• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#36081 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 08:45 PM

Uh, Natalia is a healer. She's tending to Lumira right now, but yeah. On ground level though.

The iguana disapproves.

#36082 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 08:56 PM

IC: [color=#00ffff;][font="georgia;"]Dehkaz[/color][/font] [color=#00ffff;][font="georgia;"]"You can't get away from me that easy, ma'am," the Toa of Magnetism replied with a grin.  He looked towards the village, which seemed to be in utter chaos.  "And Krayn must've activated my Lasina Drive.  Thought I kept that under lock and key."[/color][/font]

Lasinia Drives - Every ship needs one.

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#36083 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:03 PM

How public is Ambages, by the way? Would he be recognizable to most of the island? Same goes for the rest of the peers and gentry.

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#36084 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:06 PM

The Gentry are very public. They're well know philanthropists.  The same goes for Ambages, considering he's a mayor member of the Gentry.

I'm not so sure about the other Peers. EW hasn't elaborated on them very much. 

#36085 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:10 PM

Actually, there are only two peers left, both of which have been developed thoroughly by EW, if I remember correctly.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer~Drone 0350

Sunken Cities Profiles ~ Trapped in a Map Profiles ~ Voyage of the Requiem IV Profiles

#36086 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:14 PM

Ah, I remember one of them dying, but not both of them. Aurelia isn't famous IC to my knowledge, is she?  

#36087 Offline Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 411 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:22 PM

I just "love" it when I'm the second-to-last post on a page before it turns during a conversation irrelevant to what I asked, so when the page turns people either forget what I said due to the new conversation or end up not seeing it. It's kinda funny actually. =P
Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"
"Wrong."
"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

#36088 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:26 PM

I just "love" it when I'm the second-to-last post on a page before it turns during a conversation irrelevant to what I asked, so when the page turns people either forget what I said due to the new conversation or end up not seeing it. It's kinda funny actually. =P

---I can imagine how frustrating it has to be. It's happened to me before.

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#36089 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:30 PM

PMing the people involved usually works. People not noticing your posts is annoying, yeah.

#36090 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:39 PM

I don't have any cahracters in Ta-Koro. You (Voutok) could try following Tuara around.

1322709438521.jpg

#36091 Offline Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 9,210 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 09:51 PM

How public is Ambages, by the way? Would he be recognizable to most of the island? Same goes for the rest of the peers and gentry.

He's not very well known outside of his very small social community. If your character knew anything about architecture, chances are Ambages' name was dropped somewhere. But otherwise, he's not even well-known in Ko-Koro, where he lives. You could have found this out by looking at his profile, though.

The Gentry are very public. They're well know philanthropists.  The same goes for Ambages, considering he's a major member of the Gentry.

While the Gentry are rather public, that doesn't mean their members are public by virtue.

Ah, I remember one of them dying, but not both of them. Aurelia isn't famous IC to my knowledge, is she?  

Two of the four have ceased from gameplay. They were NPCs. Aurelia isn't very well known since she works behind the scenes to control things. Her major plot action was the salvation and renovation of Xa-Koro, so I imagine some rumours of her existence have reached the mainland since the success story of her town, but other than that, no, I don't think she's well known. In fact, it wouldn't seem wrong to say that some rumours of her death in the cataclysm of Xa-Koro are about.

|| @YOLO_Chojo ||

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

This is the story of Ambages, the little architect that could.

(he thinks he can he thinks he can he thinks he can)

#36092 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:01 PM

He's not very well known outside of his very small social community. If your character knew anything about architecture, chances are Ambages' name was dropped somewhere. But otherwise, he's not even well-known in Ko-Koro, where he lives. You could have found this out by looking at his profile, though.
 True, but I hate having to dig through the profile pages. It'd be nice if everyone were on the Wiki, that way you could just search and find them.

#36093 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:04 PM

It's actually quite easier to use the profile topic. It's official, and you can just search the character name or check the profiles of the player.

imx_327053664.png

Sunken Cities Profiles ~ Trapped in a Map Profiles ~ Voyage of the Requiem IV Profiles

#36094 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:05 PM

Well if you're on mobile... Different story.

1322709438521.jpg

#36095 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:09 PM

You think mobile is bad... Try 3DS. You can search, but the topic is TOO BIG TO LOAD.

Anyway, getting off topic.

The iguana disapproves.

#36096 Online -JL-

-JL-
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,598 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:11 PM

If you're on Mobile and you're Hubert, that IS a completely different story.

Guys, uh, I'm just wondering:is there different timezones/sun location time difference in this game?

n

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#36097 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:14 PM

I don't think the island is big enough.

1322709438521.jpg

#36098 Offline Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 9,210 posts

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:16 PM

We have explained this to you several times: In the game there is an idea called BZPRPG time. Time is whatever people say it is relative their characters. That's essentially it. If a character says it is sunny and midday, then it is, even if the person in the same wahi says that it is dinnertime and the sun has set.

Edited by Littlefinger, Dec 11 2012 - 10:17 PM.

|| @YOLO_Chojo ||

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

This is the story of Ambages, the little architect that could.

(he thinks he can he thinks he can he thinks he can)

#36099 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:36 PM

Guys, uh, I'm just wondering:is there different timezones/sun location time difference in this game?

What is this about my superior Blackberry phone and my ability to post ridiculously fast even when on it?

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

#36100 Online -JL-

-JL-
  • Members

• 3,598 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 10:58 PM

What is this about my superior Blackberry phone and my ability to post ridiculously fast even when on it?

Your free time.

n

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#36101 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 11:04 PM

Ah yes, my free time.

Created through doing lots of homework, and with Australian schools having four terms of about 8 weeks with 2 week holidays between each term, along with a longer one between the fourth term of one year and the first of the next.

In other news, your plot seems suspiciously Mark Bearer-ish.

- D.J. Sagara

#36102 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 11:13 PM

Ah yes, my free time.

Created through doing lots of homework, and with Australian schools having four terms of about 8 weeks with 2 week holidays between each term, along with a longer one between the fourth term of one year and the first of the next.

Which you should avoid.Not just for originality's sake, but because that plot ended up sucking.

Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth!"satsukibanner2.gif

BZPRPG Profiles

#36103 Offline Commander Viral

Commander Viral
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,514 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 11:15 PM

Ah yes, my free time.

Which you should avoid.Not just for originality's sake, but because that plot ended up sucking.

Unless someone like Salvinn is involved in that plot, cause otherwise their mind won't get fixed.

Who am I kidding there's no one like Salvinn.

"I'll tell you two things: First, any human on the surface will be completely annihilated by our Human Eradication Army. Second, that is my dinner - give it back!"
2lxvyvp.jpg

#36104 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 11:16 PM

Whose plot?

1322709438521.jpg

#36105 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2012 - 11:17 PM

Sentient-Mask-Boy's plot.

#36106 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:01 AM

Joske, you magnificent son of a ... something.

I salute your ability to dig through red tape in search of blackmail material.

- D.J. Sagara

#36107 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:15 AM

I don't see how Marks are like Sentient Masks. Mark Bearers showed up on the island with Marks and did a bunch of stuff. Then the plot ended with the loss of the Marks, and boom. As if nothing ever happened. (Aside from those guys who kept their Marks.)

Now JL's plot has Sentient Masks, which are a lot more self-aware than instinctive, parasitic Marks...and it begins with someone hitting a load of people in the head.

Only similarity is a handful of people get a staff-approved character development tool/cool thingy.

#36108 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:19 AM

Of course, JL could have done it without the mind-wipe thing ...

Which was done by Snipe.

Say, are the masks made of Krilactik-Screw it, too hard to spell.

- D.J. Sagara

#36109 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:30 AM

Relapse

For full effect, listen to the Social Network's - Hand Covers Bruise

I know it might seem odd, but halfway through this post, I realized how much I like Tuara's character, and that coupled with the emotions in the post, and the incredibly already emotional music I was listening to, I almost started crying in the process of writing.Not sure what's happening to me, but it makes me proud of this post.

Edited by We Are Legion, Dec 12 2012 - 03:36 AM.

Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth!"satsukibanner2.gif

BZPRPG Profiles

#36110 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:40 AM

I just realised that if Naona and Ril had stopped Tank and Utu a year ago from escaping Ta-Koro, then none of this would have happened, so pretty much everything is my fault.

Joy.

- D.J. Sagara

#36111 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,346 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 07:37 AM

So... Read the Tuara post....Um. My bad?*whistles innocently, hiding Iris' profile behind my back*
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#36112 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 07:47 AM

Oh my.....Did Joske just invent the lightsaber? :P it has the opening and closing sounds effects too. Wow.

imx_327053664.png

#36113 Offline Al the Chicken Man

Al the Chicken Man
  • Members
  • Fear Confronted

• 6,428 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 07:51 AM

Relapse

For full effect, listen to the Social Network's - Hand Covers Bruise

I know it might seem odd, but halfway through this post, I realized how much I like Tuara's character, and that coupled with the emotions in the post, and the incredibly already emotional music I was listening to, I almost started crying in the process of writing.Not sure what's happening to me, but it makes me proud of this post.
"Relapse"I thought you were publicly reporting me or something Had a heart attack

#36114 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,128 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm pretty sure some enterprising Vortixx has invented a lightsaber already.

- D.J. Sagara

#36115 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 08:43 AM

I've been doing something similar with Grochi since I first popped up.

Empty hilt, channel element through, plasma blade, ooooh.

#36116 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

• 7,378 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 09:07 AM

---

[color=#000000;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]but you need the magnetic field to stop it from just passing through people D:[/color][/font]

Edited by Gravity, Dec 12 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#36117 Online -JL-

-JL-
  • Members

• 3,598 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 09:53 AM

---

[color=#000000;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]but you need the magnetic field to stop it from just passing through people D:[/color][/font]

---

You want a plasma blade to get stuck in someone's body?

How does that even work?

n

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#36118 Online Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,662 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have something I need to be clear on.

As far as I understand, this RPG undergoes a series of routine "reeboots", even more so than DC ever does.

Does it, like, reboot every year, and we just start with a clean slate from there, with new characters and staff plots and whatnot?

#36119 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,346 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 11:29 AM

Not quite.There have been exactly two reboots. One because the story had grown too large, the other because of a massive down time.The setting often changes in some way at the end of a year, but you usually can carry characters over.
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#36120 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,252 posts

Posted Dec 12 2012 - 11:29 AM

I have something I need to be clear on. As far as I understand, this RPG undergoes a series of routine "reeboots", even more so than DC ever does. Does it, like, reboot every year, and we just start with a clean slate from there, with new characters and staff plots and whatnot?

Dunno I think the story will end in 2013 (banners and av's from staff) and I hope our chars may then help to save Mata Nui that would be awesome

Monster Contest Entries:

The Seige of Ga-Koro Minecraft Modification

(Download Available)

Massive

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users