Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Thanks! I'll get to that in the morning. I need rest after writing all that. XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Well, I've filled out and posted the bio for my first BZPRPG character, Voutok S'Tythe (whodathunkit, right? *shot*). While I'm aware that by the rules I am allowed to go ahead and jump into the RP, I think I'll just wait for some feedback, just to make sure I did it right in an acceptable manner, if that's alright. Don't want to accidentally screw something up, after all.

Looks great. ;) All the information required is there, and looks like you've put a lot of though into who you're character is. The only real problem I can see is the references to Daxia, which might or might not exist as far as we know (But them, he could just be crazy, or the "Daxia" referred to could be something else entirely on the odd change that Daxia and the OoMN doesnt turn out to exist in the BZPRPG universe.).

So yeah, basically ^^that.

Oh yeah. Derp. Let me fix that right now and all will be well lol ...Where did I get the "Se" from...

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

He be from the US? Dang timezones.

So, since you're also a newbie, I'm opening an invitation: If you want, create a Matoran and have him go to Ga-Wahi. I created a team of Matoran characters, and just about everyone in it considers themselves newbie to this game.

Also, guys.

Christmas is just about here. Any....special RPG events?

EDIT: WAT HE HAZ AN OLMAK WAAAT WAAAT WATTTTTT?????

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Not really. The Kakama speeds up the user. Thoughts, body movement, all is sped up.

Although, if you think about it, the Kakama kind of renders the Calix useless. It just doesn't have the 'fate bending, chance increasing' part of the Calix.

But, hey! It's Joske we're talking about. He hurled meteors and stuff. AND the only matoran to turn into Toa, in-game.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I would disagree. That was a brilliant move on Tuck's part. Which, we all expected. :P

Why thank you! ^^

Please understand Snipe, I'm giving you no quarter because I KNOW what Utu is, and if I give him but half a chance I might as well stick Joske in the freezer and label him "Do Not Thaw 'Till July".

And well, Joske's reasoning is: he's bigger. Got stuff I don't understand. And first real fight with LIVES at stake. He's not taking any chances.

Take this as a compliment: when I don't screw around, that means I respect my opponent.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Thanks. :3It's comforting to know what you think of Utu before you beat him to a pulp. Or until he beats Joske into a pulp. We'll see. :PIt's not that I don't know how tricky and dangerous this is going to be, but I'm not yet ruling out being unable to cause some damage. ;)Side-note: Utu has a Miru now, his old one got smashed. I need to update his profile anyways.

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Utu can't actually use his Miru. As a trade-off for letting the Mark of Fear get approved by staff last year, I had to replace it with another power.

Mark Bearers cannot use mask powers, they become inaccessible. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch the fight. ;)

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

[quote name=JL v2" post="468791" time="1354515163]He be from the US? Dang timezones. So, since you're also a newbie, I'm opening an invitation: If you want, create a Matoran and have him go to Ga-Wahi. I created a team of Matoran characters, and just about everyone in it considers themselves newbie to this game.

-------------------------- Yup, U.S. resident. Timezones suck, don't they? I deal with it all the time on another forum lol Anywho, considering right now Voutok is basically in the middle of Po-Wahi with no food or water in at least six hours on top of everything else involved in that, it may be awhile before he can get in the direction of Ga-Wahi. Plus he doesn't know about a team of matoran in Ga-Wahi at the moment, as that would be metagaming if he did =3 Edited by Voutok S'Tythe

"Wrong."

Or Uharaz to teleport in and go 'pew pew' and kill people with his finger gun.

...That would be hilariously amazing. But in this universe, Uharaz would have to kill Teridax to gain political power... looks like the WC would have some competition!Ah, anyways. Welcome, Voutok! It's always nice to have more decent writers around here. You call that a long profile? I COULD BEAT IT IN MY - uh, nevermind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Thanks. :3It's comforting to know what you think of Utu before you beat him to a pulp. Or until he beats Joske into a pulp. We'll see. :PIt's not that I don't know how tricky and dangerous this is going to be, but I'm not yet ruling out being unable to cause some damage. ;)Side-note: Utu has a Miru now, his old one got smashed. I need to update his profile anyways.

Ah, sorry. I'll edit my previous post. Lesson of the day: If you players change your character, EDIT YOUR PROFILE. Because otherwise people like me who actually use the information in them legitimately in fights will end up being incorrect. Ironically he hew is now too :P

Dude, I had to approve the guy. I know what he's capable of. As for damage, don't worry... I'll let Utu smack Joske several times across the face. It'll be fun.

:D

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Well, I've filled out and posted the bio for my first BZPRPG character, Voutok S'Tythe (whodathunkit, right? *shot*). While I'm aware that by the rules I am allowed to go ahead and jump into the RP, I think I'll just wait for some feedback, just to make sure I did it right in an acceptable manner, if that's alright. Don't want to accidentally screw something up, after all.

Looks great. ;) All the information required is there, and looks like you've put a lot of though into who you're character is. The only real problem I can see is the references to Daxia, which might or might not exist as far as we know (But them, he could just be crazy, or the "Daxia" referred to could be something else entirely on the odd change that Daxia and the OoMN doesnt turn out to exist in the BZPRPG universe.). So yeah, basically ^^that.
--------------------------------------------Not sure how I didn't see this comment, especially since I was practically WAITING for someone to mention the Daxia bit (lol). Well, better late than never. Anyways, the way I see it: just because prior to, say, Christopher Columbus "discovering" America, no one in England etc knew the continent existed, doesn't mean the continent didn't exist previously. Just because the BZRPG takes place in an alternate dimension wherein the Toa Mata failed their first quest (and as a result guaranteed that the inhabitants of Mata Nui would never have a reason to go to Metru Nui which sets off pretty much the rest of the canon story) doesn't mean that Daxia, Destral, Xia, Voya Nui, and all those other places don't exist. After all, the Vortixx (natives of Xia) are an allowed race for the RP, correct? =3Of course, the real reason for the Daxia reference is much different and doesn't necessarily hinge upon its existence in the BZRPG's dimension at all, but at the moment you can make the case that he's just going mad for simplicity's sake until I get a logical RP chance to reveal it (which will possibly take months of RPing, so it's nothing to be concerned with it at the moment XD). Edited by Voutok S'Tythe

"Wrong."

--------------------------------------------Not sure how I didn't see this comment, especially since I was practically WAITING for someone to mention the Daxia bit (lol). Well, better late than never. Anyways, the way I see it: just because prior to, say, Christopher Columbus "discovering" America, no one in England etc knew the continent existed, doesn't mean the continent didn't exist previously. Just because the BZRPG takes place in an alternate dimension wherein the Toa Mata failed their first quest (and as a result guaranteed that the inhabitants of Mata Nui would never have a reason to go to Metru Nui which sets off pretty much the rest of the canon story) doesn't mean that Daxia, Destral, Xia, Voya Nui, and all those other places don't exist. After all, the Vortixx (natives of Xia) are an allowed race for the RP, correct? =3Of course, the real reason for the Daxia reference is much different and doesn't necessarily hinge upon its existence in the BZRPG's dimension at all, but at the moment you can make the case that he's just going mad for simplicity's sake until I get a logical RP chance to reveal it (which will possibly take months of RPing, so it's nothing to be concerned with it at the moment XD).

Yeah, it doesn't work like that :P

Because, for all we know, all those locations may not exist in this universe. It's not just that the characters don't know if they exist - we, as players, don't know whether they exist! Mata Nui may just be the name of an island and a god; there may not be a 'Great Spirit Robot', and Mata Nui might just be a normal island, alone in the ocean.

Basically, just because something could exist, doesn't mean it does. I get what you're saying about 'going mad', but all the same, don't make the mistake of assuming you know what the staff have planned ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Which is also a valid point that I forsaw. I'm just stating the logical way I saw it. Even still, to quote the post of mine you quoted:"Of course, the real reason for the Daxia reference is much different and doesn't necessarily hinge upon its existence in the BZRPG's dimension at all, but at the moment you can make the case that he's just going mad for simplicity's sake until I get a logical RP chance to reveal it (which will possibly take months of RPing, so it's nothing to be concerned with it at the moment XD)."So yeah, even if the rest of the Matoran Universe doesn't exist in the BZPRPG's dimension, it doesn't matter for the purpose of it in the bio.EDIT: And, of course, the reason has no real impact on whatever the BZPRPG's story is outside of Voutok himself.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe

"Wrong."

In that case, all is well lol

"Wrong."

Gotcha, and I'm glad people are paying attention to that.EDIT: @Mef too *shot*

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe

"Wrong."

Guys, let's just pretend the battle going on in Pala-Koro isn't going on. Really, it's a waste of all of our time and the whole confusion about who is actually involved in it hasn't helped matters. Since Tabby's characters show no sigh of giving up even considering they're outnumber 10-1, and the only ones that can stop them our his own chars, it's best if we just leave him be and focus on more important matters.

That is, getting Pala-Koro rebuilt, returning the Turaga to their villages and working out a way to give the Followers of Makuta what they so richly deserve. :evilgrin:

Don't mind me, just laying passed out about half a mile from Po-Koro while all this admittedly much more importent-sounding stuff is going on until someone who's RPing there somehow manages to notice. *shot*

"Wrong."