Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

YAY! for Makuta Followers I gave away but can still RP as. :biggrin:
Because I allow you to, out of my generous heart. :POut of curiousity, who's still at the Battle? It seems like things have slowed down there slightly...
Skrihen is, who I will be using again very soon.If I can actually find anyone for her to fight.
Onyx and Frii'Glokk are being assaulted by Spyder, Zenix, and possibly Kuanlo, so we would appreciate some help. And Frii'Glokk is a skakdi, so Skrihken can use her powers (I think she is a skakdi too...).

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

No, she's a toa of the green
Derp. I could've sworn...*Runs away to a corner*Well that just goes to show why people should link their profiles in their sig. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

There's a reason I don't link my profiles in my signature.I enjoy making people miserable looking for them. :)
*Grumbles*Well, I still need that backup; Two toa are ganging up on my skakdi.EDIT: Oh, I had no Idea it was supposed to be capitalized that way XD. Edited by Bulik

Terzak, Dyzaera, and Genno have absolutely nothing to do. Can they help Frii'Glokk?
Anyone can join in on a battle if they are near it. All help is appreciated.

I have an annoucement to make. I am introducing a custom species known as the Anzaros (approved by Nuju.) and a plot to go with them.AnzarosPower Equivalent: ToaPhysical Appearance/abilities:The primary physical difference from Toa is the presence of four arms rather than two.The placement of these arms is variable. They may be on the shoulders or slightly beneath them, even on the hips or back. All hands have retractable claws.Anzaros do have difficulty performing too many tasks with their arms. They can easily use two arms for complex tasks or carry four items, but performing complex tasks with all four requires strong focus. Using both powers at the same time requires equal focus.In terms of color, Anzaros can have any color scheme, usually two-toned. Anzaros with elements usually have colors linked to their element, but not always.Anzaros can wear Kanohi, but cannot use them. The first Anzaros power will shut off without a powerless Kanohi, and the second set of arms will cease to function, becoming completely paralyzed. Going for a week or more without a Kanohi will make an Anzaros very tired, and several weeks will result in a coma.Anzaros have a high degree of spatial awareness, and their culture and brain structure lead them to adopt what might be considered the philosophy of a squirrel: Try, Adapt, and Repeat. Anzaros try to solve problems, and if they fail, they change their approach and try again. Anzaros are incredibly persistent and find it difficult to give up. Like a squirrel, Anzaros are skilled acrobats and leapers, and excellent climbers.In addition to the weaknesses provided by any power, and the relation of Anzaros to powerless Kanohi, they are more vulnerable to electric shock. Anzaros with Lightning, Magnetic, or Vertigo powers have normal resistance in comparison with other species. Their homeland is also tropical, and Anzaros thus suffer from extreme cold. Anzaros of Ice have average resistance to cold, in comparison with non-Ice elementals of other species.All Anzaros also have a set of pressure points that can disable their limbs. When struck, these points will trigger nerves in the associated arm(s) that cause extreme pain, basically disabling those arms for about two minutes. Each armpit has a pressure point that disables the associated arm. In between the four arms on the back is a pressure point that disables all four limbs at once.Possible Powers:First Power:One legal elemental power. Anzaros have 50% of a Toa’s elemental power, and cannot absorb elemental energy to recharge an element or block an attack.Second Power:Elemental Absortion- On physical contact, elemental energy can be absorbed from a being that has access to it. (So this power does not apply to Matoran, and only applies to Skakdi if you can get hold of two.) This elemental energy becomes physical energy for the user. In order to drain, one needs to maintain physical contact with the victim.Acid: User can fire blasts of acid. Acid cannot eat through protosteel. Users tend to have a nasty personality. An Anzaros can hurt themselves with this power.Magma Control: This power allows the user to control existing supplies of magma or lava. Bringing up lava from beneath the ground is difficult in environments beyond Ta-Wahi. This makes users of this power somewhat helpless away from Ta-Wahi. The best technique to over-come this is to carry a special backpack with tanks made of lava rock that can safely contain a small amount of Magma. Lava can also be kept hot by adding heatstone to these tanks. Typically best to use by firing over the shoulder like a bazooka after removing the lid. Note that Magma Control applies to molten rock that is in a liquid state, nothing else like fire or stone.Force Field Creation: User can create force-fields in any shape, with certain strength limits. These begin to break like glass when exposed to the strength of a Pakari or the weight of three Toa. A field will only last for three minutes underwater, and continual exposure to water can cause parts of field to dissolve. Limit one field at a time, requiring some energy to maintain and complete focus.Bezerk-When angered, users of this power gain incredible Pakari-like strength and lose the ability to feel pain in battle. However, in battle rage, the Anzaros has no clue how much damage they have taken, and can think of nothing but destroying their enemies. Fighting tactically is next to impossible with this power.Numb- Temporarily robs target of a sense of touch. Requires physical contact to activate. Longer duration of contact will increase numbness duration. Target can still move, though it is difficult to do so, since they cannot feel their own movements. The sense of touch returns gradually over time.Seismic Sphere: Anzaros can make and charge a seismic sphere that releases it’s energy on contact, often strong enough to shatter stone or damage armor. Charging one takes at least two hands and requires some physical energy. A sphere takes at least a few seconds to charge to the point where it can cause damage, and reaches maximum charge at three minutes, at which point it must be used or it will hurt the user. The sphere can be thrown or plunged directly into the targeted object, the second being the more risky of the two. A fully charged sphere is enough to break a standard stone wall, and it’s creator will generally collapse from exhaustion.Vertigo-User can fire green energy blasts that induce vertigo in targets when struck. Power requires physical energy. Target can recover faster by focusing on their sense of balance.Kinetic Immunity: Melee strikes and projectiles without special abilities have no effect on the user. This does not effect elemental attacks or Kanohi Matatu. User must be aware of attacks for power to function.Charging: On contact, the user can charge others to enhance a physical attribute such as strength, speed, agility, reflexes, hearing and smell temporarily. This can be used on allies to assist them. The longer the charge contact, the greater the increase. User loses proportionate amount of energy. Sight cannot be enhanced beyond what a telescope can provide. Max one enhancement and one target at a time.Rules on Parakuka:Parakuka function normally, providing boosts in exchange for energy and preventing the user from utilizing their powers.Culture: The most significant note on Anzaros culture is, perhaps, about a Toa called “The Silver Hawk.” The Anzaros hold this Toa in high esteem, and believe that he is a direct servant of Mata Nui (Or Makuta, depending upon the allegiances of an Anzaros.) It is said that he leads a team of six, and that he and his team could make all of nature bend to their will when they worked together. Legends indicate that this Toa created the first of them when he was a Matoran, and that he was of the element of Magnetism. The hawk and other birds of prey were symbols of particular importance to him and his people. These legends are exaggerations in some ways, but they do contain kernels of truth.The Anzaros actually think there homeland to be the island of Mata Nui in the time before time. The Anzaros have maintained their factions since the time when they were at war.The Thunderflash are in search of the long-lost Silver Hawk. Seeing the grave danger that Makuta may pose to the life of their legend, if he is even still alive, those Anzaros who support Mata Nui have loosely banded together to defend the island, under the leadership of an Anzaros named Akami, and her unofficial deputy , the Keeper of Legends, Thykius, who is the first Anzaros. These Anzaros form a loose faction called the Thunderflash. This name rises from another symbol of significance in Anzaros culture, thunder, considered important, as their home island was often stormy, and lightning was often the only source of illumination. These Anzaros have taken high morals, following the Toa Code. They are quite compassionate.Other Anzaros, however, have come to believe that Makuta must have created and taught the Silver Hawk, because Makuta has been seen to actively bend nature where Mata Nui has not. These Anzaros also are prone to believe that Mata Nui is dead or has abandoned the Matoran, much as Brutaka once did. Makuta promised that he would eventually reveal to them the Silver Hawk in exchange for their service. Thus, these Anzaros have formed a loose organization known as the Darkcloud to serve Makuta. The name arises from a mysterious cave on their homeland which a stream of thunderclouds constantly streams forth, producing the storms that plague their land. This cave may once have been a lair of Makuta. These Anzaros are the darkest in terms of morals, and are known to actively oppose the other two factions, going so far as to attack them. They will still listen to Thykius, however, though they may not obey his commands. The Leader of this faction is currently unknown, (so I am taking applications to do it.)The third and final Anzaros tribe is known as the Black Inferno. They are the second darkest of the Anzaros tribes, but they are rather selfish-though they respect Mata Nui enough to serve him to a certain extent, they are still liars, thieves, murderers and the like. The name of their tribe also comes from their home as well, referring to a volcano where fire burns black and cold, leaving behind ice-like coals. The leader of this faction is the Toa of Plasma Vilor. This faction respects Thykius well enough to obey him-if they see it to their benefit.Note that each faction should have a Keeper of Legends and that posisition is open to players in Darkcloud and Black Inferno. The following information is told from the perspective of Thykius, Thunderflash Keeper of Legends, and First of the Anzaros:Long ago in Lands of Legends in the Time of the Time Before Time, existed a Matoran of Magnetism known as the Silver Hawk, once, he was but a simple locksmith and silversmith, but he began to master other arts, until he was the finest craftsman in Land of Legend after Artahka himself. He could make anything, and his part of the Land of Legend were full of craftsmen, who were also among the best of the best.These craftsmen were protected by a Toa of Magnetism, myself, Thykius. I was among the greatest of heros, and the power of the Great Lightstone ran in my blood, keeping me strong. I protected the villages of the craftsmen alone, having come after hearing of there need for a Toa, which had resulted in some of the craftsmen committing great atrocities to their own kind in an attempt to make heroes of their own.One day in a great battle I was wounded and fell ill. The only way to cure this illness was to change my body greatly and replace my damaged tissues.* The Silver Hawk saw fit to do this himself, and so I was changed from my Toa form into that of an Anzaros-the very first of our kind. Though I became an Anzaros, I had expected to die, and I had forseen the battle in which I was too be injured. I hid a Toa Stone for the Hawk to find, as I saw within him the potential to become a great hero. He found the stone shortly after my operation and accidentally triggered it with a device intended to test the properties of minerals. Thus he became a Toa as well. I trained him in the use of his powers and lead him to become a great warrior like myself, even beyond my retirement.The Hawk was indeed a great warrior. He even helped the Toa in wars alongside Cyclonis, legendary Toa of Air, and assembled under his wing a team of Toa Craftsmen like himself, the Akiru, whom he lead into battle against creations gone wrong-Cordakis, the famed “bringers of desolation.”After the Hawk lead these wars, the Hawksmith became disillusioned with the constant violence of the Land of Legends, and this grieved him and brought great pain to his heart. So began a personal quest that brought him great hope, though that is another legend in itself.While the Hawk was on this quest, in another part of the Land of Legends trouble brewed. Toa and many others gathered to wage war with those monsters who had wounded me and others they loved on their behalf, and in battle many became wounded themselves. It was Destiny that Hawk was close by, and many more Anzaros came to be during the days of those battles. They took the island where they had been wounded as their home, and I became their Keeper of Legend, so that we might not forget our past and that great anger at those who wounded us only brought more pain and sorrow.But more darkness and destruction came to the Land of Legend, when the one known as the Dark Lord came. He altered the land of the Anzaros, and twisted in many ways that ought not to be spoken of. I will mention only a few to spare the listener’s sanity. Mountains began to spew clouds of storm and darkness, and the sky of the island became that of a terrible dark and stormy night. Only Thunder ever lit the night, and Lightstones were few and far between. A mountain that held Great Fire grew cold and began to spew Great Cold instead. Even the ashes of that mountain were frozen, darker than the darkest of black ice. These are only some of the perversions that the Dark Lord released on the land, and the rest of the things he did to our tropical paradise will not be said, other than this:In the center of the land a Great Tree was planted, and this tree had fruit of power that held much energy. The tree was named Vuata Muaca, and so it became much sought after. The Anzaros wished to have the tree for themselves, and three factions emerged to battle for it.One faction became loyal to the Dark Lord himself, believing that he might show them the secrets of the tree, and they named themselves the Darkcloud after the storms spewed out by the mountains. They were the darkest of the tribes and more brutal than words could say.As the Darkcloud began the wars, another Toa came to the Land of Legend, Vilor, Toa Who Betrayed All Toa. His plasma was bright, but his heart bore great darkness and shadows. Within him was a volcano of rage, and it would destroy those who opposed him. He cared for none but himself and treated only those useful to him well. He tought a third of the Anzaros his ways of selfisheness. He became known as the Orange Vulture, a mockery of the Silver Hawk and one of his greatest enemies. They called themselves the Black Inferno for the Mount of Cold Lava. These Anzaros became just like Vilor, the brute who lead them in battle, selfish and uncaring.Finally, a small group of Anzaros clung to what little light there was, and named themselves the Thunderflash, since the power of Lightning was all that ever lit the night. I, Thykius, became their Keeper of Legends because they were the only tribe which I could call home. They were led by the power of Akami, Queen of the Waves, who was mighty with the power of the sea. Many who were not ‘strong’ enough to live in the other tribes, with their ‘mighty’ brutality, found refuge in us. In truth, this refuge brought them greater strength in Unity. Though we were not strong in number, our united forces though to better and care for one another, and so we were stronger than our foes.In our continual turmoil, there was but one path to peace, one being that all the Anzaros might listen too and obey- the Silver Hawk. The wars raged on and on, and many great battles ensued. The worst of them was about to ensue when something happened-The Great Tree glowed with Great Light and a voice spoke-‘Your battle is not meant to continue here. You must go elsewhere. The Anzaros will fight again, but must not finish the battle here.’ Then followed a great flash and power flowed out of the tree, and the Anzaros found themselves scattered. This is the last of our story that I remember, until I, Thykius, Akami, Queen of the Waves, and the noble soldier Dekai came to this land. Tell me-what Legends have transpired in the Land of Legends while I was gone?Anzaros base profile[Fill in and remove brackets](Parenthesis provide guidelines to follow.)[Name][Gender] Anzaros of [Element]Second Power: (Copy paste description here, and add any relevant tendancies, like details on magma canisters or skill level details, in a second paragraph here.)Weapons: (Anything normal goes, but spears and shields are recommended-one of their organized military tactics is a phalanx. Making the fullest use of four arms is encouraged.)Appearance: (Include color scheme, eye color, mask shape, and most importantly, clearly describe the positioning of your arms.)History: (Only go in-depth on pre-island history with review from Tabby: Toa of Cats, please.)Personality: (Anything goes)Weaknesses: (In addition to species weaknesses, list at least one individual weakness.)Feel free to add additional segments as needed.That should be most of the information you need to create an Anzaros. Feel free to ask me questions. I plan for the Black Inferno and Thunderflash to start finding their way to the battle in Pala-Koro. Some political tensions will emerge after the battle that will make things interesting. Note that both factions would probably fight for the ILF, because they are anti-Makuta, even if they are total opposites.Darkcloud can meet anywhere.Note, also that the Anzaros think (or soon will) that they have been transported forward in time to a future version of the Land of Legends.In the words of Thykius, "Let legends begin anew." (In other words, go make some Anzaros, and please PM if you do.)

TL;DRAlthough I read the first part, the giant citadel of text known as the backstory made me feel like I had homework.

I think I'll be the first to say that that species looks very interesting. I'll definitely consider introducing one of those, possibly even as a primary character.Question, though: would an Anzaros of, say, Fire have access to sub-powers such as heat resistance? Banning sub-powers (such as heat resistance/heat, or perhaps telekinesis or something for Psionics) could be an alternative to weakening the Elemental Power as a whole. It seems to me like making their control more crude (but of equal power) than that of a Toa would be a more interesting option, with the additional choice of choosing a sub-power instead of the full element (for example, an Anzaros of Heat or Telekinesis).

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

It's not that long guys. Tabby only wrote 3000 words of content in that post.It only takes about 8 minutes to finish reading it.
Yes, but that's 8 minutes I don't have.

Because I allow you to, out of my generous heart. :POut of curiousity, who's still at the Battle? It seems like things have slowed down there slightly...
Aexias is fighting Nova. Zunod's gone for a while, but he might return.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I think I'll be the first to say that that species looks very interesting. I'll definitely consider introducing one of those, possibly even as a primary character.Question, though: would an Anzaros of, say, Fire have access to sub-powers such as heat resistance? Banning sub-powers (such as heat resistance/heat, or perhaps telekinesis or something for Psionics) could be an alternative to weakening the Elemental Power as a whole. It seems to me like making their control more crude (but of equal power) than that of a Toa would be a more interesting option, with the additional choice of choosing a sub-power instead of the full element (for example, an Anzaros of Heat or Telekinesis).
I would personally say they have a lesser degree of heat resistance than normal. The reason something like what you propose doesn't work is that the Anzaros are already approved the way they are, and not all elements have subpowers.

That picture reminds me of when Kethrye charged an assassin while yelling out a cheap pun over a year ago. Those were the days sarcastic.gif

Edited by Bulik

So, I've been busy.Daedra, what have I missed?
...Nothing. Save that the pirates somehow have survived to escape. It's pyrrhic, though; all three are heavily injured, and I expect the other koros would've gotten wind of the brandeds' flight.As for the team itself: Wrath is currently unconscious from his BORADULEE-ing and being treated in a hospital. I'm not sure about anyone else. There just hasn't been much posting in general. Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

So, I've been busy.Daedra, what have I missed?
Very little. I've had a busy two weeks, and have been unable to post as Ketan for awhile. Right now, the Daedra are still recuperating from the fight with the pirates on the docks of Ga-Koro. The imprisoned pirates managed to escape, and Ta fought them; he is now in the hospital, which is where I believe Decaia is as well.I will be making a Ketan post in the next few days, to bring us all up to speed and move the plot forward.In other news, I am back after my hectic weekend. Ancora, Kaiapo will begin collecting you soon. I'll send you a PM when it's your turn.

I have an annoucement to make. I am introducing a custom species known as the Anzaros (approved by Nuju.) and a plot to go with them.
I'd be interested in both making a character with this species, enjoying the plot you're laying out, and maybe looking at submissions if you'd still need them.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |