• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#33841 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 07:51 PM

Okay, a few things to mention, take these as addressed to yourself if you feel the need. Otherwise, just listen to Relapse being Mr. Snark. (Oh, it's sooo good to not have to try and be that anymore.)First off: Gender and the player base-- The entire player base for this game is almost exclusively male. There are only two or three women I have ever seen play in this game. One of them has yet to play. So, do the math. Actually, my theory is the basic style of gameplay, mainly one giant battle after another, does not suit most women's preferences. Call me sexist, but I'm looking at this from the standpoint of American culture indoctrination. Girls are not given Bionicle very often when the Barbies are just on the other side of the aisle waiting to be thrown into the shopping cart by some parent attempting to brainwash their child into being a "princess" like they were. Because the massive amount of senseless (yes I will use that word here), fighting in this game, perhaps a large percentage of those women who DO enjoy Bionicle from a sci-fi stand point are turned away. Or that fact that so many female roles I've seen are demeaned in some way. This may also be a reason why I play so many female characters... Huh.

I definitely agree with this one, it makes quite a lot of sense to me. Admittedly I'm a guy, but still......And I just realized that of my three current characters (possibly four), one is a female character. Which is interesting, because the "normal" male-female ratio in Bionicle is like 5/1, if even that high.

Second: Planning for characters--- I feel the need to mention here, that I don't exactly agree with the idea of just letting your characters run about without a plan. I think of a plan for my characters as more of a "Destiny" if you will. They will EVENTUALLY get there, if they don't die trying, so I don't worry about the inbetween stuff and focus more on developing their personalities with interaction from others. The last time I seriously planned something out, for Kriigata no less, I ended up spending a good hour crying when Nuju stated, quite plainly I assure you; "No." Creating the fixation of needing a character to be something perfect only leads to the eventual downfall and misery of realizing that's what writing an epic is for, not playing a game with other people.

I'm... well, this is the way I write most of my characters, to be honest. I plan some character development points for later down the road, then sit back and let the character take themselves where they will. ...That sounds schitzo, doesn't it? However, this doesn't mean that some characters can't have more long-term planning than this, as long as it's adaptable. I'm not very experienced with this RP, but I've long since learned that making long-term plans in almost any RP will almost inevitably result in them being crushed. Admittedly, I've never had a character (permanently) die, but...

Third: Well Karz, I forgot what i was gonna address next. *shrug*EDIT:THANK YOU TYLER. I was about to talk about, gasp, TillianxSkyra. I totally say "yes" to this, and actually even my concept for Bionicle anatomy... Well, let's just say they're fully compatible.

Well, uh.I just assumed that they were mostly androids with organic muscles and the like, with some being more organic than others to account for all these "sweating" references.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#33842 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 07:51 PM

On topic: the concert has started.

#33843 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,199 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 07:58 PM

A first look underground.

dordorandgrokkie.jpg

#33844 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 639 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:00 PM

Otherwise known as 'Echelon gets beaten up.'

Doctorcouch is back again [X]

Doctorcouch is gone again [  ]

#33845 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,069 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:01 PM

I love this game.

#33846 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:01 PM

Why did you guys make me miss the show? :(Though I could just spawn a new character there.

#33847 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:04 PM

Guys, more evidence on the "Heuani is Mata" theory. He poked out a manas eye. Either that was a sparring match and makuta wanted to weaken his defense, or Heuani was a toa mata and kicked some @#$%.Either way, Echelon is having a bad day.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#33848 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:06 PM

Well if you had let Ira stay... http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/mad.gif

#33849 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:07 PM

What?

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#33850 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:08 PM

He would either rally the forces to rescue their "fearless" leader or he would have made Echelon barbaque.

#33851 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,069 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:08 PM

You wouldn't have been able to do anything.Nobody can do anything now.What happens to Echelon now is up to Heuani.

#33852 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 639 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:09 PM

If Ira was there, he would probably jump after Echelon into the pit.

EDIT: And then die. Better not forget the dying part.

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227, Nov 19 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Doctorcouch is back again [X]

Doctorcouch is gone again [  ]

#33853 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:10 PM

You wouldn't have been able to do anything.Nobody can do anything now.What happens to Echelon now is up to Heuani.

If you have a strained relationship with Makuta, you're gonna have a bad time.

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

2fcc27d298a1b54f5b34c45f0abc12bc.png

pls.

#33854 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:14 PM

He would either rally the forces to rescue their "fearless" leader or he would have made Echelon barbaque.

Hahahahahha-No.I thought you had learned something from your previous smiting.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#33855 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,069 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:16 PM

Yes, because entering the temple of Big Bad with Bigger Bad inside in order to save the guy Big Bad wants dead through closed floors, which I am assuming has attempted to be broken into, with Manas inside is a really good idea.Also, you don't just "rally" the troops for a number of reasons. Especially it not making sense. Also, I doubt Echelon is going to be down there long if he survives.

Edited by We Are Legion, Nov 19 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#33856 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

Princess Anna of Arendelle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:26 PM

You know it's kind of ironic how you guys keep joking about Skyra's gender cause.....this:3

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

d8jd4ms7xgv9wdefg.jpg?size_id=5

#33857 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:28 PM

Guys, more evidence on the "Heuani is Mata" theory. He poked out a manas eye. Either that was a sparring match and makuta wanted to weaken his defense, or Heuani was a toa mata and kicked some @#$%.Either way, Echelon is having a bad day.

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who thought of this? Interesting. Well, presuming I'm allowed to share, here's what I actually thought of the current Makuta Servants:Heuani is either original entirely or Tahu, in all likelihood. Tahu was essentially the signature (not to mention leader of the) Toa Mata, so if Heuani is indeed a light-drained Toa Mata, then it would almost have to be Tahu.Vidar... well, I've been thinking that Vidar could potentially be Lewa, due to the signature Levitation/Air combo. But that's not much evidence to go on, so I'm assuming that he was original and moving on.Can't remember the third Makuta Follower...

You know it's kind of ironic how you guys keep joking about Skyra's gender cause.....this:3

...O:

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#33858 Online The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,431 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:30 PM

wow man that was so unexpectednot like you didn't tell me over skype or anything

#33859 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:33 PM

WHY SNELLY? WHY?!

WHY SNELLY? WHY?!

#33860 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,287 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:35 PM

<333333-Tyler

PROUD CO-CAPTAIN OF TEAM DASTANA

"What's ours is theirs - but it is ours."

LIBERATION OR DEATH

#33861 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:38 PM

WHY SNELLY? WHY?!

Because I wanted to, I've been planning this for a couple days now. :3 It's also great character development.

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

#33862 Offline Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,999 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:42 PM

I was previously pondering how, exactly, a body is maintained without modern life support for a few months in such a state that it can still be readily used. But I suppose it doesn't matter.This is too derptastic for me to care.

#33863 Offline JL Zehvor

JL Zehvor
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,675 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:42 PM

y exactly did he have to change bodies?

4774_zps6685bdf2.jpg

(╯◕_◕)╯fite me in halo ill rekt u

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#33864 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:45 PM

I was previously pondering how, exactly, a body is maintained without modern life support for a few months in such a state that it can still be readily used. But I suppose it doesn't matter.This is too derptastic for me to care.

biomechanical bodies would last a lot longer wouldn't they?

y exactly did he have to change bodies?

You probably should read the previous posts.

Edited by Snelly Bieber, Nov 19 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#33865 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:47 PM

To sum it up, he got pushed into an underground river by The Shadow, somehow fatally injured his stomach, and somehow washed up to the surface into Naho Bay.

#33866 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:48 PM

>comes out of corner he's been hiding in to avoid arguments for the past day>sees Skyra post>turns around>goes right back in

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#33867 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:51 PM

Welp, time to figure out how to get out of here when the world asplodes. XP

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

2fcc27d298a1b54f5b34c45f0abc12bc.png

pls.

#33868 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ahhh don't run away guys. The world is safe. Everything is finnnneeeeee. I'm a perfectly sane person. Really. I was getting a little bored with Skyra so I thought I'd make things more interesting.

Edited by Snelly Bieber, Nov 19 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#33869 Offline JL Zehvor

JL Zehvor
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,675 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:59 PM

Wasn't Snelly travelling with Merror?

4774_zps6685bdf2.jpg

(╯◕_◕)╯fite me in halo ill rekt u

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#33870 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:00 PM

...I'm not even sure how to react...Well, now I truly know the world is coming to an end.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#33871 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:01 PM

Wasn't Snelly travelling with Merror?

I think you mean Skyra. And yes.

#33872 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:09 PM

Can somebody dig me a link to the original Parakuka post?

Edited by Bulik, Nov 19 2012 - 09:26 PM.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#33873 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,574 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:34 PM

yepim outbye

01T3YDF.jpg

#33874 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:48 PM

Can somebody dig me a link to the original Parakuka post?

Sure.

BZPRPG Profiles

#33875 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hmm... It appears Nuju has been reading Le-Wahi for an extended period of time, right when a major Staff-arranged concert is happening...*DING*STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED.*Prepares for Inbound Nuclear ordinance*

Edited by Bulik, Nov 19 2012 - 10:21 PM.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#33876 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:23 PM

Or maybe Nuju just wants to read Emzee's concert. Y'know, he isn't always trying to destroy things. :P Maybe he's just innocently reading the topic with the most action...

#33877 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:24 PM

Nuju's job is to make sure we're not up to any trouble, remember? ;)But still, Yellow Alert! Be on the look out for oncoming meteors!

Edited by Javert, Nov 19 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#33878 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,199 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:34 PM

Or maybe Nuju was Skyping with somebody and Le-Wahi happened to be the page he had open when he got called...?

dordorandgrokkie.jpg

#33879 Online The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,431 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:35 PM

whatyou were on skype and you didn't say hihow dare you

#33880 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 6,742 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:37 PM

You all should take a deep breath. Relax. :lol: Nuju's not all business all the time and neither am I. Anyway, I saw some more speculation on the Staff characters -- I pretty much agree with most of the Heuani ones, but you never know. I'm the process of explaining Vidar's past now, during this Epic Rundown.Any speculations on Ronkshou?

Edited by Emzee, Nov 19 2012 - 10:37 PM.

FCG Devlog Entry #7: Project Update

plb_banner_teaser.jpg

BZPRPG: News | General Discussion | My Profiles

Wokapu | Ra'lhen | Wokodin | Wokiya Catarix

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users