Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Under normal circumstances, I'd do that too...but...well...*reads how they're 10k+ pages on all threads*...yeah lol

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

so.. who's the noob writing multi-paragraph posts in Po-wahi? I have yet to make an introduction....

That would probably be me. Though I dislike the label of "n00b" as on the forum I come from, it has a very negative context. Newbie's not as bad and I'd much rather prefer that label over "n00b", if at all.Anywho, I feel like I should have joined sooner, what with all these important plot events going on that I don't know the context of and therefore can't get the context XD

OH MY GOSH

SOMEBODY OTHER THAN ME WHO KNOWS the difference of NOOB and Newb.

*DING DING*

Also, uh, this might be off topic, (It is) but I found an Old Spice online game to save the world from 21/12/12.

And, we have iStone's in this game. Why not some Old Spice equivalent? Even though I don't know what Old SPice is.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

...iStones? And then we say "no foreign tech?"

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

iStones are a running joke.

In actuality, they're Onu-Koroan mining datapads, tech (we suspect) left over from Metru Nui.

There was a discussion about them once, and Tyler made the joke of calling them iStones, made by Bula. It's caught on, and they are now referred to almost universally by that name.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Like, an award thing. Have it created, and nominate someone, or achieve it. Maybe something like 'Achievement Unlocked: Hubert. Read through everything'

or

'Achievement Unlocked: A plot well overseen. Blow up something with the help of many characters and planning.'

or

'Achievement Unlocked: Meteor smashed. Survive one of Joske's attacks'

I nearly made one about Kalama, but that would be insulting.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Like, an award thing. Have it created, and nominate someone, or achieve it. Maybe something like 'Achievement Unlocked: Hubert. Read through everything'

I don't know; it's an interesting idea, but all it's going to do is turn some players into achievement-unlocking machines, forgoing any semblance of plot or character and simply RPing their way to collecting the most achievements, which is not a particularly appealing notion.

Let's leave the things the way they are, with good roleplaying being its own reward.

What I think of when hearing 'achievements' are PC (or console) games.

What I think of when I hear 'Text-based RPG' is collaborative storytelling.

There's a slight discrepancy there, if you ask me. I agree with Eeyru, it might lead to some over-ambitious achievement-unlocking without a real storytelling purpose. Where's the character development? The interaction? Even if there are team achievements, it's more of a competitive situation.

So yeah, not overly sure about this.

Edited by Taka Nuvia ~ Demon Jester

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

And to end this discussion, I don't see how either myself OR Nuju could integrate such a system into this game without fundamentally alternating the basic principles on which it is run. Not only is it a bad idea, but would be amazingly difficult to implement.

Sorry.

*throws this discussion into the wastebasket.*

Moving on...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Hey guys, Ghosty here. Just wanted to let you all know that, despite the incredible number of awesome posts that have been made in the last 24 hours <clap clap clap>, I won't be making any posts myself tonight, and I may not be able to for the next couple of days.

The reason for this, in case you're wondering, is that I'll be in Cambridge for the next two days, being interviewed to study at the University of the same name. As I'm sure you can guess, that means they may be the two most important days of my life so far...

I don't know whether I'll have an internet connection, or, indeed, the energy to post (I'll most likely need to devote all my concentration to the task at hand), so if you don't hear from me for while, you know why. I apologise to the Daedra players in particular, because we're just getting to the fun part of this possibly historic meeting, but you'll just have to keep your Sinners on hold ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hey, you know what you guys should do?Follow Khalrak. He's an interesting character, especially considering his 'Joker evil' alignment.

He's in Ga-Wahi, last few pages. Look at Dov and Otter's posts, too, they're interesting enough, and go along with the plot.

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Hey, you know what you guys should do?Follow Khalrak. He's an interesting character, especially considering his 'Joker evil' alignment.

He's in Ga-Wahi, last few pages. Look at Dov and Otter's posts, too, they're interesting enough, and go along with the plot.

- Vorex

Five widgets that he's related to your other characters~

- Vorex

Hahahano.

First, Khalrak's a Vortixx. He couldn't be related.

Second, he's completely unconnected to my other characters. This guy is on his own.

- Vorex

Edited by Just Another Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Hey, you know what you guys should do?Follow Khalrak. He's an interesting character, especially considering his 'Joker evil' alignment.He's in Ga-Wahi, last few pages. Look at Dov and Otter's posts, too, they're interesting enough, and go along with the plot. - Vorex

Hahahano.First, Khalrak's a Vortixx. He couldn't be related. - Vorex
For all we know, he could be an in-law :P

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yes.

Because of the four you listed there, three are directly linked to the mess that is all your interrelated characters. And the other one I know nothing about. :P

Actually, they're all collected to the League plot. The mess of interrelated characters is different. (except Traxia. She just got forgotten)

But, speaking of the League plot...

League of Shades Plot Update: The Engineer

- Vorex

Edited by Just Another Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Yes.

Because of the four you listed there, three are directly linked to the mess that is all your interrelated characters. And the other one I know nothing about. :P

Actually, they're all connected to the League plot. The mess of interrelated characters is different. (except Traxia. She just got forgotten)

But, speaking of the League plot...

League of Shades Plot Update: The Engineer

- Vorex

re·lat·ed/riˈlātid/
Synonyms: connected - kindred - akin - allied - relative - affined
So yeah, pretty sure they are related.

Ladies and gentlemen.

I present to you what I consider to be one of my greatest pieces of writing ever. It is the culmination of Oreius's journey from stubborn Guard to destined hero; from cynic to mystic, if you will; the climax of his current character arc.

It also details with the aftermath of the avalanche that separated the Wanderer's Company.

Without further ado,

Wanderer.

*applause*

Once again I am reminded why the WC are my favorite people to read. Very well done. Go check this out, y'all.

test2.png

Wow, that was really impressive! I loved how Destiny came into play like that.

What, with the WC? False- it's a magical something called plot-armor. :P The WC can't die until after the plot is over, as they are, in Skyrim terms, "Essential Characters". That is, unless Nuju pulls an Aurax and decides to kill another one of the WC off. I doubt it, though.

An interactive battle.If you're in the area and would like to try to defend Po-Koro's military, I'd love to write against you. Remember: no autohitting the ship. I will count all strikes fairly. :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Uh, KNI, Nuju did approve the left cannon being a Cordak array. At least, he did when I sent it to him.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I'll PM you.

I only posted it in GD because your PM box is full. :P I tried to PM you first.

...Anyways, I'm looking forward to this airship battle. I might put a few characters I've planned to use in Po there, in fact, so I can "play both sides," so to speak.

Edited by Meta-Mind

Woah. Hasn't Po-koro already been the center of enough mindless violence for a few lifetimes? :P

Why are they attacking Po-Koro Anyway?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)