your char's bleed blood (which I'm actually uncofortable with), stuff themselves, and get drunk off of their butts, please treat them more like machines than humans. Speaking of which, I think that TLZ's Waves of the South biology guide should be the benchmark. Or if you don't want to use another rpg's material, we could make our own guide. For starters, which systems are and aren't in the body? So far, I think that the excretory, endocrine, reproductive, and possibly lymphatic systems can go.

Wait, this has happened before?And guys, besides having your char's bleed blood (which I'm actually uncofortable with), stuff themselves, and get drunk off of their butts, please treat them more like machines than humans.Speaking of which, I think that TLZ's Waves of the South biology guide should be the benchmark. Or if you don't want to use another rpg's material, we could make our own guide. For starters, which systems are and aren't in the body? So far, I think that the excretory, endocrine, reproductive, and possibly lymphatic systems can go.
Q: How "realistic" should I be? And should it be earth realism or BIONICLE realism?A: In this game, we generally stick to the official canon, though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction).
Nope. Fact is, a large portion of the population uses humans as bench marks for anatomy. Because it makes combat and descriptions easier when you don't have to think up robotic synonyms for everything.And that isn't changing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Considering Nuju declared these things valid months ago, you really should have expected this from someone sooner or later.-Teezy
If I remember correctly, he said people could be related, not get together and have children. Let's wait till the boss says something about this. I wanna see some smiting, or at the very least, retconning

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Considering Nuju declared these things valid months ago, you really should have expected this from someone sooner or later.-Teezy
If I remember correctly, he said people could be related, not get together and have children. Let's wait till the boss says something about this. I wanna see some smiting, or at the very least, retconning
He did actually say pregnancy was fine. I'll dig up the quote.EDIT: Constructman. I played Waves. Nothing against Lev, but he sticks strictly to canon. We don't. There is no game-wide anatomy. Deal with it. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Q: How "realistic" should I be? And should it be earth realism or BIONICLE realism?A: In this game, we generally stick to the official canon, though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction).
though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction).
giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction).
(ie. ingesting food, reproduction).
reproduction
I think I made my point.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

I think of them as quarians (I know, mass effect, but you'll see why in a minute) with armor and elemental powers. They can't have it off constantly (mask sickness, whereas quarians can't because they have next to no immune system). As long as no one is running around with no armor on constantly, I don't have problems.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Aha! Found it. From Nuju himself, September 16th of this year.

Reproduction can happen in the BZPRPG. Just try to avoid asking the how and the why, and we'll be fine. :PPersonally I try to avoid it, but since many characters this year have backstories related to families and etc.,Reproduction will certainly remain a part of this world at least until the start of next year.

fK5oqYf.jpg

This idea fo reproduction and giving birth has been around since the first reboot, and likely before that. I don't see why everyone's getting so upset about it now.
Because Emotia got pregnant and now people are grumbling about how that's "not Bionicle-y". We are not in the canon, people- we're just based off it. We don't stick to the canon exactly. Now if you have a problem with it, talk to Nuju.EDIT: Thanks Kray. See everyone? Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Is it wrong that I'm pleased at how much controversy I've seemed to cause?Oh God I'm turning into Kal.

How is pregnancy even going to be written with characters like these? Does their armor expand to fit, I mean? Is the kid a small Toa or a Matoran? How does the metal parts and armor get formed? If it's like chitinous plating it'd stillgraggrghmrbbbrlm! BrghblbbgrgConception?rghgbaarghblaghbrbhbl!
Well, I guess we'll find out won't we? :lol:

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Is it wrong that I'm pleased at how much controversy I've seemed to cause?Oh God I'm turning into Kal.
How is pregnancy even going to be written with characters like these? Does their armor expand to fit, I mean? Is the kid a small Toa or a Matoran? How does the metal parts and armor get formed? If it's like chitinous plating it'd stillgraggrghmrbbbrlm! BrghblbbgrgConception?rghgbaarghblaghbrbhbl!
The kid's probably a Matoran, since you can only turn into a Toa with a Toa Stone. But we'll see what Nuju dictates. :P

The kid's probably a Matoran, since you can only turn into a Toa with a Toa Stone. But we'll see what Nuju dictates. :P
I just went with; "Somehow, the female is able to reproduce"Can't we just leave it at that? Some things are meant to be a mystery and not meant to be known by sane mortals (i.e. Spiderman 2 &3).

There sure has been a lot of anatomical discussion in this topic, hasn't there? So much disagreement and the like. It's interesting, but I would really love to go into next year with something more... solid. But oh no! Nuju is too lazy and busy and physiologically ignorant to design such a guide himself! What can be done? Who will save us?A NEW CONTEST WILL SAVE US!I hereby announce a formal challenge: somebody, anybody, design a comprehensive anatomical guide for BZPRPG characters. If your guide really covers everything, encompasses all legal canon species, and suits the game well enough (and, of course, if I like it better than the other entries!), I'll adapt it into the official guidelines for next year. Be sure to address what you think should be stances on reproduction/family, organic vs. mechanical, and all that jazz. Find the balance between comprehensiveness and brevity, and you might stand a chance. Nobody here wants to read a massive essay on this stuff, least of all me.You have until November 30th. Let's see what comes out of this; Good luck.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

CAWNTEEEEEEESSSST!!!!!!!Also, who RP's the kid?Will he be a combination of the male/female element, or just 1?Also, I'm sure that this was coming up the moment the first male Toa of Water appeared and the first female Toa of Fire/air/stone/ice/earth appeared.Off the guiding!

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Ooh. I'm definitely doing this.
Me too; I definitely don't want the official anatomy to be the "humans with super powers" theorem.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

There sure has been a lot of anatomical discussion in this topic, hasn't there? So much disagreement and the like. It's interesting, but I would really love to go into next year with something more... solid. But oh no! Nuju is too lazy and busy and physiologically ignorant to design such a guide himself! What can be done? Who will save us?A NEW CONTEST WILL SAVE US!I hereby announce a formal challenge: somebody, anybody, design a comprehensive anatomical guide for BZPRPG characters. If your guide really covers everything, encompasses all legal canon species, and suits the game well enough (and, of course, if I like it better than the other entries!), I'll adapt it into the official guidelines for next year. Be sure to address what you think should be stances on reproduction/family, organic vs. mechanical, and all that jazz. Find the balance between comprehensiveness and brevity, and you might stand a chance. Nobody here wants to read a massive essay on this stuff, least of all me.You have until November 30th. Let's see what comes out of this; Good luck.
Deal. Halfway done already.

Depends on if the winner gets something. :P I might try this.

I think it's rather ridiculous that we need an official guide to determine exactly how human-like our characters are. The BZPRPG is a sandbox RPG, meaning there is a great deal of freedom. That freedom includes how you play your characters.If you think you are important enough to be able to pick and choose exactly how you want another player's characters to look or act, you are extremely arrogant. It is not your place to tell someone else that they are wrong and they should change their playing style to suit your desires. The only people allowed to do that are the staff, and they do so only when someone, in exercising their freedom, begins to threaten what the staff feels is the balance of the game.If Nuju says that something is allowed, then stop whining and roll with it. This is not your personal game; you do not make the rules. The BZPRPG has never conformed to the desires of a single player, and it never will, because that would be destroying the very core of the game. If you want to control the rules of the universe, then go to the Library forum and do so. Just because someone plays their characters with human clothes does not mean I have to do likewise with my characters. My characters can be straight out of their set forms if I wish, and that's okay, because we are free to play our characters however we wish. It's like BZPRPG time: no one person gets to say it's day or night. I can play my Matoran as a Tohunga straight out of MNOG while the person next to me can be playing a "human with superpowers," and we'll just make it work like we make BZPRPG time work.In all honesty, I'm rather disappointed that we, the players, have decided we need strict rules on character anatomy when the BZPRPG has run for so many years without an anatomical guide. All the arguing that goes on here in GD is completely unnecessary; it could all be avoided if people just took a deep breath and reminded themselves that their personal opinions do not have any more weight than another person's, and posting "i don't like this its dumb" does not mean anything.I won't say your opinions mean nothing, because they do: we, the players, have an immense amount of collective control over the game. But you, personally, and me, personally, do not, and it wouldn't be fair if we did.I agree with Nuju's decision to adopt an official anatomical guide: it's necessary because of all the arguing that goes on in here. Again, I'm just disappointed that people were arguing at all. After all, it's just a game.