Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Watch out JL; if he did that it might have consequences you wouldn't appreciate. :PBut on topic, How long are the FoM going to stay together?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Is anyone interested in interaction?
YOU KNOW I AM BOY!Ishi, Ga-koro, in a discussion with Kakaru's character... Kakaru (WOW)DJ, Pala-koro, interacting with AParangi and The PeerMita, in Po-koro drinking. I just have to write a post about her life's failures first. :P Edited by Riaril

First, I see what's meant by the whole "alternate timeline" deal... it's just that, to me, it seems simpler to allow authors to have their own timeskips and look at different parts of the same timeline, if you see what I mean here.On another note, uh, I guess I have a Toa of Plantlife standing in Pala-Koro, getting beaten by fighting a Toa of Lightning? Who are both really slow because the battle ended? Perhaps I should get around to making a "surrender and run" post posthaste, before someone gets any ideas. :<I also have a slightly eccentric De-Matoran doing nothing in Ko-Koro, if that's relevant. And another Toa I've been meaning on adding to the Profile Pages, come to think of it.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

A sudden thought occurs to me as I study psychology at school. (Meaning about a minute ago.)'Thoughts' in the brain are electrical impulses.And Toa of Lightning control electricity.They could literally control the shape and size of thoughts. They could even boost themselves, maybe doing things like sending false messages to their own brain that sends out adrenaline.:/Just that it needs mastering.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The only issue with that, is that knowledge would not be possible to have on Mata-Nui.That is a cool thought though.
What's fearful is that you don't need knowledge for things like this. It's about as knowledge-needing as creating positive/negative magnetic fields.But yeah, it's OP.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm just going to pop in with my 'two cents' here about the Toa-of-Lightning-mind-control-thing, which, essentially, boils down to 'NO.'Besides the fact that it's OP, there are a few factors which I believe make it highly unlikely, if not necessarily impossible.

• You'd need extensive knowledge of how the brain works, and of how thoughts are constructed of their electrical signals - something that, with 21st century scientific knowledge and tech, still don't properly understand.
  • These electric impulses go on at the cellular level, and are exceptionally weak. This means that you'd need a phenomenal amount of focus to be able to even sense them, let alone control them - and remember, these are things you can't even see.
  • A single thought is made up of so many complex interactions of impulses that you would have to split your concentration so many ways that it's highly unlikely anyone with anything but centuries of practice could achieve any form of thought-control.

That said, there are a few things you could do which bypass the above. Migraines and epilepsy, for example, are caused by an overload of signals in the brain. I suspect that would be a lot easier to create than a complex thought.On another note entirely:

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui Path)Being near the back, I witness the scene between the fool whose name I don't know, our ex-leader, the Toa she had tried to flirt with, and another being I don't know much about. They're arguing over Echelon.I hear the moron refer to him as an 'opportunist'. I alone know why Echelon is truly a part of this.He has no illusions about Makuta. He follows him because he wants power, and he believes that Makuta's is the path that will lead him to it. Does that make him less supportive of Makuta than the others? No. If anything, he's more invested in it than any of us.Speaking of being invested, I wonder where the Fe-Matoran is...I speed up slightly. If I reach Kini-Nui faster than the others, I can warn Echelon ahead of time.
THIS BOYKnows what he's talking about. Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

A sudden thought occurs to me as I study psychology at school. (Meaning about a minute ago.)'Thoughts' in the brain are electrical impulses.And Toa of Lightning control electricity.They could literally control the shape and size of thoughts. They could even boost themselves, maybe doing things like sending false messages to their own brain that sends out adrenaline.:/Just that it needs mastering.
First, that would require knowledge of science and neurology that we don't have in the twenty-first century. On an island without gunpowder.Second, those electrical impulses are extremely weak. It would take an incredibly skilled Toa of Lightning to even sense them, let alone control them.Third, due to the way our brains work, thoughts aren't single inpulses - they're complex chains of neuron firings. You would need literally millennia of practice to even counterfeit a simple thought.And lastly, we're not even sure Bionicle brains work the same way ours do. Remember that they're artifical and all.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...