Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

We have a massive, flying ship filled with Foreign Tech.

How can we fight it in a way that involved Naval Warfare, not Toa Power Pewpewpew? (Which would be cool, if not for the fact that Tuck controls them)

We need....Either tech on the ground, tech on the sea, or tech in the sky, to match the Jhianil.

And then this goes from BZPRPG 2012 to Techno-Toa and some other cool people 2012.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

While I agree with Nuju that the over-scientificness of certain people's ideas <cough JL cough> is pointless, I disagree on one point. It's not because there are too many scientific minds playing the game, it's because there are too many people who THINK they know a lot about science, when in fact, they're getting it wrong ALL OVER THE PLACE.For example, I've seen people saying that we don't know that positrons exist. This is wrong. We do.And how are you going to just magically create a mile-long foot-wide vacuum? Even a magical Toa of Air would have trouble with that, let alone technology.I suppose my point here is that science being applied to the RPG is not a bad thing. BAD science, on the other hand, is. Or, indeed, coming up with overly-complicated ideas involving concepts you don't really understand.Just play the game, guys. This is more a fantasy game than a sci-fi one, anyway :PAnd now, I must be going. To try to get a place at Cambridge to study...oh yeah, SCIENCE :P

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

While I agree with Nuju that the over-scientificness of certain people's ideas <cough JL cough> is pointless, I disagree on one point. It's not because there are too many scientific minds playing the game, it's because there are too many people who THINK they know a lot about science, when in fact, they're getting it wrong ALL OVER THE PLACE.

---

I think there's another side to this, though. Even if someone knows their science, I don't really want to see it in the game if it's beyond high school science. Heck, even some high school science is pushing it. If you have to take a class to understand the physics of the game, then I think we've gone too far. I play this game because I enjoy writing, not because I enjoy flaunting my knowledge of advanced physics.

Basically, my point is that I don't really care if the science is right or wrong; if your average Joe can't make heads or tails of it, I think we should leave it be. A large part of the fun in playing this game is in the ability to imagine, not in the adherence to real-world rules. While science can make the game more interesting, it has the potential to kill any enjoyment when overused.

An example is EW's sinking of the Kumu Islets. Everyone understands that organic material decomposes over time, releasing methane, a flammable gas. The lighting of said gas would realistically create a situation that we just saw unfold in Kumu. It's simple, straightforward, and everyone can see that it's not godmodding. Yay for science.

The use of positrons, on the other hand, is less appropriate, because not everyone here even knows what positrons are, let alone how they behave. That kind of advanced science, whether used correctly or incorrectly, isn't a good fit for this game.

Oh, and good luck, Ghosty! :)

Edited by Eyru Bieber

Tuck is going to destroy airship? I'll be over on the hill, looking for summoned meteor strikes. :PThis will be very, very, fun to read.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

It wasn't the Peers and Bad Company who blew up Kumu.

It was the heat Joske emanated when he first made his transformation into a Toa ... on the other side of the island ... months ago.

Anyway, disregarding our forced Chuck Norris jokes, anyone got an idea how to rebuild the ILF? We'll need them soon.

Like, really soon.

There are too many scientific minds playing this game. It makes my suspended disbelief ache ever so much.

i only use physics from sid the science kid in my rping

it hasn't failed me yet

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I dunno, dude. Sid the Science Kid hasn't talked about airships yet, so I haven't really been keeping up with the argument.

From what I can discern? Airships are not troo mata nui status

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Huh. Can't really say I'm surprised, though I'm a bit disappointed.

Largely because I actually took the time to make a character, and hash the details of his tech out with Nuju. :P Oh well. The ship was a long shot anyway, and I knew it from the beginning. Just kind of disappointed that it got approved, started to move out, and got smited.

I mean, they hadn't even done much yet. Raknar did more damage with a Bomber!Grochi. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG