• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#32881 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 05:17 PM

Trust me, that was crazy.Also, I think Toa Temporal learned today that you can't escape PC guards very easily. Hopefully he surrenders so that we don't have some annoying, huge fight.

Yeah...I think someone needs to explain to him a bit more about the RPG. We did a good job with KopakaMidak, so maybe this new guy can learn some more the easy way, instead of the hard way.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer~Drone 0350

Sunken Cities Profiles ~ Trapped in a Map Profiles ~ Voyage of the Requiem IV Profiles

#32882 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,120 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 05:25 PM

Tabby! I choose you!

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#32883 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,820 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well, Kal's toa can limit the damage, and it's like the entire Guard against one Bipolar toa. And I'm sorry, but he changes from good guy to bad guy every two seconds.

brokenmr.jpg

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock

#32884 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:07 PM

but Kakopa's got an ally: Fetix. What happens when he gets there?

1322709438521.jpg

#32885 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,820 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:18 PM

He doesn't. He can't know the fight is happening without metagaming.

brokenmr.jpg

#32886 Offline Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:20 PM

I'd also like to add that you can see through fire.

#32887 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:44 PM

Kakopa launched a humongous fireball into the sky and earlier, in the Po-Wahi topic, the two of them rp'd that if they get into trouble, to do just that. Fetix will come running along, no doubt about that.

1322709438521.jpg

#32888 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:47 PM

Regardless, there are enough guards there that they'll be outnumbered at least two to one.

#32889 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'd also like to add that you can see through fire.

Yeah. And I'm really annoyed that when I shot a stone and him and then:

The trown stone just incernated while it was trying to pas trough the circle

That doesn't happen. Try throwing a stone through a fire. It doesn't disintegrate. And it would only be in the fire for less than a second. That should be edited, it's just plain godmodding.

imx_327053664.png

Sunken Cities Profiles ~ Trapped in a Map Profiles ~ Voyage of the Requiem IV Profiles

#32890 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:50 PM

PM him, he doesn't read this topic, I don't think. PMing is the way to go in most situations anyways.Yes, I know I sound like a hypocrite, but I'm getting better. Get off me.

#32891 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:50 PM

His grammar and sentence structure just makes it worse...But on the other note...

IC-Corik:Corik continued to smile, as he waved a hand, forcing aside the flame that Kakopa had created, stepping through it with his axe held, and about ready to activate his Pakari.

You can do that??? (Control elements that are under the control of another person).

1322709438521.jpg

#32892 Offline Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:53 PM

I think so.

#32893 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:55 PM

You can't absorb them, or force aside an attack, but if it's something stationary like a wall of flame, I've seen people make an opening to walk throught it, like Corik did.Of course, Corik could likely also just walk through it real fast and suffer no ill effects anyways.EDIT: Message for Constructman: Good job, lad.

Edited by Kal Grochi, Nov 05 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#32894 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:56 PM

PM him, he doesn't read this topic, I don't think. PMing is the way to go in most situations anyways.Yes, I know I sound like a hypocrite, but I'm getting better. Get off me.

Good point, I'll do that.

imx_327053664.png

#32895 Offline LONG LIVE TYLER

LONG LIVE TYLER
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 10,961 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 07:07 PM

You can't absorb them, or force aside an attack, but if it's something stationary like a wall of flame, I've seen people make an opening to walk throught it, like Corik did.Of course, Corik could likely also just walk through it real fast and suffer no ill effects anyways.EDIT: Message for Constructman: Good job, lad.

Actually, pretty sure you can't. In Dor v. Brykon part one, Brykon created a huge iron cylindrical shield for himself that Dorian couldn't breach since, well, Brykon was controlling it.-Teezy

late nights and all night drives are reminders why i'm alive

NPC:

"...And that's why you always leave a note."

-Tyler

#32896 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,820 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 07:10 PM

Depends on the respective wills, I believe.

brokenmr.jpg

#32897 Offline DoctorCouch

DoctorCouch
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 614 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 07:15 PM

Maybe it just depends how much EE the creator is pumping into the creation.

Honk!

#32898 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 07:17 PM

Actually, pretty sure you can't. In Dor v. Brykon part one, Brykon created a huge iron cylindrical shield for himself that Dorian couldn't breach since, well, Brykon was controlling it.-Teezy

Hmm. And this is one of those RPG Theory things that isn't in the main rulebooks, last time I checked, and assuming my memory works.

#32899 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:02 PM

According to BS01:

Toa of Fire possess the Elemental Power of Fire, allowing them to create, control and absorb fire and heat

Toa of Iron have the Elemental Power of Iron, allowing them to create, control, and absorb any kind of metallic Protodermis

Toa of [X] possess the Elemental Power of [X], allowing them to create, control, and absorb [X]

Judging from this, there are no rules in actual canon about controlling or absorbing "someone else's" supply of an element. Obviously, the original creator can fight you for control, and since even fireballs have momentum, it'd be easier just to step out of the way unless you have Makuta-level willpower and can crush the creator's control in an instant. Also obviously, trying to absorb a fire is fruitless when the fire is being actively manipulated, but when it's just being sustained or fired...So basically, breaking someone else's element is a thing with the same power, but in most cases projectiles travel quickly enough that there's no point. The only real use of this is to break barriers, a la this "wall of fire" trick - and even that's shaky, as the original controller can just counter you and keep the barrier in place as long as they're actively focusing on the flame itself.

Edited by Meta-Mind, Nov 05 2012 - 08:02 PM.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#32900 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:08 PM

I do believe it has been said... somewhere... that Toa cannot control whatever another Toa of the same element is controlling at a given moment. If said Toa releases control, then the other Toa can go in and manipulate it. Plus, it's common courtesy to not mess with someone else's elemental conjuration. :)

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

2fcc27d298a1b54f5b34c45f0abc12bc.png

pls.

#32901 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 9,205 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:14 PM

I do believe it has been said... somewhere... that Toa cannot control whatever another Toa of the same element is controlling at a given moment. If said Toa releases control, then the other Toa can go in and manipulate it. Plus, it's common courtesy to not mess with someone else's elemental conjuration. :)

Emphasis mine. It was never said that it's against canon to control the conjured or manipulated element of another character, it's just downright cheap and wrong to do so. It's a matter of fairness and courtesy not to control what someone else is controlling.

|| @YOLO_Chojo ||

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

This is the story of Ambages, the little architect that could.

(he thinks he can he thinks he can he thinks he can)

#32902 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 2,678 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:18 PM

On the whole "controlling someone else's element" discussion:Exhibit 1:- A Toa of Water sends a wave of (you guessed it) water coming at you from a mile away.- The Toa walks away, leaving the wave to continue without his involvement.- You (another Toa of Water) take control of the wave, redirecting it before it strikes.Here, since the Toa who has created the element has relinquished control over it, it reverts to a "natural" (purely elemental) form, which can be controlled by any party.Exhibit 2:- Same scenario, but the Toa of Water retains control over the wave, directing its course towards you.- You attempt to control the wave.- The Toa of Water attempts to maintain control of the wave, resulting in a battle of wills over control of the water.Here, since the Toa who created the element retains control, making it harder for another party to influence it. Depending on the two beings' level of experience and concentration, the battle of wills can go either way, with one party breaking the other's control, or the battle coming to a stand-still.

#32903 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:19 PM

Emphasis mine. It was never said that it's against canon to control the conjured or manipulated element of another character, it's just downright cheap and wrong to do so. It's a matter of fairness and courtesy not to control what someone else is controlling.

Right. Hopefully next year Nuju will put that somewhere in the rules, although I wish people would know this already.

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

pls.

#32904 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yeah, just gonna add to what's been said above - obviously, if something is clearly an Awesome Phenomenon, then don't mess with it unless you're actually making it more so. I thought that was implied. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#32905 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:10 PM

Well, I believe the last page or so of N & D is enough interest to warrant pirate-y posting, eh?Time to make port.

#32906 Offline Tabby: Toa of Cats

Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,269 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:33 PM

Tabby! I choose you!

For what?EDIT:Constructman, waiting on a Skaaraa post in Le.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats, Nov 05 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#32907 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:34 PM

Training TemporaI I believe.

1322709438521.jpg

#32908 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 9,205 posts

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:22 PM

Nuju said I play the villain too well and wanted me to make a hero for next year. He has no idea what he asked for.A taste of what is to come in 2013.

|| @YOLO_Chojo ||

#32909 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,120 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:32 PM

We're doomed.

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

#32910 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:44 PM

We're doomed.

Nah bro, we're saved! :D I be wanting to meet him next year now.

BZPRPG- 2013

pls.

#32911 Offline Xenophilic Zeno

Xenophilic Zeno
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,915 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:45 PM

SobasicallyHuron Ba-Toa, HERO of JUSTICEGood. Deconstruction ahead.

Edited by Hero Creation Kit, Nov 05 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#32912 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,120 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:52 PM

Of course, EW Heroism may be rather different from our standards of heroism.

- D.J. Sagara

#32913 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:53 PM

Of course, EW Heroism may be rather different from our standards of heroism.

But it's still heroism nonetheless.

BZPRPG- 2013

pls.

#32914 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

• 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'm just happy to see another Toa of Gravity around. :3

#32915 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:58 PM

My standard of heroism is also different from yours.Namely that I have no problem with the hero killing the villain.

#32916 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 11:05 PM

My standard of heroism is also different from yours.Namely that I have no problem with the hero killing the villain.

That doesn't affect the standard of hero.It just so happens that most of your "heros" are often pricks. :P

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber, Nov 05 2012 - 11:21 PM.

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#32917 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 11:13 PM

It doesn't matter what the morals of the heroes are- they're all still heroes, whatever their differences.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal, Nov 05 2012 - 11:37 PM.

BZPRPG- 2013

pls.

#32918 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 11:13 PM

And yet I still don't see how. XDOh well.At least I'm not trying to pass the pirates off as heroes.

#32919 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 9,205 posts

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 11:15 PM

AP, I don't think your characters, heroes or not, can even kill another character anyway, villain or not. Lol.But that's beside the point. What matters is that Huron is a different kind of hero, the kind who does what is just and good in a world filled with very unsavoury elements. The fact that he won't kill is testament to his will as a true toa hero.

|| @YOLO_Chojo ||

#32920 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,120 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 11:17 PM

AP, I don't think your characters, heroes or not, can even kill another character anyway, villain or not. Lol.But that's beside the point. What matters is that Huron is a different kind of hero, the kind who does what is just and good in a world filled with very unsavoury elements. The fact that he won't kill is testament to his will as a true toa hero.

Yep, we're doomed.EW has Batman.

- D.J. Sagara

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users