Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Hello, BZPRPGers, my name is Cool-Aid or Lone Gunmen. Not sure if many remember me besides those who were involved with the Daedra.Anyway, I'm interested in coming back to the RP and I've been lurking for a while. Anyone care to detail me on what is currently happening in the game?

character_37075_f.jpg

Hello, BZPRPGers, my name is Cool-Aid or Lone Gunmen. Not sure if many remember me besides those who were involved with the Daedra.Anyway, I'm interested in coming back to the RP and I've been lurking for a while. Anyone care to detail me on what is currently happening in the game?
Ah, Cool-Aid! So nice of you to join us again. :evilgrin: Three words, man: Fire and blood....Well, a lot has happened. The Followers of Makuta have attacked and basically destroyed Pala-Koro, the village of the Island Liberation Front. A group of plot-important Matoran called the Wanderer's Company are wandering about the island looking for things called Essence Stones that contain a bit of the life force of the Toa Mata. And the Daedra are masquerading as the so-called "Toa Arete" and have managed to gain the trust of the people of Ga-Koro. And a whole bunch of other stuff. :P

Hey Cool-Aid it's been a while! :D

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Cool-Aid? AWWWWW YEAH! ...Sorry about that, but I had to be "that guy who can't avoid the pun." Welcome back, even though I don't really know who exactly you are.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I've noticed around the RPG, and just on this page itself, we've seen a lot of people bypassing the filter.eg. "What the ****! You're just a *****."That is directly against the BZP's rules, and I don't think it's be been a problem until the past couple days where I can't go into a single topic without seeing it.I say this, for two reasons.I don't want this part of the forum closed down for it, or people in this group to get punished for it.
Isn't Doing " **** " almost exactly the same thing the word filter actually does? Bypassing it would leaving one letter still there - thus suggesting the word's true nature - ,etc., if I remember correctly.And also, shouldn't Genno's Ten-minute Parakura Powerup have expired by now?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

so i'm new here, and i was hoping somebody could explain this game to meand what's this about the oceanic six? i thought this was bionicle, not lost, and..Okay, writing like that is painful. Never doing that again.M-M, I'll get on it right away.
The Oceanic Six is a group of six matoran traveling around and collecting the essences of the Toa Mata. Why they're Oceanic, I don't know; I think it's a stupid name myself. They're also known as the Wanderer's company.
Sigh.For what may well be the hundredth time, the name "Oceanic Six" is a LOST reference that EW made once as a joke and caught on like wildfire before the Wanderer's Company had an official name. It's a fan name, and they never were, are not, and will never be the Oceanic Six in-game.Edit: whoa wait is cool-aid back brb brofisting the heck out of everything in sight-Tyler Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I've noticed around the RPG, and just on this page itself, we've seen a lot of people bypassing the filter.eg. "What the ****! You're just a *****."That is directly against the BZP's rules, and I don't think it's be been a problem until the past couple days where I can't go into a single topic without seeing it.I say this, for two reasons.I don't want this part of the forum closed down for it, or people in this group to get punished for it.
Isn't Doing " **** " almost exactly the same thing the word filter actually does? Bypassing it would leaving one letter still there - thus suggesting the word's true nature - ,etc., if I remember correctly.And also, shouldn't Genno's Ten-minute Parakura Powerup have expired by now?
I've seen times where B6 edits posts that were originally just ****'s.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Huh? Ten minutes have passed? It's impossible to keep track of time in. This rpg.
As it was explained (by someone smarter than me) at one point, everyone is (or may as well be) in their own timelines, the events occurring happening in the near past or future from your characters. The timelines intertwine when one character meets another, and seperate when they part ways.Does that make sense?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Oh.u back.Yay!About time, what Relapse says is generally correct. Of course, this would mean the game is a bunch of alternate universes, but all in all, its done this way for ease of playing.For example, the Pala-Koro fight.For one character during that duration, days might have passed.For another, who were in the fight, maybe around an hour or two in that fight at night.And for another, they could be doing something before the fight starts.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

No, Relapse, that makes no sense whatsoever. :PNo, to be honest, it doesn't. If an author states that a timeskip has occurred, then it has occurred - there's no need for all of these wild alternate timeline theories. Other authors may just happen to be writing a few minutes after you are.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

No, Relapse, that makes no sense whatsoever. :PNo, to be honest, it doesn't. If an author states that a timeskip has occurred, then it has occurred - there's no need for all of these wild alternate timeline theories. Other authors may just happen to be writing a few minutes after you are.
That's okay. I wasn't explaining it to you.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Mata-Nui, Relapse, I love you. You're snark is purr-fect. Edited by Riaril

You're absolutely right. You weren't explaining.

M-M, not only did I understand what he said but I agreed with his explanation. This isn't the place to discuss this unconstructive matter any further so take your negativity and trolling elsewhere.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

M-M, not only did I understand what he said but I agreed with his explanation. This isn't the place to discuss this unconstructive matter any further so take your negativity and trolling elsewhere.
That did come off as negative, didn't it?Ah, think I'm being misunderstood here. I don't agree with the explanation (or in it being an explanation per se, as it adds complexity rather than reduces it), even though it's fairly understandable. It just seems overly complicated to think about rather than taking it intuitively. The last part there was supposed to come off as joking back, though apparently its meaning was lost somewhere between my brain and my keyboard....And somehow I just realized that people are abbreviating my name to M-M all of a sudden. Yes, I haven't noticed that before. Edited by Meta-Mind

I thought it made perfect sense, but I'll try to explain it again, for your benefit, and for anyone else who may have been confused.BZPRPG-Time is a rule often invoked in the BZPRPG because there are very rarely any set standards for what time it is in in any given place. In Po-Koro, for example, two Skakdi could be fighting under the afternoon sun; while two Toa share a romantic dinner while enjoying the sunset; while three Matoran camp out under the stars. All of these things happened at different times, which is okay, but because they're all being posted at the same time, there needs to be an explanation.That explanation is BZPRPG-Time. Basically, it states that every character has their own timeline. Every timeline exists apart from everyone else's timeline, except for when the players choose to make them intersect. So two players can be describing totally different environments at the same time, but it's okay because their characters are in different timelines. When those two characters choose to interact, they briefly occupy the same timeline. When they separate, their timelines split again, allowing each player to describe different amounts of time passing since that meeting without screwing up the other person's character.Example: Toa A meets Toa B in a bar. After they separate, Toa A goes to bed, wakes up, and goes to the market to buy breakfast. At the same time the player of Toa A is posting this, however, the player of Toa B is posting the actions of Toa B in that bar, interacting with other people. Time moved at different rates for each character, thus they must have been in their own timelines.Does that make sense? Boiled down, it's basically a rule to keep OOC time from messing up IC time.Aaand I know this post seems a bit late, but I worked so long on this explanation that I have to post it. :P Hopefully it clears up whatever confusion M-M had.

It gets confusing when somebody posts about the noonday sun pounding down while talking to somebody who just said that they were looking at the stars.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1