Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Just in case Kehuri gets ignored again, JAVERT, KEHURI JUST ENTERED KETHRYE'S FIELD OF VISION, AND LIKELY DEHKAZ'S AS WELL.

Please remember to PM people when you're trying to reach out to specific members. This is not the place for this. Also, we're not supposed to use bigger font sizes; that's mostly reserved for staff in their [generally important] announcements and PSAs.

But... But... I got the impression GH wanted his character to live... :P

Also, this. So much this. XD

Please remember to PM people when you're trying to reach out to specific members. This is not the place for this. Also, we're not supposed to use bigger font sizes; that's mostly reserved for staff in their [generally important] announcements and PSAs.

---

Oh.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

No, they haven't. But they thought it was a better idea to return them anyways seeing as Pala-Koro isn't there anymore.

Fixed that for you.

Really? Last I checked everything was more or less there. Partial burned and covered with rubble, but there. Really, the way people keep insisting Pala-Koro is completely and utterly destroyed is starting to wear a bit thin.

Hey all.

I'm starting to get rid of some characters, so if you want one, let me know by PM, and I'll remove it from my profile page post. Just make sure you've already copied it. There's only two, by the way.

Here's the ones up for grabs:

Laynuai

Byraher

WIP

Note: my posts in Onu-Koro- OOC and IC -were impersonations of a certain trend of behavior becoming disturbingly popular in the game, and they were impersonations for personal reasons that will not be disclosed. Know that this is not how I normally act, and most of you know that, and that it will now stop.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Wait, Kyrax is randomly attacking Clariax as an OOC impersonation?That doesn't seem like good form, especially since you are withholding your reasons.

Kyrax is supposedly impersonating a recent trend among some participants in this RP. KNI was attempting to "teach a lesson" by stooping to the methods used by some writers here. Personally, I don't think this is good form in the slightest - but it does raise a valid point.

Of those who commonly fight this way, how many do you think of as real characters? More than often, these characters are one-dimensional and without much personality. They're entirely centered around combat. As a result, we can say that fighting this is actually not good form for an RP. Many older or better writers know this, but some others have not attempted to develop their characters or writing - which suggests that they haven't noticed this. In almost every situation, the best way to make a good character is not to center them around combat.

I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone with the above, but it is a trend I've seen in some - and if those writers could begin to develop their characters, think about them as more than fighting machines, we could have a smoother-running RP as a whole.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Wait, Kyrax is randomly attacking Clariax as an OOC impersonation?That doesn't seem like good form, especially since you are withholding your reasons.
Kyrax is supposedly impersonating a recent trend among some participants in this RP. KNI was attempting to "teach a lesson" by stooping to the methods used by some writers here. Personally, I don't think this is good form in the slightest - but it does raise a valid point. Of those who commonly fight this way, how many do you think of as real characters? More than often, these characters are one-dimensional and without much personality. They're entirely centered around combat. As a result, we can say that fighting this is actually not good form for an RP. Many older or better writers know this, but some others have not attempted to develop their characters or writing - which suggests that they haven't noticed this. In almost every situation, the best way to make a good character is not to center them around combat. I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone with the above, but it is a trend I've seen in some - and if those writers could begin to develop their characters, think about them as more than fighting machines, we could have a smoother-running RP as a whole.
A smooth running RPG also needs a bit of....respect. Not saying you don't have any, MM, just pointing out one of the obvious.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

A smooth running RPG also needs a bit of....respect. Not saying you don't have any, MM, just pointing out one of the obvious.

This is absolutely true as well - respect of other writers, of their plans and their characters can also blunt some of the "I MUST WIN" feelings that lead to this. Instead of working against your opponent, work with them, to let your battle flow and climax like a professional story! One reason staff battles are so cool is because the staff work together when their characters fight - they plan things out with their opponents.And again, I'm sorry if what I'm saying is seeming elitist or stuck-up. I used to make a huge amount of mistakes like this - I'd get frustrated and try to godmod/do something stupid, then have my character destroyed in a stress-inducing, anticlimactic battle. This RP has a huge amount of potential, especially since the plot will be more player-driven next year, and I don't want to see anyone ruining the chances they have to be important in this RP, nor the chances they have to make it cooler and more fun for everyone involved. I've completely ruined a few RPs elsewhere, and I don't want to see anyone else making those same mistakes.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I was working against him under what I stated earlier.I'm going to get mad if people start acting like this is normal for me. >=(Kidding aside, I will say again: I was acting under the stated behavior. I wasn't working towards a goal IG. The goal was OOC.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.