Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Trust me, that was crazy.Also, I think Toa Temporal learned today that you can't escape PC guards very easily. Hopefully he surrenders so that we don't have some annoying, huge fight.
Yeah...I think someone needs to explain to him a bit more about the RPG. We did a good job with KopakaMidak, so maybe this new guy can learn some more the easy way, instead of the hard way.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I'd also like to add that you can see through fire.
Yeah. And I'm really annoyed that when I shot a stone and him and then:
The trown stone just incernated while it was trying to pas trough the circle
That doesn't happen. Try throwing a stone through a fire. It doesn't disintegrate. And it would only be in the fire for less than a second. That should be edited, it's just plain godmodding.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

His grammar and sentence structure just makes it worse...But on the other note...

IC-Corik:Corik continued to smile, as he waved a hand, forcing aside the flame that Kakopa had created, stepping through it with his axe held, and about ready to activate his Pakari.
You can do that??? (Control elements that are under the control of another person).

You can't absorb them, or force aside an attack, but if it's something stationary like a wall of flame, I've seen people make an opening to walk throught it, like Corik did.Of course, Corik could likely also just walk through it real fast and suffer no ill effects anyways.EDIT: Message for Constructman: Good job, lad.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

PM him, he doesn't read this topic, I don't think. PMing is the way to go in most situations anyways.Yes, I know I sound like a hypocrite, but I'm getting better. Get off me.
Good point, I'll do that.

You can't absorb them, or force aside an attack, but if it's something stationary like a wall of flame, I've seen people make an opening to walk throught it, like Corik did.Of course, Corik could likely also just walk through it real fast and suffer no ill effects anyways.EDIT: Message for Constructman: Good job, lad.
Actually, pretty sure you can't. In Dor v. Brykon part one, Brykon created a huge iron cylindrical shield for himself that Dorian couldn't breach since, well, Brykon was controlling it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Actually, pretty sure you can't. In Dor v. Brykon part one, Brykon created a huge iron cylindrical shield for himself that Dorian couldn't breach since, well, Brykon was controlling it.-Teezy
Hmm. And this is one of those RPG Theory things that isn't in the main rulebooks, last time I checked, and assuming my memory works.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

According to BS01:

Toa of Fire possess the Elemental Power of Fire, allowing them to create, control and absorb fire and heat
Toa of Iron have the Elemental Power of Iron, allowing them to create, control, and absorb any kind of metallic Protodermis
Toa of [X] possess the Elemental Power of [X], allowing them to create, control, and absorb [X]
Judging from this, there are no rules in actual canon about controlling or absorbing "someone else's" supply of an element. Obviously, the original creator can fight you for control, and since even fireballs have momentum, it'd be easier just to step out of the way unless you have Makuta-level willpower and can crush the creator's control in an instant. Also obviously, trying to absorb a fire is fruitless when the fire is being actively manipulated, but when it's just being sustained or fired...So basically, breaking someone else's element is a thing with the same power, but in most cases projectiles travel quickly enough that there's no point. The only real use of this is to break barriers, a la this "wall of fire" trick - and even that's shaky, as the original controller can just counter you and keep the barrier in place as long as they're actively focusing on the flame itself. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I do believe it has been said... somewhere... that Toa cannot control whatever another Toa of the same element is controlling at a given moment. If said Toa releases control, then the other Toa can go in and manipulate it. Plus, it's common courtesy to not mess with someone else's elemental conjuration. :)
Emphasis mine. It was never said that it's against canon to control the conjured or manipulated element of another character, it's just downright cheap and wrong to do so. It's a matter of fairness and courtesy not to control what someone else is controlling.

On the whole "controlling someone else's element" discussion:Exhibit 1:- A Toa of Water sends a wave of (you guessed it) water coming at you from a mile away.- The Toa walks away, leaving the wave to continue without his involvement.- You (another Toa of Water) take control of the wave, redirecting it before it strikes.Here, since the Toa who has created the element has relinquished control over it, it reverts to a "natural" (purely elemental) form, which can be controlled by any party.Exhibit 2:- Same scenario, but the Toa of Water retains control over the wave, directing its course towards you.- You attempt to control the wave.- The Toa of Water attempts to maintain control of the wave, resulting in a battle of wills over control of the water.Here, since the Toa who created the element retains control, making it harder for another party to influence it. Depending on the two beings' level of experience and concentration, the battle of wills can go either way, with one party breaking the other's control, or the battle coming to a stand-still.

[ BZPRPG ]

I do believe it has been said... somewhere... that Toa cannot control whatever another Toa of the same element is controlling at a given moment. If said Toa releases control, then the other Toa can go in and manipulate it. Plus, it's common courtesy to not mess with someone else's elemental conjuration. :)
Emphasis mine. It was never said that it's against canon to control the conjured or manipulated element of another character, it's just downright cheap and wrong to do so. It's a matter of fairness and courtesy not to control what someone else is controlling.
Right. Hopefully next year Nuju will put that somewhere in the rules, although I wish people would know this already.

Yeah, just gonna add to what's been said above - obviously, if something is clearly an Awesome Phenomenon, then don't mess with it unless you're actually making it more so. I thought that was implied. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

My standard of heroism is also different from yours.Namely that I have no problem with the hero killing the villain.
That doesn't affect the standard of hero.It just so happens that most of your "heros" are often pricks. :P Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

AP, I don't think your characters, heroes or not, can even kill another character anyway, villain or not. Lol.But that's beside the point. What matters is that Huron is a different kind of hero, the kind who does what is just and good in a world filled with very unsavoury elements. The fact that he won't kill is testament to his will as a true toa hero.

AP, I don't think your characters, heroes or not, can even kill another character anyway, villain or not. Lol.But that's beside the point. What matters is that Huron is a different kind of hero, the kind who does what is just and good in a world filled with very unsavoury elements. The fact that he won't kill is testament to his will as a true toa hero.
Yep, we're doomed.EW has Batman.