Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Okay, a few things to mention, take these as addressed to yourself if you feel the need. Otherwise, just listen to Relapse being Mr. Snark. (Oh, it's sooo good to not have to try and be that anymore.)First off: Gender and the player base-- The entire player base for this game is almost exclusively male. There are only two or three women I have ever seen play in this game. One of them has yet to play. So, do the math. Actually, my theory is the basic style of gameplay, mainly one giant battle after another, does not suit most women's preferences. Call me sexist, but I'm looking at this from the standpoint of American culture indoctrination. Girls are not given Bionicle very often when the Barbies are just on the other side of the aisle waiting to be thrown into the shopping cart by some parent attempting to brainwash their child into being a "princess" like they were. Because the massive amount of senseless (yes I will use that word here), fighting in this game, perhaps a large percentage of those women who DO enjoy Bionicle from a sci-fi stand point are turned away. Or that fact that so many female roles I've seen are demeaned in some way. This may also be a reason why I play so many female characters... Huh.
I definitely agree with this one, it makes quite a lot of sense to me. Admittedly I'm a guy, but still......And I just realized that of my three current characters (possibly four), one is a female character. Which is interesting, because the "normal" male-female ratio in Bionicle is like 5/1, if even that high.
Second: Planning for characters--- I feel the need to mention here, that I don't exactly agree with the idea of just letting your characters run about without a plan. I think of a plan for my characters as more of a "Destiny" if you will. They will EVENTUALLY get there, if they don't die trying, so I don't worry about the inbetween stuff and focus more on developing their personalities with interaction from others. The last time I seriously planned something out, for Kriigata no less, I ended up spending a good hour crying when Nuju stated, quite plainly I assure you; "No." Creating the fixation of needing a character to be something perfect only leads to the eventual downfall and misery of realizing that's what writing an epic is for, not playing a game with other people.
I'm... well, this is the way I write most of my characters, to be honest. I plan some character development points for later down the road, then sit back and let the character take themselves where they will. ...That sounds schitzo, doesn't it? However, this doesn't mean that some characters can't have more long-term planning than this, as long as it's adaptable. I'm not very experienced with this RP, but I've long since learned that making long-term plans in almost any RP will almost inevitably result in them being crushed. Admittedly, I've never had a character (permanently) die, but...
Third: Well Karz, I forgot what i was gonna address next. *shrug*EDIT:THANK YOU TYLER. I was about to talk about, gasp, TillianxSkyra. I totally say "yes" to this, and actually even my concept for Bionicle anatomy... Well, let's just say they're fully compatible.
Well, uh.I just assumed that they were mostly androids with organic muscles and the like, with some being more organic than others to account for all these "sweating" references.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Guys, more evidence on the "Heuani is Mata" theory. He poked out a manas eye. Either that was a sparring match and makuta wanted to weaken his defense, or Heuani was a toa mata and kicked some @#$%.Either way, Echelon is having a bad day.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

He would either rally the forces to rescue their "fearless" leader or he would have made Echelon barbaque.
Hahahahahha-No.I thought you had learned something from your previous smiting.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yes, because entering the temple of Big Bad with Bigger Bad inside in order to save the guy Big Bad wants dead through closed floors, which I am assuming has attempted to be broken into, with Manas inside is a really good idea.Also, you don't just "rally" the troops for a number of reasons. Especially it not making sense. Also, I doubt Echelon is going to be down there long if he survives.

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Guys, more evidence on the "Heuani is Mata" theory. He poked out a manas eye. Either that was a sparring match and makuta wanted to weaken his defense, or Heuani was a toa mata and kicked some @#$%.Either way, Echelon is having a bad day.
Oh, so I wasn't the only one who thought of this? Interesting. Well, presuming I'm allowed to share, here's what I actually thought of the current Makuta Servants:Heuani is either original entirely or Tahu, in all likelihood. Tahu was essentially the signature (not to mention leader of the) Toa Mata, so if Heuani is indeed a light-drained Toa Mata, then it would almost have to be Tahu.Vidar... well, I've been thinking that Vidar could potentially be Lewa, due to the signature Levitation/Air combo. But that's not much evidence to go on, so I'm assuming that he was original and moving on.Can't remember the third Makuta Follower...
You know it's kind of ironic how you guys keep joking about Skyra's gender cause.....this:3
...O:

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I was previously pondering how, exactly, a body is maintained without modern life support for a few months in such a state that it can still be readily used. But I suppose it doesn't matter.This is too derptastic for me to care.
biomechanical bodies would last a lot longer wouldn't they?
y exactly did he have to change bodies?
You probably should read the previous posts. Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ahhh don't run away guys. The world is safe. Everything is finnnneeeeee. I'm a perfectly sane person. Really. I was getting a little bored with Skyra so I thought I'd make things more interesting.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Can somebody dig me a link to the original Parakuka post?
Sure.

Hmm... It appears Nuju has been reading Le-Wahi for an extended period of time, right when a major Staff-arranged concert is happening...*DING*STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED.*Prepares for Inbound Nuclear ordinance*

Edited by Bulik

You all should take a deep breath. Relax. :lol: Nuju's not all business all the time and neither am I. Anyway, I saw some more speculation on the Staff characters -- I pretty much agree with most of the Heuani ones, but you never know. I'm the process of explaining Vidar's past now, during this Epic Rundown.Any speculations on Ronkshou?

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]